• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Sardondi

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 28, 2013, 08:39:11 PM
Yes, this was an unfortunate blunder on Ketchum's part. But the only thing that really matters is the actual DNA evidence/analysis. And Ketchum's response was reasonable. Also note that the author of the piece on the JRF (James Randi Foundation, a notoriously rabid "skeptical" org) site does not think that the paper or the study are hoaxes.
It's more than just "unfortunate". And it's more than just mocking the provenance process and the research rigor mandatory for such projects. Of course, anyone with their bubble remotely near center knew this chick was bogus when simple tests kept taking years to do, while pleas for funds kept being made. And now the seas start flooding in, as it turns out the DNA sequence contains "dog" "cat" "panda" (for the furries?) and other assorted truly "junk" DNA. The report said something about it looking like an intentional attempt to deceive if I'm not mistaken. http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/02/watch-this-biologists-speak-out-turns.html?showComment=1361937952199
Ouch, indeed.

George Noory sucks even more for ever having this con woman anywhere near a mic.

ziznak

Quote from: Agent : Orange on February 28, 2013, 05:46:12 PM
George made LMH cry?! How have I not heard about this until now?
yeah i dont think i ever heard that one???

coaster

He pulled a noory and told her it was her last time on coast..

HAL 9000

Quote from: b_dubb on February 28, 2013, 07:46:40 PMwow. just wow. headline: George Knapp Gushes Over Fraudulent Bigfoot Research, Slams the Door on His Dick (Metaphorically Speaking)

I was hoping this study would actually find some real evidence. I feel like a fool

Spot on there, b_dubb regarding Knapp. Some may remember my "rap on Knapp" from Feb. ;D 18 noted here:

George Knapp - just another corporate shill post #1
George Knapp - Corporate Shill post #2

All it takes is for us all to keep a critical eye on those who would attempt to fool us - and those who profess to be "journalists" -  yet seem oblivious to even the most mundane evidence to the contrary.

Clearly, it would seem to me, that Ketchum (and perhaps Noory) has licked the "Knapp Sack" to sustain her fraud.

Quote from: ufogadfly on February 28, 2013, 08:39:11 PMYes, this was an unfortunate blunder on Ketchum's part. Perhaps you didn't read the full article.

Actually, I wonder if you read the study.

I did, and it is clearly identified as an April Fool's joke by the principal author of the study, Michel C. Milinkovitch.

Though I would expect people should do their own research, I've done it for you.

The study's author's homepage is HERE, but what you really want to see is his publications page located HERE

Publication #44 is labeled:

Milinkovitch M. C., Caccone A. & G. Amato
Molecular phylogenetic analyses indicate extensive morphological convergence between the ‘‘yeti’’ and primates
(April’s fool day paper in the 1st of April Issue of MPE)
Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 31: 1â€"3 (2004)

The direct link to the study (PDF) is HERE

Do you see that the name of the file is: yeti_files/yeti_1st_April_MPE_2004.pdf? Get it?

But also, in the study itself on page 1, it notes:

QuoteThe study reported here represents a scientifically rigorous assessment of conflict between the published morphological characters and newly obtained molecular characters for a species of questionable validity. More significantly, however, this study indicates that evolutionary biologists need to retain a sense of humor in their efforts to reconstruct phylogenetic relationships. Happy April Fools Day!

Additionally though, perhaps the study author's humor evaded you when he says in the conclusion part of the paper, "It is quite remarkable that Haddock already identified 44 years ago the correct phylogenetic position of the yeti (despite he had seen only footprints in the snow) when he yelled at it ‘‘You odd-toed ungulate!’’ (Herge, 1960, p. 26).

Just FYI - odd-toed ungulates are animals with hooves - like horses.

So simple even a veterinarian would know that an odd-toed ungulate would be a Yeti horse - oh, wait... Ketchum is a veterinarian  :'(

Let's move on, shall we?

It really is a frustrating dilemma. A show like C2C is so important being the only forum really available for this type of info, or at least with such wide distribution. Yet night after night I find myself freaking out at the Zombie like, repetitive performance by someone who really seems to be mailing it in. He just is not that bright at the end of the day. The amount of stupid questions he asks, whether deliberately or not is unimaginable.

I'm done a similar show and am relaunching it in the spring. I was thinking of doing it weekly to begin and ultimately nightly. I've been in mainstream media for 20 years and left to launch this initiative. Check out "Richard Garner The ONE Network" on youtube. There's interviews with Dr. Edgar Mitchell, Dr. Amit Goswami, Daniel Pinchbeck, Carmen Boulter etc. I was originally planning to try not to go up against C2C, but if there's enough interest, then maybe I should do just that. Let me know. I promise a much better effort, performance and experience.

coaster

HAL leaves the posts I would post if I wasnt inebriated half the time.

Mels-hole1984

I see my red door, I must have it painted black.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: coaster on February 28, 2013, 11:43:12 PM
HAL leaves the posts I would post if I wasnt inebriated half the time.

weren't (used when stating a hypothetical)

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Sardondi on February 28, 2013, 09:38:23 PM
It's more than just "unfortunate". And it's more than just mocking the provenance process and the research rigor mandatory for such projects. Of course, anyone with their bubble remotely near center knew this chick was bogus when simple tests kept taking years to do, while pleas for funds kept being made. And now the seas start flooding in, as it turns out the DNA sequence contains "dog" "cat" "panda" (for the furries?) and other assorted truly "junk" DNA. The report said something about it looking like an intentional attempt to deceive if I'm not mistaken. http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/02/watch-this-biologists-speak-out-turns.html?showComment=13619379 Sometimes I'm drunk, and sometimes Sardoni's right...I have too agree with him on this point. Did you hear the show lastnight? I was itching to hear George ask the doctor about the near death expieriances...I waited to long...I fell asleep...I should have known better.

George Noory sucks even more for ever having this con woman anywhere near a mic.

armyvet8896

Snoory just dumped the first guest and his response was "OH WELL". He sucks

armyvet8896

Noisy sucks. He didn't say the guest sucks. Sorry

Sardondi

Quote from: armyvet8896 on March 01, 2013, 12:22:22 AM
Snoory just dumped the first guest and his response was "OH WELL". He sucks.
With as many "accidentally" dropped calls as George runs into, C2C must have the worst phone banks of any radio show in America. What a shame, eh, George?

Doomed

Quote from: Sardondi on February 28, 2013, 05:13:13 PM
Ah, the good, old "Noory Sucks Compendium". But what's this strange sensation? I'm...I'm getting stupid! I feel brain cells dying! There's a definite reduction in base IQ here. Level of posts - retarded. I know, I know - we're talking about the Compendium. But still, I feel it getting....well, dumber as I watch. Must...escape....now.
Its puwerful. Ith not...I feel...um...thorry. I jutht pooped a little. Ith it wearing a thadowhat?

OldTimeRadio

I listen to Snoory about once a month and usually I can only take it for just a few minutes.  Tonight the Earthfiles (?) guy is on and he's reasonably good, but it seems like every other thing the guest says, fucking George has to repeat it like a caregiver for an audience who's been severely impaired as a result of a car accident.  It's fucking lame.

I'd feel really bad though if it turned out he met a terminally-ill child in 1982 and their dying wish was for him to explain everything  like he does when he broadcasts, so they kid could understand it in heaven.  You know what though?  Fuck that kid.  There should be enough people to answer their questions in heaven.

Quote from: coaster on February 28, 2013, 09:07:55 PM
Regardless, Bigfoot does not exist. Its a ridiculous topic.

An unmistakable trend, as of late.

For the record, it`s my belief that there`s nothing wrong with airing controversial subjects from time to time -- that`s part of the (former?) charm of Coast. However it`s incumbent upon the host to probe all angles and possibilities while, hopefully, not coming across as overtly confrontational.     

mombird3

George always agrees with everything. I would love to hear him ask for proof on any subject. He cannot do it. Not on his cue cards.

Very predictable: George kicks off the LMH segment with Lady in Red as he fantasizes dancing with her cheek to cheek.  I wish she would tell him to drop his sexist dreams and innuendos and treat her like a real reporter.

HAL 9000

Quote from: coaster on March 01, 2013, 12:40:33 AMis it a..what day is this?
Quote from: The General on March 01, 2013, 01:11:55 AMcheers!

Kinda not funny though - this isn't really the place, but Coaster, if this is a problem, and sounds like it is, there is help. Really.

Doomed

Guddam mole people and their underground booms.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Sardondi on March 01, 2013, 12:26:10 AM
With as many "accidentally" dropped calls as George runs into, C2C must have the worst phone banks of any radio show in America. What a shame, eh, George?

I have a bleeding feeling, that your'e from the UK. Not that that's a bad thing...

coaster

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 01, 2013, 12:47:31 AM

An unmistakable trend, as of late.

For the record, it`s my belief that there`s nothing wrong with airing controversial subjects from time to time -- that`s part of the (former?) charm of Coast. However it`s incumbent upon the host to probe all angles and possibilities while, hopefully, not coming across as overtly confrontational.   
indeed. thats what coast is about. but noory..shit i forget the word...sucks

Noory seems to have lost the ability to speak or he just fell asleep.  How long between words?

Falkie2013

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on March 01, 2013, 01:11:09 AM
Very predictable: George kicks off the LMH segment with Lady in Red as he fantasizes dancing with her cheek to cheek.  I wish she would tell him to drop his sexist dreams and innuendos and treat her like a real reporter.

Funny. Most guests that Snoory has had on of late are cheek to cheek as well. Their roughened facial cheeks brushing his asscheeks as they kiss it assiduously and all the while telling Snoorge what a GREAT job he's doing.

Linda is not a great interviewer, but infinitely better than George.

I'm glad Noory had the good sense not to mention tumeric when Linda mentioned Dr. Lovinlindagood. It sounded like Linda was in love.
George was probably burning with jealousy.

Ketchum is owned for not even reading the first page of that damn paper. A shifty piece of work made shiftier.