• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

albrecht

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 23, 2015, 11:39:46 AM
Interesting mystery in Los Angeles. I am going to keep my eye on this one.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2015/07/22/mystery-man-found-decomposing-in-car-had-more-than-1200-guns-cash-underwater-car/
I saw that story. Keep an eye out on it if you are local. So bizarre that it might be something that "disappears" in the national news. Underwater car? I want more details....those are some honest cops. I wish I happened upon a house full of cash, guns, ammo, and an underwater car. I might be driving, underwater, on the way to a tax-haven.

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 06:13:52 PM
I saw that story. Keep an eye out on it if you are local. So bizarre that it might be something that "disappears" in the national news. Underwater car? I want more details....those are some honest cops. I wish I happened upon a house full of cash, guns, ammo, and an underwater car. I might be driving, underwater, on the way to a tax-haven.

His girlfriend said the man claimed he was a secret agent for the last 30 years.

I wonder if he has a stash of Art Bell tapes.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 23, 2015, 06:14:58 PM
His girlfriend said the man claimed he was a secret agent for the last 30 years.
With stuff like that I can believe it! Though I want more details. Like is the "underwater car" end up just being a vehicle with a snorkel; which is common in many 4x4s. I also want to know this guy's source of income to afford all that stuff. Not not a "secret agent" than something illegal or strange I'm guessing.

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 06:18:38 PM
With stuff like that I can believe it! Though I want more details. Like is the "underwater car" end up just being a vehicle with a snorkel; which is common in many 4x4s. I also want to know this guy's source of income to afford all that stuff. Not not a "secret agent" than something illegal or strange I'm guessing.

The article said he has $230,000 in cash in his house. He had a serious source of income. Even on the cheap, 1200 guns x $600 each gun is $720,000.

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 23, 2015, 06:20:05 PM
The article said he has $230,000 in cash in his house. He had a serious source of income. Even on the cheap, 1200 guns x $600 each gun is $720,000.
Yeah, this might need its own thread and should be mentioned on the news updates during MITD show tonight. Crazy. Drug dealer, inherited wealth, or maybe he is some kind of spy but I thought spies like that were just for the James Bond and books/movies!?

Quote from: albrecht on July 23, 2015, 06:51:05 PM
Yeah, this might need its own thread and should be mentioned on the news updates during MITD show tonight. Crazy. Drug dealer, inherited wealth, or maybe he is some kind of spy but I thought spies like that were just for the James Bond and books/movies!?

This does need its own thread. The story gets better.
"...in Pacific Palisades was believed to be a human/alien hybrid secretly working with the U.S. government by his fiancée and a missing Oxnard woman who worked for her"
"her daughter believes Lash was an alien “sent to earth to protect us."

http://ktla.com/2015/07/22/dead-man-with-hundreds-of-weapons-linked-to-disappearance-of-oxnard-mother/

flimflam384

Wow, holy carpsticks, was that guy planning on raising an army?

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 23, 2015, 07:31:58 PM
"...in Pacific Palisades was believed to be a human/alien hybrid secretly working with the U.S. government by his fiancée and a missing Oxnard woman who worked for her"

http://ktla.com/2015/07/22/dead-man-with-hundreds-of-weapons-linked-to-disappearance-of-oxnard-mother/
My threads tend to go nowhere due some political stuff. So somebody needs to create this thread and we need to get updates from local sources. So bizarre.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 23, 2015, 07:31:58 PM

I wonder how many of those firearms will never make it to evidence lockup. Hey, my brother -- retired detective -- always said, "cops have the best shit"

aldousburbank

You don't want to be high all the time, but if you do it helps to be stoned.

Albemuth

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 24, 2015, 11:44:11 AM
Universal Hot/Crazy Matrix Guide To Relationships

Wow! Indisputable… The dude has it all figured out…

Quote from: Albemuth on July 24, 2015, 12:03:56 PM
Wow! Indisputable… The dude has it all figured out…

Yeah, that's pretty good stuff, but I have a much simpler axiom:

Women marry the richest guy they can attract and men marry the hottest woman they can afford. Easy.

Eddie Coyle

Ever see those wino types who are dead asleep on a park bench surrounded by nip bottles at 2pm...

My God do I envy them.

Eddie Coyle

Well, I guess we'll never see Suburban Commando on TV again.  :'(

Thank Odin I have the VHS!  8)

Eddie Coyle

U2 have a bassist and drummer.

They've never had a rhythm section.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 24, 2015, 12:28:23 PM
   Ever see those wino types who are dead asleep on a park bench surrounded by nip bottles at 2pm...

My God do I envy them.

Life would be much simpler, wouldn't it?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 03:20:43 PM

Life would be much simpler, wouldn't it?

The entirety of my envy right there.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 24, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
  The entirety of my envy right there.

Exactly. When I was a kid, I lived next door to a retarded kid. Every day was a great day to him. Kennedy gunned down; great day. Vietnam raging on; great day. Undefeated number 1 ranked Buckeyes lose; great day.

His world was a simple world, unencumbered by the complexities and stress that slowly wither most people to a nub.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on July 24, 2015, 03:43:45 PM

Exactly. When I was a kid, I lived next door to a retarded kid. Every day was a great day to him. Kennedy gunned down; great day. Vietnam raging on; great day. Undefeated number 1 ranked Buckeyes lose; great day.

His world was a simple world, unencumbered by the complexities and stress that slowly wither most people to a nub.

I had a classmate, who while not quite retarded, was definitely not far from it and was the most incredibly overly optimistic and enthusiastic person you could imagine. I could envision being a 35 foot tall blind lesbian Eskimo before having his outlook or personality.

Next time around, I'm eating paint chips as a toddler and going to enjoy my time here.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 23, 2015, 06:14:58 PM

I wonder if he has a stash of Art Bell tapes.
It certainly wouldn't be Dave Noorie tapes.  I can't imagine anyone crazy enough to do that.

The more I think about Pluto, the more I think it needs adequate representation in order to achieve planetary status, maybe  by the William Morris Agency or some such other powerhouse PR firm.  Or Pluto could possibly 'leak' a sex tape with one of Neptune's moons, you know, anything to trend on Twitter #PlutoisaSlut.

Failing that, millions of schoolchildren will have to continue prising the little blue styrofoam Pluto planet from their science projects and this is cruel and unacceptable.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 24, 2015, 09:30:31 PM
The more I think about Pluto, the more I think it needs adequate representation in order to achieve planetary status, maybe  by the William Morris Agency or some such other powerhouse PR firm.  Or Pluto could possibly 'leak' a sex tape with one of Neptune's moons, you know, anything to trend on Twitter #PlutoisaSlut.

Earth has Gawker at the ready to ruin Pluto.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 24, 2015, 09:36:50 PM
    Earth has Gawker at the ready to ruin Pluto.

Yeah, but then they'll just delete if pushed to the wall.

Chine

I love Pluto!

We are getting mad thunderstorms and rain this weekend. Driving around to attend to errands and I'm going to pick up a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. Maybe I'll paint Pluto with Pluto.

aldousburbank

When I'm in New York City I love everybody.

When I'm in Las Vegas I hate everybody.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 25, 2015, 11:04:14 AM
When I'm in New York City I love everybody.

When I'm in Las Vegas I hate everybody.

Love/hater,
Reported.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 24, 2015, 02:47:48 PM
   U2 have a bassist and drummer.

They've never had a rhythm section.

Actually they do; it's just hidden beneath/behind the stage when they do a gig. Keyboardists etc also reside out of sight..