• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 11, 2015, 10:34:51 AM
Listening to an Art Bell replay where he's discussing paranormal sexual encounters. I'm more into the polynormal.
Man I missed out on all that hippie free love...were you basically sore the whole time?

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on July 11, 2015, 10:45:27 AM
Man I missed out on all that hippie free love...were you basically sore the whole time?
I am not falling for your use of past tenses.  ;)

Quote from: onan on July 11, 2015, 08:23:28 AM
I get ya on that. My liking is for something that makes me sweat. I like the numbing tingling and the chance of needing a big gulp of ice. But I don't claim to be an expert or even an aficionado. My son goes through a bottle of Sriracha every other week. For me there is little better than a very spicy chipotle flavor.

With a jar of chili flakes next to the stove and a bag of the tiny red and green Thai chilies in the freezer, I'm all set.

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 11, 2015, 12:20:34 PM
With a jar of chili flakes

What were they supposed to be? 

Quotenext to the stove and a bag of the tiny red and green Thai chilies in the freezer, I'm all set.

Has it turned out to be correct going on 20 years later?

chefist

BellGab has the best customer service ever! One of the corporate officers gave me my new avatar! I am a lifelong BG customer!

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 11, 2015, 10:34:51 AM
Listening to an Art Bell replay where he's discussing paranormal sexual encounters. I'm more into the polynormal.

http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks1/maths/dice/index.htm

I believe it is important to customize your die.

Jackstar

I think I just figured out what the tale of Aladdin's Lamp is a metaphor for. I am a little disturbed right now over it.

Quote from: albrecht on July 10, 2015, 10:41:39 PM
Unfortunately  >:( due to my laziness, squirrels, birds, snails, flooding, and associated varmints the only thing I can successfully grow are various peppers- but only hot kind. Even green and red peppers won't work out and my tomatoes (of every variety are failing, not fruiting, or eaten by something early.) Let me point my laziness here and the record rains (I've heard someone say too much ran is bad for plants?) And I have not used chemicals, fertilizers, or policed the area constantly.) But, it seems, the hot peppers (japs, serranos, ghost, tabasco) are thriving or at least growing. Critters don't like them, I guess?

Can't help with the deer because my area doesn't have them, but I do know squirrels. When I was carefree and naive, I went to the garden center and came back with an armload of bulbs of all varieties which I spent the afternoon planting. The next morning I woke to find hole upon hole where the bulbs had been placed. I went back to the garden center and learned two things: squirrels have a phenomenal sense of smell, including smelling food underground and the smell of bloodmeal masks the odor of the bulbs so they leave them alone, or they just don't like the smell.

I also got a 75 lb Eskimo husky who  lives to roust the critters. I almost feel sorry for them now, but my tomatoes and vegs have been undisturbed ever since she came. They avoid her like the plague.  ;D

One year I experimented with peppers and grew Habaneros along with the usual jalapenos and a deadly little red pepper. Now they were hot, hot, hot!

aldousburbank

Just when you think that life is crazy, it gets real trippy.  :P

albrecht

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 11, 2015, 07:45:18 PM

Can't help with the deer because my area doesn't have them, but I do know squirrels. When I was carefree and naive, I went to the garden center and came back with an armload of bulbs of all varieties which I spent the afternoon planting. The next morning I woke to find hole upon hole where the bulbs had been placed. I went back to the garden center and learned two things: squirrels have a phenomenal sense of smell, including smelling food underground and the smell of bloodmeal masks the odor of the bulbs so they leave them alone, or they just don't like the smell.

I also got a 75 lb Eskimo husky who  lives to roust the critters. I almost feel sorry for them now, but my tomatoes and vegs have been undisturbed ever since she came. They avoid her like the plague.  ;D

One year I experimented with peppers and grew Habaneros along with the usual jalapenos and a deadly little red pepper. Now they were hot, hot, hot!
Depending on dog breed and even differences between individuals of course, there can be weird things that happen. To wit: buddy long time ago had a nice black lab who loved to chase squirrels but never caught em. She wasn't trained (for hunting) but knew basic commands. But like most labs a nice fun dog but thought she needed to get every squirrel (at least when we were present) but never did- but tried with wild abandon. So one day I get a call from my friend after there was this huge storm. And he says the dog (she was outside dog) was in her bed and had a baby squirrel in it with her.) And was protecting it and sheltered it like a pup she had! Protecting her future 'enemy!' Crazy. Anyway he took it to a rescue (amazingly there are those places.) And bitch still chased squirrels. But, maybe, she thought a baby aint a fair fight?
Then there was a Rhodesian Ridgeback I knew, also a great dog and loyal and nice to people (friends), who could catch any varmint. And upset some yuppies walking their dog with his prowess catching a coon investigating my trash cans before I could heel him!

Natural instinct- and ability ingrained over generations- can't be totally "bred out" but what is worse is when is not supported, or redirected to positive behavior. I think that is the problem with pitbulls, etc, as an aside. But also, in a more benign sense, for those dogs who chew furniture, try to run away, bite the postman, etc. They want to WORK, HUNT, RETRIEVE, RUN, etc, be directed. They, unlike our children, can't just plug into a smartphone for their stimulation. (which is sad in itself that digital crap is better than going outside or being with people for kids these days.)

ps: speaking of animals and pets. Crazy story. I posted in "police" politics thread but worth a general thread because so crazy and show how the system "works" with a combination of missing/stolen pets, possible illegal alien, sort of corrupt police, disabled veteran, and a jury that, thankfully, sorted it out. Simply going to the police in many areas of the country is something to really try to avoid.
http://projects.statesman.com/news/missing-parrot/

aldousburbank

We never know what tomorrow wil bring but yesterday was pretty damn awesome!

eddie dean

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 12, 2015, 02:45:24 PM
We never know what tomorrow wil bring but yesterday was pretty damn awesome!

you beautiful son of a bitch you!  :)

It's raining outside. I also hate the word moist. That is all.

berry

I'm in ohio. It now rains every day. 2 inches in one hour last night and more to come today. It is tiring.

Jackstar

I'm in Seattle. We just finished fifteen days of 80+ weather. It only rains here on schedule. It's been that way for about six years now.

The wealthiest man in the world, who has been spending billions of cash dollars on geoengineering research for the larger part of three decades, has a lovely house. I can see it from my roof. It glistens in the CaliforniaWashington sun.

Grov505th

Rain...what is that.  I am in lovely Kandahar Afghanistan....the last time it rained was sometime back in APRIL......oh it was a 106 today for the high 107 for tomorrow...and so on

Jackstar

Quote from: Grov505th on July 13, 2015, 10:10:06 AM
Rain...what is that.  I am in lovely Kandahar Afghanistan....the last time it rained was sometime back in APRIL......oh it was a 106 today for the high 107 for tomorrow...and so on

How do they irrigate the poppies?

Oh, wait, that's surely classified. Sorry. I'm not trying to get you into trouble.

Chine

Whoa. Yeah. Kickstart My Heart.

Tommy Lee (of Motley Crüe) iked my painting on Twitter. That's the fifth Rocker or Band  who has followed my art. I'm a dork, I know but it feels good as a creative when first thing in the morning, I put on music and paint to whatever song inspires me. And you see a tweet star from the artist who inspired your morning.

b_dubb

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 12:18:33 PM

Tommy Lee (of Motley Crüe) iked my painting on Twitter. That's the fifth Rocker or Band  who has followed my art. I'm a dork, I know but it feels good as a creative when first thing in the morning, I put on music and paint to whatever song inspires me. And you see a tweet star from the artist who inspired your morning.
That's awesome. Grats.

Chine

Quote from: b_dubb on July 13, 2015, 12:51:30 PM
That's awesome. Grats.

Thanks, bdubb! I  don't know why, but for a week now I've been painting to various types metal. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. That rushing energy that I've needed the past week. This is the painting I tweeted that he liked. It's my portrait of Adrian Young, drummer of No Doubt. Which Adrian and ND have seen and even shared with their fans. It was really fun to see him like it.

b_dubb

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 12:57:37 PM
Thanks, bdubb! I  don't know why, but for a week now I've been painting to various types metal. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden. That rushing energy that I've needed the past week. This is the painting I tweeted that he liked. It's my portrait of Adrian Young, drummer of No Doubt. Which Adrian and ND have seen and even shared with their fans. It was really fun to see him like it.
You're picking up (Redacted)'s hesher energies via the GabCast

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 12:18:33 PM

If I live to be 117, I will never forget the spinning drum set featured on the Wild Side video. And I will never stop wishing it had been me in there spinning like a maniac.

I will be 117-years-old... listening to it....

where is my parachute harness, goddamn it?!  That was me, wasn't it? Long before the great war of 2031 and all these smart organs keeping me alive...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=By8S9qQX9b8

Chine

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
If I live to be 117, I will never forget the spinning drum set featured on the Wild Side video. And I will never stop wishing it had been me in there spinning like a maniac.

I will be 117-years-old... listening to it....

where is my parachute harness, goddamn it?!  That was me, wasn't it? Long before the great war of 2031 and all these smart organs keeping me alive...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=By8S9qQX9b8

YES! In fact, the spinning drum set was on my mind as I bought Wild Side on my iTunes to paint to as well. That video stays with me to this day. Then flashbacks of my first love in the 80s. Stock car races in Cleveland etc. One year we went to.. (What was it called... Monsters of Rock? Metal? 1987? It was an all day metal concert at various stadiums. VanHalen, Scorpions, Dokken and... Forget other two.

Reading Drudge today was some of the dumbest crap I've read lately. And I read some dumb shit..

aldousburbank

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 12:57:37 PM
May I recommend Rush's Snakes And Arrows?

eddie dean

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 13, 2015, 03:18:00 PM
Reading Drudge today was some of the dumbest crap I've read lately. And I read some dumb shit..

Haha.
We need a dumb shit scale, similar to this handy "Insane" scale:

I wonder where Bellgab rates on a DS scale?
I'd suspect it depends on the thread one reads.  ;D