• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

onan

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 01:02:44 PM
Is that Robert Hansen?

No the is actor Nich Chindlund. He played one of the creepiest X Files's characters. He had a fascination for toe nail clippings. Season 2 episode 13.

Quote from: onan on August 24, 2014, 01:12:00 PM
No the is actor Nich Chindlund. He played one of the creepiest X Files's characters. He had a fascination for toe nail clippings. Season 2 episode 13.

Okay, now I recognize him.  He was Toombs the mercenary in "The Chronicles of Riddick."  "Shoulda taken the money, Toombs." 

I never saw that "X-Files" ep, but in that picture he does look a bit like Robert Hansen.

onan

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 01:20:47 PM
Okay, now I recognize him.  He was Toombs the mercenary in "The Chronicles of Riddick."  "Shoulda taken the money, Toombs." 

I never saw that "X-Files" ep, but in that picture he does look a bit like Robert Hansen.

There are many creepy characters in the X Files but I always think of Chindlund first.

ItsOver

I miss the X Files almost as much as I miss C2C with Art.  Considering how much PremRad and Noory have screwed-up Coast, I can imagine how much Hollywood would screw-up a redo of X Files.  Who would they cast? ::)

Quote from: ItsOver on August 24, 2014, 02:47:58 PM
I miss the X Files almost as much as I miss C2C with Art.  Considering how much PremRad and Noory have screwed-up Coast, I can imagine how much Hollywood would screw-up a redo of X Files.  Who would they cast? ::)

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson couldn't make it on television today.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 02:50:47 PM
Hahaha, thanks Gee-orge. :))  Of course, Duchovny would have to be replaced by some bumbling, sniveling, suck-up who couldn't do anything right.  Hey, maybe... nah, he's too busy fighting to save the grid from EMP and maybe contemplating a run for the White House.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on August 24, 2014, 03:04:05 PM
Hahaha, thanks Gee-orge. :))  Of course, Duchovny would have to be replaced by some bumbling, sniveling, suck-up who couldn't do anything right.  Hey, maybe... nah, he's too busy fighting to save the grid from EMP and maybe contemplating a run for the White House, and a new base of operations in Hawaii.

fixed

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on August 24, 2014, 03:47:00 PM
fixed
Eh, what's the latest on Magnum Gee-orge's Hawaiian love nest?  We're wayyy past June. 

Tarbaby

Okay, stop it! Stop this right now! This is silly.git that camera crew outta here.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsOver on August 24, 2014, 04:21:49 PM
Eh, what's the latest on Magnum Gee-orge's Hawaiian love nest?  We're wayyy past June.
Allright, if you insist, I'll go check it out and give you a report soon. What island did that lying haole say he was going to spew his schleck from?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 02:50:47 PM

I'm not sure about Duchovny and Anderson.  The last great actor was Ernest Borgnine.  Once he started to wind down there was nothing left to watch but classic episodes of Gunsmoke and the Twilight Zone.  That's if you don't count Ancient Aliens and Beyond Belief, which you can watch on Gaiam TV with a free trial on your PC, laptop, iPad, or iPhone.  Android is coming soon for our (I mean their) Canadian customers as well so everyone can watch it.

Tarbaby

Ernest was married to Ethel Mirman for a little while. It's always fun to try to imagine those two on their honeymoon.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 24, 2014, 05:34:31 PM
Allright, if you insist, I'll go check it out and give you a report soon. What island did that lying haole say he was going to spew his schleck from?
I'm thinking it was Fantasy Island, Aldous.  Probably some funny looking short guy could help vector you in on a final approach.  Unless Tommy ate him.

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on August 24, 2014, 06:25:07 PM
I'm thinking it was Fantasy Island, Aldous.  Probably some funny looking short guy could help vector you in on a final approach.  Unless Tommy ate him.

de jorch boss de jorch

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 24, 2014, 05:34:31 PM

the dr evils see-krut volcano lair one

Quote from: wr250 on August 24, 2014, 06:28:26 PM
the dr evils see-krut volcano lair one

I figure it's right on the rim of Mauna Loa on the Big Island.  That's at one of the 19.5 degree nexus sites of Richard C. Hoaglands torsion fields.  If Hoagland is correct, they can harness that power to broadcast suck all over the World.  On the other hand, if Noory doesn't give a crap about Hoagland's theory and just kept him around as science advisor for ratings, then it's probably just one of those rare coincidences.  Going by the same hypothesis, George actually does believe in coincidences.

edit:  I did some snooping and found the secret plans.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 24, 2014, 06:07:50 PM
Ernest was married to Ethel Mirman for a little while. It's always fun to try to imagine those two on their honeymoon.

I knew their marriage listed just over a month and each blamed the other, but I didn't know the reasons, so I just looked them up.  When I typed "Merman Borgnine," I was more than a little surprised to see "Merman Borgnine Dutch oven" pop up as a top search choice.  Naturally, I went there, and learned that EM allegedly claimed that EB liked to hold her head under the covers while he broke wind repeatedly and gleefully.  Seriously.

While that story may or may not be true, he wasn't shy about sharing his secret for a long life. 

http://youtu.be/hk1T9XC3XPc

And then again, there's Bob Dylan's unique perspective expressed a little too vividly in "I Shall Be Free," which I'll leave to everyone else to interpret in their own way, because I sure don't have a clue and I like it that way.

Well, my telephone rang it would not stop
It’s President Kennedy callin’ me up
He said, “My friend, Bob, what do we need to make the country grow?”
I said, “My friend, John, Brigitte Bardot
Anita Ekberg
Sophia Loren”
(Put ’em all in the same room with Ernest Borgnine!)

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on August 24, 2014, 01:12:00 PM

I concur. He gave a eerie and creepy portrayal in that episode.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

While that story may or may not be true, he wasn't shy about sharing his secret for a long life. 

Wow!  I'm going to live forever!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 24, 2014, 11:33:24 PM
Wow!  I'm going to live forever!

Unfortunately, it looks like Steve Doocy will too, because he hasn't aged a day since that interview.  That's a scary thought!

And while Ernest Borgnine had his own special technique for staying young, his widow, Tova, founded a successful cosmetics business in the early seventies shortly after they were married.  Her first product was supposedly a traditional Mexican, cactus based rejuvenating cream that she sold to their Hollywood friends, who called it as "Facelift in a Jar."  The people who bought it can only hope that It didn't contain any secret ingredients from EB's "fountain of youth."

Tarbaby

Which, I was surprised to learn, if you search the Internet, is quite en vogue nowadays. That special facial ingredient that is.

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 25, 2014, 12:13:28 PM
Which, I was surprised to learn, if you search the Internet, is quite en vogue nowadays. That special facial ingredient that is.

I think I've seen some of those sites.  I didn't realize they were promoting beauty treatments.  I may have to go back and do some more research.  ;)

And I would be wary of any claims about the superiority of products that don't contain Essence of Ernest.  The importance of being Ernest cannot be understated.

Tarbaby

::)
Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 25, 2014, 12:43:10 PM
I think I've seen some of those sites.  I didn't realize they were promoting beauty treatments.  I may have to go back and do some more research.  ;)

And I would be wary of any claims about the superiority of products that don't contain Essence of Ernest.  The importance of being Ernest cannot be understated.
::)

NYA

Tiger Woods has sex change operation. Gives up golf in favor of tennis.

Google is there.

pate

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 19, 2014, 11:48:38 PM
I really wish sarcasm could be inflected in the written and typed word. I know there are 360 degrees in a circle. 60 minutes in each degree, and 60 seconds in each  minute of each degree. And 0 Kelvin is minus 273.16 (usually rounded to 274) Centigrade.

Dammit!  I', am unmasked! 

Seriously, that Pawn Star think with the Juylia Dryfussy thing.  Funny, esp... when you add the Drekking Bad ref...

ANyhow, here's something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8P9p6OEiI

maureen

With power down, I'm glad I still have my books.  And as I read, I find that Bellgab has coloured some of the material. For example, from T.S.Eliot's Murder in the Cathedral I found this gem for the Bellgabbers:

"... eating up the darkness, with wit, and wine, and wisdom!"

and from Henry James' The Ambassadors, this:

"... he roamed, fidgeted, and wasted time."

Thank you, MV, for this diverse fórum of fun.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 25, 2014, 12:13:28 PM

I've banned the internet. Didn't you get the memo?