• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

MV/Liberace!

anomalies... i heard someone on that broadcast say, "anyone with two eyes and a brain can see i'm right and that this was an inside job."  are you referring to him?

anomalies

Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 11:57:06 AM
anomalies... i heard someone on that broadcast say, "anyone with two eyes and a brain can see i'm right and that this was an inside job."  are you referring to him?

I don't remember that quote.  Niels Harrit said that he watched the fall of Building 7 with his mouth wide open, and then watch it again and again, several times, before he realized it was most likely a controlled demolition, but I don't recall him ever saying "anyone with two eyes and a brain can see i'm right and that this was an inside job."  Maybe Richard Gage did? 

Prof. Harrit later had someone familiar with controlled demolitions look at Building 7's collapse and that professional demolition expert agreed with him.  He also decided to go there to examine the rubble, and that's when he and his colleagues found the nano-thermite, which is what their paper is about.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you about your avatar.  Looks familiar.  Who is that?  Thanks.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anomalies on October 09, 2010, 02:04:49 PM
Anyway, I wanted to ask you about your avatar.  Looks familiar.  Who is that?  Thanks.
it was syd barrett of pink floyd... until i changed it to the noory commodity center.

MV/Liberace!

I don't remember that quote.  Niels Harrit said that he watched the fall of Building 7 with his mouth wide open, and then watch it again and again, several times, before he realized it was most likely a controlled demolition, but I don't recall him ever saying "anyone with two eyes and a brain can see i'm right and that this was an inside job."  Maybe Richard Gage did? 
i think the guy was from denmark.

anomalies

Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
it was syd barrett of pink floyd... until i changed it to the noory commodity center.

Ah, thanks.  It was really bothering me.  Ha.

anomalies

Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 09:07:15 PM

Yes, he is.  Danes = people from Denmark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark)

valdez

Three things I learned listening to Ian tonight.  1) Those Chilean miners are 2,000 feet below the earth.  Normally that would not mean anything to me, but Ian said it was the equivalent to a 20 story building.  Oh.  OK.  Yeah.  That's kind of deep. 2) The New York station that carries c2c does not carry the weekend edition.  You'd think George would have mentioned it considering the big fuss he made about getting back on the air in the Big Apple.  Maybe he doesn't care.   3) Hitler was a vegetarian.  With all the books I've read, documentaries I've seen, comic books I've stolen, and just kind of basically believing I was somewhat informed, I had never heard of this, and although I can't quite put my finger on why, there's something very odd about it.

EvB

Quote from: valdez on October 10, 2010, 05:47:58 AM
    Hitler was a vegetarian.  With all the books I've read, documentaries I've seen, comic books I've stolen, and just kind of basically believing I was somewhat informed, I had never heard of this, and although I can't quite put my finger on why, there's something very odd about it.

Could it be because many vegetarians today talk about a commitment to the planet and to animals - kindness etc . . . and in Hitler's time it was more about personal health, and in some esoteric circles (Hitler WAS interested in all of that) personal enlightenment?

IOW:  Hitler could have avoided animal foods for his own sake, not for the sake of the planet or for concern over critters.

b_dubb

Quote from: valdez on October 10, 2010, 05:47:58 AM
3) Hitler was a vegetarian

Hitler was also a conservationist.  An animal lover.  And ... well ... Hitler.  But let's not play guilt by association.  Because then I'd be Hitler just because I love dogs and I care about mitigating the amount of damage I do to the environment.  Not that it matters after BP spilled millions of gallons of oil and then dumps almost as much "dispersants" to make that ugly black stuff disappear.  But I digress ...

2000 feet is more like 200 stories, not 20. More than the World Trade Center. It's DEEP!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anomalies on October 09, 2010, 10:50:53 PM
Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 09:07:15 PM

Yes, he is.  Danes = people from Denmark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark)
oh, sorry, i missed where you had already mentioned that.

valdez

Soft spoken and steady, with Ian guiding him at an almost perfect pace, Gary Jansen, author of "Holy Ghost", recounted the story of his haunted home, the strange sensations, the battery operated toys in his son's bedroom that would all stop operating, the footsteps, the doorbell ringing the dead of night, the shadow person.  Finally he made the call to a spiritualist.  She knew things about him that she could not have known, she sensed a ghost on the first floor of his home, an elderly lady, "she doesn't worry me", she said.  "But there's another one...younger...he's been there about a year...he's standing behind you right now."  Yipes.
     George can claim that his shows are classic, but it don't make it so.  Years from now, when the "classic" shows of this c2c era are replayed, many of them, if not all (maybe not all, I'm sure George has pulled a decent show out of his butt, and, yeah, Knapp ain't no slouch either, and I'm sure Art's got a few left in him too, man, I sure am backtracking here) will be Ian's.
     But not that show he did a few weeks back about "waves", as in ocean waves.  Huh?  That's like doing a show about "wind."     

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on October 11, 2010, 12:45:29 PM
     Soft spoken and steady, with Ian guiding him at an almost perfect pace, Gary Jansen, author of "Holy Ghost", recounted the story of his haunted home, the strange sensations, the battery operated toys in his son's bedroom that would all stop operating, the footsteps, the doorbell ringing the dead of night, the shadow person.  Finally he made the call to a spiritualist.  She knew things about him that she could not have known, she sensed a ghost on the first floor of his home, an elderly lady, "she doesn't worry me", she said.  "But there's another one...younger...he's been there about a year...he's standing behind you right now."  Yipes.
can someone post a copy of this show?  i wanna hear!!

anomalies

Tonight, Ian has a tabloid journalist on.  What next?

He is just awful.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anomalies on October 23, 2010, 11:36:38 PM

He is just awful.
what are they talking about?

punkinpie

He is just awful.

Ha ha!  Everything you guys hate I love.  I found that interview fascinating.  The National Enquirer has been a staple for me since I learned how to read.  I remember saving up my allowance to buy them.  I can kick anyone's ass on celebrity trivia.  :)

I would read that guy's book.  Who knew that it was a mob racket? 

Marc.Knight

He is just awful.

That is Ian's style... conversational investigation, and exposition of formerly esoteric topics.

b_dubb

He is just awful.

i thought this was interesting.  who knew the National Enquirer had such a colorful backstory

ringthane

Quote from: Marc Knight on October 24, 2010, 06:56:10 PM

He is just awful.

That is Ian's style... conversational investigation, and exposition of formerly esoteric topics.

I think that's a perfect way to describe Ian. He can really dig deep and ask some interesting questions form oblique angles. Unfortunately, Ian quite often doesn't know when to STFU.

It's also interesting that Ian, with his seminary background, usually destroys people that call-in with a pro-religion/denominational/scriptural view that's uninformed, ie, a caller on his last show that tried to tie in tribulation/end times with Dec 21, 2012. Ian's knowledge of comparative religion is very solid.

With that said, I'll reiterate -- he needs to learn when to STFU. On the flip side of the coin is a mindless bobblehead host that spouts "absolutely" and "could it be a portal?" every 93.8 seconds.

b_dubb

Quote from: ringthane on October 25, 2010, 03:53:19 PM
It's also interesting that Ian, with his seminary background, usually destroys people that call-in with a pro-religion/denominational/scriptural view that's uninformed, ie, a caller on his last show that tried to tie in tribulation/end times with Dec 21, 2012. Ian's knowledge of comparative religion is very solid.

i like the fact that Ian will ask people to ask  WHY they're predicting whatever they're droning on about.  under even simple scrutiny the scenarios just fall apart. and frankly it seems like EVERYONE is predicting the end of the world these days and its getting pretty damn old. 

people need to medicate (drink/drugs/prescriptions) more and just learn to have a good time. 

Bill Hicks- Great Times On Drugs

b_dubb

Bill rules.  i was listening to Arizona Bay during the second Persian Gulf invasion and it was (eerily) still relevant.  almost literally.  President Bush.  Saddam. Iraq.  War.  but Bill was dead.  which makes me think of another bit that he did ....

Bill Hicks on Ronald Reagan

valdez

Bush hater and diabolical liar Russ Baker tearing apart the former president as it has become so fashionable to do so these days, and for the past ten years.  Ian quickly redeems himself with his second guest Thaddeus Russell, author of A Renegade History of the United States.  Ben Franklin was a nudist.  FDR a fascist.  Slaves were freer than non slaves.  Progressives were evil.  The greatest generation not exactly.  Interesting stuff.  Good show. 

b_dubb

Quote from: valdez on November 07, 2010, 05:37:36 AM
     Bush hater and diabolical liar Russ Baker tearing apart the former president as it has become so fashionable to do so these days, and for the past ten years.

i don't think 'fashion' enters into it

I agree that Saturday night's interview with Thadeus Russell was very engaging...but did anyone else catch Ian's extremely slow on the uptick and embarrassing overreaction to the eugenics apologist caller with the majority blacks in the NFL argument? Ian's "I don't know what you re talking about" politically correct protesting too much was cringeworthy enough but his over the top laughter when a subsequent caller explained the "brothers" comment (referred to the Manning brothers...not African American 'brothers') just added to the awkwardness of the whole thing as far as i was concerned.  So basically in Punnett, we have a know-it-all who can't admit when he's dumb and a dummy (GN) who thinks he knows it all. Oy Vay.

punkinpie

That's quite a picture that you've got there, MV.  Is he wearing a diaper? 

ringthane

Quote from: conscious comic on November 08, 2010, 10:27:02 AM
I agree that Saturday night's interview with Thadeus Russell was very engaging...but did anyone else catch Ian's extremely slow on the uptick and embarrassing overreaction to the eugenics apologist caller with the majority blacks in the NFL argument? Ian's "I don't know what you re talking about" politically correct protesting too much was cringeworthy enough but his over the top laughter when a subsequent caller explained the "brothers" comment (referred to the Manning brothers...not African American 'brothers') just added to the awkwardness of the whole thing as far as i was concerned.  So basically in Punnett, we have a know-it-all who can't admit when he's dumb and a dummy (GN) who thinks he knows it all. Oy Vay.

I was only half-listening during this 5 minute stretch and could tell I missed something. Thanks for the breakdown.