• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

McPhallus

Quote from: nofAcedAgent on November 06, 2013, 03:57:09 PM
Are we losing the ability absorb and digest information with any sense of rationale? Are you fucking people real?

I will remain, listening quietly in the back. Hope you return sooner, than later Art.

I don't know that anything has really changed; it's just that the Internet allows people's raw thoughts to shine through without the layers of socialization and with little or no accountability.

I don't blame you for sitting on the sidelines.  There have been times when I've found it too much as well.

shell88

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:24:31 PM
Hey Art!... Eat A Dick!  ;D

I'm like 15 pages behind. This thread is going to be huuuuuuuge.
Never mind worrying that your 15 pages behind, your approximately 400 lifetimes behind.

Kaliopea

There are some people, like me who live in remote areas and only have XM for radio because no other stations come in.

We just lost a WHOLE CHANNEL - 246 where Clyde Lewis and C2C were on.  At least we had Bell for some kind of stimulating talk radio.

Bell has NEVER been loyal to his fans, never.

He doesn't give a shit if we were looking forward to Hancock or not.

As much as I can't stand Noory's dumbing down, idiot interviewing, as least he shows up.  That's why everyone was relieved when he came on.  No more reruns night after night after night after night..

Ravenna

Quote from: DesertFox on November 06, 2013, 02:40:33 PM

Yes I answered you already--I've always said it could take 2 years(for the 5th time overall).

Apologies, DesertFox.  I'm having a wee bit of a hard time keeping up with this board lately, and I sometimes miss messages that I should have paid attention to.  Hope I didn't annoy you too much.  :(

Ravenna

Quote from: dortmunder on November 06, 2013, 02:36:48 PM
Nah, as soon as Mercury goes direct again, all will be fine. This one's a doozy, I have to admit.

Oh, wow.... is Mercury doing the Retrograde Thang right now?  That would explain quite a lot (but not all of it).

Kaliopea

And furthermore Art thinks so goddamned much of himself, he thinks reruns are ok?

We are smart enough to get it the first time around.

Screw him.  All he's ever done is screw his audiences over and over.

Foodlion

The last two days have been a freak show.
Wake me up when the shows ova.

saucerlike

ITT there have been some ugly comments, but still not up to par with the GNS thread.  Like someone many pages ago said, if people didn't care there would not be a 100+ page shitstorm under way, they'd be indifferent and out of here.

Ravenna

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
Jesus CHRIST!!!   >:( >:(

I'm going to need some FUCKING blood pressure medicine by the end of the fucking evening over this shit, I swear to you.

I went to bed last night with that terrible message from Art on my head and Noory on the podcast with all my pals and it SUCKED. I sent Art a heartfelt message via email and now I'm fuckin embarrassed. Oh well.

I need a fucking mylanta. Or some crystals to tape on my face. Black salt SOMETHING, FUCK!

I actually bought a pint of Chivas last night, for the first time in ages.  I find sipping it slowly (mixed with club soda and MANY rocks) calms my nerves rather nicely.  Have to pace yourself though.

Foodlion

Quote from: Kaliopea on November 06, 2013, 04:23:20 PM
And furthermore Art thinks so goddamned much of himself, he thinks reruns are ok?

We are smart enough to get it the first time around.

Screw him.  All he's ever done is screw his audiences over and over.
Clyde Lewis's new shows can still be heard on youtube. Go for it.

tprainbow

Hey guys...question...is it more effective to PM art here or to email him? Snark aside people... if its easier to email him can someone send me the email? SNARK ASIDE PEOPLE.

Ravenna

Quote from: saucerlike on November 06, 2013, 04:25:52 PM
ITT there have been some ugly comments, but still not up to par with the GNS thread.  Like someone many pages ago said, if people didn't care there would not be a 100+ page shitstorm under way, they'd be indifferent and out of here.

134 pages of posts in two days, to me, shows that people care.  Just some of them have an odd or rather unpleasant way of expressing it than some of the others.  You have to listen for the echo of sadness behind the belligerence:  it's usually there (combined with shock, horror, dismay and a myriad of other emotions, depending upon the person).  A lot of us thought that Art was really back this time:  now, it may not be.  So be it.  Me, I'll just get more reading done.  Won't say I won't miss him, coz I would/will, but I'll get more reading done (not sure which is better for my mind:  probably a toss-up!).

DesertFox

Quote from: Ravenna on November 06, 2013, 04:20:40 PM
Apologies, DesertFox.  I'm having a wee bit of a hard time keeping up with this board lately, and I sometimes miss messages that I should have paid attention to.  Hope I didn't annoy you too much.  :(

Ravenna--no problema!

ourobouros2k2

This thread really is the twilight zone.

Art's willingness to try to explain things and what I believe is a heartfelt apology has eased my mind. That being said...

I vented on here way back, even used some choice expletives. I said what I felt and vented, in the forum to do so, and I won't apologize for that.
I am mystified at the personal attacks though, man some of those were brutal.

I hope he returns. I am still in shock about the whole thing, but I hope some incarnation of the show that returns. If this is really it then that is sad.

So I will hold on to a small shred of optimism and hope that I am not a fool for doing so.

Foodlion

Quote from: tprainbow on November 06, 2013, 04:33:21 PM
Hey guys...question...is it more effective to PM art here or to email him? Snark aside people... if its easier to email him can someone send me the email? SNARK ASIDE PEOPLE.
I think your chances are just as good here as any.

Kaliopea

Quote from: jblank on November 06, 2013, 04:37:18 PM
Sorry the truth hurts, but in any event.

Oh Pulleeese, like that would make a difference?  LMAO

IcicleTrepan

I've got one idea for how Art can improve the show (or any future show)..  Most smartphones these days allow you to use Skype on them.  So if they must use a cell phone they could still use the Skype app on that cell phone and get a much better call quality while still being mobile.

sherry440

Sure,Philosopher...I do have plenty of music, if I had time to upload before students. How about I just take us out with some jazz tunes like " what Kind of Fool Am I?" Or " there Will Never Be Another You"

Nighthawk

That sure is interesting to hear Opie and Anthony agree with the problems Art is having. They always have said they want to leave. I guess Art was just the first to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlygtPXJR8#t=312

Ravenna

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on November 06, 2013, 02:45:44 PM
http://www.groundzeromedia.org/115-surveillance-role-playing/
soooo, in the meantime. clyde lewis got his show deleted from XM after art came back. not sure if there is any correlation. clyde has been underfed for years in radio. yeah, some say lean and mean. whatever you call it... for my money, which is none... anyone who listens to noory instead of clyde is missing out.
just read this ONE article posted above, for his show tonight.
he writes an article every day to go with his show.
even though the article I have posted here is startling and so informative... it's really just what he does five days a week for five hours.
anyone who says clyde lewis doesn't rock the airwaves doesn't get it.
so, XM could have at least put clydes show back on, because last night when my internet went down I would have something to listen to.
clyde and art will meet in heaven and shoot the shit. noory will spend eternity in that bland purgatory he created for millions of listeners, year after year after year;)

I listen to Clyde, too.  He's different from Art (noooo!!!!), but he's interesting and one of the most genuine minds in late night radio.   Very into the paranormal, and actually does some of his own ghost investigating, which I admire.  I stream his show through Tunein.com (KXL out of Portland, OR streams all five hours of his show; other stations do not stream the whole five hours, so if you're listening online, listen to KXL, is my advice).

His show was dropped from Sirius/XM at the same time as they dropped c2c, coz Clyde's show is part of that same Clear Channel package.  His show, Ground Zero, is aired in the 2-3 hours before c2c comes on in many markets.  Check the Affiliates list on the Ground Zero website.

If Sirius and Art don't reach an agreement, I'd love to see Ground Zero back on Sirius.  However, since Sirius no longer wishes to deal with Clear Channel, who distributes Clyde's show, this will be impossible.  Too bad.

DesertFox

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on November 06, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

Art's willingness to try to explain things and what I believe is a heartfelt apology has eased my mind. That being said...

I vented on here way back, even used some choice expletives. I said what I felt and vented, in the forum to do so, and I won't apologize for that.

I hope he returns. I am still in shock about the whole thing, but I hope some incarnation of the show that returns. If this is really it then that is sad.

So I will hold on to a small shred of optimism and hope that I am not a fool for doing so.

Unfortunately there always a few fringe hater dicks all over the web and they just love to spread the crap.  There is a big difference between the genuinely pissed and those who are just a-holes.

Kaliopea

Quote from: Ravenna on November 06, 2013, 04:38:19 PM
134 pages of posts in two days, to me, shows that people care.  Just some of them have an odd or rather unpleasant way of expressing it than some of the others.  You have to listen for the echo of sadness behind the belligerence:  it's usually there (combined with shock, horror, dismay and a myriad of other emotions, depending upon the person).  A lot of us thought that Art was really back this time:  now, it may not be.  So be it.  Me, I'll just get more reading done.  Won't say I won't miss him, coz I would/will, but I'll get more reading done (not sure which is better for my mind:  probably a toss-up!).

We CARE about having good radio.  Otherwise we care about him as much as he cares about us.

Caring for narcissists nevah works, lol.

jblank

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on November 06, 2013, 04:40:21 PM

Eh, optimism isn't a foolish trait, you're fine to hope the show comes back, but he's burned a lot of bridges in his life and Sirius/XM is just the latest. I've got an uncle that has been married four times and been divorced four times and every single time he has gotten divorced, it's the fault of the (former) wife. Now, sure, maybe there is some cosmic alignment that has made him have four bad women, but after so many divorces, we all kind of think it's more him, than them. Art is the same way, it's always the fault of someone else, never his doing, never him the one that made the mistake, but he never learns, he won't "go along to get along" and try to enact slow change. He's more of the blowing up the house to redo the bathroom kind of a guy.

analog kid

That George interview clip has gone viral with Art and Coast listeners.

jblank

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 06, 2013, 04:41:47 PM
I've got one idea for how Art can improve the show (or any future show)..  Most smartphones these days allow you to use Skype on them.  So if they must use a cell phone they could still use the Skype app on that cell phone and get a much better call quality while still being mobile.

Let me let you in on a secret. (whispers) Cell phones aren't the reason he quit, he just used that as one of the excuses.

McPhallus

Quote from: tprainbow on November 06, 2013, 04:33:21 PM

He gets a gazillion e-mails and probably even more than that now.  Whereas here, I'm sure he gets relatively fewer PMs.

Ravenna

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 02:54:06 PM
There have been some posts asking whether the name of the forum should be changed.   If so, these are submitted for consideration:

shitspamtrollpit.com â€" â,,¢ziznak

sewerpipe.com â€" â,,¢Art Bell

lordoftheflies.com - ©W. Golding

Funny.  And I've never heard the term "sewerpipe" used as a euphemism for suicide before.  Thanks for that, Art.  Another little nugget you've added to the trivia in my brain.