• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

widespread1

I seriously think that a good portion of participants in this forum are unstable. It is almost a very fascinating experiment to have Art say he quits and watch everyone who has all of their eggs in one basket lose their mind over it.
People in this forum are some of the meanest and thoughtless people I have ever come across and it seems like they dont even realize it. Its like oh yes this is completley rational behavior to cyberbully at least one person per day to the point of anxiety. Ill admit that I got caught up in this before and beat a dead horse on a subject but since then I have noticed that I was indeed rational and that this behavior is a common occurence around here. It seriously could have been a place for Art to come converse with his fans about his descision but a civil conversation gets drowned out by lunatics no matter what them subject is. I am afraid that it might be beyond hope for this forum. I cant imagine that asking everyone to show a little restraint is going to work.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
Jesus CHRIST!!!   >:( >:(

I'm going to need some FUCKING blood pressure medicine by the end of the fucking evening over this shit, I swear to you.

I went to bed last night with that terrible message from Art on my head and Noory on the podcast with all my pals and it SUCKED. I sent Art a heartfelt message via email and now I'm fuckin embarrassed. Oh well.

I need a fucking mylanta. Or some crystals to tape on my face. Black salt SOMETHING, FUCK!

Coz

Quote from: widespread1 on November 06, 2013, 10:10:39 AM
I seriously think that a good portion of participants in this forum are unstable. It is almost a very fascinating experiment to have Art say he quits and watch everyone who has all of their eggs in one basket lose their mind over it.
People in this forum are some of the meanest and thoughtless people I have ever come across and it seems like they dont even realize it. Its like oh yes this is completley rational behavior to cyberbully at least one person per day to the point of anxiety. Ill admit that I got caught up in this before and beat a dead horse on a subject but since then I have noticed that I was indeed rational and that this behavior is a common occurence around here. It seriously could have been a place for Art to come converse with his fans about his descision but a civil conversation gets drowned out by lunatics no matter what them subject is. I am afraid that it might be beyond hope forum. I cant imagine that asking everyone to show a little restraint is going to work.

As a note: asking people to use paragraphs and avoid the use of the word "I" repetitively doesn't work either.

It's really not that Sirius!

Marc.Knight

People in this forum are some of the meanest and thoughtless people I have ever come across and it seems like they dont even realize it. Its like oh yes this is completley rational behavior to cyberbully at least one person per day to the point of anxiety. Ill admit that I got caught up in this before and beat a dead horse on a subject but since then I have noticed that I was indeed rational and that this behavior is a common occurence around here. It seriously could have been a place for Art to come converse with his fans about his descision but a civil conversation gets drowned out by lunatics no matter what them subject is. I am afraid that it might be beyond hope for this forum. I cant imagine that asking everyone to show a little restraint is going to work.

It is an open forum so anyone can contribute until they break the TOS.  Other forums that decided to have a "closed" membership died a quick and painful death.  Some people go nuts, you're doing the right thing by voicing your opinion about that.

Uncle Duke

Let's all join hands and sing KUMBAYA

aldousburbank

Widespread. So sensible. I have a harness and collar that fits a small pit bull. You can borrow it if you think that would be restraint enough.

bradtech

I don't know how many of you called to cancel. Sirius seemed desperate to keep me and give me free months to stick around. I don't know if Art knows this or not. To me it seems if his base was having issues. All they had to do is call in and tell them they are done. The Sirius rep started off with two months free. I balked, and said no thanks.  Then he gave me three months and I thought maybe Art would patch it up and be back in if Sirius and Art reach a deal.  I am one of the people which never had any streaming issues. 95% of the time I just used my iPhone with the SiriusXM app.

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
Jesus CHRIST!!!   >:( >:(

I'm going to need some FUCKING blood pressure medicine by the end of the fucking evening over this shit, I swear to you.

I went to bed last night with that terrible message from Art on my head and Noory on the podcast with all my pals and it SUCKED. I sent Art a heartfelt message via email and now I'm fuckin embarrassed. Oh well.

I need a fucking mylanta. Or some crystals to tape on my face. Black salt SOMETHING, FUCK!
Dude, Huuuuuuu!

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 10:06:43 AM
got a primary source for that?

Hoagie ..........will not be down for breakfast folks.

Are you an ass or do you just play one on BellGab? I didn't always agree with the conclusions Richard jumped to, but if he has passed, I don't think he deserves the guffaw treatment.

midnight

Actually, I think this whole message board is probably a social experiement.  We're probably all part of a research project researching archetypes or something.  That would be okay.  I'm into furthering scientific knowledge.  8)

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 06, 2013, 10:20:00 AM
Widespread. So sensible. I have a harness and collar that fits a small pit bull. You can borrow it if you think that would be restraint enough.
I think maybe it is to the point of needing a firehose.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:22:08 AM
Are you an ass or do you just play one on BellGab? I didn't always agree with the conclusions Richard jumped to, but if he has passed, I don't think he deserves the guffaw treatment.

He's alive and well.  This is just a hoax about Hoaxland.

Surmo

I just finished reading pages and pages of shit. That's what it is, shit.  Elitist commentators wanting to display their witty repertoire and ability to slice and dice Art Bell, his decision, his life, his wife and late wife, and everything and anything else.  Many of these people are obvious trolls, signed up in the last two days.  But just as many are those who turned on a dime against Art, both after AND before the "decision," ignoring what Art has given us over the years.

Look, I'm one of those people who shelled out hard money to Sirius, bought a radio, the whole nine yards.  And I am pissed.  And I have felt many of the same feelings being expressed.  But not every feeling should be expressed just because you have it.  Do I tell my dad or best friend, when he makes a bonehead move, that he's a psychopath, a sociopath, or whatever else I care to scrounge up as an insult? Even when the decision directly impacts me?  No, I discuss, conjole and confront even, but I don't resort to the types of things being posted.

Yes, its a free nation (well, I am losing control of my healthcare, and my privacy, so its not quite so free), and we can say what we want.  And by daring to type this I am sure I will receive my own share of derision.  There are posters here who take great pride in driving others from participating in this forum, the same type who want to attack Art nastily and hope he gets to read it.  Those people will not change, and I'm not trying to.  But the rest of you people, show a little restraint.  It seems a number of long-time members are dropping off this page, not visiting as often, or are also generally disgusted with what is going on.  And being replaced by trolls, or wanna be trolls who are long-time posters on this site.

PS: And can anyone really say Snoory wasnt lying through his teeth in his recent call to MV and company?  Anyone who gives Snoory a favorable review without acknowledging it was a convenient fabrication to fit events is an obvious CTC troll.  Was he smooth (relatively) and slick?  Yes.  But so are a lot of politicians, and I don't believe them either.

aldousburbank

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 10:22:12 AM
Actually, I think this whole message board is probably a social experiement.  We're probably all part of a research project researching archetypes or something.  That would be okay.  I'm into furthering scientific knowledge.  8)
...and stuff.

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 10:08:46 AM
oh I guess he died again. ::)

Because people dying is so funny. Never mind answering my question, you are an ass.

Jackstar

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 10:22:12 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegelian_dialectic

all one hundred and twenty-five pages of this thread delivers

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Surmo on November 06, 2013, 10:24:51 AM
I just finished reading pages and pages of shit. That's what it is, shit.  Elitist commentators wanting to display their witty repertoire and ability to slice and dice Art Bell, his decision, his life, his wife and late wife, and everything and anything else.  Many of these people are obvious trolls, signed up in the last two days.  But just as many are those who turned on a dime against Art, both after AND before the "decision," ignoring what Art has given us over the years.

Look, I'm one of those people who shelled out hard money to Sirius, bought a radio, the whole nine yards.  And I am pissed.  And I have felt many of the same feelings being expressed.  But not every feeling should be expressed just because you have it.  Do I tell my dad or best friend, when he makes a bonehead move, that he's a psychopath, a sociopath, or whatever else I care to scrounge up as an insult? Even when the decision directly impacts me?  No, I discuss, conjole and confront even, but I don't resort to the types of things being posted.

Yes, its a free nation (well, I am losing control of my healthcare, and my privacy, so its not quite so free), and we can say what we want.  And by daring to type this I am sure I will receive my own share of derision.  There are posters here who take great pride in driving others from participating in this forum, the same type who want to attack Art nastily and hope he gets to read it.  Those people will not change, and I'm not trying to.  But the rest of you people, show a little restraint.  It seems a number of long-time members are dropping off this page, not visiting as often, or are also generally disgusted with what is going on.  And being replaced by trolls, or wanna be trolls who are long-time posters on this site.

PS: And can anyone really say Snoory wasnt lying through his teeth in his recent call to MV and company?  Anyone who gives Snoory a favorable review without acknowledging it was a convenient fabrication to fit events is an obvious CTC troll.  Was he smooth (relatively) and slick?  Yes.  But so are a lot of politicians, and I don't believe them either.

Whether he meant it or not, Noodles seemed opportunistic and in a hurry to jump and dance on the Dark Matter grave before the ground had even settled.  He needs to watch out because the purported Dark Matter corpse might just rise up out of the grave and give him a big, dirty kiss on the lips.

Wow pleasant surprise I wake up and sanity is restored at bellgab.

I think people were just really shocked at the abrupt in.

Ah, more melodrama -- the breakfast of champions. If Art were interested in a "civil conversation," he wouldn't have dropped the bomb on Facebook and then deactivate his account a short time later.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 10:29:33 AM
Wow pleasant surprise I wake up and sanity is restored at bellgab.

I think people were just really shocked at the abrupt in.

You got it.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 06, 2013, 10:19:43 AM
Let's all join hands and sing KUMBAYA

Someone's cryin' my lord, kumbaya.

jblank

Quote from: bradtech on November 06, 2013, 10:20:11 AM
I don't know how many of you called to cancel. Sirius seemed desperate to keep me and give me free months to stick around. I don't know if Art knows this or not. To me it seems if his base was having issues. All they had to do is call in and tell them they are done. The Sirius rep started off with two months free. I balked, and said no thanks.  Then he gave me three months and I thought maybe Art would patch it up and be back in if Sirius and Art reach a deal.  I am one of the people which never had any streaming issues. 95% of the time I just used my iPhone with the SiriusXM app.

Been there, done that. Sirius XM is similar to AOL in the cancelation process, which is basically the Hotel California policy: you can cancel any time you like, but you can never leave.

Marc.Knight

Dark Matter will return... maybe... possibly...the 5th Sunday after Planet X eclipses Pluto...

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 10:36:35 AM
Dark Matter will return... maybe... possibly...the 5th Sunday after Planet X eclipses Pluto...

[attachimg=1]

Or back on this Monday.

DanTSX

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:22:08 AM

You are being culturally insensitive.

We deal with a lot of death in this part of the world, so that is the polite way to say it.

midnight

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 10:34:39 AM
Been there, done that. Sirius XM is similar to AOL in the cancelation process, which is basically the Hotel California policy: you can cancel any time you like, but you can never leave.

Hotel California---you mean like where all the Art Bell fans live?

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 10:35:10 AM
Maybe in a different deminsion it was richard c with Nelson Mandela.

Mandela is a freak.  He is somehow still alive.

No Uhuru yet