• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: indigoo on November 06, 2013, 03:27:44 PM
You're obnoxious at this point. You've said that so many times. Time to move on.

I agree.  No objective is being met with "dick eating" references other than to debase the forum itself.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 03:30:43 PM

I agree.  No objective is being met with "dick eating" references other than to debase the forum itself.

Unless it's describing Richard C Hoagland at supper.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM

I stand corrected.

reese_3616

Quote from: Philosopher on November 06, 2013, 03:24:09 PM

I kinda like boilingpitofsewage.net in honor of JC.

I'll second that ... appropriate for the current state of things

maureen

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 06, 2013, 03:13:14 PM
Okay, if I can go a bit George Carlin-esque here, doesn't the letter 'a' in front of a word sort of suggest "an absence of" as in atypical, asexual, etc.?  So if I have "aplomb", does that mean I am without "plomb"? 

And if one is "disgruntled", does that mean that someone can perhaps be "regruntled"?
One could be totally gruntled with Art anytime, anywhere!!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: reese_3616 on November 06, 2013, 03:33:25 PM

Yes, we'll make it an equal opportunity boiling pit of sewage.  Anyone can jump in for a swim.

lonevoice

Quote from: reese_3616 on November 06, 2013, 03:33:25 PM

I could persuaded to vote for Eddie Coyle's suggestion:  giantboxofpoo.org

coaster

I've lost track of the thread. Any news on Art?

dortmunder

Quote from: coaster on November 06, 2013, 03:39:31 PM
I've lost track of the thread. Any news on Art?

I don't think so other than what he posted last night.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 03:38:35 PM

I'll draw the mascot in my head.

After dinner of course.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 03:38:35 PM

That's too PC for my tastes.  Boiling pit of sewage gets to the point.  No guesswork

jblank

People are angry, let them be angry. I haven't read any "pure hate" here, I've seen people that are really pissed at what Art has done because he's done this too many times before. Pure hate would be a threat of real violence, which I haven't seen directed his way.

grano salis

Quote from: Stan_Holeman on November 06, 2013, 02:30:37 PM
What Art Should Do.

1. Return to Dark Matter on Sirius/XM.

2. Apologize for making a selfish decision that screwed everyone over.

3. Apologize for blaming it on streaming.

4. Commit to doing the show for his contract.

5. Thank all his fans for sticking with him all these years.

OR if there is a bigger, legitimate, reason why he can't continue the show.

1. Return to Dark Matter on Sirius/XM for one show.

2. Apologize for choosing a pay service which required his fans to spend money.

3. Apologize for the nonsense excuse about streaming.

4. Stop bullshitting and--honestly--tell us why he's not continuing.

What he'll probably do:

1. Not go back on the air.

2. Continue to post innocuous little posts on niche fan boards that defend his actions.

3. Update his website every other month with cryptic messages that mean nothing.

Art is channeling his inner "Jack Paar quits the Tonight Show" moment.  It just wouldn't be the same, even if he came back, in my opinion.

HumanBeing

Quote from: shell88 on November 06, 2013, 12:18:01 PM
Well people. Many of you have bones to pick, do remember that having a backbone yourself is essential for being able to pick em, and essential for picking up the phone and sending messages.  Please contact siriusxm and encourage them to work with Art or you will indeed cancel their product.

I don't plan on supporting Art via patronizing his sponsors ever again. It is just too soon for me to even consider ever showing my appreciation for Art in that way ever again.

But I will always continue to listen wherever he goes. I just like to call it how I see it.
I'm willing to admit I am wrong, but I see no proof otherwise. So I'm upset and don't feel that is unusual at all... So I'll bitch about Art for as long as I feel that way. Nothing better than to freely express my opinion on a matter that I feel so strongly about and have invested so much of me into.

He messed this shit up big time and became a coward. Screwing over his loyal listeners who were even slighted and under appreciated by Art when he basically came right out and said that his current base of listeners were not good enough for the show to continue... and it would not be viable if things did not change.. what change? Oh just free streaming.

Did Art just suddenly forget and have a brain-cramp that he forgot that he signed with SiriusXM - a paid subscriber based service? haha Shiiiatttt. Later Art says he quit mainly due to one criticism of the Spooky Matter show. Really????? hahah Wow. C'mon dude.

So which one is it Art?? the alleged poor streaming service of SiriusXM??... or the one criticism you received about the Spooky Matter show that caused you call it quits.
Would the real Art Bell please stand up?

Marc.Knight

I had a dream last night that a new announcement on Artbell.com said that George Noory was taking over Dark Matter, and to hold on to your satellite receivers.  Lately, fact has been stranger than fiction, or in this case, a dream.  So you never know.

sherry440

Boilingpitofsewage.com has my vote, or the sewerpipe. JBlank you make sense, as do so many others. Although I rarely have come here in the past 5 years, it has been my solace the past few days. Like so many others, I can't sleep, one singularly bright ray to look forward to is now gone.

Jim Harold is a great interviewer with lousy guests.
Dave Schrader has great guests, but talks too much.
Art is & was da man.

I fear he's done, and he probably already regrets it.  Again, think of what this models for Asia.

lonevoice

Quote from: jblank on November 06, 2013, 03:41:42 PM
People are angry, let them be angry. I haven't read any "pure hate" here, I've seen people that are really pissed at what Art has done because he's done this too many times before. Pure hate would be a threat of real violence, which I haven't seen directed his way.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: sherry440 on November 06, 2013, 03:44:47 PM
Boilingpitofsewage.com has my vote, or the sewerpipe. JBlank you make sense, as do so many others. Although I rarely have come here in the past 5 years, it has been my solace the past few days. Like so many others, I can't sleep, one singularly bright ray to look forward to is now gone.

Jim Harold is a great interviewer with lousy guests.
Dave Schrader has great guests, but talks too much.
Art is & was da man.

I fear he's done, and he probably already regrets it.  Again, think of what this models for Asia.

You and I think alike.  I completely agree with you about this.  Hey - soothe our aching hearts with a little mp3 piano music.  Do you have anything you could upload?

burroughs

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 06, 2013, 03:43:40 PM

Did Art just suddenly forget and have a brain-cramp that he forgot that he signed with SiriusXM - a paid subscriber based service? haha Shiiiatttt. Later Art says he quit mainly due to one criticism of the Spooky Matter show. Really????? hahah Wow. C'mon dude.

I'll admit, that's the part that baffles me the most...people complaining about free streaming. That's not what SiriusXM does...and, I think the subscription based services are a great path for content creators. If what Art wanted was to just have fun and make a show people could get free he could have very easily started a podcast. I hope Sirius continues with a paranormal talk format, but I don't see it being helmed by Art.

nofAcedAgent

Well, I've made it through all the posts in the thread.

I'm always astonished and fascinated at the apparent impact the internet has had on the human psyche. This new breed of alter-internet personas who will argue with passion and absolute belief about something, only to turn their entire ideology around the instant a wrench is thrown in the gears is baffling and a frightening prospect for generations to come.

Are we losing the ability absorb and digest information with any sense of rationale? Are you fucking people real?

I will remain, listening quietly in the back. Hope you return sooner, than later Art.

DanTSX

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM

Have you no respect for the dead?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: nofAcedAgent on November 06, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Jeesh, you must be looking for mental punishment. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 03:58:04 PM

Are you asking about Hoaxland or the supper?

phrodo

I have no respect for you - you're dead to me.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: phrodo on November 06, 2013, 04:01:59 PM
I have no respect for you - you're dead to me.

Sounds like the beginning of a Zombie theme in this thread.

Eddie Coyle

Their early work 1967-74, not crazy about the Arista years.

jblank

Quote from: nofAcedAgent on November 06, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

I'm always astonished and fascinated at the apparent impact the internet has had on the human psyche. This new breed of alter-internet personas who will argue with passion and absolute belief about something, only to turn their entire ideology around the instant a wrench is thrown in the gears is baffling and a frightening prospect for generations to come.

Are we losing the ability absorb and digest information with any sense of rational? Are you fucking people real?

I will remain, listening quietly in the back. Hope you return sooner, than later Art.

I'll attempt an answer.

When it comes to favorite shows, movies, what have you, anything where people get an emotional investment, it impacts them when something out of the blue happens and takes that away. In here, we've seen people that are probably quite rational, lose all sense of moral correctness, by blaming Sirius, for the situation we're all talking about. Now, these people in their lives are probably decent folks that are able to make good decisions, but in this case, because they are emotionally invested, they have lost the ability to see that this is almost 100% the fault of Mr. Arthur William Bell, III. They are ignoring his constant demanding of his new employer, POST signing of a contract. They are ignoring that Art has a history of selfish and childish behavior, willing to cast off his show and listeners, seemingly on a whim, and ignoring the fact that he was simply unwilling to put forth the effort to build the show.

If he and his show sucked, nobody would care, but the issue here is that he, once again, has given up a good thing, flipped us all the bird, and then made it seem like it was poor Art that is being picked on by that big, bad company. I'm just not interested in buying into the lie anymore.