• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

gandalf50

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 02, 2012, 09:20:42 PM
Not sure where to post this, but this thread seemed as good as any.

This is aimed at astroguy, but any can answer... I found this feature which looks like it is from Mars, but I can't say for sure... any thoughts on where it's from?

[attachimg=1]

That definately looks like it's from Saturn's largest moon,TITan 
Sorry, couldnt resist :P

fysisist

Possibly, but it appears to me to be an inverted Uranus. 

Morgus

Next week's c2c schedule is up now at the c2c website.
Richard Hoagland is scheduled as the main guest for Noory's Sunday show this weekend, he will be the expert for the Mars landing of a new rover robot planned for that night.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on August 03, 2012, 01:57:08 PM
Next week's c2c schedule is up now at the c2c website.
Richard Hoagland is scheduled as the main guest for Noory's Sunday show this weekend, he will be the expert for the Mars landing of a new rover robot planned for that night.

I was going to mention this.  It is going to be ridiculous.  I can't wait to listen, but Hoagland is going to drive me nuts.  I'm sure he'll tell us that he knows what the rover will find...blah...blah...blah.

Oh yeah....I believe Hoagland to be a douche nozzle.  :)

astroguy

Sounds like I know what Expat and I will be blogging about on Monday.  ::)

Harmness

stevesh

Quote from: Morgus on August 03, 2012, 01:57:08 PM

Nice of NASA to schedule the touchdown for 1:31 EDT, giving Simple George and the Douche Nozzle (love that) a half-hour to blow each other before the commentary starts.

Rasputin

I'll be listening tomorrow, and hopefully I can through most or all of it. RCH is sounding more delusional every time he's on.

astroguy

Quote from: Rasputin on August 06, 2012, 05:53:59 PM
I'll be listening tomorrow, and hopefully I can through most or all of it. RCH is sounding more delusional every time he's on.

I'm listening on-and-off now and working on a blog post about it.  It's reasonably tame by his standards until the last 5 minutes of the first hour, though I've just finished the first hour.

astroguy

Took a break working on that post and instead put up a post in response to Mike Bara.  Back to the lunar ziggurat, Bara claims to have shown what an utter buffoon I (and my lap dog Expat) are.  Instead, I demonstrate, without name-calling, that Mike fails to make his points, addresses less than half of mine, and clearly does not understand compression, the JPG file format, image noise, and image detail.  It's a long post, so set it aside to read over lunch.

stevesh

Read it. Great post.

It's always amazed me that contributors to Internet forums and commenters to blog posts don't understand that their ugly personal insults ('faggot', Mike - really ?) diminish their positions rather than enhance them. It really doesn't matter to me if Bara is 'right' about the technical aspects of the images in question (though I suspect he isn't). The fact that his replies to criticism are invariably angry and personally insulting tells me that he is not only a fraud, but knows it, and is defensive as a result.

I can tolerate a C2C guest who honestly believes the nonsense he/she spews. Outright frauds like Bara and Hoagland (and Van Praagh) really piss me off and the C2C producers bear most of the blame for booking them.

Eddie Coyle

For me,everything Bara says becomes dust once he employs the term "haters".

Bosco

Has anyone else ever done a search to find Hoagland's educational background ?

I have and can't seem to find anything listed.

Harmness

Quote from: stevesh on August 07, 2012, 04:01:58 PM

It's always amazed me that contributors to Internet forums and commenters to blog posts don't understand that their ugly personal insults ('faggot', Mike - really ?) diminish their positions rather than enhance them.

That's because you're a doo-doo head.

Harmness

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 07, 2012, 05:04:04 PM

No one over the age of 16 should use that word.

expat

Quote from: Bosco on August 07, 2012, 05:13:54 PM
Nothing beyond high school. Gary Posner wrote that RCH is "self-educated" in science.
http://www.gpposner.com/Hoagland.html

Morgus

Quote from: Bosco on August 07, 2012, 05:13:54 PM

I have and can't seem to find anything listed.
The only job that has been reported is as a museum curator years ago.
Also Noory often asks about Hoagland's role as advisor to Walter Conkrite during some of the Apollo moon missions.

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on August 07, 2012, 07:08:50 PM
The only job that has been reported is as a museum curator years ago.
Also Noory often asks about Hoagland's role as advisor to Walter Conkrite during some of the Apollo moon missions.
Did anybody hear sNoory joshing with douche nozzle the other night?  He(snores) did his little Cronkite impression and told the nozz to get him some water.  He then went on to "relate" with hoaxy about how much of their early careers consisted of mostly go-for work.

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on August 07, 2012, 07:32:26 PM
Did anybody hear sNoory joshing with douche nozzle the other night?  He(snores) did his little Cronkite impression and told the nozz to get him some water.  He then went on to "relate" with hoaxy about how much of their early careers consisted of mostly go-for work.
Hoagland told Noory Cronkite never asked him to run errands like getting water.
But Noory revealed thats why he had to do for years, that kind of explains somethings?

ziznak

Quote from: Morgus on August 07, 2012, 07:56:56 PM
Hoagland told Noory Cronkite never asked him to run errands like getting water.
But Noory revealed thats why he had to do for years, that kind of explains somethings?
Yeah that was funny as hell.  Kinda confirms Snoory is used to being somebody's bitch.

coaster

No matter how easily it is to prove nuts like Hoagland and Bara are wrong, they will continue to be dipshits. Its pretty simple really. They know they are wrong.They know they are liars. But they have made careers out of it. If they were to say "of course we are lying" their crappy books deals and interviews would disappear. Plus they have  fans who are not smart enough to know better, or lack something in their lives which require them to believe in the idiocy that Hoagland and Bara spew. Its a stupid cycle, and as long as Bara and Hoagland continue to get attention, it will never stop. You could argue the fact that they are con artists until you are blue in the face, but it wont matter, because there will always be another coast to coast interview or another shitty book deal to stroke these idiot's egos. Being a stupid fuck pays. Sorry for the rant. I just read Expat's blog and Bara's utter bs "victory" a few minutes ago.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 07, 2012, 05:04:04 PM

A policy I extend to any use of that ridiculous term, as well as to most uses of other de-legitimized and defined-down-to-meaninglessness epithets, such as "racist" and "homophobe", etc.

(Although I do love "doo-doo head".)

Oh, and about the tiresome Cronkite/Hoagland mythologizing, is there the least evidence it has a basis in fact? I was around and very interested and engaged in all our space endeavors from the Mercury program up to the ISS. And I don't recall the name, face or reputation of a high-school diplomate named Richard C. Hoagland. He's certainly bold enough to simply create a "legend" out of whole cloth.

ziznak

I hope he DOES read this thread... and I hope he knows that he has officially been dubbed
"DOUCHE NOZZLE"

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on August 08, 2012, 12:14:23 AM
i wonder if hoagland reads this thread.

That's a definite "No", because his gargantuan ego wouldn't let him read this and not begin a war on these pages, his own site as well as on air.

expat

Quote from: Sardondi on August 07, 2012, 11:12:16 PM
Oh, and about the tiresome Cronkite/Hoagland mythologizing, is there the least evidence it has a basis in fact?
Yes. During his press conference in October 2007 he actually powerpointed his credit as consultant along with Lindy Davis, Charles Friedlander, and G. Harry Stine.

Dwayne Day was at that event (a "press conference" that was not attended by the press) and wrote the funniest piece TSR has ever published. If you read it, don't drink coffee or you'll need a new monitor.

Sardondi

Quote from: expat on August 08, 2012, 08:05:50 AM
Yes. During his press conference in October 2007 he actually powerpointed his credit as consultant along with Lindy Davis, Charles Friedlander, and G. Harry Stine.

Dwayne Day was at that event (a "press conference" that was not attended by the press) and wrote the funniest piece TSR has ever published. If you read it, don't drink coffee or you'll need a new monitor.

Heh. "The evidence for the truth of the claim is that I've been recorded claiming it is true. So there."  About what I would expect.

But does anyone, anywhere in the world, have any video or actual documentation from his claimed dates of involvement with NASA/Cronkite which actually verify that it was true? I understand that one of his most treasured possessions is a NASA ID card with his photo and name on it. But janitors at NASA had one of those. Anything which actually proves what he claims?

astroguy

My understanding is that on an old C2C episode, Cronkite actually called in and berated Hoagland on his b-day (or they called him?) and while he effectively confirmed that Hoagland worked there, he said he didn't believe anything that Hoagland said (re: conspiracies/etc.).

expat

Quote from: astroguy on August 08, 2012, 11:50:14 AM
My understanding is that on an old C2C episode, Cronkite actually called in and berated Hoagland on his b-day (or they called him?) and while he effectively confirmed that Hoagland worked there, he said he didn't believe anything that Hoagland said (re: conspiracies/etc.).
That was almost certainly an impostor. I personally have no doubt that he was employed by CBS TV News as a consultant for Apollo. Over the years he's told enough anecdotes for that to be credible. However, he always makes out that he was some sort of personal assistant to Cronkite, chosen by the man himself. I have some experience of covering spaceflight for TV and I can absolutely assure you that would not have been the case. Cronkite probably knew who RCH was, but would have had no role in hiring him or assigning him work tasks. That's what executive producers are for.