• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Juan

Coming to stores, maybe even convenience stores such as the one where sNoory bought the pizza rolls, are book kiosks.  You go to a screen, pick a book, swipe your credit card, and the kiosk prints and binds the book on demand.  I've seen prototypes.

The General

########hashtags##############

Do these do any good outside of Twitter?
Or even inside Twitter for that matter?
Stop using them everywhere.  Please.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 13, 2013, 03:47:38 PM
########hashtags##############

Do these do any good outside of Twitter?
Or even inside Twitter for that matter?
Stop using them everywhere.  Please.
Dude, OMG, you're so not trending,LMFAO.

(I actually felt IQ points leave, to never return, for even doing that sarcastically)

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 03:55:18 PM
         Dude, OMG, you're so not trending,LMFAO.

(I actually felt IQ points leave, to never return, for even doing that sarcastically)
Young lady acquaintances of mine on the goddamn Facebook can't post pictures without putting about a dozen useless hashtags in the description.  WTF is this?  Does that even do anything?  I swear to God that the following is a real example....

‎#tomorrowstbt #family #swimming #gocards #rollingstones #licorice

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on March 13, 2013, 04:00:50 PM
Young lady acquaintances of mine on the goddamn Facebook can't post pictures without putting about a dozen useless hashtags in the description.  WTF is this?  Does that even do anything?  I swear to God that the following is a real example....

No need to swear to God, I'm more than familiar with that particular demographic(my under 30 sisters in particular) using the same semaphore that I'm too old to understand. And now they've got my mother doing it as well...

Usagi

Does that even do anything?

It successfully alerts me to dumbasses.  I appreciate that.

For some reason, this reminds me of something else I despise: high-heeled sneakers.  Seriously.  Tha fuck?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on March 13, 2013, 04:22:43 PM

For some reason, this reminds me of something else I despise: high-heeled sneakers.  Seriously.  Tha fuck?

Sprained my ankle when I was freshman in high school and had to finish the baseball season, wearing something akin to that tribute to gayness above on my left foot. A pink dildo on my batting helmet would have cooler and less douchey than that high heeled cleat they gave me. Bastards!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Usagi on March 13, 2013, 04:22:43 PM

I thought I was the only one.  What a moronic look.  I listen to myself and find I'm sounding older and more Archie Bunkeresque every day.  After this past week, I feel a whole lot older as well. 

McPhallus

ZOMFG for reals BFFs!@!@!:

#georgenoorysucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 13, 2013, 11:00:49 AM

I'm okay with libraries and used book stores and use both myself. So I see the hypocrisy of my the above statement. I guess for me if you are in a retail establish you shouldn't be free loading. Do your free loading at the library like everyone else. ( Paperboy, you see here, I have no argument, hence I am trying to find one..lol)

I see what you did there...       :P

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 13, 2013, 12:04:51 PM

I wouldn't want to buy a book someone's had on the floor or dribbled coffee on, yet I buy plenty used and at library sales.

I'm beginning to think we all come from the same planet. I think when I pay full price I want a new, undamaged, dribbled on, smudged item. Used is exactly what it says. To be frank, I worked at a used record store for 3 years in my youth, so I am a fan of used stuff. I do however agree with whomever posted regarding bookstores and used books going bye bye. Sad really.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Treading Water on March 13, 2013, 05:32:10 PM

I see what you did there...       :P

Hi I'm PBS, and I"m running for office...lol...yeah, as soon as I started to formulate that argument I couldn't finish it. Things that annoy me, that college has forced me to find flaws in my own arguments. (Shakes fist in anger!)

MV/Liberace!

the fuck?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 07:40:11 PM

the fuck?

when i say "the fuck" only to find someone else said it just before me, thereby eliminating any hipness generated by my "the fuck."

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 07:43:21 PM

when i say "the fuck" only to find someone else said it just before me, thereby eliminating any hipness generated by my "the fuck."
Buddy, your hipness died the moment you became a dad.  How is the little one doing, #BTW?

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 04:27:47 PM
           Sprained my ankle when I was freshman in high school and had to finish the baseball season, wearing something akin to that tribute to gayness above on my left foot. A pink dildo on my batting helmet would have cooler and less douchey than that high heeled cleat they gave me. Bastards!

I had an ingrown toenail in high school because my parents couldn't afford shoes that fit my growing feet. Someone stepped on it during a baseball game and I screeched like a bitch of a bitch. I would have prayed to Satan at the time for some ridiculous looking steel toes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on March 13, 2013, 07:51:40 PM
Buddy, your hipness died the moment you became a dad.  How is the little one doing, #BTW?

zing.

she's great.  i can tell she's going to be a handful.

[attach=1]

#poopydiapers #blendedvegetables #notmuchsexnow

ChewMouse

She is so cute, so cute! I want to come over and play with her. What a smile! She looks absolutely joyous.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on March 13, 2013, 08:01:38 PM
I had an ingrown toenail in high school because my parents couldn't afford shoes that fit my growing feet. Someone stepped on it during a baseball game and I screeched like a bitch of a bitch. I would have prayed to Satan at the time for some ridiculous looking steel toes.
I as well had the dilemma of fast growing feet/parsimonious parents and had way too many sprains/ingrown nails as a result. I've prayed to Satan for relief, and apparently I'm on the pay no mind list in Hell as well. Now I have calluses like pizzas on my feets. That's progress.

My ridiculous high heeled cleat was plastic. Probably made in a sweat shop in the Far East or at least in Chinatown.

b_dubb

the alien in a freezer story. we blame George for the suck. but somehow Art never called bull on this story.

this story is pure bull. and this guy is a liar of the first order

McPhallus

....that I continually haunt the social media accounts of people no longer in my life.

ziznak

Quote from: McPhallus on March 13, 2013, 10:08:04 PM
....that I continually haunt the social media accounts of people no longer in my life.
if ya do it cause you still care theres nothing wrong with that... if yer plottin or something tho I think thats called stalking

Quote from: MV on March 13, 2013, 08:06:04 PM
#poopydiapers #blendedvegetables #notmuchsexnow
LOL

Sardondi

Quote from: analog kid on March 13, 2013, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 08:55:41 PMI as well had the dilemma of fast growing feet/parsimonious parents and had way too many sprains/ingrown nails as a result. I've prayed to Satan for relief, and apparently I'm on the pay no mind list in Hell as well. Now I have calluses like pizzas on my feets. That's progress. My ridiculous high heeled cleat was plastic. Probably made in a sweat shop in the Far East or at least in Chinatown.
This sounds very familiar. Mom? Dad? Is that you? I was playing football back in the 70's when they used steel cleats, because they lasted longer. And because we were real men of course. (The bastards in my school system wouldn't even put a little $2 plastic guard on the edge of the helmet where it came down and cracked you right across the bridge of the nose every time you hit/got hit hard. I don't even think it was the money as much as a tribal mark, since you could tell the football players by the sores across the bridges of their nose which bled from July to December. It's like they were Lakota sun dance scars, since it was an obvious lifetime disfigurement. I have mine to this day.)

What went with those steel cleats was individual little plates as a base for each cleat to be screwed into from the sole side. That way you could replace 'em when they wore out, or change into longer "mud cleats", etc. - it was the sports version of a "weapons system". Well, on my shoes after two seasons the lining/pad wore out, and my sock feet were rubbing up against the naked steel of the plate the cleats screwed into. And of course my socks were torn to ribbons soon, as was the skin on the balls of my feet. I didn't even bother to ask for some shoe repair - hadn't I just spent something like 70¢ apiece for several new screw-in cleats? But all that dirt, sweat, open wounds and bacteria, and pretty soon infection had set up in my shin area, and I had a galloping case of cellulitis, which was pretty much a big area of rotten flesh and blood under the skin. It was ugly when they lanced it and it all that multi-colored putrescence came glomping and splatting out. And for the want of a shoe pad the shoe was lost....

You know, all this enforced thrift we went through: it sounds like something out of Tobacco Road.

analog kid

Quote from: Sardondi on March 14, 2013, 12:11:04 AM
What went with those steel cleats was individual little plates as a base for each cleat to be screwed into from the sole side. That way you could replace 'em when they wore out, or change into longer "mud cleats", etc. - it was the sports version of a "weapons system". Well, on my shoes after two seasons the lining/pad wore out, and my sock feet were rubbing up against the naked steel of the plate the cleats screwed into. And of course my socks were torn to ribbons soon, as was the skin on the balls of my feet. I didn't even bother to ask for some shoe repair - hadn't I just spent something like 70¢ apiece for several new screw-in cleats? But all that dirt, sweat, open wounds and bacteria, and pretty soon infection had set up in my shin area, and I had a galloping case of cellulitis, which was pretty much a big area of rotten flesh and blood under the skin. It was ugly when they lanced it and it all that multi-colored putrescence came glomping and splatting out. And for the want of a shoe pad the shoe was lost....

You know, all this enforced thrift we went through: it sounds like something out of Tobacco Road.

Jesus. And I thought my athlete's foot was bad.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 08:55:41 PM
      I as well had the dilemma of fast growing feet/parsimonious parents and had way too many sprains/ingrown nails as a result. I've prayed to Satan for relief, and apparently I'm on the pay no mind list in Hell as well. Now I have calluses like pizzas on my feets. That's progress.

My ridiculous high heeled cleat was plastic. Probably made in a sweat shop in the Far East or at least in Chinatown.

If I wear sandals in the summer my calluses dry out and crack open. I had to put foot ointment on my feet and wrap them in gauze most nights last summer just to be able to walk without pain. Problem is that it gets so absurdly hot here in Louisiana that anything other than shorts, sandals and the thinnest tshirt available is risking a heat stroke. 95% of my clothing is unwearable in the summer.

analog kid

Quote from: McPhallus on March 13, 2013, 10:08:04 PM

I had one friend on facebook, who's currently douching out on hard drugs. So I deleted my facebook account and the random emails I get reduced by about 5000%

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 13, 2013, 04:27:47 PM

In my day, we just slapped some tape on it and chewed some tobacco...thank God!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 14, 2013, 06:42:06 AM

In my day, we just slapped some tape on it and chewed some tobacco...thank God!
I used tape on my left thumb trying to reduce a nagging pain that developed when I was 14 in Babe Ruth league...teaching me the eternal lesson: wrapping your thumb with tape does nothing for torn ligaments. 23 years later that thumb still bothers me.

Quote from: analog kid on March 14, 2013, 06:21:14 AM

If I wear sandals in the summer my calluses dry out and crack open. I had to put foot ointment on my feet and wrap them in gauze most nights last summer just to be able to walk without pain. Problem is that it gets so absurdly hot here in Louisiana that anything other than shorts, sandals and the thinnest tshirt available is risking a heat stroke. 95% of my clothing is unwearable in the summer.
I have family members who live(d) in Slidell, (luck of the Irish-they moved there June, 2005) and the weather/climate they describe makes me sick thinking about it. I'd die in that high heat/humidity. Not just my "nucleated" calluses either, I think all of it would kill me. I'd combust. I can barely take the week's worth 90 degree days we get here over the course of a summer...and I'm on the water, where the breezes are.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 14, 2013, 09:22:29 AM
        I used tape on my left thumb trying to reduce a nagging pain that developed when I was 14 in Babe Ruth league...teaching me the eternal lesson: wrapping your thumb with tape does nothing for torn ligaments. 23 years later that thumb still bothers me....
Scars? Hell, those ain't no scars. Here, hold this dog and I'll show you a scar....

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on March 14, 2013, 09:43:16 AM
Scars? Hell, those ain't no scars. Here, hold this dog and I'll show you a scar....

There's the physique of a man who would be dead about seven years later. In retrospect, Randy Quaid really is maybe the only actor who could accurately portray LBJ's goony essence.

Eddie Coyle

That I have an in-law, who is just getting into Seinfeld and with the zeal of a recent convert...ugh.
      Him:   "Did you ever see the one when George..."
       Me:  "Yes. In November, 1992"

Can't wait until next year when he gets into Zeppelin and The Godfather.