• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Gotta be ancient aliens!!!

I just wrote my latest post on my blog, Interpose Mission.  Here's the link:http://interposemission.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-brief-introduction-if-it-is-needed-to.htmlPlease note that I am talking about ANCIENT ALIENS!!!  I don't go very deep into it, yet, since this is an introductory post... and Dumbass got to this stuff first (and I'm sure there are other blogs out there)...  But I hope ya'all enjoy.

Girlthulhu

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 23, 2013, 11:21:53 AM
As a teacher of composition, I have to shake my head at the spelling efforts of some of my students.  I had a student once who meant to write "guinea pig" and wrote instead "genie pig".

I've kept guinea pigs as pets for a few years; I live in the city, and a lot of apartments don't allow tenants to keep "real" pets. However, I've grown to love guinea pigs. They're awesome little animals in every possible way. (I even had one who would warn me by going absolutely crazy whenever I was about to have a seizure. I've never heard of another guinea pig doing this, nor have any of my other ones repeated this behavior. Egon was the best pig.)

Anyway, I've been laughing for a good five minutes imagining Piggington appearing out of a lamp and announcing "Wheek, wheek!" and hoping that your wish will involve carrots and green peppers.

Eddie Coyle

The clutter-filled shithole that YouTube has become. "5 seconds and you can skip"...FUCK YOU, you don't get the 5 seconds to bother me. And the place has more freezes than Vladivostok.

Sardondi

This quote snip...
Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 23, 2013, 11:21:53 AMAs a teacher of composition, I have to shake my head at the spelling efforts of some of my students.  I had a student once who meant to write "guinea pig" and wrote instead "genie pig"....
...was used in this post.

Quote from: Girlthulhu on March 29, 2013, 08:23:46 AM
I've kept guinea pigs as pets for a few years; I live in the city, and a lot of apartments don't allow tenants to keep "real" pets. However, I've grown to love guinea pigs. They're awesome little animals in every possible way. (I even had one who would warn me by going absolutely crazy whenever I was about to have a seizure. I've never heard of another guinea pig doing this, nor have any of my other ones repeated this behavior. Egon was the best pig.)

Anyway, I've been laughing for a good five minutes imagining Piggington appearing out of a lamp and announcing "Wheek, wheek!" and hoping that your wish will involve carrots and green peppers.

Am I missing something about why the West Of The Rockies' quote was there at all?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 29, 2013, 01:37:46 PM

The clutter-filled shithole that YouTube has become. "5 seconds and you can skip"...FUCK YOU, you don't get the 5 seconds to bother me. And the place has more freezes than Vladivostok.

5 is almost tolerable considering the ones that are 15 and 30 seconds - I have to really want to see that.

onan

Quote from: Sardondi on March 29, 2013, 01:49:10 PM
This quote snip......was used in this post.

Am I missing something about why the West Of The Rockies' quote was there at all?

Stream of consciousness threads... not like we haven't seen them before.

Poe appreciated stream of consciousness writing... It is credited to William James... I think James Kirk is probably the least disciplined captains of the federation. The UFWA Universities Federation for Animal Welfare protects guinea pigs.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 29, 2013, 01:37:46 PM

Oh, I'm with you there Eddie -- pop-up adds have become the absolute bane of the internet.

ChewMouse

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2013, 02:07:31 PM

Poe appreciated stream of consciousness writing... It is credited to William James... I think James Kirk is probably the least disciplined captains of the federation. The UFWA Universities Federation for Animal Welfare protects guinea pigs.

Bond.

James Bond.

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2013, 02:07:31 PM

Six Degrees of Guinea Pigs?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 29, 2013, 02:23:31 PM
Six Degrees of Guinea Pigs?
Pigs in Space; sub plot in the Muppet show..

McPhallus

Quote from: ChewMouse on March 29, 2013, 02:21:59 PM
Bond.

James Bond.

To quote Charles Manson, "Your word is your bond, and your bond is your life."

Quote from: Sardondi on March 29, 2013, 01:49:10 PM
This quote snip......was used in this post.

Yes, picturing her 'genie' pig appearing out of a genie's lamp

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 29, 2013, 03:21:53 PM
Yes, picturing her 'genie' pig appearing out of a genie's lamp

Doh!

Eddie Coyle

"What did you give to so and so for the wedding?"

Um, a BDSM guide, a 20% off coupon to Woolworth's and a pack of Fruit Stripe gum.

Ask me a rude question and I'll give you a worse answer. I detest intrusive, nosy bags of vaginitis who mind everybody's bidness but their own.

Juan

I looked at my Facebook page for the first time in months.  Staring at me was a Giam TV ad with sNoory.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFO Fill on March 31, 2013, 02:13:31 PM
I looked at my Facebook page for the first time in months.  Staring at me was a Giam TV ad with sNoory.

:o   The horror!!!

stevesh

Just watched my first (and last) episode of Undercover Boss. Is there anyone actually stupid enough to believe that the video of the boss 'working' at the location isn't painfully obvious to the employees ?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on April 05, 2013, 06:44:24 PM
Just watched my first (and last) episode of Undercover Boss. Is there anyone actually stupid enough to believe that the video of the boss 'working' at the location isn't painfully obvious to the employees ?
It's horrible. Hey, you have same name as the guy who signs my check! What a coincidence. Bosses inherently suck, and this show should be on SyFy for all it's unrealistic bullshit.

Falkie2013

So many of these " reality " shows need to go in the television dumpster for posterity.

I don't know of any hillbillies in California, yet there's a spate of those programs on the air today.

The only reasons I haven't pulled the plug on the cable is that its baseball/football season, Dennis Miller rants on O'Reilly, Elementary and watching the weather on the Weather Channel. I hardly watch tv anymore because of the dearth of decent stuff worth watching. Once I get my internet ready tv, I'll get an Apple tv and pull the plug on Comcast forever.

Lately I've been buying old movies on Blu Ray. Got Forbidden Planet about 2 weeks ago and just got Earth vs. The Flying Saucers yesterday with a colorized and b&w version with an interview with Harryhausen.

CGI just doesn't fill me with the wonder I got from marveling at Ray's work.

And there's a company that sells models from many of his films.

I'm going to get a mini one of the saucer crashing into the Washington Monument when I can for my desk.

http://www.skyhookmodels.com/models.htm

http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-blogger-kenn-thomas.html

Here's one site that sells cool models from the films many of us love and loved.

http://www.creaturescape.com/forsale.html

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/

Ray Harryhausen Models: Profiles in History 'Hollywood Auction 40' Preview

By the by, one thing that really bugs me is our government fudging the numbers on the inflation rate. The REAL inflation rate according to economists should be around 8 % not 3 as it is now and as it keeps going up with Helicopter Ben continually debasing our currency on a daily basis.

Now Obama wants to screw seniors, vets and those on SSI by chaining the CPI.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

ItsOver

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 05, 2013, 07:53:40 PM

....Lately I've been buying old movies on Blu Ray. Got Forbidden Planet about 2 weeks ago and just got Earth vs. The Flying Saucers yesterday with a colorized and b&w version with an interview with Harryhausen.

CGI just doesn't fill me with the wonder I got from marveling at Ray's work.

Right on, Falkie.  "Forbidden Planet" and "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers" rock.  With CGI taking over Hollywood, all hope is lost for anything decent coming out of that cesspool in the future.

MV/Liberace!

I would generally suggest political annoyances be limited to the political thread.

Falkie2013

Well, this section DOES say things that annoy YOU.

My Mother's 94 and gets social security and a VA widow's pension and even she complains about high food prices.

But I will keep the bitching about the gummint in the politics section.

As an aside, right now on Fine Art, Art has GMS on and he said he was involved with a radical new form of transportation.

Did he ever reveal that ?

I don't remember if he did.

onan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 06, 2013, 06:18:22 AM

Well, this section DOES say things that annoy YOU.

My Mother's 94 and gets social security and a VA widow's pension and even she complains about high food prices.

But I will keep the bitching about the gummint in the politics section.

As an aside, right now on Fine Art, Art has GMS on and he said he was involved with a radical new form of transportation.

Did he ever reveal that ?

I don't remember if he did.

If you read the original post... it does ask to avoid politics.

Jeremy Lin goes to Harvard, plays in the NBA, and ends up with a lush $25 million contract with the Houston Rockets - this week he is actually complaining that he's bee discriminated against here in the US because he didn't get a basketball scholarship to team in a major conference, and he wasn't drafted. 

He shows some flashes, but his game isn't/wasn't all that great - he had/has major holes, he couldn't even make the the hometown Golden State Warriors who kept him for awhile primarily for his appeal to young SF Bay Area Chinese fans - he was the one scrub chosen from many to sit on the end of the bench and play in garbage time.  He gets released, works on his game, ends up playing with the Knicks for a few months when 'Melo is injured, gets hot for a few weeks (real hot actually), works on his game a little more, and ends up starting for Houston.  (Note the Knicks didn't keep him after that season either).

I would love to sentence him to a couple years in the third world country of his choice - somewhere where not just anyone with good grades can get into a place like Harvard, scrubeenies don't get $25 million contracts and spoiled whiners aren't catered to..

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 08, 2013, 10:55:34 AM
Jeremy Lin goes to Harvard, plays in the NBA, and ends up with a lush $25 million contract with the Houston Rockets - this week he is actually complaining that he's bee discriminated against here in the US because he didn't get a basketball scholarship to team in a major conference, and he wasn't drafted. 

He shows some flashes, but his game isn't/wasn't all that great - he had/has major holes, he couldn't even make the the hometown Golden State Warriors who kept him for awhile primarily for his appeal to young SF Bay Area Chinese fans - he was the one scrub chosen from many to sit on the end of the bench and play in garbage time.  He gets released, works on his game, ends up playing with the Knicks for a few months when 'Melo is injured, gets hot for a few weeks (real hot actually), works on his game a little more, and ends up starting for Houston.

I would love to sentence him to a couple years in the third world country of his choice - somewhere where not just anyone with good grades can get into a place like Harvard, scrubeenies don't get $25 million contracts and spoiled whiners aren't catered to..

On Xanga, he was "Chink balla 88", before anybody knew him(outside of his family/Ivy League hoops fans..all 13 of them) so clearly he's a bit self-enamored and very much into victimology. If he was black(or even a Euro), only fantasy league nerds would know him. He averages 13PPG and 6APG. Hardly worth the contract, or the attention. But a large part of that was his brief (20 games) taste of stardom was largely due to his playing in NYC, where everything is hyped and promoted beyond reason.

If I'm picking 10 point guards in the NBA...he's not even in the conversation.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 08, 2013, 10:55:34 AM

He shows some flashes, but his game isn't/wasn't all that great - he had/has major holes, he couldn't even make the the hometown Golden State Warriors who kept him for awhile primarily for his appeal to young SF Bay Area Chinese fans - he was the one scrub chosen from many to sit on the end of the bench and play in garbage time.  He gets released, works on his game, ends up playing with the Knicks for a few months when 'Melo is injured, gets hot for a few weeks (real hot actually), works on his game a little more, and ends up starting for Houston.  (Note the Knicks didn't keep him after that season either).

So you're tellin' us that some athletes are spoiled and out-of-touch?  ::)  The real question is, how many aren't that way!  I was once a big sports fan; those days are long gone.  There are more important things to fret over....

stevesh

That almost everone who uses the multiquote function in an Internet forum inevitably ends up abusing it.

That too many people write sentence fragments.  ;)

Eddie Coyle

If Youtube commenters are to believed, there were:

797, 611, 184 people "at Woodstock, man",
        218, 910, 081  "saw Hendrix live, man"
        119, 361, 224  people "saw John Lennon out for a walk in Central Park...cool guy, man"
           98, 510, 571 were "at Altamont, saw the Angels stab the black kid, man"

So on and so forth.

BobGrau

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 09, 2013, 11:32:27 AM

If Youtube commenters are to believed, there were:

797, 611, 184 people "at Woodstock, man",
        218, 910, 081  "saw Hendrix live, man"
        119, 361, 224  people "saw John Lennon out for a walk in Central Park...cool guy, man"
           98, 510, 571 were "at Altamont, saw the Angels stab the black kid, man"

So on and so forth.

I think I may have spotted the flaw in your reasoning here.