• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

BobGrau

Today, the ignore feature is annoying me. My ego burns with the possibility that people might be ignoring me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on April 09, 2013, 12:27:35 PM

I think I may have spotted the flaw in your reasoning here.
I admit those people could be telling the truth... all 1,234,393,060 of them. I can be a bit skeptical.

Harmness

Quote from: BobGrau on April 09, 2013, 12:29:33 PM
Today, the ignore feature is annoying me. My ego burns with the possibility that people might be ignoring me.

What?  Did somebody say something?

McPhallus

This preoccupation could certainly be a detrimental influence on one's social anxiety.  Just remember that they'll still see your name listed in threads and may grapple with that moment of indecision on whether not they should click the link to show your post. 

MV/Liberace!

what kind of crazed imbecile would ignore bobgrau?

MV/Liberace!

oh, and the real reason i'm here:  wicker.  fucking hate it.  anything made of it should head straight for the trash.  it looks like shit, does nothing but collect dust (making your home filthy), and is really only intended for old ladies.  get this shit out of your house.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on April 09, 2013, 04:25:53 PM

what kind of crazed imbecile would ignore bobgrau?

Breast size seems to be the common denominator.

stevesh

Those Social Security recipients who have spent the last two years whining about having to use Direct Deposit. I know change can be difficult, especially for the elderly, but I think the rest of us have the right to expect you folks to join the rest of us in the last quarter of the 20th century, much less the 21st, if those of us who (unlike you) still pay taxes can save hundreds of millions of tax dollars in the process.

McPhallus

Quote from: MV on April 09, 2013, 04:27:10 PM
oh, and the real reason i'm here:  wicker.  fucking hate it.  anything made of it should head straight for the trash.  it looks like shit, does nothing but collect dust (making your home filthy), and is really only intended for old ladies.  get this shit out of your house.

Makes good kindling, though.  Gotta admit.

McPhallus

What's their rationale?  I get pissed off if I don't get any kind of paycheck via direct deposit.  Are they so hung up on paper that they'd rather have to go to the bank?

Quote from: stevesh on April 10, 2013, 04:48:31 PM
Those Social Security recipients who have spent the last two years whining about having to use Direct Deposit. I know change can be difficult, especially for the elderly, but I think the rest of us have the right to expect you folks to join the rest of us in the last quarter of the 20th century, much less the 21st, if those of us who (unlike you) still pay taxes can save hundreds of millions of tax dollars in the process.

Juan

Some old people simply don't trust banks.  Really old folks because of what happened during the depression.  Others don't have transportation to banks and have been using liquor stores and check cashing places.  Old people don't like to change.

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 10, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
Some old people simply don't trust banks.  Really old folks because of what happened during the depression.  Others don't have transportation to banks and have been using liquor stores and check cashing places.  Old people don't like to change.

They don't trust it - certainly if it's something from the government, and/or regarding their money - and who can blame them, really.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: UFO Fill on April 10, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
Old people from the Baltic/Eastern Europe, especially. There was a dirty little habit of Boston cops/EMTs rushing en masse to reports of a dead elderly person in certain parts of Boston which had high concentrations of Lithuanians and Latvians and rummaging said decedents's floorboards and walls in search of cash.

Eddie Coyle

Golf, golfers and the miles upon miles of wasted space labeled golf courses.

stevesh

Dead people and the miles upon miles of wasted space labeled cemeteries. (Yup, I love golf.)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on April 11, 2013, 12:45:15 PM
Dead people and the miles upon miles of wasted space labeled cemeteries. (Yup, I love golf.)
I agree, not about the golf, but about boneyards. An urn on a shelf is more than enough space.

I'm looking forward to being 100 years old and driving around as if there is no one else on the road for miles.  Shit I'd do it now, except I'd probably be killed instantly. 

Maybe start in parking lots and work my way up - just get in, start up, throw it into reverse, completely ignore all the honking..   Then I'd have to choose between 8 mph and 80.  I'm thinking 80.

stevesh

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 11, 2013, 01:58:27 PM
   I agree, not about the golf, but about boneyards. An urn on a shelf is more than enough space.

I'm too old to cash in, but within 50 years or so, we're going to come to our senses about death, and some enterprising soul will make his/her fortune with the first flushable cremains container.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: stevesh on April 11, 2013, 03:28:46 PM

I'm too old to cash in, but within 50 years or so, we're going to come to our senses about death, and some enterprising soul will make his/her fortune with the first flushable cremains container.
I think edible could be viable as well. Yum. I love the dead.

McPhallus

Quote from: stevesh on April 11, 2013, 12:45:15 PM

Interesting you mention that.  I remember Carlin making that argument about both places.

Sardondi

I'm annoyed that Bitcoins are up to some astronomical amount, around $150, and that I have something like 10-12 left over from when I bought a bunch at $6...and I've changed computers, can't find my copy of my hard drive, and have forgotten where the account is. Crud.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on April 11, 2013, 11:49:01 PM
I'm annoyed that Bitcoins are up to some astronomical amount, around $150, and that I have something like 10-12 left over from when I bought a bunch at $6...and I've changed computers, can't find my copy of my hard drive, and have forgotten where the account is. Crud.

maybe i'm wrong about this, but it sounds like they're a bitch to exchange anyway.

McPhallus

I'm annoyed that a big evil German company has bought Caribou Coffee and decided that all their Illinois locations are either going to close or get rebranded to Peet's.

Quote from: McPhallus on April 12, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
I'm annoyed that a big evil German company has bought Caribou Coffee and decided that all their Illinois locations are either going to close or get rebranded to Peet's.

Here comes the $7 cup of coffee

McPhallus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 12, 2013, 06:54:02 PM

Here comes the $7 cup of coffee

Yah, thank god I rarely drink coffee and instead prefer to gulp down iced tea, which is thankfully still below the $3 level.

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on April 12, 2013, 07:20:06 PM

Yah, thank god I rarely drink coffee and instead prefer to gulp down iced tea, which is thankfully still below the $3 level.

I love my wife but she will, without a second thought, pay that kind of money for coffee. I used to get angry but now I use that fact to protect my less than thoughtful purchases by saying "when you stop buying starbucks I will stop..." I really hope she never calls my bluff.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on April 12, 2013, 11:45:05 AM

maybe i'm wrong about this, but it sounds like they're a bitch to exchange anyway.
Well, it's a terrible bitch setting it all up, and using the first time or two is quite awkward. But it gets somewhat easier with use. My problem is it's been so long since I've done it I've completely forgotten the process as well as forgetting where I put the damn things. I'll probably content myself with how wise I could have been, holding on to a useless $30 worth of credit which I could have turned into $1,500. It just makes me all warm and dreamy with woulda coulda.

Pragmier

Have I been under a rock? When did Breyers stop being ice cream??  >:(

b_dubb

If you spend more than $2 on a beverage at a coffee shop you're not getting coffee but a high concept milkshake. I get the brewed stuff and always take it black

ItsOver

I always thought you got the best coffee in convenience stores.  Like how you get the best turkey sandwiches..... oh, never mind.  ;)