• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jojo

People who say they do not eat any pork bacon - they are "totally off it", but then they have a huge bag of bacon bits in the refrigerator produce crisper...  ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jojo on October 01, 2019, 04:19:13 AM
People who say they do not eat any pork bacon - they are "totally off it", but then they have a huge bag of bacon bits in the refrigerator produce crisper...  ::)

Yeah, you bet.  This kind of hypocrisy on the part of anti-pork activists must be exposed.  Why don't you create a thread that addresses this outrage.   Maybe you could name it "Citizens for Swine."

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 01, 2019, 08:15:21 AM
Yeah, you bet.  This kind of hypocrisy on the part of anti-pork activists must be exposed.  Why don't you create a thread that addresses this outrage.   Maybe you could name it "Citizens for Swine."
Ha, ha... Yoyo stands up for pigs! TV's for all! It's their right! 

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 01, 2019, 09:57:03 AM
Ha, ha... Yoyo stands up for pigs! TV's for all! It's their right! 

One of the problems is people often over cook pork. This is due to the rumor of worms and/or food poisoning. This is rarely a problem in modern countries. But means one associates pork with dry, bland taste instead of juicy, protein-rich goodness. Here is the proper temperatures- brought to you by the Pork Council- the other white meat. 

https://www.pork.org/cooking/pork-temperature/

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2019, 11:58:13 AM
One of the problems is people often over cook pork. This is due to the rumor of worms and/or food poisoning. This is rarely a problem in modern countries. But means one associates pork with dry, bland taste instead of juicy, protein-rich goodness. Here is the proper temperatures- brought to you by the Pork Council- the other white meat. 

Thank yeeewww!  I like my "poke" chops marinated in a nice mojo,then grilled, but not so long they're not nice and juicy.  However, I prefer my bacon nice and crispy.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 01, 2019, 11:58:13 AM

Hear, hear.  I don't know why one can't get pork tartare anywhere.  Whenever I ask for it and even instruct them on how to make it,  the restaurant manager accompanied by several male staff show up at my table and make a fuss.  All this when a simple "we don't serve pork tartare, sir" would do.  Strange.

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 01, 2019, 08:15:21 AM
I'll pass, even though pork by far has the highest potassium of any meat, and smooths out regularity, too.  But I guess pigs will eat almost anything so it's up to the feeder to make sure their diet is healthy.

Hog

Quote from: Jojo on October 08, 2019, 01:59:05 AM
I'll pass, even though pork by far has the highest potassium of any meat, and smooths out regularity, too.  But I guess pigs will eat almost anything so it's up to the feeder to make sure their diet is healthy.
Back at the start of the 1900's in Britain, people used to go in a split the cost of a hog and local families would put together their trimmings and leftover foodstuffs in a bucket.  These buckets were taken to wherever the hog was being fattened up and used for feed of said beast.  When that time came and dreams of bacon and toast dipped in fat overtook more sensible thinking, that hog was slaughtered and each family that initially paid for the hog and contributed to its feeding, got their share of the proteins and fats.
IIRC after it was rendered, the pork fat was collected for usage in explosives making.  Those were days that if your country was at war, you knew it.  I remember seeing my Grandma McLeods old ration book from WWII. Us Canadians entered the war in 1939.  Grandpa McLeod was born in odd-one(1901) and he said he remembers most of the car tires being bald and patched together as all war making materials were rationed.  My Grandma McLeod used to make this peach jam that upon opening the jar, gave everyone within a 15 foot radius an instant case of Type 2 Diabetes.  If you left the lid off of the jar, within a short while you could see the jam begin to crystallize into sugar. 

If I'm Remembering Correctly, the reason why there was such a high content of sugar was because "Pectin" used to thicken/preserve jams/jellies was also used for explosives making.

Grandpa McLeod was born in 1901, so theoretically he could have served in the "Great War" (WWI) but as a youngster he was working with his Dad in the shop and his right eye was severely damaged.  For the time I knew Grandpa McLeod I never saw his right eye open, it just looked like he was holding it shut. He was able to drive with his left eye only, but that didn't go so well during military induction.  He stayed back here in Canada and did his best as a farmer and a water pump expert.  I always got the sense that he was disappointed about not being able to and fight in the war(s).  I think that may have factored into my own personal desire to serve. I was to be a member of the Canadian Forces, Infantry c9/C6 gunner (C9 equivalent to the USA 5.56mm NATO Squad Automatic Weapon(SAW) and the C6 was a 7.62mm NATO FN Mag that was classified as a GPMG(General Purpose Machine Gun). Both were fully automatic, belt fed and very fun to work with, but a PITA to clean afterwards.
CANADIAN C6

My friends "South of the Border" had Uncle Sam shouting "Buy War Bonds".

Up here the message was "Let's Go CANADA!"

Boy do I miss my grandparents.

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

I'm going to kill next time someone responds to me with, "Right?"

That's not a response. It's meaningless. It's non sequitur. It's a verbal affectation that seems to have been adopted by almost every brainless twit under the age of 40. It's a replacement for actually using the brain to reply with something substantive.

I shut down when someone uses that in conversation with me. It gives the impression they aren't listening or they don't have the capacity to meet you half way in the conversation.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on October 31, 2019, 10:58:57 AM
I'm going to kill next time someone responds to me with, "Right?"

That's not a response. It's meaningless. It's non sequitur. It's a verbal affectation that seems to have been adopted by almost every brainless twit under the age of 40. It's a replacement for actually using the brain to reply with something substantive.

I shut down when someone uses that in conversation with me. It gives the impression they aren't listening or they don't have the capacity to meet you half way in the conversation.
IKR?  Praise Lee.

Juan

How abought “Riiiiiigggghhhhttttt?”

Euros and numbers.  Why do they use commas and decimals in a backasswards manner?  1,94% indeed.   >:(

A Dutchman wrote this:

"Weekend numbers today and tomorrow.
Over the past 24 hours, running from 16:00 GMT to 16:00 GMT:

Worldwide: Total - 5.335.868 up by 91.140 ( 116.236 Yesterday, 95.912 on average in the past seven days). A Increase of total cases of 1,74 % Compared to 1,94 % on average over the past 7 days.
___Deaths total: 341.549 up by 2.712 ( 5.348 yesterday, 4.175 running 7 day average)
"

SpaceMeowMaid

Self appointed 'Experts'!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on June 04, 2020, 03:11:38 PM
Self appointed 'Experts'!

But I’m an expert at self-appointed experts.

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 04, 2020, 03:19:44 PM
But I’m an expert at self-appointed experts.

That might be ok.. the double negative makes it positive.... Ya, ok

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on June 04, 2020, 03:21:56 PM
That might be ok.. the double negative makes it positive.... Ya, ok

So, you’ll allow it?

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 04, 2020, 03:23:56 PM
So, you’ll allow it?

No, but it's not going onto my list of annoyances :)