• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Rix Gins

Quote from: Innerreach on November 12, 2020, 11:49:53 PM
Any Pipe (Tobacco) Smokers In The House? What blends do you like? I'm liking me some Plum Pudding, Maltese Falcon and Cult Blood Red Moon. Plenty more on order.

https://youtu.be/edKUzFe2Xuc
Mr. K_Dubb and Mr. WOTR are pipe smokers.  I used to smoke one during break times at work and I absolutely loved it.  I used to buy various pipe tobaccos that one would find in a grocery store but still, they all tasted great to me.

pate

Any Pipe (Tobacco) Smokers In The House? What blends do you like? I'm liking me some Plum Pudding, Maltese Falcon and Cult Blood Red Moon. Plenty more on order.

It has been over 25 years, but I was partial to a blend called "Buccaneer" at the time.  Found at the Tobacconist at the local mall when those things still existed...

Speaking of random:

"Jasper Mall" is currently on my "watchlist."  Looks cringe-worthy...

-p

K_Dubb

I am currently smoking Skiff Mixture and Royal Jersey, with C&D's Autumn Evening as a dessert smoke.  I like Maltese Falcon very much but, sadly, none of the Seattle Pipe Club blends agree with me which is a shame because I like the names and the tin art a lot.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 14, 2020, 03:07:47 PM
They lay a lot of pipe up in Seattle?

Hot and steamy and bites your tongue, and not in a good way.

albrecht

Ian Punnett mentions that he smokes a pipe. But he is a 'fatty' K_dubb and he doesn't mention what types of tobacco he favors. Episcopalian Deacon so likely something bland and mainstream, like Captain Black.  Art and JBW liked cigarettes, not sure of brands.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2020, 04:00:57 PM
Ian Punnett mentions that he smokes a pipe. But he is a 'fatty' K_dubb and he doesn't mention what types of tobacco he favors. Episcopalian Deacon so likely something bland and mainstream, like Captain Black.  Art and JBW liked cigarettes, not sure of brands.

Ha! I was going to mention Cap’n Black too. Ian and I are both Lutheran. I think you got our number. K_Dubb should be smoking it too!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2020, 04:03:34 PM
Ha! I was going to mention Cap’n Black too. Ian and I are both Lutheran. I think you got our number. K_Dubb should be smoking it too!

I was not aware that Lutherans had their own blend!  The Presbyterians do, a nice light english blend uniquely packed wet in a plastic bag inside the tin so it gets nice and rank and fermented.  I just finished a tin of it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 14, 2020, 04:19:57 PM
I was not aware that Lutherans had their own blend!  The Presbyterians do, a nice light english blend uniquely packed wet in a plastic bag inside the tin so it gets nice and rank and fermented.  I just finished a tin of it.

Try it! It blends well with hash.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 14, 2020, 04:19:57 PM

Is that the Earl Baldwin of Bewley favorite blend originally? I might have been abolished but MPs used to get free snuff from an elaborate snuffbox managed by a door keeper.  Snuff like we would call 'dry snuff.'

https://www.theparliamentaryreview.co.uk/news/snuff-said

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224755/Perks-of-an-MP-include-free-snuff.html

Our Congress used to have cuspidors at most desks. I'm heard the TB ('consumption') outbreak was the downfall of public cuspidors and making smoking versus chewing tobacco more popular.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2020, 04:30:03 PM
Is that the Earl Baldwin of Bewley favorite blend originally? I might have been abolished but MPs used to get free snuff from an elaborate snuffbox managed by a door keeper.  Snuff like we would call 'dry snuff.'

https://www.theparliamentaryreview.co.uk/news/snuff-said

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10224755/Perks-of-an-MP-include-free-snuff.html

Our Congress used to have cuspidors at most desks. I'm heard the TB ('consumption') outbreak was the downfall of public cuspidors and making smoking versus chewing tobacco more popular.

Yes I think it is that Earl Baldwin.  Dry snuff is great, nearly impossible to find in this country though.

Innerreach

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 14, 2020, 02:49:42 PMnone of the Seattle Pipe Club blends agree with me which is a shame because I like the names and the tin art a lot.

I feel the same way about Haunted Bookshop. Cool tin art, recommended by Matches 860, it's just a bit too heavy for me though. It's canned now, so maybe in time it will mellow a bit.

I've had my eye on the Autumn Evening, I think I'll pull the trigger now that the might K_Dubb recommends it. I've been drying my moist tobacco's out, much more than usual lately and I find that it's a far more superior smoke. Still experimenting though.

-Cheers-

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 14, 2020, 06:10:43 PM
Yes I think it is that Earl Baldwin.  Dry snuff is great, nearly impossible to find in this country though.
Here one can find W.E. Garret & Sons* "Scotch" snuff at grocery stores. I don't think the product 'moves' but I still see it behind registers. Likely due to it being dry and sealed it can last awhile on shelves for the few old timers who buy it. Every so often I'll see PÖSCHL Gletscherprise somewhere which is heavily mentholated but good. The advice, not that I would know, is you aren't "doing lines" of dry snuff as one might for other powder drugs. Just a pinch.

* interwebs tell me the oldest US trademark still in use.

Watching a JFK documentary on the TV.  Big Jim Fetzer makes an appearance just as Mrs. Walks enters the room.
She goes "What is wrong with that guys neck?"   I bust out laughing and she wants to know what is so funny. Where do I start?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 14, 2020, 07:26:45 PM
Landslide in the Canary's today.

https://twitter.com/RTVCes/status/1327720629659906048
Not a good sign. The Canaries is sort of like Yellowstone. Doom and Gloomers always talks about a 'big one.'

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 14, 2020, 07:36:47 PM
Watching a JFK documentary on the TV.  Big Jim Fetzer makes an appearance just as Mrs. Walks enters the room.
She goes "What is wrong with that guys neck?"   I bust out laughing and she wants to know what is so funny. Where do I start?
Start with iodine and the thyroid story but quickly segue into a Building 7 discussion. End match with a Sandy Hook hoax ending.

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2020, 07:46:01 PM
Start with iodine and the thyroid story but quickly segue into a Building 7 discussion. End match with a Sandy Hook hoax ending.

With Mrs. Obama's penis as the Grand Finale.

Innerreach

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 14, 2020, 03:07:47 PMThey lay a lot of pipe up in Seattle?

That's what K_Dubb keeps tells me.

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 14, 2020, 03:17:56 PMHot and steamy and bites your tongue, and not in a good way.

I'm lucky enough to have never experienced tongue bite. It's probably because of my widespread use of so much tobacco all these years.

Quote from: pate on November 14, 2020, 01:01:06 AMIt has been over 25 years, but I was partial to a blend called "Buccaneer" at the time.

Thanks Pate.

pate

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2020, 07:40:19 PM
Not a good sign. The Canaries is sort of like Yellowstone. Doom and Gloomers always talks about a 'big one.'

Spanish territory isn't it?  Landslides?  Germans saying shiesse!

I will attempt to fit this information into the Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory somehow.

I must think on this...

WOTR

First off, it is necessary to call K_Dubb a selfish bastard. Now I know who put the last tin of skiff in their collection before I could snatch it up. It is on my "to try" list.

Different blends for different times. I believe that Presbyterian, Nightcap and GL Pease "Quiet nights" are my top English at the moment. Probably Black Mallory for Scottish. I loved John Cotton's Smyrna- and it was probably near the top of my "all time favourite" list. But now they stopped making it (again.) Warped "until the end" is near the top for a unique experience with both cigar leaf and cavendish cigar leaf. And the tin art has to be the best I have seen (I know- that should not really factor in- but somehow it does.)

Then we get into the Virginia blends. Marlin flake for a VaPer and Opening night for straight Virginia. And finally, the occasional bowl of Captain black or Grousemoor just to keep things grounded.

All that said, I limit myself to a bowl a day (maximum.) So I have a ton of blends in jars downstairs that may be good or unique, but don't make a rotation.

Skiff and Veermaster are on the list as the next blends to try...

I would buy a print to hang on my wall of the Warped label art. It is just that good.

Innerreach

Quote from: WOTR on November 15, 2020, 03:00:42 PMFirst off, it is necessary to call K_Dubb a selfish bastard.

But I love that silly fagot. He's queer and he smokes a pipe, probably in a silk purple robe too. What's not to like?

Quote from: WOTR on November 15, 2020, 03:00:42 PMDifferent blends for different times. I believe that Presbyterian, Nightcap and GL Pease "Quiet nights" are my top English at the moment. Probably Black Mallory for Scottish. I loved John Cotton's Smyrna- and it was probably near the top of my "all time favourite" list. But now they stopped making it (again.) Warped "until the end" is near the top for a unique experience with both cigar leaf and cavendish cigar leaf. And the tin art has to be the best I have seen (I know- that should not really factor in- but somehow it does.)

Then we get into the Virginia blends. Marlin flake for a VaPer and Opening night for straight Virginia. And finally, the occasional bowl of Captain black or Grousemoor just to keep things grounded.

All that said, I limit myself to a bowl a day (maximum.) So I have a ton of blends in jars downstairs that may be good or unique, but don't make a rotation.

Skiff and Veermaster are on the list as the next blends to try...

I would buy a print to hang on my wall of the Warped label art. It is just that good.

I didn't expect so many responses. Seems odd so many of us would smoke a pipe? I mean, it's pretty niche. Thanks for the recommendations. How dry do you smoke your tobacco?