• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Innerreach

Quote from: WOTR on November 15, 2020, 08:40:44 PMFor you- but probably more for Innerreach. This is a great link by a man who is (was?) the godfather of drying pipe tobacco. He also has 4noggins blend some bulk tobacco. I have "stormfront" tinned in the basement.

Just what I needed. Thanks for the link man!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Innerreach on November 15, 2020, 09:00:53 PM
Yeah, I'm still experimenting myself and if it's too dry, you do seem to lose some of those flavor notes. The Haunted bookshop comes pretty ready to smoke right from the tin, but the Plumb Pudding's just a bit too moist.

You can say that again. That's why I like it here.

See Doc, it's called humor. Look LOOK See SEE.

If you say so. I usually laugh when something’s funny.

Innerreach

What you... I was just.. I didn't.... He is...Fuck your mother!

Ciardelo

Hey there Innerreach. May I have a word buddy?

If you stay in the middle of the road, yer gonna get runned over.

That's a straight-up fact.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on November 15, 2020, 08:40:44 PM
For you- but probably more for Innerreach. This is a great link by a man who is (was?) the godfather of drying pipe tobacco. He also has 4noggins blend some bulk tobacco. I have "stormfront" tinned in the basement. Only because, how can you post on this forum and not find it hilarious that you can actually buy a tobacco named "stormfront?"

This link also has him praising the lowly Missouri Meerschaum corncob pipe and was responsible for my purchase of a cob. To be honest- they really don't smoke bad. I admit that I was one of those snobs who thought that was just a cheap, shitty, drugstore pipe. But I still hate filters (all MM seem to have them.)

https://pipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Corncob_primer

Thanks, that is good advice!  I have no objection to corncobs other than that they are fragile while a good old briar you can practically run over with a car.  In gratitude I shall not go on at length about how wonderful Skiff is, the very epitome of a well-behaved, subtle and satisfying light english...

K_Dubb

Quote from: Innerreach on November 15, 2020, 07:56:48 PM
Oh, but isn't he!

Doc is the only reliable hair-trigger homophobe left around here any more and it would take all the pleasure out of my wanton faggotry if I could not count on a little barfy face from his corner.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:38:03 PM
Doc is the only reliable hair-trigger homophobe left around here any more and it would take all the pleasure out of my wanton faggotry if I could not count on a little barfy face from his corner.

More victimhood?! You just can’t get enough, can you? :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 15, 2020, 09:46:19 PM
More victimhood?! You just can’t get enough, can you? :D

I'm not the one complaining, sweet cheeks.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:47:41 PM
I'm not the one complaining, sweet cheeks.

Really?! The word homophobe isn’t pejorative?! ???

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 15, 2020, 09:48:50 PM

Not at all!  Without homophobes, who would be left to horrify?  Someday I will come on here and put on my swishy ham act and no one will pay me any attention at all and I will just sit in a heap and cry and cry  :'( :'( :'(

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:57:51 PM
Not at all!  Without homophobes, who would be left to horrify?  Someday I will come on here and put on my swishy ham act and no one will pay me any attention at all and I will just sit in a heap and cry and cry  :'( :'( :'(

So, basically the way it is right now. :D

I’m not horrified. If anything I’m completely indifferent to it because it doesn’t concern me. I don’t use the word faggot as an anti-gay slur. Sorry to let you down so much.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 15, 2020, 10:08:48 PM
So, basically the way it is right now. :D

I’m not horrified. If anything I’m completely indifferent to it because it doesn’t concern me. I don’t use the word faggot as an anti-gay slur. Sorry to let you down so much.

Ouch that stings!  Why must you hurt me so?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:57:51 PM
I posit, as a philosophical argument, the whole "phobia" thing is a Joo-plot, culturally-appropriating some Greek (who we all know were often into some shenanigans of the "high-risk" variety, even if Fauci denied it.) Very bad to culturally-appropriate. But clever, as "they" are to manipulate into a fear versus a sane approach to certain cultural norms, borders, and such. There is no fear but convoluted so as to bring about the end of Western Civilization and Christendom by semantics. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2020, 10:13:56 PM
I posit, as a philosophical argument, the whole "phobia" thing is a Joo-plot, culturally-appropriating some Greek (who we all know were often into some shenanigans of the "high-risk" variety, even if Fauci denied it.) Very bad to culturally-appropriate. But clever, as "they" are to manipulate into a fear versus a sane approach to certain cultural norms, borders, and such. There is no fear but convoluted so as to bring about the end of Western Civilization and Christendom by semantics.

I posit, as a philosophical argument, that you are a joyless wretch who wants to hitch me to some silly cow's domestic fantasy for the rest of my life in dull servitude, all for some abstruse notions of duty to a Civilization and a Faith that doesn't really want me in the first place, other than as stud material.  You know exactly what you can do with that idea.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dub b on November 15, 2020, 10:28:29 PM
I posit, as a philosophical argument, that you are a joyless wretch who wants to hitch me to some silly cow's domestic fantasy for the rest of my life in dull servitude, all for some abstruse notions of duty to a Civilization and a Faith that doesn't really want me in the first place, other than as stud material.  You know exactly what you can do with that idea.
Q.E.D. should be the ending to the rant.  ;D Note I even used an emoji, or is it a emonicon?  Something like that in hightech metropolis would be understood.

ps: keep the Faith. And Civilization- it is the one that allows such freedom of all sorts, albeit, maybe temporarily.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:34:44 PM
Thanks, that is good advice!  I have no objection to corncobs other than that they are fragile while a good old briar you can practically run over with a car.  In gratitude I shall not go on at length about how wonderful Skiff is, the very epitome of a well-behaved, subtle and satisfying light english...
Well... That is very, very kind of you to not go on about the smoking qualities of skiff.

On a side note, I agree with the fragile comment. I also have a couple of Morta pipes now. Half petrified bog oak. Now there is a bullet proof pipe.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 10:28:29 PM

Perhaps al is just pointing out how your people are manipulated and used to serve a communist agenda. If only they could make it more mainstream they could really destroy the nuclear family forever and then just have a nation or world of more easily manipulated individuals locked down in their cages. ;)

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2020, 08:49:09 PM
"Stormfront" tobacco? You are going to get raided, and quick. I imagine some RMCP minion shifting his feet while, whilst for you, some politician is ranting about hate groups and some potential, nefarious plot with explosive powders. "Well, guv, it actually turns out to be just tobacco." But even a bigger crime because some confiscatory taxation import or customs protocol hadn't been met and use/possession of same is also an affront to First Peoples, so another hate crime charge. Watch your six.
I got dinged for the last shipment. 5 tins of 50g each. $150 in duty alone. It is my own fault. I generally order from a couple of online retailers who send "hobby supplies" and "collectible tins" to me.

My only saving grace with the RCMP is that Stormfront is a bulk mixture. The only proof of what is contained within the jars is written in black marker on the lid. Considering this timely warning, I will keep a bottle of xylene or nail polish remover next to the jars and struggle to wipe them clean during a raid. Some people have to flush their drugs. I will have to wipe a jar lid.*

*I get the feeling that getting caught with coke would carry less of a stigma than being found with a jar of "stormfront" in the basement.

Quote from: Innerreach on November 15, 2020, 09:00:53 PM
See Doc, it's called humor. Look LOOK See SEE.

Humour my ass. My usual smoking attire consists of an old, ratty checkered bathrobe with lose threads, worn areas, and a mismatched belt. I would absolutely trade up to a purple silk robe.

*Upon further review (and considering this evening's "topic du jour") I'm thinking that I should probably not have used that phrase to start this response. Somebody is going to consider it an invitation.  :o

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on November 15, 2020, 10:39:12 PM
ps: keep the Faith. And Civilization- it is the one that allows such freedom of all sorts, albeit, maybe temporarily.

Oh, horseshit.  Freedom is not allowed; it is demanded as an inalienable right.  I owe the Faith and the Civilization a lot, but I owe my freedom in this regard to several generations of strange campy men with giant balls.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 15, 2020, 10:45:19 PM
Perhaps al is just pointing out how your people are manipulated and used to serve a communist agenda. If only they could make it more mainstream they could really destroy the nuclear family forever and then just have a nation or world of more easily manipulated individuals locked down in their cages. ;)

There is that phobia we talked about.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on November 15, 2020, 10:58:05 PM
*Upon further review (and considering this evening's "topic du jour" I'm thinking that I should probably not have used that phrase to start this response. Somebody is going to consider it an invitation.  :o

Hahaha if you open the door, I will go in, and bring the baying hounds of hell with me as the scourge of Western Civilization itself!  PREPARE YOUR Hahaahahaa I can't even say it

Innerreach

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 15, 2020, 09:24:10 PMHey there Innerreach. May I have a word buddy?

If you stay in the middle of the road, yer gonna get runned over.

That's a straight-up fact.

WEEEEEELLLLLLLL, just decided... To take the time, swing in.... and twist the ole knife DIDGA, Ciardelo. Weeeeeeellllllllllll THEN!,..... Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA .... Fuck your mother.

https://imgur.com/KBQ1HMP

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 11:01:08 PM
Oh, horseshit.  Freedom is not allowed; it is demanded as an inalienable right.  I owe the Faith and the Civilization a lot, but I owe my freedom in this regard to several generations of strange campy men with giant balls.

And they thought you owed your freedom to God. ;)

Innerreach

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 09:38:03 PMDoc is the only reliable hair-trigger homophobe left around here any more and it would take all the pleasure out of my wanton faggotry if I could not count on a little barfy face from his corner.

Ha HA! Good for you then, keep it up.

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 15, 2020, 09:48:50 PM

homo- (1) before vowels hom-, word-forming element meaning "same, the same, equal, like" (opposed to hetero-), from Greek homos "one and the same," also "belonging to two or more jointly," from PIE *somo-, from root *sem- (1) "one; as one, together with."

-phobe word-forming element meaning "one who dreads, fears, or hates," from French -phobe, from Latin -phobus, from Greek -phobos "fearing," from phobos "fear, panic, flight," phobein "put to flight, frighten" (see phobia).

Sounds from the etymology like a homo-phobe is afraid of themselves or something.  Huh.

-p

Innerreach

Quote from: pate on November 15, 2020, 11:19:25 PM
homo- (1) before vowels hom-, word-forming element meaning "same, the same, equal, like" (opposed to hetero-), from Greek homos "one and the same," also "belonging to two or more jointly," from PIE *somo-, from root *sem- (1) "one; as one, together with."

-phobe word-forming element meaning "one who dreads, fears, or hates," from French -phobe, from Latin -phobus, from Greek -phobos "fearing," from phobos "fear, panic, flight," phobein "put to flight, frighten" (see phobia).

Sounds from the etymology like a homo-phobe is afraid of themselves or something.  Huh.

-p

https://imgur.com/MUYFPxj

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 15, 2020, 11:01:08 PM
"Freedom, Not License!" Not the book, of course. Though interesting read back when.