• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 25, 2015, 02:49:17 AM

"Well, this is certainly embarrassing, I must say!  I could have sworn you were Shatner!  I've never been able to tell you two apart, you know. It's like you're fraternal twins who happen to look alike!  How uncanny is that?"

Wow!  They even sound alike.

Juan

Maybe Steph will be on with sNoory. Her saying "we have all these invisible sound waves now" seems to qualify her for his show.

VtaGeezer

Stephan Young (male nom de plume?); an accent lovely enough to make one wish they had her photo on the webpage, and I'd wager the first guest ever on C2C to have a book cover with a pic of a woman on the crapper.

qaddisin

I hadn't listened to any hosts besides Knapp for a while. When did they start making them push George's 'television' show? Seemed like Dave was reminding us that it was free for thirty days every time he came back from break. It really does smack of desperation.

It was bad enough they had Lionel Fanthorpe's slow cousin on during the second half.

zeebo

Quote from: qaddisin on January 25, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
...When did they start making them push George's 'television' show?....

Noory's lust for power and commercial success has forced the guest hosts to pitch for his various half-assed offerings of infomercial products, webcasts, holiday cds, "insider" clubs, etc.  I think they just have to play ball if they want the gig.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 25, 2015, 03:24:33 AM
Wow!  They even sound alike.

Now I'll never be able to watch that episode without thinking of the mugato as Ed Grimley.  That should be fun!

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:10:46 PM
half-assed offerings of infomercial products

Hold on a minute.

How bad could food capable of lasting 25 years taste?

And, sure, "Carnivora" sounds like a nicotine patch for recovering cannibals -- but give the man a break.

He's not selling mustache dye or cheap wigs . . .  yet.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 25, 2015, 02:30:22 AM

It would sound like "Deek Bootkis" and it would be adorable. 

I'm thinking Happy Pancake. Maybe even some pig in a blanket. With butter and syrup. Yeah.  :D
Heilsa,All!!
Firstly,'Scones'are i think an Scots(not"Scotch")invention,not"British",what ever that is,sez an lobscouser i deal with on the inter-tube thingy.
English,ie"anglo-saxon"eat things that make hobbits barf.
Names:
"Toad-in-the-Hole".
"Plowman's Lunch Pasty"
Not cool.
That's why they call it"Blighty".
Now,then,the sweet young-ish(I'm verry auld,so there)voice from the blighted yet sceptered(!!)isles...
certainly had some amazing anecdotes.
I actually recognised about half.
Many were from books i've read whilst persueing my Liver-Pudlian fixation,ahem.
I fell asleep near her end speech and had an flash-back to "Swinging London"courtesey of M.Antonioni(sp.?)'s back-to-back master-pieces,
Viz:"Toby Dammit"(from:"Spirits Of The Dead"),and"Blow-Up"with David Hemmings (or David McCallum??)in both.
I saw the giggling nude birdies scene with the photographer and the flash of pubic hair.
Still an tribute to Mz.Steph(anie(?)'s sweet voice.
Now,I'm afraid she'll look like an Auld Hag in real life.
Any bets?
PS:I'm amazed no-one mentioned the Roman Root (of Greek Myths) that fits perfectly as raisonne d'etre of these apparently odd mental states:
"Panic",ie,possession by the 'locus spiritus' a.k.a.:"Satyr-possessed".
Look him up,the rumor of his death is greatly egsaggerated,according to acolytes of the late Mr.Aleistair Croweley(sp.?)
Whom claimed to have attempted hands-on evocation-to-physical wrestling match with the god of un-reason in,i think,1909??
"B_B"

WildCard

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on January 25, 2015, 10:48:28 PM
Heilsa,All!!
Firstly,'Scones'are i think an Scots(not"Scotch")invention,not"British",what ever that is,sez an lobscouser i deal with on the inter-tube thingy.
Names:
"Toad-in-the-Hole".
"Plowman's Lunch Pasty"
Not cool.
Now,then,the sweet young-ish(I'm verry auld,so there)voice from the blighted yet sceptered(!!)isles...
I fell asleep near her end speech and had an flash-back to "Swinging London"courtesey of M.Antonioni(sp.?)'s back-to-back master-pieces,
Viz:"Toby Dammit"(from:"Spirits Of The Dead"),and"Blow-Up"with David Hemmings (or David McCallum??)in both.
I saw the giggling nude birdies scene with the photographer and the flash of pubic hair.
Any bets?
PS:I'm amazed no-one mentioned the Roman Root (of Greek Myths) that fits perfectly as raisonne d'etre of these apparently odd mental states:
Look him up,the rumor of his death is greatly egsaggerated,according to acolytes of the late Mr.Aleistair Croweley(sp.?)
Whom claimed to have attempted hands-on evocation-to-physical wrestling match with the god of un-reason in,i think,1909??
"B_B"

I don't understand any of this. Please explain.

zeebo

Quote from: WildCard on January 25, 2015, 11:54:33 PM
I don't understand any of this. Please explain.

It appears to begin on the subject of British food and then segues into art films and ends on a curious mystical/mythological twist.  It's actually pretty hilarious, I think.

PChirp

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:56:54 AM
I think this guy has some interesting stories, but he kinda sounds like Lionel Fanthorpe O.D.'d on NyQuil.

Zeeb!!!

Hilarious and thinking the same thing!   ;D   Gotta LUV Lionel.

zeebo

Quote from: PChirp on January 26, 2015, 12:52:10 AM
...Hilarious and thinking the same thing!...

Yeah he was ok but I kept drifting in and out ... Listening and sleeping at the same time is a skill I've picked up over the Noory years.

b_dubb

"Something in the Woods".  Looks like someone is trying to cash in on the Paulides Missing/411 money trench.  Heaps of bullshit.  Heaps.

b_dubb

re: "Something In the Woods" ... that does it I am now of the opinion that "paranormal" equals "huckster/scam artist" or "complete delusional moron".  Schrader is just too willing to go down these ridiculous paths.  Schrader goes to a ranch where people routinely see strange things.  Does he bring a camera? Of course not.  Did anyone bring a camera?  No.  Are they even allowed?  I have no idea.

Horseshit. All of it.

WildCard

Quote from: zeebo on January 26, 2015, 12:43:41 AM
It appears to begin on the subject of British food and then segues into art films and ends on a curious mystical/mythological twist.  It's actually pretty hilarious, I think.
Right?! My stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on January 25, 2015, 10:48:28 PM
Heilsa,All!!
Names:
"Toad-in-the-Hole".
"Plowman's Lunch Pasty"
Not cool.
Any bets?
"B_B"

Well said, you randy scouse git!  :D

Quote from: b_dubb on January 26, 2015, 01:04:51 PM
re: "Something In the Woods" ... that does it I am now of the opinion that "paranormal" equals "huckster/scam artist" or "complete delusional moron".  Schrader is just too willing to go down these ridiculous paths.  Schrader goes to a ranch where people routinely see strange things.  Does he bring a camera? Of course not.  Did anyone bring a camera?  No.  Are they even allowed?  I have no idea.

Horseshit. All of it.

I think that is the conclusion any rational being must come to, having had the open mind to listen to years of similar claims and eventually coming to sniff out the various combinations of bullshit, gullibility, and lack of analytical abilities that most of those involved seem to possess.

SheilaVG

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM
Maybe I am a cynic but this stinks of being a set up for an infomercial.  Apparently Dave Schrader is the host of "Darkness Radio" but I don't see the show in my market (NY/CT area).  He actually may not suck but, given Coast's recent history, I want to be prepared.

Listen on the web. It's a good show.

SheilaVG

Quote from: PChirp on January 26, 2015, 12:52:10 AM
Zeeb!!!

Hilarious and thinking the same thing!   ;D   Gotta LUV Lionel.

Lol. I'm with this guy. What a ride. ;D :o

LW

I have listened to Darkness Radio, you might get a laugh out of it from time to time but no serious topics, like a child Dave has to make a joke at the worst time.

7 kids, 2 divorces and still acts like a child.......... yah sure I will trust him, lol.

Perfect for the sliding coast show though.

Nebraska888

I like Schrader......I have  no big issues about his hosting skills.  He does just fine in my book.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 01, 2015, 11:19:59 PM
I like Schrader......I have  no big issues about his hosting skills.  He does just fine in my book.

I agree, he's not bad.  And he's kind of upbeat energy-wise which is welcome.

I find it hilarious Josh Warren prowls the Darkness radio chatroom in an attempt to sell his silly wishing machines.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
I agree, he's not bad.  And he's kind of upbeat energy-wise which is welcome.

Good point.....he DOES have energy and asks the questions that I would ask.

You know, Zeeb......with so many substitute hosts on Coast, it seems apparent to me that SOMETHING is going on in reconfiguring the hosting schedule.  Noory stated (prior to his diatribe about Art's return) that he and Premiere have completed a long term contract which was extremely satisfying to Noory.  However, his voice betrayed his "satisfaction".  He sounded strange and nervous.  I suspect that it is possible that George will lose Fridays through Sundays.  I know it is wishful thinking, but we are actually close to that scenario right now.  Did you hear him say during the Art Bell "talk" that he is addicted to Coast and that when he doesn't host on a certain nights he feels lost....yearning to be "on"?  That tells us that there are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays that Noory is available, but not hosting.  Uhhhhmmmmm????

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 02, 2015, 02:32:03 AM
I find it hilarious Josh Warren prowls the Darkness radio chatroom in an attempt to sell his silly wishing machines.

I would like to know how it compares to Connie Will-- I mean, Dr. Mulder's wishing machine, please.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 02, 2015, 12:59:06 PM
..with so many substitute hosts on Coast, it seems apparent to me that SOMETHING is going on in reconfiguring the hosting schedule.  ...

Yeah I gotta admit, I was kinda surprised when Noory did his whole 10-year contract celebration and then right away re-upped for another contract - "till we have colonies on Mars" as he described it.  I thought maybe he'd scale back a bit but I think he just can't let go of his anchor position even though half the time he sounds bored and impatient just slogging through it. 

They do seem to be fishing around for other hosts but they seem to only get the weekend gigs when George is off attending his self-improvement events or karaoke contests or whatever he does.

Btw, true story, it was two years ago, after that infamously awful 10th Anniversary show sent me over the edge, that I landed here at the sanctuary that is bellgab.  And I still don't think we're any closer to that damn Mars colony.

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2015, 07:29:14 PM
...Btw, true story, it was two years ago, after that infamously awful 10th Anniversary show sent me over the edge, that I landed here at the sanctuary that is bellgab.  And I still don't think we're any closer to that damn Mars colony.

NASA did have that succesful flight of tbeir Orion crew capsule.  That's progress, I think.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 02, 2015, 08:01:53 PM
NASA did have that succesful flight of tbeir Orion crew capsule.  That's progress, I think.

Nice, I'll take it.

LW

Quote from: zeebo on February 03, 2015, 12:34:09 AM
Nice, I'll take it.

In 1969 I was sitting on the edge of the couch watching the moon shot, the rockets carrying men to space was incredible.

Now 46 years later watching basically the same rockets (with what looks like Russian design) in test phase is just sad.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 02, 2015, 07:29:14 PM
Yeah I gotta admit, I was kinda surprised when Noory did his whole 10-year contract celebration and then right away re-upped for another contract - "till we have colonies on Mars" as he described it.  I thought maybe he'd scale back a bit but I think he just can't let go of his anchor position even though half the time he sounds bored and impatient just slogging through it. 

They do seem to be fishing around for other hosts but they seem to only get the weekend gigs when George is off attending his self-improvement events or karaoke contests or whatever he does.

Btw, true story, it was two years ago, after that infamously awful 10th Anniversary show sent me over the edge, that I landed here at the sanctuary that is bellgab.  And I still don't think we're any closer to that damn Mars colony.

Well, at least that 10 year anniversary brought you to us!  Something good came out of your frustration!   ;)