• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 24, 2015, 04:08:47 AM
I can't argue with that. 

I just heard the intro to the show on the rebroadcast while typing this and Dave said she had the experience 'one too many times.'

It's as if she dropped acid to the Jimi Bigfoot Experience.

zeebo

Haven't listened to Schrader much, but gotta say he was ok.  He raised some obvious questions which Noory would've avoided, and yet still gave the guest some benefit of the doubt, which I'm sure was a stretch.  Wish he'd have bumped her and just had general open lines, but anyway I'll check out some more of his shows I think.

Quote from: zeebo on January 24, 2015, 04:14:58 AM
Haven't listened to Schrader much, but gotta say he was ok.  He raised some obvious questions which Noory would've avoided, and yet still gave the guest some benefit of the doubt, which I'm sure was a stretch.  Wish he'd have bumped her and just had general open lines, but anyway I'll check out some more of his shows I think.

Shoot, you're talking about reasoned grammatical speech and professionalism and making sense.  I'm not on here for any of that.  I can't take it when George is gone.  My hands begin to shake if I haven't had my nightly fix of Noory's loony tunes.  Sure, the other hosts will rekindle your faith in decent broadcasting, but only Noory can ooze in and out of your ears like they need some Dinovite.

Loved this show, wacky callers.

Reach out to the bigfoot and tell them thank you...and everything will change for you.

Zetaspeak

Wow was some of the callers super aggressive against her. I'm sure she was blindsided by that, as normally you have Noory along with the callers nodding their heads in agreement with the most absurd bs.

I also think Schrader handled the interview perfectly, I think she was too entertaining to let go, but way too many holes in her story not to at least get questioned.

ItsOver

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 24, 2015, 01:02:37 AM

We have weresquirrels in ours.

[attachimg=1]
Weresquirrels in your trees?  OMG.  Your claim must be true, since you've posted a pic.  Here's a shot of one of my flying monkeys, sharing quality time with my mother-in-law.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 24, 2015, 02:47:06 AM
"It won't sound as weird and unbelievable if you'll just buy my book and help me make my payments on this dump."
The truth is, there are plenty of Bigfoot nuts listening who'll do just that; probably enough to pay the place off. I won't be surprised to see her on Noory's next traveling freak show roster. I listened for the first hour and gave up. I think sasquatch is entertaining nonsense but her story was one of the most obvious fictions on C2C ever.  Schrader knew it but was entirely too polite; should have ripped her a new one, as Bell would have.  But that would mean open lines and he too probably realizes that C2C open lines is now generally a waste of electrons. Or perhaps he would have violated some deal C2C/PNR has with publishers for airing authors (!!) on book tours

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 24, 2015, 12:22:32 PM
The truth is, there are plenty of Bigfoot nuts listening who'll do just that; probably enough to pay the place off. I won't be surprised to see her on Noory's next traveling freak show roster. I listened for the first hour and gave up. I think sasquatch is entertaining nonsense but her story was one of the most obvious fictions on C2C ever.  Schrader knew it but was entirely too polite; should have ripped her a new one, as Bell would have.  But that would mean open lines and he too probably realizes that C2C open lines is now generally a waste of electrons. Or perhaps he would have violated some deal C2C/PNR has with publishers for airing authors (!!) on book tours
to make things worse Schrader had this lady on his own show recently and so could've prepared to grill her better. The interview was basically the same one he did on his show. Even the same stories and anecdotes and commentary by him. Poor performance and choice of guest. I hope tonight's is better.

Look at the first sentence of the book, "100 Bigfoot Nights:  A Chilling True Story," written by last night's author:

"It all started as a howl, and to this day, we regret having heard it."

What?

Now, a regret can be expressed about something you intentionally did.  Hearing something you had no control over can hardly be regretted.  You can't regret having experienced a strong wind that destroyed some trees on your property.

Can you imagine how many other similar mind-poops are in this self-published bungle? 

Get this:  It has 112 customer reviews -- more than scores of serious science books for the general public.

The paperback sequel, "100 Bigfoot Nights:  The Nightmare Continues" was picked up and published by the prestigious something called "Vegas Pulse" two days before last Halloween and already has 26 customer reviews.

The Noorification of America continues -- or as George might blurt, as he discusses the concept of time,  "It just doesn't stop."

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 24, 2015, 05:19:49 PM
Look at the first sentence of the book, "100 Bigfoot Nights:  A Chilling True Story," written by last night's author:

"It all started as a howl, and to this day, we regret having heard it."

What?

Now, a regret can be expressed about something you intentionally did.  Hearing something you had no control over can hardly be regretted.  You can't regret having experienced a strong wind that destroyed some trees on your property.

Can you imagine how many other similar mind-poops are in this self-published bungle? 

Get this:  It has 112 customer reviews -- more than scores of serious science books for the general public.

The paperback sequel, "100 Bigfoot Nights:  The Nightmare Continues" was picked up and published by the prestigious something called "Vegas Pulse" two days before last Halloween and already has 26 customer reviews.

The Noorification of America continues -- or as George might blurt, as he discusses the concept of time,  "It just doesn't stop."

Yep, Noory and his ilk are padding their wallets by destroying American society and its future.  When it all falls apart, and poverty, disease, and war come with no great American innovators to stop it -- and in fact hastening it because they've been taught superstition and nonsense -- The Noory gang could collectively become the greatest mass murderers in history.  I hope Noory at least takes a vacation and gets some enjoyment out of his ill-gotten salary instead of spending all day every day hanging out with Tommy in the studio and writing alimony cheques.

albrecht

You know a guest is bad when you have callers like "Annie from Alabama" questioning her and sounding more rational than the guest! Schrader failed last night, I'm hoping tonight is better. Either way it is better than Norry.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 24, 2015, 05:19:49 PM

"...and to this day, we regret having heard it."

I can commiserate...like I felt after the first Noory show.

Uncle Duke

Not quite sure what to make of last night's guest.  To say she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer is an understatement, but don't think she was the typical C2C scam artist.  If for no other reason, she didn't come across as being bright enough or having her story down well enough to scam anyone with an above room temperature IQ.  Her story had so many holes in it and she told it so poorly I can't imagine her writing a book without serious ghostwriting.  I did like the diversity of callers to this guest, although she answered questions in the same stream-of-consciousness prattle as she told her story.

The more I hear Schrader, the more I like him.  He's not as gifted or smooth an interviewer as Art or Ian, but he at least asks intelligent questions (unlike Noory) and doesn't lob softball, leading questions to his paranormal topic guests (like Knapp).  He's not shy in asking questions that challenge, even trip up his guests.  To me, the weakest part of his game is his handling of callers. Even on open lines, he lets callers go on and on without trying to get them to their point (assuming they have one). If Falkie ever got in with Schrader, the call would go an entire segment.

ItsOver

Good pegging of Good Dave.  Yes, I don't want to hear a  AAA Billl call-in with him.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 24, 2015, 08:17:27 PM
Not quite sure to make of last night's guest.  To say she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer is an understatement, but don't think she was the typical C2C scam artist.  If for no other reason, she didn't come across as being bright enough or having her story down well enough to scam anyone with an above room temperature IQ.  Her story had so many holes in it and she told it so poorly I can't imagine her writing a book without serious ghostwriting.  I did like the diversity of callers to this guest, although she answered questions in the same stream-of-consciousness prattle as she told her story.

The more I hear Schrader, the more I like him.  He's not as gifted or smooth an interviewer as Art or Ian, but he at least asks intelligent questions (unlike Noory) and doesn't lob softball, leading questions to his paranormal topic guests (like Knapp).  He's not shy in asking questions that challenge, even trip up his guests.  To me, the weakest part of his game is his handling of callers. Even on open lines, he lets callers go on and on without trying to get them to their point (assuming they have one). If Falkie ever got in with Schrader, the call would go an entire segment.
I agree with most of your comments, the issue I have is that Schrader had her as a guest on his show last month so should've either been prepared to question more (or, maybe, not even schedule for C2C.) The same stories (though on Darkness radio it was more coherent) by the guest and, basically, the same anecdotes and also same, or very similar, questions by Dave. I actually liked the callers and letting them go on, a bit, verses the totally screening and cut-off (or bad phone) of Tommy/Norry. But you are right there were some points where he should've taken charge of callers. I'm not sure who was screening in the first place. Interesting that the usual "Brother John," with his spiel before every comment, and "Annie from Alabama" (who strangely sounded coherent and more rational than guest) got thru. Better than Norry, but not up to Schrader's usual. I hope better tonite.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 24, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I agree with most of your comments, the issue I have is that Schrader had her as a guest on his show last month so should've either been prepared to question more (or, maybe, not even schedule for C2C.) The same stories (though on Darkness radio it was more coherent) by the guest and, basically, the same anecdotes and also same, or very similar, questions by Dave. I actually liked the callers and letting them go on, a bit, verses the totally screening and cut-off (or bad phone) of Tommy/Norry. But you are right there were some points where he should've taken charge of callers. I'm not sure who was screening in the first place. Interesting that the usual "Brother John," with his spiel before every comment, and "Annie from Alabama" (who strangely sounded coherent and more rational than guest) got thru. Better than Norry, but not up to Schrader's usual. I hope better tonite.

I had the impression all of Schrader's C2C guests were Darkness Radio retreads.  I thought he cherry-picked guests he felt most comfortable with to do C2C, figuring he had their story down well enough from his local show interview with them.  Interesting you say last night's guest was coherent on DR, might explain why he brought her on C2C and why he sounded so exasperated with her on a couple occasions.  There was one point where I thought he was going to ask her straight up if she was a neanderfuck.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 24, 2015, 08:56:25 PM

I had the impression all of Schrader's C2C guests were Darkness Radio retreads.  I thought he cherry-picked guests he felt most comfortable with to do C2C, figuring he had their story down well enough from his local show interview with them.  Interesting you say last night's guest was coherent on DR, might explain why he brought her on C2C and why he sounded so exasperated with her on a couple occasions.  There was one point where I thought he was going to ask her straight up if she was a neanderfuck.
You could be right. To be honest I was listening to the Darkness show with her on it while doing working in my garage and with the drills, compressor, etc noise-so was more back-ground talk than real listening. But enough of the stories was remembered during last nights show. So subliminal listening must work! She seemed more "together" (but still not at "there" in terms of how one would handle activity on one's property) on Darkness but I could be wrong cause wasn't paying as much attention.  It did seems like he was going to call her totally out at one point last night...idk at certain point when you get a guest about Bigfeet stalking one's house you know what you are going to get. Especially after the original show. Will be interesting if Dave's challenge to go down there with real equipment happens or if she denies and story quickly goes away!

Quote from: albrecht on January 24, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
You could be right. To be honest I was listening to the Darkness show with her on it while doing working in my garage and with the drills, compressor, etc noise-so was more back-ground talk than real listening. But enough of the stories was remembered during last nights show. So subliminal listening must work! She seemed more "together" (but still not at "there" in terms of how one would handle activity on one's property) on Darkness but I could be wrong cause wasn't paying as much attention.  It did seems like he was going to call her totally out at one point last night...idk at certain point when you get a guest about Bigfeet stalking one's house you know what you are going to get. Especially after the original show. Will be interesting if Dave's challenge to go down there with real equipment happens or if she denies and story quickly goes away!
Heilsa,All!
Shrader had me going because of his aside about ufo-logy.."Ovnis-ism"?When he was suggesting that,he would personally round up some serious cryptid research staffers/associates and equipment volunteering to go in-to the deep woods in the deep south,where there seem three species of cryptids i think--and,he mentioned in an throw-away aside that he'd been some-times past to the ranch near trout lake,mt.st.hellens,owned by james gilliland.
His claim that he'd seen amazing ufo activity around mount adams floored me.
Many local yokels take mr.gilliland as an obvious loon,but maybe mr.schrader knows something they don't.
Can any-one here call in to-night and elicit more about his past visit to the eponymous ranch?
I'm not phone-enhanced,and my esp is cutting out pretty often,i blame the Ramtha crowd near here...
"B_B"

AvDaBr

An English nanny tells horror stories.  A nanny named Stephen no less.

Quote from: AvDaBr on January 25, 2015, 12:19:24 AM
An English nanny tells horror stories.

Supernaturalfragilisticexpialidocious

zeebo

Cool, Bigfoots with cloaking devices.  Why was this not on Star Trek?

I dunno, folks . . .

Think I'll have to go with my all-purpose Portal Hamburger Helper on this one.

Dave . . . please . . .  shut up.  Your accent just isn't as sweet.

She says "boodies" for "bodies."

I wish George was on tonight.

He'd be knee-deep in portals by now.

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 12:43:59 AM
Cool, Bigfoots with cloaking devices.  Why was this not on Star Trek?

Because the mugato didn't need them.  They used fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency.  The extent of their devotion to the Pope has never been determined, but is generally assumed to be tepid at best.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 25, 2015, 01:06:52 AM

Because the mugato didn't need them.  They used fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency.  The extent of their devotion to the Pope has never been determined, but is generally assumed to be tepid at best.

[attachimg=1]

Oh how niave. It's just what 'they' want you to think. Haven't you seen a Vatican tenticle?

I like her accent.  She sounds like every actress who played the endearingly daft, cheeky, and fetchingly hot waitress or shop girl in all those droll British comedies set in picturesque little towns populated by charming eccentrics. 

zeebo

Because the mugato didn't need them....

We need a Mugato v. Gorn movie.

Her accent is so hot I ate a scone.

[attachimg=1]

Every time I scroll past that picture I see Ed Grimley standing over Cosmo Kramer