• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

Hog

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 14, 2021, 05:47:49 AM
Well this would suck.

Wow, that would suck.
Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2021, 02:45:30 PM
Yes, this binary way of thinking also happens with the 'vaccine debates' in normal times. Even calling it a 'vaccine debate' starts it off in a wrong direction.  The question/debate should be about a particular vaccine, not all vaccines. Not all vaccines, for all diseases. But for single manufacturer's vaccine for a specific disease (or group of them.) Weigh the risks of the disease. Weigh the risks of the vaccine. Look at longitudinal, and better yet generational, studies. Discuss the efficacy of the vaccine. Discuss the possible side-effects. Discuss the price and cost to the economy and individual. Discuss the prevalence of the disease. The personal risk (for example I don't have much risk of Yellow Fever but if I were traveling to parts of Africa I might get even though the vaccine is not a greatly effective one.) And so on. It is nuts to say ALL vaccines are bad, in all circumstances. Likewise it is NUTS to say that everyone should take EVERY vaccine for EVERY disease.

Great points.

peace
Hog

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on January 16, 2021, 09:37:21 PM
Wow, that would suck.Great points.

peace
Hog
They shouldn't be "great points." But basic points. That is what is so sad. And I probably missed some other points, to which people of medical or of statistical training should've pointed out.

albrecht

Karmala/Biden elected so now Yahoo news and associated 'news' sources are starting to admit interesting things, like lock-downs and shut-ins are dangerous and might not be effective.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2-covid-precautions-may-not-135247090.html

"The findings showed there is "no clear, significant" benefit to lockdowns and business closures." 

"In fact, stay-at-home orders could potentially increase the spread of COVID."

WOTR

Quote from: Hog on January 16, 2021, 10:44:39 AM
Excellent post.  Clear cogent reasons for not hand sanitizing 200 times a day. NOT a simple "I dont like to follow rules so I dont."  The "black and white" thinking going on in North America is absent from your post.

1)You state that your personal biosecurity isn't at 100% for COVID19 as it's not airborne  If a disease such as ebola was the disease at hand, you biosecurity practices would change.  2) That when you visited a hospice, you adjusted your behaviour. If you were working at a LTCF(Long Term Care Facility) you would also adapt.

You post was a refreshing read in a world of no empathy, from MY side of view only, black and white-all or nothing thinking.  You made decisions based on facts and acted accordingly.  I knew that you were well trained in PPE. The people I interact with make bad choices, mainly out of ignorance, unfortunately many of them are healthcare workers that should know better.

And I agree 100%, people are tiring and are slipping up.   There's one local nursing home that's over 1/2 infected both the residents and the staff.  It's such a sad situation.

I'm in Woodstock ON, IIRC do you live in SW ON, or at least pass through every so often?  No biggie, I'm just curious.

peace
Hog

Thanks, man. I'll start with the easy one. I'm in AB. I used to get to Ontario a few times with work- but all travel has been banned without approval from the CEO... I'm honestly not certain when / if I will be through again.

I really do wish that there were an easy way to get rid of the disease. I know many who (as you say) make bad choices out of ignorance- and I know some who do know better and don't care (a nurse who is an admitted "mask moron.") I really don't know the answer...

We have similar problems with nursing homes here. But the government is still allowing stupid practices. "Home care" nurses are not restricted to one facility. So while the staff can be careful and prevent the spread, the residents home care nurse can be helping a senior with covid take a bath one hour and in a highly populated seniors center the next. There really are still some very stupid things being allowed...

pate

Quote from: WOTR on January 17, 2021, 08:22:50 PM
...I really do wish that there were an easy way to get rid of the disease...

If it had killed all the Stupid on the planet, it would have "self-solved";  unfortunately hear we (collectively) are:  Fat, Stupid and Ugly with no end in sight...

The masks, at least;  are an analgesic for the Ugly part but I demand moar progress!

Well this isn't exactly super news.

Israel’s virus czar says 1st dose less effective than Pfizer indicated â€" report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-virus-czar-says-1st-dose-less-effective-than-pfizer-indicated-report/

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 19, 2021, 10:10:15 PM

Israel’s virus czar says 1st dose less effective than Pfizer indicated â€" report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israels-virus-czar-says-1st-dose-less-effective-than-pfizer-indicated-report/
And the Homeland, a place of refuge and reorganization, uses terms like "czar?" I understand most people don't know history but, of all people, the Joose, know. The Pale. The Pogroms. THe evil Czars (or Tsars?) They study history incessantly, albeit with a certain bent or, angle. Still strange that they would use that term. Maybe why it was Not capitalized, but just 'czar?' We are used to it also, unfortunately, almost as much like everything here is deemed a 'war on X' (cue Carlin rants. X=poverty, X=terrorism,X=drugs, X-racism, X=homelessness, and so on.) Hahaha.

ps: there vaccines are still hard to find down here. Lots of talk but "lists"and "sign ups" and most places won't even let you unless they have. Though for routine stuff they demand rapid tests. But in other counties more rural they have them? Strange.

Silphion

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2021, 10:25:33 PM
ps: there vaccines are still hard to find down here. Lots of talk but "lists"and "sign ups" and most places won't even let you unless they have. Though for routine stuff they demand rapid tests. But in other counties more rural they have them? Strange.

Old marketing strategy - curtail supply and increase the demand.

albrecht

Quote from: Silphion on January 19, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
Old marketing strategy - curtail supply and increase the demand.
It IS interesting. Like how NJ is saying "smokers" are now getting another priority for the jab but not in adjacent States. And how "lines" are made where one street can have restaurants etc open but not the same type of place a block other due to the "lines." And how big box stores can be open but not a local store. Liquor stores ok but don't go out for a run or go to a park. Protest for a BLM but don't go to church. Strange times.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2021, 11:04:11 PM
It IS interesting. Like how NJ is saying "smokers" are now getting another priority for the jab but not in adjacent States. And how "lines" are made where one street can have restaurants etc open but not the same type of place a block other due to the "lines." And how big box stores can be open but not a local store. Liquor stores ok but don't go out for a run or go to a park. Protest for a BLM but don't go to church. Strange times.

The Dems always sell hope while delivering despair.

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 19, 2021, 10:10:15 PM

The only thing surprising about that is that they actually admit it and allow it in print.*

*Unless it is to let us know that even after every last person gets vaccinated we will still be observing social distancing, lockdowns, masks and other joys of modern life because... Well... It just was not effective enough to protect everybody. Get us used to the idea that there is no hope for "normal" starting right now.

Silphion

Quote from: WOTR on January 20, 2021, 12:20:39 AM
The only thing surprising about that is that they actually admit it and allow it in print.*

*Unless it is to let us know that even after every last person gets vaccinated we will still be observing social distancing, lockdowns, masks and other joys of modern life because... Well... It just was not effective enough to protect everybody. Get us used to the idea that there is no hope for "normal" starting right now.

There are many years in the agenda yet.

2025?

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on January 20, 2021, 12:20:39 AM

So much for caring about First Nation people. 

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/man-freezes-to-death-steps-from-montreal-shelter-after-public-health-makes-beds-off-limits-1.5271305

"Freeze to death in a portable shitter Injun because we don't want you to get the 'Rona or be warm and live!"

Asuka Langley

Biden is dropping the ball we are already at 8000 dead and counting

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Asuka Langley on January 20, 2021, 11:18:57 PM

He’s doing it right.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2021, 11:19:45 PM
He’s doing it right.

Schmoozing with pedo's like Tom Hanks?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Asuka Langley on January 20, 2021, 11:21:49 PM
Schmoozing with pedo's like Tom Hanks?

Sorry, where in your last post was there anything about Hanks? You’re getting as obtuse as Jackstar.

Gd5150

Quote from: Asuka Langley on January 20, 2021, 11:18:57 PM

How dare he. He’s stealing the children’s dreams.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 21, 2021, 12:14:21 AM
How dare he. He’s stealing the children’s dreams.

Meh, he already stole their innocence. Why not their dreams too?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgyUHnFZDq0

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2021, 11:29:18 AM
So much for caring about First Nation people. 

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/man-freezes-to-death-steps-from-montreal-shelter-after-public-health-makes-beds-off-limits-1.5271305

"Freeze to death in a portable shitter Injun because we don't want you to get the 'Rona or be warm and live!"

I've said for awhile that it is kind of funny. They were top news story for a few months. There was talk about legal and political actions. And the BLM came and I never heard another peep about the injuns. I pointed this out to a few people I knew and laughed at just how well a group that is not marginalized (much) in Canada managed to destroy the momentum of a group that is.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on January 21, 2021, 12:37:21 AM
I've said for awhile that it is kind of funny. They were top news story for a few months. There was talk about legal and political actions. And the BLM came and I never heard another peep about the injuns. I pointed this out to a few people I knew and laughed at just how well a group that is not marginalized (much) in Canada managed to destroy the momentum of a group that is.

I looked it up. Black people comprise less than 3% of your country’s population...SUCKERS! ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 20, 2021, 06:32:54 PM
More bad news from Feigl-Ding

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1351686170044989442

I already heard that yesterday. But don't worry. The vaccines will still work "because they produce a stronger immune response than the actual virus..."

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2021, 12:41:37 AM
I looked it up. Black people comprise less than 3% of your country’s population...SUCKERS! ;D

Maybe that explains why almost everybody at the BLM looked to be white?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on January 21, 2021, 12:46:51 AM
Maybe that explains why almost everybody at the BLM looked to be white?  ???

No, but THE biggest problem in your country is systemic racism against that 3%. Haven’t you been paying attention, you white supremacist racist?! >:(

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on January 21, 2021, 12:37:21 AM
If anybody has a case to complain it isn't the blacks- who get all kinds of government give-aways and preferential treatment for jobs, media, sports, and school entry and 'social promotion' -but the Indians.

The diminutive Dr. Fauci is having a presser on CNN and looks positively gleeful at the latest new strain being so infectious. He was unmasked so you could see him smile. The camera won't pan out to let us Know if he is standing on a milk crate or if they simply use a smaller dais. I imagine him living in like a fair funhouse where everything is smaller than normal. The reporters wear masks and ask questions and Dr.Fauci is laughing. I have on mute so don't know he is so happy about except the new strains and Biden doing some Executive Orders.