• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 11:20:12 PM
I've been listening to Art's shows from the 90's lately, and it sounds like she's trying out that fast-slow rhtythm and somewhat emphatic articulation style that he always employed to create a sense of drama and anticipation.  It's really hard to do actually, breaking up sentences like that - the mind wants to complete a thought before pausing, and you can easily lose track of the rhythm after a beat.

It's cool that she's trying it out - I've always loved that flair of showmanship that he's so good at that it sounds totally natural for him.  That's why everyone else doing podcasts sounds like they're just shooting the shit - they're not using any of that theatrical presentation style.  Howard Hughes is good at it too; it takes a lot of practice.

I think you're on to something here. It's a talent in itself.

Uncle Duke

What a goofball.  Romantics and idealists make terrible investigators.

Element 115

Quote from: Chronaut on December 28, 2015, 11:20:12 PM
I've been listening to Art's shows from the 90's lately, and it sounds like she's trying out that fast-slow rhtythm and somewhat emphatic articulation style that he always employed to create a sense of drama and anticipation.  It's really hard to do actually, breaking up sentences like that - the mind wants to complete a thought before pausing, and you can easily lose track of the rhythm after a beat.

It's cool that she's trying it out - I've always loved that flair of showmanship that he's so good at that it sounds totally natural for him.  That's why everyone else doing podcasts sounds like they're just shooting the shit - they're not using any of that theatrical presentation style.  Howard Hughes is good at it too; it takes a lot of practice.

Yes true, it can be done naturally as well. Art does that naturally and I've heard others who have that natural way of breaking up sentences for drama and anticipation. I know exactly what you mean, I've listened to Art since the 90s.

Ciardelo

Quote from: DeltaBravo on December 28, 2015, 11:21:32 PM
Listening to Heather Wade is like listening to the "Bookstore Girl" from the 40 Year Old Virgin in the worst posable way. Ugh.

Keep listening and be sure to tell everybody how much you hate it :) Everybody is dying to hear from you!

K_Dubb

Sounds like she has a stuffy nose.  Probably just nyquil.

trostol

he does know that pretty much we could all live in one place..uncomfortably but rather easily right?

SciFiAuthor

Insane. Paul Ehrlich's claims in the "Population Bomb" were discredited long ago. The silly fucker predicted that we'd run out of aluminum by the early 90's.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 28, 2015, 11:20:04 PM
I've been listening on Soundcloud. So, Deep Talk through TuneIn plays Dark City live then?

Not live but new shows, yes. Last thing I'm saying about it in this thread. This isn't a thread about it and I don't feel comfortable talking about it in this thread.

Element 115

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 11:22:39 PM
I don't think Dark City has gone live yet.

Dark City rules, I don't think it is live yet though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 11:21:28 PM
yessir.

Thanks! I'll try tuning in live next time. Do you know when the next show is?

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 11:22:39 PM
I don't think Dark City has gone live yet.
As live as it can be. I think it played before the show was posted at least. I don't think Steve is ever going to be "live." But what the hell do I know? He hasn't really said has he?

Uncle Duke

C'mon, let's get to June and her silly ass claims.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on December 28, 2015, 11:24:05 PM
Not live but new shows, yes. Last thing I'm saying about it in this thread. This isn't a thread about it and I don't feel comfortable talking about it in this thread.

Sorry to mention it again but . . .  ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 28, 2015, 11:24:56 PM
Thanks! I'll try tuning in live next time. Do you know when the next show is?
Schedules are posted at http://www.deeptalkradio.com/  ;D

DeltaBravo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 11:23:20 PM
Keep listening and be sure to tell everybody how much you hate it :) Everybody is dying to hear from you!

Trust me. I'll keep you posted.

GravitySucks

I hear ya. It's not often I catch Ciaradelo in an oops. He is usually spot on.

Element 115

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 11:24:58 PM
As live as it can be. I think it played before the show was posted at least. I don't think Steve is ever going to be "live." But what the hell do I know? He hasn't really said has he?

I thought his question meant live in the literal sense.

MemeMagic

Ciardelo, are you posting in the 4chan thread?

Ciardelo

Right. OK. You're right.  :D

Ciardelo

Quote from: MemeMagic on December 28, 2015, 11:26:33 PM
Ciardelo, are you posting in the 4chan thread?
Never have. never will. Are they doing a good job?  :D

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Sean92008 on December 28, 2015, 11:18:33 PM
Don't know what she's on... He's on crack  (206-722-3000 how many times).

Eh, not enough of a "sample size" but she just inflects in a condescending way.  Killing stream.

Does she sound that way in personal one-on-one conversations, I wonder? Because radio hosting is just another personal one-on-one conversation, albeit with tens of thousands of listeners (or somewhat less in this case, I'd guess.)

maureen

MemeMagic

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 11:27:35 PM
Never have. never will. Are they doing a good job?  :D
They're pretending to be you.