• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Morgus on December 23, 2015, 11:09:19 PM

Heather's 7 year old cat "Layla"

My avatar has a crush on her. I wonder if they could go on a date.

Auslandia

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2015, 11:32:24 AM
Auslandia damnit! Damnit, damnit damnit!

You've got those crazy kids over there on that forum where they can't spell saying "I" was the one who started a rumor about RCH and how he was turned into a ghey in jail!

You need to walk that shit back STAT!

Lol merry Christmas.  Seriously there's nothing wrong with RCH!  We're all happy for him too!

bellNwhistle

I'm dozens of pages behind, but this shit is going to keep be talked to death until they finally just STFU about it. How do they expect the listener to move on if they can't??

Ciardelo

Quote from: Auslandia on December 24, 2015, 11:37:19 AM

Lol merry Christmas.  Seriously there's nothing wrong with RCH!  We're all happy for him too!
Merry Christmas to you too! Certainly there is absolutely nothing wrong with the lifestyle RCH has chosen. We're all a product of our own personal history and experiences aren't we?

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 24, 2015, 11:48:04 AM
I'm dozens of pages behind, but this shit is going to keep be talked to death until they finally just STFU about it. How do they expect the listener to move on if they can't??
Let me drop a dime for you bNw, "superfan" is Dave Noory. Not joking. You should just skip his posts because he is not even a fan in the cool ironic way. Unless you too are a horse beater?

Are you all ready for Santa?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2015, 11:54:06 AM
Let me drop a dime for you bNw, "superfan" is Dave Noory. Not joking. You should just skip his posts because he is not even a fan in the cool ironic way. Unless you too are a horse beater?

Are you all ready for Santa?

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 24, 2015, 11:06:47 AMWhy should they do a live show?  Do you need something to bitch about on Christmas Eve and Christmas too?

I have an idea. Let's all unplug for a few hours and enjoy the peace and quiet with family and friends.
Yeah, but I'll be home in time for MITD, the booze'll have worn off, and I might be awake enough to listen, or even unable to wind down quickly enough to go right to sleep.

Could say this about most airings of MITD.  What I should be doing is sleeping, so it's not like I need the show.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 24, 2015, 11:06:47 AM
Why should they do a live show?  Do you need something to bitch about on Christmas Eve and Christmas too?

I have an idea. Let's all unplug for a few hours and enjoy the peace and quiet with family and friends.
Or even with a good book. E-book if you can't go completely analog

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Chronaut on December 24, 2015, 01:48:26 AM
Damn - she needs to realize that callers disguising their voices are hecklers to be dropped asap  :/

I'm telling you guys, they need to give her a co-host and a call screener.  In the same studio or not, whatever it takes.  They need to "professional up" a bit.  Spend some time and money and effort to make this work.  Invest in it.

The bottom line, Art didn't get to where he got without a heck of a lot of investment and hard work on his part.  He did the research before having his guests on, he spent time offline doing more research and he developed his craft over years.  His show is a testament to his hard work and effort just as much as his natural skill.

The show can work, but in a competitive market, ya gotta work at it!   8)

Auslandia

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 24, 2015, 01:40:15 PM
I'm telling you guys, they need to give her a co-host and a call screener.  In the same studio or not, whatever it takes.  They need to "professional up" a bit.  Spend some time and money and effort to make this work.  Invest in it.

The bottom line, Art didn't get to where he got without a heck of a lot of investment and hard work on his part.  He did the research before having his guests on, he spent time offline doing more research and he developed his craft over years.  His show is a testament to his hard work and effort just as much as his natural skill.

Meh... Not worth it.

GravitySucks

I don't think she needs one , but she could bring in Aldous. She is comfortable with him. NOT Jazmunda. He has saturated the market. And I don't care for poop stories.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2015, 11:32:24 AM
Auslandia damnit! Damnit, damnit damnit!

You've got those crazy kids over there on that forum where they can't spell saying "I" was the one who started a rumor about RCH and how he was turned into a ghey in jail!

You need to walk that shit back STAT!
RCH was turned into a grey in jail?  That explains a lot.

munbeam666

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 24, 2015, 01:51:51 PM
I don't think she needs one , but she could bring in Aldous. She is comfortable with him. NOT Jazmunda. He has saturated the market. And I don't care for poop stories.
Where is Jazmunda? Haven't noticed him here lately

Ciardelo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 24, 2015, 02:22:20 PM
RCH was turned into a grey in jail?  That explains a lot.
Doesn't it just though? Doesn't it just?

b_dubb

Art could be the call screener. He wouldn't have to go to his studio to do that. He could take calls and screen dweebs from his ham shack.

Chronaut

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 24, 2015, 01:54:18 PM
Think so?  Are we running on empty?

EDIT:  Chaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdHg4QEmBvk

Stardust Ancestor has a Chaga & Grey Goose recipe that sounds downright spectacular - maybe we'll have a better time riding out the transition with a little devil water in the belly.

You're spot on about Art's long years of dedication to research and broadcasting - apparently he was weaned on a mic, and it seems that the depth of this questions and probing follow-up questions stemmed from countless hours researching his favorite topics.  Either of those aspects would've been sufficient for a rise to some level of fame, but the two together represent a daunting challenge for anyone to follow.  Only Heather could answer if that's her intent, but my impression is that she simply stepped in to save the show and hold down the fort to give Art a chance to pull through this thing.

I've been listening to The Paracast for the last year or so, and I was surprised that their two-host approach works well.  Gene Steinberg is a seasoned veteran of UFO-related topics with a ton of broadcasting experience, but he's like 130 now and when he's feeling kinda grumpy and despondent about the stagnation of the field in general, Christopher O'Brien takes the lead and employs his encyclopedic knowledge of the paranormal and his good humor to take the reigns.  And it seems they have a good time working together.

But personally I'm going to support the show for as long as it continues, because as rotten as recent events have been, I don't think Art wants it to end like this and he still loves broadcasting (and maybe even some of his fans).  And Heather strikes me as classy and good-hearted and I want to see her hopeful efforts vindicated.  No matter how you cut it, if the show collapses, the evil mfers win.  And frankly I'm sick of seeing the evil mfers win.

I think you're definitely right that something needs to be done about these jackass hecklers though.  It sounds like Heather is working without the 7-second delay that Art used to deal with these types, and he never had anything like the avalanche of jackals she's up against right now.  Maybe she could manage with a delay, and an ear cocked for iffy-sounding dickwads - because if you're listening for it, your hackles go up within seconds of hearing these guys starting in.  And if she keeps the sound of their voice off the air, they'll lose interest and go scavenging for the next limping zebra to chew on.

bellNwhistle

No offense to Heather, as I"m sure she's lovely, and I think her kitty is cute..  but if it weren't for the fact that Art is now being dangled as a possible random guest host, I would cancel my subscription right this very second. Sad.. I should just stop it anyway. We record the shows as they air, so no need for it.

Most of the shows on DM have a podcast feel- bunch of knuckle heads (no offense, MV) sitting around shooting the shit, with an occasional interview. I'm not into that as a general rule. And Heather, .. I dunno. I hate to sound sexist, but I prefer a male voice. Not just any male's, either.  If the show doesn't feel sophisticated, then it's not for me. This current version of MITD has zero of that. Sorry.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: norland2424 on December 24, 2015, 03:01:38 PM
Did you bring gifts for the whole forum?  ;D.

I have a gigantic sack right here  ;D

LOL  What would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas, norland? Hopefully a better 2016?  Health, happiness, and great paranormal radio for everyone!!

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 24, 2015, 05:04:57 PM
No offense to Heather, as I"m sure she's lovely, and I think her kitty is cute..  but if it weren't for the fact that Art is now being dangled as a possible random guest host, I would cancel my subscription right this very second. Sad.. I should just stop it anyway. We record the shows as they air, so no need for it.

Most of the shows on DM have a podcast feel- bunch of knuckle heads (no offense, MV) sitting around shooting the shit, with an occasional interview. I'm not into that as a general rule. And Heather, .. I dunno. I hate to sound sexist, but I prefer a male voice. Not just any male's, either.  If the show doesn't feel sophisticated, then it's not for me. This current version of MITD has zero of that. Sorry.
Art just now came back this afternoon to quit again, so there's that.

I said I would hang with my sub and I will. I'm just done with caring if Art comes, goes, whatever the hell he is going to do. Merry Christmas Heather Wade! And I guess Layla too? Happy Kitty Christmas cat!

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2015, 05:12:51 PM
Art just now came back this afternoon to quit again, so there's that.

I said I would hang with my sub and I will. I'm just done with caring if Art comes, goes, whatever the hell he is going to do. Merry Christmas Heather Wade! And I guess Lola too? Happy Kitty Christmas cat!

He quit in protest; "Heather's mistreatment." *sigh*

bellNwhistle

Quote from: rekcuf on December 24, 2015, 05:15:21 PM
He quit in protest; "Heather's mistreatment." *sigh*

He can't deny the fact that the show is off to  BUMPY start. I mean, aside from the fact that Heather is actually hosting, what is any different? From a technical stand point, what is ANY different with Art not being on?  Maybe Heather has a new producer now, but really, I don't see why the show should sound less professional, and yet it does.  Yes, she needs time to get comfortable, to figure out how she's going to handle the troll callers..  I get that.

But it's kind of like it's not even MITD, currently.  Hindsight is 20-20, and she didn't have a whole lot of time perhaps, to get in a slew of new guests, but she really needs to be ON HER GAME. Like, ASAP.

And I'm not trying to trash Heather. This is me saying that this show is kind of a roller coaster right now, and it's not even about "waaahh, I want Art Bell back!".  Because I know that's not happening.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 24, 2015, 05:36:27 PM
He can't deny the fact that the show is off to  BUMPY start. I mean, aside from the fact that Heather is actually hosting, what is any different? From a technical stand point, what is ANY different with Art not being on?  Maybe Heather has a new producer now, but really, I don't see why the show should sound less professional, and yet it does.  Yes, she needs time to get comfortable, to figure out how she's going to handle the troll callers..  I get that.

But it's kind of like it's not even MITD, currently.  Hindsight is 20-20, and she didn't have a whole lot of time perhaps, to get in a slew of new guests, but she really needs to be ON HER GAME. Like, ASAP.

And I'm not trying to trash Heather. This is me saying that this show is kind of a roller coaster right now, and it's not even about "waaahh, I want Art Bell back!".  Because I know that's not happening.

I don't care about Heather, TBO. It's nothing personal against her. Comes down to personal taste, I guess.

Anyhow, Art being Art... I wish he'd stop trying to explain his poor decisions. Oh, well.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: rekcuf on December 24, 2015, 05:57:10 PM
I don't care about Heather, TBO. It's nothing personal against her. Comes down to personal taste, I guess.

Anyhow, Art being Art... I wish he'd stop trying to explain his poor decisions. Oh, well.

I guess it's human to want to explain yourself.. he's gotten a lot of shit on the boards, and as much as he does take, he's still got a heart. (I know, not everyone agrees  ::) - not referring to you, rekcuf.. just people).

What I am tired of, is Heather spending time on many of these shows, discussing it. I just don't see how it serves a purpose?

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 24, 2015, 06:00:42 PM
I guess it's human to want to explain yourself.. he's gotten a lot of shit on the boards, and as much as he does take, he's still got a heart. (I know, not everyone agrees  ::) - not referring to you, rekcuf.. just people).

What I am tired of, is Heather spending time on many of these shows, discussing it. I just don't see how it serves a purpose?
Yup--last night with the further having to explain shit is just getting out of hand.

Art put Heather in the chair and she shouldn't have to be spending her time trying to explain anything to the shitposters. Nobody is going to converted or convinced by it.

Now we can spend the next few days talking about Art's shitpost about BellGab? Really? Thanks Art! You da Man!

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 24, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

I agree. It lends credence for having the same discussion about this drama, intentional or not. IMO, Art fucked himself. The whoa-is-me, my family, and mean posts about Heather schtick is tiresome. Very tiresome.  :)