• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: Faustina on April 26, 2018, 10:03:13 PM
Leo is willing, as he has no love for those folks (although says nice things about Art), and has no stake in their game now.

If you can send him a DM, we'd all greatly appreciate it...if not, no biggie... thanks

El Chorro

Tonight's MITD is train-wreck radio with Art Bell. Why run this???

Rocketeer

Quote from: DanTSX on April 26, 2018, 09:57:41 PM
Fuck that could be worth a lot right there depending on what he had....

There are ways to transfer NFA in an estate, but it may have to be family.  I can’t rememver it’s been a while

The firearms could also had been held in a trust, which Keoth would be the trustee.  But you would have to pay the transfer tax to move he guns from individual owned to the trust.

I found this among some inherited estate items* (it was stamped with this, this and the holster had this) and was absolutely shocked at the appraisals it fetched (high five figures).

Felt very weird and dark just to be in the same room with it. 

*bestowed by a veteran of the European theater.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on April 26, 2018, 10:04:19 PM
Lol...why does TX hate OK so much? Never understood that...are they your West Virginia?
We are haterz. Ha. Rivals over some river/land claims. Football n sports. Old, and now, Conferences. Hell, hate rivals in State also. But on basic values (God, Guns, n Guts, basically) we actually agree. But still fight on every level. I found it amazing that on some schools, even Deep South, frats got along or how they would support the team from their conference "SEC, SEC, SEC" etc. No way here. We fight and wish loss on other teams even in Conference.

paladin1991

Quote from: Chine on April 26, 2018, 04:50:50 PM
Is this Chefist on air?
Wait.  WTF:?  Ij've ben deriing all afternoon.  who's on the air?   

paladin1991

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 04:58:24 PM
KYNE is taking calls https://tunein.com/radio/KNYE-951-s34412/

And Art Bell killed himself and left a suicide note*

*this post may or may not be true

MF'r
I'm gonna find yuou.

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on April 26, 2018, 05:17:39 PM
sean's call was the most interesting part.  if you caught that, you pretty much heard all you need to hear.
Mother fucker!  I go off to donat3e sprerm and I miss some 'cast. Whaqt kind of BS ks this?

albrecht

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 10:12:36 PM
I found this among some inherited estate items* (it was stamped with this, this and the holster had this) and was absolutely shocked at the appraisals it fetched (high five figures).

Felt very weird and dark just to be in the same room with it. 

*bestowed by a veteran of the European theater.
Guns, unfortunately, here are usually 'gone' by estate sale. But sometimes ammo and other good stuff found. But I admit some sadness at some. Fuck. Wedding albums? A small guys pressed uniform in a back closet? Kid paintings? Vultures.

DanTSX

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on April 26, 2018, 10:04:24 PM
I doubt Art had anything full auto maybe some suppressors or an SBR

I think the opposite.

The type of person who collected NFA before the internet brought awareness to it in the 2000’s was Art Bell types.  This was back when $3000 for a M-16 was considered outrageous.  Now they are $25k.  Before the internet only weird loner types who had a brain, knew you could get transferable machine guns.   But for those in the know, the market was full of good choices for relatively little additional cost. On the other hand, suppressors and SBR’s were not as much of a thing back then.  There wasn’t as much to put suppressors on.  And SBR / SBS was more of a way to classify guns you found in Grandpa’s attic that had the barrel shortened for easier squirrel exterminating.

paladin1991

!  Mf'rs!  I go go to the VFW andyou guys hagve a show or some shit. 
Suck on  this!

https://youtu.be/vzrYgDnewSI

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on April 26, 2018, 10:12:50 PM
We are haterz. Ha. Rivals over some river/land claims. Football n sports. Old, and now, Conferences. Hell, hate rivals in State also. But on basic values (God, Guns, n Guts, basically) we actually agree. But still fight on every level. I found it amazing that on some schools, even Deep South, frats got along or how they would support the team from their conference "SEC, SEC, SEC" etc. No way here. We fight and wish loss on other teams even in Conference.

https://youtu.be/qqBCurSwK3k

GravitySucks

Quote from: El Chorro on April 26, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

All complaints must be sent to heather@midnightinthedesert.com

El Chorro

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2018, 10:18:40 PM
All complaints must be sent to heather@midnightinthedesert.com

If Noory spent 20 minutes trying to get four people on Skype simultaneouslyâ€"and unsuccessfullyâ€"his permanent nickname would be Skype King George.

#doublestandard

albrecht

Quote from: DanTSX on April 26, 2018, 10:18:14 PM

I think the opposite.

The type of person who collected NFA before the internet brought awareness to it in the 2000’s was Art Bell types.  This was back when $3000 for a M-16 was considered outrageous.  Now they are $25k.  Before the internet only weird loner types who had a brain, knew you could get transferable machine guns.   But for those in the know, the market was full of good choices for relatively little additional cost. On the other hand, suppressors and SBR’s were not as much of a thing back then.  There wasn’t as much to put suppressors on.  And SBR / SBS was more of a way to classify guns you found in Grandpa’s attic that had the barrel shortened for easier squirrel exterminating.
I agree. In 90's this was "a thing" for those in the know. Various SW n gun-show guys talked about it. Had phamplets etc.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 26, 2018, 09:30:35 PM
I get that, but it's been suggested that's why he quit the show and that's why he didn't do the promised guest host slots - guest slots that have been teased right up to this month.  One week he's saying he's he'll fill in for her if she gets arrested at Area 51, the next week he's dead of COPD?

It doesn't really add up.

You don’t know that. Until the autopsy results are in it’s all assumptions.

COPD is typically not a singular disease, especially in the older population. Because the heart and lungs work in tandem, it’s not unusual for COPD patients to have heart conditions such as A Fib, CHF (heart failure), and there is some evidence it’s linked to sudden cardiac death. With the increased work of breathing, COPD patients often have rapid heart rates, further exacerbated by the meds used to treat the condition (inhaled bronchodilators).

http://www.webmd.com/lung/copd/news/20150429/copd-tied-to-raised-risk-for-sudden-cardiac-death

GravitySucks

Quote from: El Chorro on April 26, 2018, 10:21:12 PM
If Noory spent 20 minutes trying to get four people on Skype simultaneouslyâ€"and unsuccessfullyâ€"his permanent nickname would be Skype King George.

#doublestandard

Then why was everyone pissed when he quit?

dsz

Quote from: El Chorro on April 26, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

So true. I'm just waiting to hear this lady's ads while I try to figure out if that pic was taken at Art's place, Keith's, or Heather's.

Sean92008

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 26, 2018, 09:45:55 PM
Huh? I don't speak Californian.
Mass murderers.  The guy who shot up the Colorado theater, the lady that shot up YouTube, and Andrew Cunanan who shot Versace.

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on April 26, 2018, 06:07:42 PM
When I was 11, after about 2,300 lawn mowing jobs, I was able to buy a Uniden Washington base station CB and I had an Antron 99 antenna on a 40 foot tower outside.  I communicated with people all over the world on that bitch, usually lower SSB.  It was modified in order to access "more obscure" frequencies and to output more wattage than legally allowed.  Got me lots of poon.

At 11?  Fuck me.

Catsmile

Quote from: Rocketeer on April 26, 2018, 08:01:10 PM
Is there a Tagalog name for the over-garment he's wearing?

# Yes
# You'll hear it called a Baro which is shortened 4
# Barong Thatz not grammatically correct by itself because it ends with "NG"
# NG Suffix makes the word an adjective, or an adjective must directly follow.
# Barong Tagalog (Tagalog outfit)  is formal Flip attire with a few flavors
# Art is wearing a Wedding style
# Trying 2 Speak Tagalog & Cebuano Breakz My Long Nose <Nose Bleed> 

paladin1991

This should be the new intro to MITD when Heather returns live!

https://youtu.be/QTd3PrTzSPY

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 26, 2018, 10:36:37 PM
At 11?  Fuck me.
Another AB son, maybe bastard, confirmed? Genetic memory: radio, foreign wife, great radio shows?
Praise MV!