• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan Cena

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 12:32:55 AM
i wish..he had money at the end..and a crazy girl..i got nothing

He also shot himself in the head, so you're lucky.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert on April 23, 2016, 12:33:37 AM
None of this explains you out of what to me seems a logical contradiction.  If you don't want to take codeine, what's the harm of having it on the shelf?  And if you do want to take it, shouldn't it be on the shelf?

Dude you're kinda giving me the third degree on this.  Was just a personal anecdote.  I simply felt better not having the tempation around.  Call it a personal weakness or whatever.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2016, 12:34:00 AM
Or he wanted my pork chops.

now i know this is a lie...cupcake wont let you have pork chops lol

trostol

ShayP

Ever since SciFiAuthor became Vegan he's ignored me.  :(

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 12:35:00 AM
now i know this is a lie...cupcake wont let you have pork chops lol

*Shame* Tofu pork-like organic food chops.

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on April 23, 2016, 12:34:59 AM
Dude you're kinda giving me the third degree on this.  Was just a personal anecdote.  I simply felt better not having the tempation around.  Call it a personal weakness or whatever.

dont worry about it buddy, if ya felt ya did the right thing thats all that matters, not what we all say here on bellgab etc.

trostol

hmm..there was a comic sequel to fight club

ShayP

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 23, 2016, 12:35:33 AM
Part of the GOT geography.

Thank you....again.  My lack of that knowledge of that subject is a chink in my armor.

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 23, 2016, 12:36:12 AM
*Shame* Tofu pork-like food chops.

You need to tell cupcake tofu is similar to Soylent Green.

I bet Heather has never heard a Prince song beyond his hits.

ShayP

Quote from: Darth Sandra on April 23, 2016, 12:38:38 AM

I bet she couldn't name one title aside from Purple Rain and Little Red Corvette.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Juan Cena on April 23, 2016, 12:38:01 AM
You need to tell cupcake tofu is similar to Soylent Green.

Sadly, I kinda like tofu if it's in the right context like Chinese hot and sour soup.

trostol

i think half this cup is vodka...god damn

Juan Cena

Quote from: Darth Sandra on April 23, 2016, 12:38:38 AM

She's still one up on Dave then.

Lilith

Has anyone kept count how many times Heather has said "It's heartbreaking"?

Quote from: ShayP on April 23, 2016, 12:39:55 AM
I bet she couldn't name one title aside from Purple Rain and Little Red Corvette.

Summer Summer time!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on April 23, 2016, 12:40:01 AM
i think half this cup is vodka...god damn

What the hell are you doing lol?

Robert

Quote from: zeebo on April 23, 2016, 12:34:59 AMDude you're kinda giving me the third degree on this.  Was just a personal anecdote.  I simply felt better not having the tempation around.  Call it a personal weakness or whatever.
But it's not just you.  I've heard of such contradictory behavior from others.  Maybe you could explain to me what I've been trying to understand for a long time from such acc'ts.

Suppose at a certain time you want to take codeine.  Wouldn't it then mean you did yourself a favor by providing yourself with a supply of it?

What do you gain by depriving yourself of choice?  Just because at a certain time you have something against taking codeine, why should that affect how you feel about it at a later time?

Is it one of these situations where choice is unpleasant?  Too much of a burden to have to think about, so you'd rather not have the choice?  Fear of later regret of a choice you decide after the fact was bad?  I have heard of psychologic experiments wherein cutting down menu choices leaves people feeling more satisfied.  Is that it?