• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150901 - Patrick Burns - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 01, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

Dr_Blue

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 01, 2015, 11:09:03 PM
hmmm...there's something on the recording, just not sure what it is. Weird.
Could it be a hint of a water sound on most of the recordings?

AppealPlay

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  THAT WAS JUST HIM SPEAKING!

GIVE HIM THE BOOT PLEASE

TigerLily

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2015, 11:06:55 PM
I'd prefer "On the Border" or "Old Admirals"
Those are great but my avatar is biased

Robert

Quote from: Oleus on September 01, 2015, 11:02:20 PMYou guys are giving the birds in savannah too much credit. They don't talk much. 

It's his own voice.
Well, Ross Bagdasarian's having been dead for some time, someone had to assume the mantle.
QuoteThis guy is a hack. Say what you will about those GIS people but they seem earnest.  And I was thrilled to hear a savannah-tinged show....

Art seems to be playing along though
His silence at certain points speaks volumes.

We're having "Connection Problems"

ON TO OPEN LINES!

RoseGirl

no sound from the guest?

lol god is laughing at him

Shadow Millie

Well, that's one way to drop him without dropping him.

Oleus

This is terrible.  Maybe the guest left in shame.

AppealPlay

Open Lines, Open Lines, Open Lines

Wanna bet he pulled his connection when he sensed Art was about to call him on his bullshit?  Pretty sure that last recording was just "Patrick" changing his voice slightly.

TigerLily

Patrick bailed.  He knows Art is on to him

MR. Spock

George noory said that producer Tommy Is in the e.r.

Oleus

How about not call him back ... I can't believe art was interested in that last recording.   It was the worst one yet.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 01, 2015, 11:06:55 PM

Electronics and audio expert who pioneered the way in paranormal audio investigations...

...Uses a Blackberry to do his recording and believes doing anymore than 90 seconds of investigation is too much work.

Exactly. Quality matters, I would expect 32 bit 96khz at the least, you can bu ya zoom for a few hundred bucks, since he's a pro photographer one would think he has the dough to pony up for something greater than a blackberry? Also then there maybe mics too, I would expect at least a few hundred bucks on HQ mics too? Do we ask too much, I don't think so.

Oleus

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 11:11:21 PM
Open Lines, Open Lines, Open Lines

Wanna bet he pulled his connection when he sensed Art was about to call him on his bullshit?  Pretty sure that last recording was just "Patrick" changing his voice slightly.

That's what I was thinking. I guess we weren't so lucky.

trostol

Quote from: MR. Spock on September 01, 2015, 11:11:40 PM
George noory said that producer Tommy Is in the e.r.

yeah was mentioned on their page earlier..

George Noory: Please say a prayer for our producer Tom Danheiser who's in the hospital with a pulmonary embolism.

WOTR

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 01, 2015, 11:05:13 PM
I really don't like the idea of EVP's sounding different with each EVP guest. These bird EVP's sound nothing like GIS.
Yeah, they also seem very "mechanical" and repeated.  Two or three repetitions and perfect intervals just seems odd to me.

toast2toast

The guy needs to play the recording and let Art tells him what was heard. By telling us what to hear for then we'll try to hear it.

Designx

First Art drop is warning to the guest to pick up his game - second drop and the guy is done.