• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150901 - Patrick Burns - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 01, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

swordpoint9

Quote from: WOTR on September 01, 2015, 11:59:21 PM
What is he going to do?  Dump every guest that we don't love and go to open lines for three nights a week (until we complain about the callers or how many times each calls in.)  After that it is onto monologues or karaoke when he dumps guest after guest.

Art would be smart to ignore internet criticism in real time.  He built Coast without it and I'm sure he knows that this is not riveting radio. 

I suppose he could always call up Lionel Farnthorpe a few times a week when he dumps guests.  Perhaps we just need to be a little less critical and stop demanding perfection?  If Art brings this guest back next week, I will complain.  Outside of that, it is one night and I'm thrilled that Art is trying to give us something new.
Agreed ?

What is he going to do?  Dump every guest that we don't love and go to open lines for three nights a week (until we complain about the callers or how many times each calls in.)  After that it is onto monologues or karaoke when he dumps guest after guest.

Art would be smart to ignore internet criticism in real time.  He built Coast without it and I'm sure he knows that this is not riveting radio. 

I suppose he could always call up Lionel Farnthorpe a few times a week when he dumps guests.  Perhaps we just need to be a little less critical and stop demanding perfection?  If Art brings this guest back next week, I will complain.  Outside of that, it is one night and I'm thrilled that Art is trying to give us something new.

If the guest is bad, dump em and call up Hoagland to fill in the time. Art and Richard were always gold together.

rozypalm

And for the 5 percent on Windows Phone it's there as well

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 02, 2015, 12:03:33 AM
If the guest is bad, dump em and call up Hoagland to fill in the time. Art and Richard were always gold together.

Richard's in the torsion generator preparing his hair for the show.

The bad shows are sometimes as entertaining as the good ones. I'm not advocating dumping this guy but I am advocating dumping on him.

AppealPlay

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2015, 12:03:56 AM
I had a feeling this guy was gonna suck.

I had high hopes.  I generally like the EVP shows and just assumed he was going to be like the GIS folks.  I was wrong.  Eh, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Dr_Blue

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 02, 2015, 12:04:43 AM
Or he could be at the bowling alley

WOTR

Quote from: norland2424 on September 02, 2015, 12:01:27 AM
you bastard, i lost close friends on that crash  :'( :'( :'(
I believe that was SciFi's second cousin that plane killed.  I recall sending my condolences at the time.

starrmtn001

I'm on hold.  Don't think Art will let me tell my ghost story though.  We'll see.

TigerLily

Excellent point.  I'm complaining a lot tonite but I want Art to ignore us and just do what he does best.

https://youtu.be/cRM7nmui-Ec?t=46s

TASCAM DR-05, 100 bucks.  Clean as a whistle.  Once again, no excuse.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 02, 2015, 12:04:43 AM

Well, we got that going for us.

rozypalm

Time to sync up the Accutron's boy's and girls

Although, I have to admit I got a very strange "evp" in the basement of the Marshall House (also in Savannah) one night around 3AM.

Am I the only one who didn't hear jack shit with that one?  All the others I could hear but that just sounded like background hissing noise from a shitty cell phone call.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WOTR on September 02, 2015, 12:05:47 AM
I believe that was SciFi's second cousin that plane killed.  I recall sending my condolences at the time.

4th cousin twice removed. Fucker owed me $40.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2015, 12:06:39 AM
Although, I have to admit I got a very strange "evp" in the basement of the Marshall House (also in Savannah) one night around 3AM.
Any other experiences?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 02, 2015, 12:06:09 AM
Ghost radar apps are a joke . . . .

Thankfully the UFO detector apps are the real deal.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: TigerLily on September 02, 2015, 12:05:56 AM
Excellent point.  I'm complaining a lot tonite but I want Art to ignore us and just do what he does best.
agreed. Better to have Art.....no matter what.