• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150901 - Patrick Burns - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 01, 2015, 09:20:02 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: AL5J on September 01, 2015, 11:54:45 PM
lm gonna send Art a wormhole msg that it is the consensus of  the vaguely loveable bellgabbers on line tonight that he is doing a helluva job tonight considering Patrick Burns and his android are both full of shit.
Yes!  That will work. ;)

rozypalm

She's glad he's in the other room it gives her time to check her Ashley Madison account

RoseGirl

Quote from: coaster on September 01, 2015, 11:55:43 PM
I know it. He's just making crap up as he goes.

so that's a reason to call me an imbecile?

Shadow Millie

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2015, 11:55:46 PM
He slipped, he clearly said, "My wife's voice comes through this EVP".

He read your post and corrected himself with a childish laugh at the end.

If he's doing a tour with a bunch of people, and he hears a recording of the name of somebody in the tour... wouldn't that more likely be someone else in the tour quietly talking to the person?

RoseGirl

Quote from: coaster on September 01, 2015, 11:57:28 PM
I called him an imbecile, not you.

oh

my bad

please pardon my imbecilic nature.

hehehe

Uncle Duke

I got some really good responses in a cemetary as a teenager in the back seat of a Buick.  I was much younger then.

Juan Cena

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 01, 2015, 11:48:18 PM
Audio and technology expert citing 2009 built-in audio recording program on Blackberry to be the best eh?

2009 Blackberry is the new 1975 Acutron watch.

WOTR

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 01, 2015, 11:52:04 PM
I assumed REDACTED monitored Bellgab during MITD and would be letting Art know the consensus of opinion onf his most loyal fans real time for each show.  Either she's not doing that or Art's ignoring her.  My money is on the latter.
What is he going to do?  Dump every guest that we don't love and go to open lines for three nights a week (until we complain about the callers or how many times each calls in.)  After that it is onto monologues or karaoke when he dumps guest after guest.

Art would be smart to ignore internet criticism in real time.  He built Coast without it and I'm sure he knows that this is not riveting radio. 

I suppose he could always call up Lionel Farnthorpe a few times a week when he dumps guests.  Perhaps we just need to be a little less critical and stop demanding perfection?  If Art brings this guest back next week, I will complain.  Outside of that, it is one night and I'm thrilled that Art is trying to give us something new.

maren

Quote from: WOTR on September 01, 2015, 11:59:21 PM
What is he going to do?  Dump every guest that we don't love and go to open lines for three nights a week (until we complain about the callers or how many times each calls in.)  After that it is onto monologues or karaoke when he dumps guest after guest.

Art would be smart to ignore internet criticism in real time.  He built Coast without it and I'm sure he knows that this is not riveting radio. 

I suppose he could always call up Lionel Farnthorpe a few times a week when he dumps guests.  Perhaps we just need to be a little less critical and stop demanding perfection?  If Art brings this guest back next week, I will complain.  Outside of that, it is one night and I'm thrilled that Art is trying to give us something new.

Good perspective. 

Shadow Millie

I remember listening to Art while in the Grassy Knoll. That was.... ummm.. well, it was fun, yeah it was fun.

Dr_Blue

WATERLOO............Maybe art is sending us a message of what he is going to do next? (with guest)

TigerLily

Tonight's thread (and bumpers) have been way more entertaining than the guest

Uncle Duke

What is he going to do?  Dump every guest  that we don't love and go to open lines for three nights a week (until we complain about the callers or how many times each calls in.)  After that it is onto monologues or karaoke when he dumps guest after guest.

I'd settle for one.

Juan Cena

Quote from: maren on September 01, 2015, 11:58:22 PM
I Am SO Into You!

Okay, I guess we can file that as Yacht Rock.

I'd love to hear Art play some Queefcore once in a while.

SciFiAuthor

Yeah, it was always like this. Some of it works, some doesn't. Gotta go through the pain to get the gold. Last night was gold, tonight, not so much. Never know until you try.

This is a sound test on a Sansa Clip Zip.  It was released roughly the same time as his Blackberry phone, sounds miles better, and only costs 60 dollars max.  This hack has no excuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1VNjr7wGB8