• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

gabrielle

Quote from: BC on January 15, 2016, 09:38:28 PM
I believe it stemmed from nasty comments made about Art's son, and Art got very angry. MV has taken the post down (he said mostly because reasonable people asked him too) which is a good thing because if a court were to find the post libelous (and that's a big IF) and MV was notified but did nothing, he could also be held responsible.

OH.  That explains a lot.  Thank you BC.  That is a whole different ball game....

BC

Didn't mean to bring the other thread into Bella-Haven...sorry. I much prefer learning about solar flares!

serenity

Quote from: BC on January 15, 2016, 09:43:15 PM
Didn't mean to bring the other thread into Bella-Haven...sorry. I much prefer learning about solar flares!

Which is why I stopped frequenting most of the other threads till some of the drama subsides. TY for the explanation BC that clears up a lot. Have a cup of coffee and a solar flare on the house

albrecht

Quote from: BC on January 15, 2016, 09:38:28 PM
I believe it stemmed from nasty comments made about Art's son, and Art got very angry. MV has taken the post down (he said mostly because reasonable people asked him too) which is a good thing because if a court were to find the post libelous (and that's a big IF) and MV was notified but did nothing, he could also be held responsible.
I'm pretty sure that, if US based, MV would not be in trouble. I don't recall but there are some laws (DMCA, CDA, etc) that don't hold IPSs and hosting sites libel even for far, far worse criminal stuff flowing through a site. And with Art being a public figure (in the US at least) it is also much harder to get a charge of defamtion/libel (on the civil side.) Yes, he won that case but that was still a fight and, I think, against the people involved- not WWCR.  Regardless it is in very bad taste and comments like that shouldn't be done. I will never understand it except that the, believed- but not really, anonymity of the 'interwebs' can bring out the worst in people.
ps: not a lawyer, and not even playing one on BG.

Ms. C

Have a wonderful Friday night everyone!

Just want to leave this thought here with these two tunes  ...    8)   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1HC2XXEF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

BC

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2016, 09:55:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that, if US based, MV would not be in trouble. I don't recall but there are some laws (DMCA, CDA, etc) that don't hold IPSs and hosting sites libel even for far, far worse criminal stuff flowing through a site. And with Art being a public figure (in the US at least) it is also much harder to get a charge of defamtion/libel (on the civil side.) Yes, he won that case but that was still a fight and, I think, against the people involved- not WWCR.  Regardless it is in very bad taste and comments like that shouldn't be done. I will never understand it except that the, believed- but not really, anonymity of the 'interwebs' can bring out the worst in people.
ps: not a lawyer, and not even playing one on BG.

You may be right. I read about an ISP's liability to content that is stored on their servers-- "an ISP is not responsible for the information published by their users unless and until they are informed of any infringement; at this point, the ISP should act to remove the content or face legal action themselves."
I do agree with you -- it would be hard for Art to get a conviction and it was in very poor taste.

WhiteCrow

Point is boys and girls.. The legalities don't matter.
MV did the right thing. Getting into a 'principles ' fight with someone,  that has a history of going there, Is a  waste of time and capital. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong, take the course of least resistance..

Sad that it is going this way for Art.. Never want to take away hope, worried about Art.

BC

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 15, 2016, 10:28:42 PM
Point is boys and girls.. The legalities don't matter.
MV did the right thing. Getting into a 'principles ' fight with someone,  that has a history of going there, Is a  waste of time and capital. Doesn't matter who is right or wrong, take the course of least resistance..

Sad that it is going this way for Art.. Never want to take away hope, worried about Art.

Very true, WhiteCrow...and I very much agree with you about Art.

albrecht

Quote from: BC on January 15, 2016, 10:11:27 PM
You may be right. I read about an ISP's liability to content that is stored on their servers-- "an ISP is not responsible for the information published by their users unless and until they are informed of any infringement; at this point, the ISP should act to remove the content or face legal action themselves."
I do agree with you -- it would be hard for Art to get a conviction and it was in very poor taste.
Yah, and libel/defamation is notoriously hard to prove, and often, costly here in the USA. Other places not so much (if allowed.) In the internet age, alas, also one has to consider payback! Some random internet loser posting on a forum? What damages can be reclaimed (IF you win and find him, usually a him, but in some of these bullying/sexting stuff sometimes now, sadly, girls against girls?) It is a crazy world and the normal criminal/civil law we have doesn't really appreciate it, yet. But, then again, I don't like the more draconian 'changes' to try to change it also (extra-international agreements, charging 'kids' with 'sex crimes' or felonies that will eliminate them for ever from jobs etc?)

BC

Quote from: albrecht on January 15, 2016, 10:51:50 PM
Yah, and libel/defamation is notoriously hard to prove, and often, costly here in the USA. Other places not so much (if allowed.) In the internet age, alas, also one has to consider payback! Some random internet loser posting on a forum? What damages can be reclaimed (IF you win and find him, usually a him, but in some of these bullying/sexting stuff sometimes now, sadly, girls against girls?) It is a crazy world and the normal criminal/civil law we have doesn't really appreciate it, yet. But, then again, I don't like the more draconian 'changes' to try to change it also (extra-international agreements, charging 'kids' with 'sex crimes' or felonies that will eliminate them for ever from jobs etc?)

Yes, I agree with you. It would be very hard to prove, and at great cost (time and money)! Sadly, I think Art has already lost.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Ms. C on January 15, 2016, 10:05:52 PM
Have a wonderful Friday night everyone!

Just want to leave this thought here with these two tunes  ...    8)   

Like both songs.. I get-it

And this one is for you Ms C .. I have lots of pockets too..

https://youtu.be/Eh44QPT1mPE

WhiteCrow

Quote from: BC on January 15, 2016, 09:43:15 PM

No worries BC..  you know what's important

https://youtu.be/ozbZ_Hxs9PQ

gabrielle

Serenity, I just checked out your website!!!!  Awesome. :)

serenity

Quote from: gabrielle on January 16, 2016, 07:51:42 AM
Serenity, I just checked out your website!!!!  Awesome. :)

Radio page(s) or blog? And it doesn't matter which one Thank you! Just love for my friends !    Morning Gabrielle. Snowy?

gabrielle

Quote from: serenity on January 16, 2016, 08:00:44 AM
Radio page(s) or blog? And it doesn't matter which one Thank you! Just love for my friends !    Morning Gabrielle. Snowy?

radio pages. ...and yes, we have tons of snow.  It is so beautiful.

serenity

Quote from: brig on January 16, 2016, 08:21:42 AM
Fresh brewed pot of coffee ......on the counter.

Morning Brig. Thank you. Got a fresh cup in my Thomas Kincade log cabin snow mug in solidarity with my friends up in the snowy north. Also looks like Co and parts west are getting hammered as well

GravitySucks

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 16, 2016, 09:31:30 AM
Everything is grand..

Good morning White Crow, et al.

Any football bets I need to know about😎

serenity

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

I don't know. I missed the show (?) last night. WhiteCrow?
Never mind I am a day ahead

serenity

Time for the Saturday post.

Tonight starting at 8PM Central until Midnight Central ( Thats 6 to 10pm Pacific for you guys in Rio Linda ) on http://ksyl.com is: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time.When Art returns to 5/28/96 for a rollicking evening of Open Lines covering such topics as the Chupacabras, legalizing hemp, political scandals, and Roswell.

http://ksyl.com has a live stream listed on their page and they can also be found on Tune-in.
If you are local to NW Louisiana or if the propagation is right, you can hear them on 970AM,
I do not know if the show is in the archive. Jazmunda might have the info on that. However from past info, these may be the "new" classics and may not be in the archive.

For those of you with a bent for nostalgia, from 6pm to 8pm Central, ksyl plays When Radio Was, with old radio shows from the time when "Radio was King!"

Remember "Theres Magic in the Static"
"When you go outside tonight, look to the sky, you never know what you may see"

GravitySucks

Serenity, looks like some weather is coming your way. We are getting it now. Rain training from off the coast, moving east.

serenity

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
Serenity, looks like some weather is coming your way. We are getting it now. Rain training from off the coast, moving east.

I see that wow! Looks like it's still over you too. The temp is dropping outside already also. Strange days indeed

WhiteCrow

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 16, 2016, 09:41:35 AM

Yes in fact there is,  just confirmed them.
I'll PM you and Serenity with bets.

GravitySucks

Good morning all you sleepy heads. I had to make my own bacon and eggs this morning.  What's up with that?

If you have never seen the inside of the space station, this is a pretty cool tour. The video is almost 30 minutes long, so you might need a fresh cup of coffee.

http://youtu.be/SGP6Y0Pnhe4