• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: BellBoy on January 19, 2016, 11:05:24 AM
I've been away so long, I never knew such a thing was possible!  :o

Oh yeah... Most people go for what they call down here "kolaches".  There are two basic kinds.  One is kind of like a roll made out of a bread-like dough, usually on the sweet side and stuffed with sausage, cheese or both - jalapeños too.  The sausage is usually kielbasa-type. Sometimes you can get ham or bacon.

The other kind are more like a Danish. Made out of the same type of sweet, bread like dough with a depression in the center that is filled with cream cheese or preserves.

But I usually go for the breakfast tacos or breakfast burritos. Picture taking a Denver omelet, wrapping it up with a tortilla and including salsa and pick de gallo. I can inhale those.

Lilith

....just a couple thoughts here.  We are not responsible for the decisions other people make.  We are only responsible for our own decisions.  We can offer comfort, we can offer constructive criticism, we can offer humor.  Often these things are not taken the way they are intended.  It is all part of the complicated, confusing human condition.  There are even those who try to make others feel guilty about their constructive criticism, because they are not open to criticism, and want to silence it.  There are others who are open to criticism and welcome it for the sake of their own growth. There are all kinds of people in the world.  The typed forum words, and even the spoken podcast words both are absent the ability to see the facial expressions behind the words, which often leads to incorrect evaluation of typed and spoken words IMO.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 11:24:10 AM
....just a couple thoughts here.  We are not responsible for the decisions other people make.  We are only responsible for our own decisions.  We can offer comfort, we can offer constructive criticism, we can offer humor.  Often these things are not taken the way they are intended.  It is all part of the complicated, confusing human condition.  There are even those who try to make others feel guilty about their constructive criticism, because they are not open to criticism, and want to silence it.  There are all kinds of people in the world.  They typed forum words, and even the spoken podcast words both are absent the ability to see the facial expressions behind the words, which often leads to incorrect evaluation of typed and spoken words IMO.
Very well put. Thanks for being open to this discussion.  :)

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 11:25:14 AM
Very well put. Thanks for being open to this discussion.  :)

I had to correct a few typos, and even add a sentence that I forget in my above post, but thank you for getting my drift  :-*

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 10:46:46 AM
Any of you fine folks enjoy a good cup of tea? I love tea!

A waste of water ....

Lilith

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 19, 2016, 11:35:40 AM
A waste of water ....

Lol's !!  Sometimes I agree, but I love my ginger tea make with fresh ginger root  ;D

morgana213

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 11:38:53 AM
Lol's !!  Sometimes I agree, but I love my ginger tea make with fresh ginger root  ;D
I enjoy green tea with honey, but truly LOVE my coffee.  I thought I'd bring some, along with some pastries.  Enjoy!

morgana213

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 08:46:48 AM
I think what did it was I asked yesterday if someone would really off themselves over a forum and radio show and the answer I got back was 'just wait until the gabcast'. That is when I decided I was out. No one is innocent in all of this. But to have a hand in hurting someone or pushing someone on purpose, no way. This isn't some stranger, this is someone I have interacted with on some level. And even if it was a stranger it is still wrong. I honestly thought about it. What I would do in that situation and how hard it would be. Yes you have to be thicked skinned but at some point, everyone breaks. I guess I just didn't want to be part of that breaking process.
You done good PBS.  :)

morgana213

Quote from: BC on January 19, 2016, 10:12:26 AM

I enjoy BellGab when people post thoughtful comments...and I love the funny one-liners, too. So many clever people! The really ugly posts...not so much.
+1

Lilith

Last Nights gabcast is now posted for anyone who wants to listen to it, but hasn't yet.

http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=10

whoozit

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 08:26:55 AM
I started this post several times and shared with a few privately last night. I am all done participating in anything that could push someone over the edge. I'm not leaving the forum, I am simply done being part of the problem. I apologized to Heather. I am sure I will get backlash from the board as I was very critical of her. But after what I consider a spiritual dream I did what I felt was right. It's so easy to forget that someone is behind that avatar. I didn't like what I was becoming or how I was acting so I took an opportunity for growth.
If you feel you owe someone an apology it is always wise to give one.  I have given several IRL when the person didn't know how angry I was.  It got me strange looks but it was the right thing to do.  I have gotten sick of the unhealthy energy in several threads and have pulled back.  None of the excitement bothers me but some of what is being offered as criticism is mean spirited at best if not downright vile.  I'm not sure how I'd feel if that venom was aimed at me.   I still think GNS but don't wish him ill or even want him to lose his job.  I like disliking him if that makes sense.  Don't worry what others think and do what you feel you must.  Somehow I think that won't be a problem for you.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: morgana213 on January 19, 2016, 12:52:39 PM
You done good PBS.  :)
Thanks so much. I posted because that is who I am. You won't get a line of BS from me ever. Maybe too much truth or bluntness, but BS, nope.

Quote from: whoozit on January 19, 2016, 01:16:37 PM
If you feel you owe someone an apology it is always wise to give one.  I have given several IRL when the person didn't know how angry I was.  It got me strange looks but it was the right thing to do.  I have gotten sick of the unhealthy energy in several threads and have pulled back.  None of the excitement bothers me but some of what is being offered as criticism is mean spirited at best if not downright vile.  I'm not sure how I'd feel if that venom was aimed at me.   I still think GNS but don't wish him ill or even want him to lose his job.  I like disliking him if that makes sense.  Don't worry what others think and do what you feel you must.  Somehow I think that won't be a problem for you.
Thank you for your post. I am listening to the gabcast against my better judgement lol.

serenity

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 01:20:14 PM
Thanks so much. I posted because that is who I am. You won't get a line of BS from me ever. Maybe too much truth or bluntness, but BS, nope.
Thank you for your post. I am listening to the gabcast against my better judgement lol.

And that is why I for one think the world of you PBS. Last night was hard to hear. It hurts when friends of mine that are friends of each other go back and forth. I stayed quiet for the most part, not wanting anything I say in the heat of the moment to be taken the wrong way by anyone. Everything I have read here, posted while I was at work is valid and I am glad you all are here. and believe it or not, I don't know what to say. So I will just say I care for you all, and I am glad that at least here, we can be us as we see our selves. As with the fray last week, I won't take sides, one over the other because they are my friends.
I am going to download the podcast and will have it up soon as I can.
Thanks for the coffee, after last night and this morning at work I need plenty. Yes there are lessons to be learned and I think I learned something myself.
See you all after I eat something.

Stay warm

Anyone have any bacon? :)

morgana213

Quote from: serenity on January 19, 2016, 01:49:59 PM
And that is why I for one think the world of you PBS. Last night was hard to hear. It hurts when friends of mine that are friends of each other go back and forth. I stayed quiet for the most part, not wanting anything I say in the heat of the moment to be taken the wrong way by anyone. Everything I have read here, posted while I was at work is valid and I am glad you all are here. and believe it or not, I don't know what to say. So I will just say I care for you all, and I am glad that at least here, we can be us as we see our selves. As with the fray last week, I won't take sides, one over the other because they are my friends.
Thanks for the coffee, after last night and this morning at work I need plenty. Yes there are lessons to be learned and I think I learned something myself.

Stay warm

Can't believe I forgot the bacon. Here you go Serenity. :)

Lilith

Quote from: serenity on January 19, 2016, 01:49:59 PM

Stay warm

I only like wr250's bacon  :'(

As for the rest of it, I think Chefist has been trying to tell us a lot about the entertainment industry along the way.  Issued plenty of warnings IMO.  There are no surprises here, again, IMO.  I don't think anyone that opts into the entertainment industry should expect to be immune.  IMO.  Sounds like its a brutal, cut throat industry.  Can't imagine why anyone would want anything to do with it,  other than fame and or money at any cost from the sounds of it.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 19, 2016, 11:14:04 AM
Oh yeah... Most people go for what they call down here "kolaches".  There are two basic kinds.  One is kind of like a roll made out of a bread-like dough, usually on the sweet side and stuffed with sausage, cheese or both - jalapeños too.  The sausage is usually kielbasa-type. Sometimes you can get ham or bacon.

The other kind are more like a Danish. Made out of the same type of sweet, bread like dough with a depression in the center that is filled with cream cheese or preserves.

But I usually go for the breakfast tacos or breakfast burritos. Picture taking a Denver omelet, wrapping it up with a tortilla and including salsa and pick de gallo. I can inhale those.
Never acquired a taste for kolaches when I lived in your neck of the woods.  Shipley's donuts, however, warm right out of the fryer - heaven.

Chine

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 02:06:44 PM
I only like wr250's bacon  :'(

As for the rest of it, I think Chefist has been trying to tell us a lot about the entertainment industry along the way.  Issued plenty of warnings IMO.  There are no surprises here, again, IMO.  I don't think anyone that opts into the entertainment industry should expect to be immune.  IMO.  Sounds like its a brutal, cut throat industry.  Can't imagine why anyone would want anything to do with it,  other than fame and or money at any cost from the sounds of it.

I've worked in the industry since 86. That's been my profession for many years. This is all amateur / novice behavior. Working professionals are 'working' and too consumed in projects for playing in such a sandbox. It's impossible to be ( WORKING ) and have such luxury of time to fart around with all this. The novice mind is different vs the professional. You focus your energy on yourself, your product (production) first and foremost. That is key focus over 'what some other guy is doing' or what is so and so thinking, saying. It's a dysfunctional and unproductive mentality to be exhausting your creative energy for yourself , audience, clients to piddle about consumed in someone else's life. And yes, there is a swimming with sharks energy in entertainment field. But that's navigating and focusing with those in your immediate range that you are doing business with. The professional exercises a healthy boundaries, remains focused to end result for their own self and their work. Anyone who feels hurt by another's work or how they are conducting business is only revealing their lack of creating a confidence in their own identity and identity as a creative. If you're dedicated and successful, you are not sitting around hemming and hawing about 'that guy'.

Lilith

Quote from: Chine on January 19, 2016, 02:18:19 PM
I've worked in the industry since 86. That's been my profession for many years. This is all amateur / novice behavior. Working professionals are 'working' and too consumed in projects for playing in such a sandbox. It's impossible to be ( WORKING ) and have such luxury of time to fart around with all this. The novice mind is different vs the professional. You focus your energy on yourself, your product (production) first and foremost. That is key focus over 'what some other guy is doing' or what is so and so thinking, saying. It's a dysfunctional and unproductive mentality to be exhausting your creative energy for yourself , audience, clients to piddle about consumed in someone else's life. And yes, there is a swimming with sharks energy in entertainment field. But that's navigating and focusing with those in your immediate range that you are doing business with. The professional exercises a healthy boundaries, remains focused to end result for their own self and their work. Anyone who feels hurt by another's work or how they are conducting business is only revealing their lack of creating a confidence in their own identity and identity as a creative. If you're dedicated and successful, you are not sitting around hemming and hawing about 'that guy'.

Now that post Chine, is a post I can respect!  ;)

serenity

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 02:21:25 PM

+1
And thanks for the bacon Morgana. I like wr250's too but Im hungry!

And people wonder why I only run a stream lol......It's safe

Chine

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 02:21:25 PM

There will always be someone who doesn't like you nor your work.

In the work environment, line at the grocery store, wherever... Get over it. Next.

nbirnes

I bring a magical dessert to the 'haven because I've been on a long journey of discovery and have, in fact, discovered many beautiful things. To whit:

I love you guys in a warm, gooey way.

Lilith

Quote from: Chine on January 19, 2016, 02:34:08 PM
There will always be someone who doesn't like you nor your work.

In the work environment, line at the grocery store, wherever... Get over it. Next.

Praise MV!

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on January 19, 2016, 02:34:48 PM
I bring a magical dessert to the 'haven because I've been on a long journey of discovery and have, in fact, discovered many beautiful things. To whit:

We love you too.....but does it have to be in a warm and gooey way?

ponyboysunset

Um...you know that sounds really dirty right? ;)

nbirnes

Quote from: brig on January 19, 2016, 02:39:33 PM
We love you too.....but does it have to be in a warm and gooey way?

Is there any other way, really? Now come over here and get a hug. Also, that gif makes me salivate, so there's that.

Lilith

Quote from: nbirnes on January 19, 2016, 02:42:40 PM
Is there any other way, really? Now come over here and get a hug. Also, that gif makes me salivate, so there's that.

((((((HUGS))))))

onan

I didn't listen to the gabcast. And as much as I like every host on that show, I am not willing to be part of a Jerry Springer event. It would be different had Heather caused me harm. Same with Art. Could things have been handled better? yeah, sure, welcome to the world.

I like Bateman, I like Heather. This just sucks, no matter what started it.

Ciardelo

Oh my. You have delicious petals...unfolding in such a delicious way!  ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 19, 2016, 02:48:54 PM
Oh my. You have delicious petals...unfolding in such a delicious way!  ;)
Um, thanks for proving my point. I was going to refrain from commenting on the flower, and it opening, and ugh, I need to get laid. LMFAO~! :P

Ciardelo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 19, 2016, 02:50:25 PM
Um, thanks for proving my point. I was going to refrain from commenting on the flower, and it opening, and ugh, I need to get laid. LMFAO~! :P
When I was in freshman comp 102 we got all into the flower petals and pistols...poetry is fun!  ;D