• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Could somebody a clip of a BRAAPS? My listening is largely post-lube and I missed it.

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 05:04:39 PM
Yeah, there's just plenty of stuff to listen to now. And it's what Noory wanted anyway, he said he wanted his haters to stop listening. Well, they are moving on. So everyone's happy now.

I wonder about that ... sometimes indifference is worse than hostility.  At least with the latter you're still getting some attention.   ::)

K_Dubb

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 15, 2015, 07:12:22 PM
Could somebody a clip of a BRAAPS? My listening is largely post-lube and I missed it.

I tried to do just that the other night but he's always talking when it happens. I picture him all excited, leaning back in his chair and waving his arms.  Can't get the sound by itself.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 12:02:16 PM
I subscribed too. I listened for hours and hours last night while I was editing. Dark City, MITD, Hoags, it was fantastic listening. Best $10/month I've ever spent. C2C is not even on my radar now.

Hoagland is really working to be better. I respect that. I'm glad the bellgab folks have been generally respectful of hoagey when calling. He is getting better at dealing with the midnight lunatics who call in. I wish these people would start calling Noory instead.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 15, 2015, 08:02:06 PM
I tried to do just that the other night but he's always talking when it happens. I picture him all excited, leaning back in his chair and waving his arms.  Can't get the sound by itself.

A hint of BRAAPS would be fine. Might have to do a month of subscription just to hear a BRAAP.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 15, 2015, 08:13:28 PM
A hint of BRAAPS would be fine. Might have to do a month of subscription just to hear a BRAAP.

I've posted this before but I'll do it again, bing rewards is an easy and free way to supplant the $10 a month it costs to be archive members for Art and Richard's shows.

http://www.bing.com/explore/rewards-bonus120

(And before anyone asks, no that link does not give me a bonus, it does give first time users of bing rewards a bonus of 120 points though)

b_dubb

What's with the BRAPS? Has Hoagie been farting during show?

AppealPlay

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 15, 2015, 08:11:35 PM
Hoagland is really working to be better. I respect that. I'm glad the bellgab folks have been generally respectful of hoagey when calling. He is getting better at dealing with the midnight lunatics who call in. I wish these people would start calling Noory instead.

I'm reading about his stalker right now.  I'm intrigued.  I want Hoagie to let his stalker on the show to voice his concerns.  He has some issue with a documentary Hoagie did years ago (UFO Diaries) and he's implying that Hoagie is a NASA shill...or something.

ShayP

Quote from: b_dubb on August 15, 2015, 09:14:03 PM
What's with the BRAPS? Has Hoagie been farting during show?

BRAAPS = the sound Hoagie's office chair made.  Almost sounded like sitting in a vinyl bean bag chair.  ;D

Thank Dixon Bawls for the term.  8)  Thank Royal_Tenenbaum for **sigh**.... :-\.... mentioning the chair to Hoagie....thus prompting him to spray WD40 on the offending mechanism.  >:(  Nonetheless Trey is loved.  :-*  He is The Cultural Director for RCH representing BellGab/HoagGab.  :)

....In addition, the pizza thing was my idea.  ;)

OH YEAH!  Having Rossy as a producer is awesome and I think i can speak for the members here when I say he is doing a great job thus far.  With the first week under his belt we can expect a comfort zone that will enable Rossy to take off and do great things.  Support him. Thank you.  :)

In closing, this thread is great and the people who participate are as well.  CHEERS!  :D

ShayP

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 09:36:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbKq-qzj3Y

It appears the stalker has a podcast too.

I love that he opens with Motley Crue and closes with Cee-Lo.  Plus his voice just reminds me of a Jerky Boys character.  ;D ....or slurring Gerald Celente on cocaine.

Amethyst

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 15, 2015, 09:15:24 PM
I'm reading about his stalker right now.  I'm intrigued.  I want Hoagie to let his stalker on the show to voice his concerns.  He has some issue with a documentary Hoagie did years ago (UFO Diaries) and he's implying that Hoagie is a NASA shill...or something.

My opinion is that that would be a bad idea.  The way the stalker acts is way out of line with polite society.  He forfeits time on Hoagland's show by being an a§§hole.  Furthermore, if he is stalker material, he must be discouraged, not encouraged.  If he has legitimate concerns, he is free to voice them elsewhere, including here.  I like Quick Karl's suggestion that Hoagland get a .45 and become proficient--although you never know, Hoagland may have already quietly done that and not told us.  A sidearm is good supplemental insurance.

Found this which apparently states the Stalker's case, though I haven't listened to much of it.  Apparently this was after the time he had phoned into Coast and Hoagland told Noory to disconnect him.  I remember that one, although I thought it was more recent.  Given Noory's track record of remembering things, it has probably happened multiple times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysnq9BeZrQ8

AppealPlay

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 15, 2015, 10:42:00 PM
Found this which apparently states the Stalker's case, though I haven't listened to much of it.  Apparently this was after the time he had phoned into Coast and Hoagland told Noory to disconnect him.  I remember that one, although I thought it was more recent.  Given Noory's track record of remembering things, it has probably happened multiple times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysnq9BeZrQ8

He's either completely nuts or partially nuts with a hunch that Hoagie is a shill.  Either way it would be entertaining as hell for Hoagie to have him on.

starrmtn001

Quote from: coaster on August 15, 2015, 04:27:52 PM
Think this was the link I saw last night.
Something about codes hidden within the show UFO Diaries. I don't understand any of it. It really does sound like the ramblings of a mad man.
Quote from the movie Speed.  Howard Payne (Dennis Hopper): [repeating what a news reporter just said] "The whim of a madman" - I like that!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111257/quotes

AppealPlay

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 16, 2015, 12:30:45 AM
Quote from the movie Speed.  Howard Payne (Dennis Hopper): [repeating what a news reporter just said] "The whim of a madman" - I like that!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111257/quotes

Another great bad movie.  Dennis Hopper was really an outstanding actor who for whatever reason rarely got good roles.  He was in an entertaining television show on NBC some years before his death called E-Ring.  It's a shame that got cancelled.

starrmtn001

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 15, 2015, 08:13:28 PM
Ok ok, I give up.  What is/are BRAAPS??? ???

AppealPlay

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 16, 2015, 12:33:42 AM
Ok ok, I give up.  What is/are BRAAPS??? ???

It was the glorious sound of Hoagie's squeaky chair before he regrettably oiled it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 16, 2015, 12:33:16 AM
Another great bad movie.  Dennis Hopper was really an outstanding actor who for whatever reason rarely got good roles.  He was in an entertaining television show on NBC some years before his death called E-Ring.  It's a shame that got cancelled.
Yes, you're right, but it is also great fun! ;)
He may rarely had gotten good roles, but many became great roles once he got through with them. ;)

AppealPlay

The further I get through the Michael Vara episode with RCH's stalker the more I realize he is in fact insane.  I take back what I said about having him on the show.  The man is clearly nutters.

It's actually sad now. :(

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 16, 2015, 12:55:25 AM
The further I get through the Michael Vara episode with RCH's stalker the more I realize he is in fact insane.  I take back what I said about having him on the show.  The man is clearly nutters.

Yeah, lots not right there.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 15, 2015, 02:03:26 AM
Where did I hear this before? Reagan in 79, they were in panic mode over that one, then they eventually put a bullet in him and he was never the same after that.
Reagan was not President in 1979, that would have been Carter??? And no put a bullet in him??

Ms. C

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 15, 2015, 01:17:44 AM

I absolutely love your work!  I am now going to research everything GIFs and learn how to be proficient at creating them.  Thank You for the kick-start ... I really wanted to learn something fun.

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 15, 2015, 04:45:49 PM
Happy reading!  Short version:  Uncle Hoagie sold secret Mars images to the Russians, presumably in exchange for torsion-field technology.  IMO Hoagie got the better end of that deal; makes 007 look like a stumblebum.
So right, i am watching a live webinar with excellent visual from Toronto ' Modern Knowledge Conference', something different. one of Art's recent guest Nassim Haramein & Dr Edgar Mitchell giving a talk.

Herakles

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 16, 2015, 12:55:25 AM

Well I have tried to listen to most of this, the guy is clearly a slice short of a loaf. Good grief! ::)

To be honest I don't think the radio host is any better either, he clearly is encouraging this nonsense, and I think at one stage he even put forward the possibility of giving the guy his own show ! :o

Quote from: Herakles on August 16, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Well I have tried to listen to most of this, the guy is clearly a slice short of a loaf. Good grief! ::)

To be honest I don't think the radio host is any better either, he clearly is encouraging this nonsense, and I think at one stage he even put forward the possibility of giving the guy his own show ! :o
The trouble is RCH's stalker is out of control and desperate (it appears to us ) when people reach this stage they do something silly and innocent people get caught up in unwarranted events that at times go badly wrong. We this a often in Mental Health Services when it has reached the end point.

norland2424

Im sure hoagie is packing some heat, could you imagine him and art at a range while art is trying to teach him gun safety  ;D .

expat

I forget the context, but Hoagland once said "I have armed bodyguards protecting me at public functions. You don't see them -- those are the most effective kind."

I didn't believe a word of it at the time. I still don't.