• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Textor

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 15, 2015, 02:59:06 AM
We've never had a billionaire manage the economy, it might finally get fixed when a pro takes over, wouldn't you think?

Problem is that people keep forgetting that the president doesn't fix anything. Congress has to do it, the president just either allows their decisions to proceed or blocks them. Unfortunately, Congress is useless and stagnant.

A guy like Trump concerns me because he seems rather inflexible and disconnected from the people he hopes to lead.  You can't simply fire 50 million Americans who aren't pulling their weight.

Morgus

We learned tonight that Hoagie doesn't ever watch Ancient Aliens

ShayP

Take care everybody!  have a great weekend. 

Love, peace, and Hoagie grease.....BRAAAPPSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: ShayP on August 15, 2015, 02:58:06 AM
Has this caller been on for 15 minutes?
It's odd. I try to give multiple talking points, but apparently you have to yell and argue to take up time! I really want to know about how Hoagie got into Trek and Sci-Fi.

ShayP

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 15, 2015, 03:01:17 AM
Hope you guys had a fun week with the shows

Yes.  I did. Nice work.  Hopefully you're in your comfort zone after getting this under your belt.

CHEERS! And I promise I will email you if I have suggestions.  No posting.  ;)  ;D

Quote from: Textor on August 15, 2015, 03:00:22 AM
Problem is that people keep forgetting that the president doesn't fix anything. Congress has to do it, the president just either allows their decisions to proceed or blocks them. Unfortunately, Congress is useless and stagnant.

Have you noticed that congress no longer follows it's own traditions anyways...I mean even if they did it wouldn't work, but they don't even go through the motions....I would say that maybe cause most of them maybe flunkies, and would be fired if they turned in this kind of performance on the job at a company! Too many unqualified political workers have too much power, so they can never agree or even when they do get anything done. Crazy, huh?

BRAAPS! Only Late Night in the Midlands to look forward to tomorrow night! (Still waiting on my free 3 month I won last weekend Vara! :D)

Thanks...I'll check back with you about Alan, see you later!

Textor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 15, 2015, 03:04:30 AM
Thanks!

Next week is packed full of fun stuff

Can't wait :D

And if I have any other guest suggestions I'll be sure to email them to you. I'll have to think hard and come up with some good ones...

ShayP

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 15, 2015, 03:02:24 AM
It's odd. I try to give multiple talking points, but apparently you have to yell and argue to take up time! I really want to know about how Hoagie got into Trek and Sci-Fi.

You're already the standard when it comes to Hoagie's BellGab callers.  Everyone else here who calls does a great job too, IMO.  My turn is coming though.  Oh yes...it is.  ;)

Quote from: ShayP on August 15, 2015, 03:06:12 AM
You're already the standard when it comes to Hoagie's BellGab callers.  Everyone else here who calls does a great job too, IMO.  My turn is coming though.  Oh yes...it is.  ;)
We need you! Put on your BRAAPS wings and FLY!

norland2424

Braaps to you brothers,  may the church of hoag convine on monday. :P.

Amethyst

Quote from: Textor on August 15, 2015, 03:00:22 AM

Generally agreed, but although I don't find Trump to be a worthy candidate in the sense that we've all been taught to expect a candidate to be, I bet he'd rattle the cage enough that Congress would end up fixing some things or being too rattled to make things worse.  There is no requirement that candidates already be part of the legislative machine, and perhaps it would be better for us if they weren't.  That said, in all liklihood I will vote for the Libertarian candidate on principle.  Also, I've seen so much bullshit in elections on the part of the system *and* on the part of the voters that I truly feel that my vote does not count where and when it matters.  I read the candidate statements and when I have time I check their web sites, and those with the best intentions often get the fewest votes.  The people with the most signs planted on the roadside get far more.  WTF is wrong with voters?  Fucking drones!  Seriously, the only reason I even vote anymore is so that 1) I can hopefully make a difference where the good ol' boys & girls club has not already picked a winner for me and 2) so someday when I die I can die with a clear conscience of having voted for the right person instead of a bullshit candidate, even if I know ahead of time that that person is doomed to lose.

Amethyst

It was a fun week, and I love how Hoagland has turned the ringing phone into an unintended prop and thrown it right back at the listeners.  "I'm gonna kill that phone!"  Reminds me of about 20 years ago when Bell said he was on the verge of shooting a router or something with his Glock. 

Great week guys and many thanks Hoagie 19.5, the ringing telephone and dog barking and the occassional ice cube dropping into the glass all totally unique.... it was so good lets do it again next week  ;D

dan7800

Quote from: Amethyst on August 15, 2015, 10:11:11 AM
It was a fun week, and I love how Hoagland has turned the ringing phone into an unintended prop and thrown it right back at the listeners.  "I'm gonna kill that phone!"  Reminds me of about 20 years ago when Bell said he was on the verge of shooting a router or something with his Glock.

On numerous occasions I'd be half asleep and hear the phone in the background. I'd wake right up and wonder who was calling me after 3am.

Quote from: Anthony Barnett on August 15, 2015, 10:24:20 AM
Great week guys and many thanks Hoagie 19.5, the ringing telephone and dog barking and the occassional ice cube dropping into the glass all totally unique.... it was so good lets do it again next week  ;D

Now the weekends are slower now Hoagie and team are resting... who's feeding the dog....

chefist

OMG listening in the morning while following the thread is just the best thing ever to have with coffee! Waiting for the BRAAP, telethon fone, and now ice rattling in a glass...GOLDEN!