• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Quote from: Ms. C on August 16, 2015, 09:14:57 AM
I absolutely love your work!  I am now going to research everything GIFs and learn how to be proficient at creating them.  Thank You for the kick-start ... I really wanted to learn something fun.

Thanks!

Quote from: expat on August 16, 2015, 05:31:35 PM
I forget the context, but Hoagland once said "I have armed bodyguards protecting me at public functions. You don't see them -- those are the most effective kind."

I didn't believe a word of it at the time. I still don't.

I don't see any in this video. By the way. Why does Hoagie where blue so much while Robin wears red. MIND CONTROL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 15, 2015, 04:59:31 PM
I can't remember exactly either, but I think it was "Richard you mf'er, I'm going to sue your a$$ off" and then Richard started laughing and cut him off. I remember liking how Hoagland handled it.
Yeah, I laughed pretty hard when that happened. Hoagland handled it the best way possible. He came off looking classy and human. It really cracked me up though.

coaster

I was going to suggest they have David Sereda on with Hoagland, but he is going to be on with Art. I watched a couple of David's videos, and I think he would be perfect for Hoagland.

norland2424

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on August 16, 2015, 08:42:16 PM
I don't see any in this video. By the way. Why does Hoagie where blue so much while Robin wears red. MIND CONTROL.

this is why they wear blue and red lol

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on August 16, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

LMAO!  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Incidentally, that video has one of the weirdest sound effects I've ever heard. I've been to Chichen Itza, and admittedly it's quite the tourist trap, but You'll hear people clapping in the video and if you listen carefully the clap comes back sounding like a bird call. It's really freaky, the geometry of the pyramid reflects sound in just such a way as to make it sound like a bird. I don't know if it was intentional by the Mayans, but it's interesting as hell.

Quote from: norland2424 on August 16, 2015, 10:18:40 PM

LOL! Holy crap, where does the time fly? New Art and Hoagie tonight!

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 16, 2015, 11:05:49 PM
Incidentally, that video has one of the weirdest sound effects I've ever heard. I've been to Chichen Itza, and admittedly it's quite the tourist trap, but You'll hear people clapping in the video and if you listen carefully the clap comes back sounding like a bird call. It's really freaky, the geometry of the pyramid reflects sound in just such a way as to make it sound like a bird. I don't know if it was intentional by the Mayans, but it's interesting as hell.

the clap?

I thought it was very clever of RCH and Robin to distract the security guard with meaningless words, still carrying on to take his measurements and recording them. EXCELLENT 8)

expat

Quote from: Anthony Barnett on August 17, 2015, 04:42:03 AM
I thought it was very clever of RCH and Robin to distract the security guard with meaningless words, still carrying on to take his measurements and recording them. EXCELLENT 8)

Yeah, pity he never published any of that data though. He just said it was "stunningly confirmatory" and expected us to believe him. Oh, he also said HAARP was used that night to prevent the planet from "tipping over." He never said how he knew that.

Herakles

Thank you Rossy! I was wondering who would be tonight's guest !  :)

Pyramid Code should be an interesting show.

astroguy

Richard should ask her what her evidence is that the ancient Egyptians knew string theory.  She made this claim several years ago on C2C.  It's stuck with me because I was driving with a friend at the time while listening to it and he made me turn it off after she said that.

Quote from: astroguy on August 17, 2015, 06:06:36 PM
Richard should ask her what her evidence is that the ancient Egyptians knew string theory.  She made this claim several years ago on C2C.  It's stuck with me because I was driving with a friend at the time while listening to it and he made me turn it off after she said that.

My impersonation of Grandpa Simpson impersonating astroguy listening to Carmen Boulter:

astroguy:  String theo...  <spit take>  STRING THEORY!  Why I oughta... Bah!  <click>
astroguy's friend:  Watch out for the squirrel!
astroguy:  <swerve>

coaster

I don't understand why people make such outlandish claims. What's the point? What do they hope to accomplish by saying such stupid nonsense? Are they just trying to "out crazy" each other?

BellBoy

Quote from: coaster on August 17, 2015, 06:52:43 PM
...Are they just trying to "out crazy" each other?

Seriously. heve you even seen the Falkie thread lately!?

AppealPlay

Pyramid codes?  Sounds exciting.  I'm hoping the WD-40 ran off his chair over the weekend so we can have a couple nice BRAAPS!

SaucyRossy

You should call in and ask her yourself about that.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on August 17, 2015, 07:48:16 PM
You should call in and ask her yourself about that.

RCH answered my email IMMEDIATELY, ROSSY!  I love that!

norland2424

this is going to be the first time i hear hoagie have an interview with a woman, i wonder how thats going to go ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: norland2424 on August 17, 2015, 08:11:57 PM
this is going to be the first time i hear hoagie have an interview with a woman, i wonder how thats going to go ;D

I wonder if he'll call his guest a nice gal.