• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2014, 02:47:51 PM
At the start of the show last night, George Knapp mentioned he had just finished reading all of the guest's new book.
Thats in contrast to Noory who NEVER reads any of the guests' books and instead just tosses them all in a big closet to use to give away as prizes in trivia contests during open lines nights.
Quote from: AvDaBr on May 21, 2014, 07:52:10 AM
In all fairness though, he has managed to color a dozen or so over the years.

i wonder if he had to drink the electric kool-aid to be able to color the books in?

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 19, 2014, 03:29:48 PM

I only wish there was some show in the archives from 1994 with Paulides and Bell.

That happened? Paulides and Bell in 1994?! I did not know this! Does anyone know where I can listen/find that gem????

wr250

george knapp doubleheader this weekend folks. be ready to get Knappatized.
almost makes up for the weekday suckage.

there is no such thing as knapp suckage. knapp could out interview noory if he was in bed hallucinating from high fever and on a morphine drip.

paladin1991

Quote from: wr250 on May 24, 2014, 05:38:34 AM

there is no such thing as knapp suckage. knapp could out interview noory if he was in bed hallucinating from high fever and on a morphine drip.
Roger that!

I'm ready for my wknd Knapp.

Nebraska888

Can't wait!  TWO GREAT NIGHTS WITH KNAPP!

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 24, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
Can't wait!  TWO GREAT NIGHTS WITH KNAPP!

Sign me up for the back-to-back Knapp's.   8)

WOTR

While alien abduction is not my cup of tea I am contentedly listening.  I found that Art had the same ability to make topics that I would normally turn off worth listening to.  Your comment has me wondering if Knapp were to interview Noory on a weekend show if he could actually make Noory sound interesting, engaging and intelligent?

Certainly I am not the only one who wants to hear Knapp take on the challenge of interviewing Noory next time Noory "coauthors" a book or announces one of his projects?

ziznak

how was last nights show? somebody anybody...scream...

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on May 25, 2014, 12:42:47 PM
how was last nights show? somebody anybody...scream...

I spaced out during the first guest, but the second segment about movies, the military, & UFO's was actually pretty interesting.  I didn't think it would be, but it was stuff I didn't really know about and the guest was knowledgable and articulated his ideas well.  Knapp was good as usual. 

ziznak

i may try to tune in live tonight.  last nights show isn't up yet on my latest c2c youtube channel... anybody with a link to last night's show can pm me with it... dont' post it here cause then you'll be causin a whole stink a trouble w Premeire radio yup.... in these parts they're like the CIA.  uh huh.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ziznak on May 25, 2014, 01:22:13 PM
i may try to tune in live tonight.  last nights show isn't up yet on my latest c2c youtube channel... anybody with a link to last night's show can pm me with it... dont' post it here cause then you'll be causin a whole stink a trouble w Premeire radio yup.... in these parts they're like the CIA.  uh huh.

If you didn't get a PM from somebody, holler at me and I can upload the mp3s for you.

I tried to listen last night but I took this weird supplement called phenibut to help me sleep and it made me really out of it â€" drifting around in a half-awake state, hallucinating and hearing weird things. Like shrooms, but a little scarier. At one point the sound of a heartbeat drowned out the radio and I thought blood was running out of the walls. It was the weirdest, trippiest experience I've ever had . . . so in short, I highly recommend the stuff!  ;D

But yeah, through it all, Knapp's voice. And something about UFOs and maybe Steven Spielberg, unless I imagined that.

wr250

Quote from: Seraphim27 on May 25, 2014, 03:17:34 PM
If you didn't get a PM from somebody, holler at me and I can upload the mp3s for you.

I tried to listen last night but I took this weird supplement called phenibut to help me sleep and it made me really out of it â€" drifting around in a half-awake state, hallucinating and hearing weird things. Like shrooms, but a little scarier. At one point the sound of a heartbeat drowned out the radio and I thought blood was running out of the walls. It was the weirdest, trippiest experience I've ever had . . . so in short, I highly recommend the stuff!  ;D

But yeah, through it all, Knapp's voice. And something about UFOs and maybe Steven Spielberg, unless I imagined that.

so did it make knapp sound like noory (and his stupidity) ?

apparently this stuff is legal and can be bought OTC.

Nebraska888

Knapp rocked!  Looking forward to tonight's program!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: wr250 on May 25, 2014, 03:25:31 PM
so did it make knapp sound like noory (and his stupidity) ?

apparently this stuff is legal and can be bought OTC.

Hahahaha it DID make the whole show sound kinda pointless.

They're trying to pass legislation that would make phenibut illegal and in the same category as kratom and salvia, so get it while you can! In Russia you can only get it with a prescription.  8)

ziznak

found it on a new channel but yeah... i think i may need a new source

A caller mentioned last night that there was a John Wayne/John Ford movie with a UFO in it.  I looked it up and the movie is Rio Grande. I happen to have the Blu-ray of it and I watched the whole thing.  The UFO is in there alright at the 1:14 mark hovering over Wayne's right shoulder while he's talking to Maureen O'Hara.  Reliable sources, that were on the set, say that absolutely none of it was shot on a soundstage.  It was all shot on location in Moab, Utah.  It's not a light reflecting from the camera as the UFO clearly goes behind some branches and comes back out.  So whatever it is, its quite distant.  Not car headlights either as the ufo is cleary seen against the sky,and is not just a light.  It Is not a plane either. I can't explain it. 

WOTR

How does that differ from listening to Snoory?  I generally find that I lapse in and out of consciousness and hear weird pronunciations and mispronunciations of common words.  When he plays submerging artists I would swear that blood runs out of my ears and pools on the floor near the foot of the wall...

On that note, I may just try some (it is still legal in Canada as well- I just checked.)  With that said, my sleep patterns have been getting a little better since I started with fermented foods.  Yes, it sounds stupid, and I would never say that I expected it (sleep has sucked forever and it never crossed my mind that I might sleep better when i started down this road.)  I suppose that if fecal transplants can cause and cure mice from being overweight (different bacteria moved from the digestive tract of one mouse to another) and we really are made up of 10X more bacteria than human cells anything is possible.  I suppose if they influence pretty much every aspect of who and what we are I can imagine a world where if I ingest enough bacteria that want to sleep at 4:00 AM that they might start overpowering my brain and turn it off?

(yes, I am half kidding about them taking over... but they do outnumber the parts of me that I have always considered "me.")  Time for bed where I can ponder this disturbing fact.  Nevermind aliens and interdenominational creatures... I am one giant walking, talking living colony of bacteria... Could it be that they are regulating and suppressing my thoughts and abilities... possibly boosting them?

WOTR

I gave it an honest try and hung in for hours... but it is bed time.  When the guest suggests that CNN and network news are all lies but FOX is honest it is time for him to go.

He actually said he had FOX on when his son came to visit and his son had remarked how different it was from anything they had in D.C.  He told his son to start getting his news from FOX.

Now, I am not a CNN booster (I despise them and have not watched them in years.)  And I am not a FOX hater (it was the station I picked up for awhile when I was in Mexico and I did watch...)  However, to suggest that FOX is the most honest station might be a bit of a stretch.  fair disclosure- I hate all news outlets almost as much as I do all political parties and all political candidates... I am certain there is a good one somewhere- but I have yet to find it.

Least you think I limit my disdain of news organizations to the present day and live in a place where I long for the "golden age" I would suggest you read about the slimy tactics a LA paper used dealing with the mother of the "black dahlia" in the 40's.  (They called her mother to say that her daughter won a beauty contest in order to get information then told her that her daughter was dead... Real nice.)

wr250

Quote from: wotr1 on May 26, 2014, 03:20:28 AM
How does that differ from listening to Snoory?  I generally find that I lapse in and out of consciousness and hear weird pronunciations and mispronunciations of common words.
thats because they are actually real and not a hallucination.

wr250

Quote from: wr250 on May 25, 2014, 01:48:17 PM
http://www.cjob.com/audio-on-demand/

note it includes the commercials
Quote from: area51drone on May 26, 2014, 08:39:23 AM
Thanks for this wr250...

cjob keeps 2 weeks worth of shows that it broadcasts for listening in its audio vault. its a canadian station and canadian copyright is different than the US.

area51drone

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 25, 2014, 10:14:09 PM
A caller mentioned last night that there was a John Wayne/John Ford movie with a UFO in it.  I looked it up and the movie is Rio Grande. I happen to have the Blu-ray of it and I watched the whole thing.  The UFO is in there alright at the 1:14 mark hovering over Wayne's right shoulder while he's talking to Maureen O'Hara.  Reliable sources, that were on the set, say that absolutely none of it was shot on a soundstage.  It was all shot on location in Moab, Utah.  It's not a light reflecting from the camera as the UFO clearly goes behind some branches and comes back out.  So whatever it is, its quite distant.  Not car headlights either as the ufo is cleary seen against the sky,and is not just a light.  It Is not a plane either. I can't explain it.

It moves like a UFO too.   Not a great copy, but you can see it plain as day.  Make sure you go full screen to get a better view:

Ufo in Rio Grande the movie look behind John waynes head!

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on May 26, 2014, 06:14:02 AM
thats because they are actually real and not a hallucination.
Sad... But a fair enough explanation.  So far I have not seen any cheering for another "Noory filled week" like I did for the "weekend of Knapp."

wr250

Quote from: wotr1 on May 26, 2014, 12:11:42 PM
Sad... But a fair enough explanation.  So far I have not seen any cheering for another "Noory filled week" like I did for the "weekend of Knapp."

yay! noory is on all week! now ill be able to sleep at night.

hows that ? lol

albrecht

I also had an odd theory decades ago that if I was dosed before bedtime (but was unaware it was going to happen, so no expectations, and apprehensions etc.) Like in secret, double-blind or whatever it might be called. Get slipped a tab of acid before bed time. And so trip during the dream-state whilst asleep. Ignore that maybe the "strychnine" claimed to be in acid etc might wake you up. Or use mushrooms but that would be harder to accomplish, I think. Anyway, my theory is that DREAMS might appear like reality (or at least our waking state of normal life). Like a real alternate reality in your dream. No flying, floating, odd colors, weird situations, etc but like normal life. Probably wouldn't work and I never tried the "test" of the theory.

b_dubb

Quote from: area51drone on May 26, 2014, 08:44:21 AM
It moves like a UFO too.   Not a great copy, but you can see it plain as day.  Make sure you go full screen to get a better view:

Ufo in Rio Grande the movie look behind John waynes head!
Probably a bug or a bird.  NEXT!

wr250

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on May 26, 2014, 12:15:23 PM
yay! noory is on all week! now ill be able to sleep at night.

hows that ? lol
Thanks... I think that George probably appreciates the support as well.

Usagi

I've been catching up on Knapp via youtube when I can; I still enjoy his shows and respect him.  I love when he makes a point of stating that his show will be going back to the core subjects of when the show first started (his emphasis, even) and nary of a word of Jorch is spoken, unless absolutely necessary.  Knapp has no need to pretend to be a brownnoser, and I'm sure he likes it that way.  I can even pretend Jorch doesn't exist when I listen... until his garble-mouthed copy readings come on, of course.

I don't dig around too hard for youtube recordings, but there are a couple of Knapp's shows where this old dude who works at a convenience store or something like that literally films his radio playing C2C while he's working.  He'll interject a little comment or two (usually pretty inane) during the commercials.  It's absolutely enthralling in its strange little way.  You can hear him talking to people sometimes or you just watch this regular old crabby dude sitting there listening to the radio.  I'm totally fascinated by it.