• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

zeebo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 01, 2015, 11:36:41 AM
I may be in a minority of one, here, but - against expectations - I enjoyed the show. As usual, whoever writes the summaries on the C2C app/website did a great job of giving entirely the wrong impression of the show. It sounded like the Sasquatch Cook Book, but was, I thought an interesting discussion of the lore and legend surrounding food transactions. ...

Yeah me too, I actually thought it was kind of fun.  I find folkore & mythology cool, so even if I'm skeptical it was still interesting.  And if I'm ever offered some mysterious pomegranate concoction by a forest gnome, now I know how to handle it.

albrecht

I thought the show was much better than the C2C write-up made it seem it would be. Knapp did a good job and the guests were pretty good. It is interesting how different cultures around the world have similar things.
Regarding the Knapp show from the other night. Here is an article about China's "meat festivals." Don't look unless you have a strong stomach. I hope those Chinese get rabies from a dog-bite or something.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3103008/Rows-pet-dogs-beaten-death-hanging-hooks-cats-skinned-ready-dinner-table-Inside-Chinese-meat-festival-banned-year.html

You all convinced me. I'm going to give the faerie show a listen. I forget, this isn't Jorch at the helm, it's someone with discernment and intelligence.

I think the best contemporary story about faeries was an episode of Torchwood where a little girl was called by the faeries, only they weren't sweet and innocent pink and purple Andrew Lang or Disney fairies. In fact, they might well have been ancients of the earth, predating mankind. Good episode.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 01, 2015, 12:17:26 AM
Yeah that's an old trope.

So what does bigfoot drink?

I could make a very sick David Paulidies joke here, but I won't.

ziznak

If you drink wine with the pretty ladies you meet by the side of the road here in philly you wake up naked with a bloody bunghole and HIV positive.  not that I would know or anything.   another great show from knapp which I will need to relisten to.  missed the second half which was really what i was looking forward to.  First half was great tho i was really pleasantly surprised, which happens more times than not with knapp.

im starting to put him above art.... yeah... i typed it

Nebraska888

Quote from: ziznak on June 02, 2015, 08:03:08 AM
If you drink wine with the pretty ladies you meet by the side of the road here in philly you wake up naked with a bloody bunghole and HIV positive.  not that I would know or anything.   another great show from knapp which I will need to relisten to.  missed the second half which was really what i was looking forward to.  First half was great tho i was really pleasantly surprised, which happens more times than not with knapp.

im starting to put him above art.... yeah... i typed it

Yep, Knapp can rival Art for the number one spot.  Knapp is always a pleasure to listen to.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 04, 2015, 11:48:24 AM
Yep, Knapp can rival Art for the number one spot.  Knapp is always a pleasure to listen to.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's hoped for a show with Art during the week, Knapp on weekends. 

Quote from: zeebo on June 04, 2015, 07:17:43 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's hoped for a show with Art during the week, Knapp on weekends.

That's my dream line up too, but Knapp's C2C contract probably precludes it. I would love to hear Art interview Knapp, though. On the other side of the mic, he's a great interview. He's done some para podcasts about the skinwalker ranch and his history investigating ufos. Heck, even his Las Vegas mafia stories are great. I'd love to hear a night's conversation between two pros like them.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2015, 08:49:11 PM
... I would love to hear Art interview Knapp, though. On the other side of the mic, he's a great interview. He's done some para podcasts about the skinwalker ranch and his history investigating ufos. Heck, even his Las Vegas mafia stories are great. I'd love to hear a night's conversation between two pros like them.

Have you listened to this show(?), Unscreened Caller:

2007-02-11 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Skinwalker Ranch and Area 51 - George Knapp - Colm Kelleher

Quote from: Azzerae on June 07, 2015, 12:15:07 PM
Have you listened to this show(?), Unscreened Caller:

2007-02-11 - Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - Skinwalker Ranch and Area 51 - George Knapp - Colm Kelleher

Thanks Azzerae! I did, and thought it great. Thanks for the date reminder. I was going crazy trying to remember it. He was also interviewed on the Paracast about the skinwalker ranch. It's a fascinating story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kArpNd-b2fQ

AZZERAE

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 07, 2015, 12:23:00 PM
Thanks Azzerae! I did, and thought it great. Thanks for the date reminder. I was going crazy trying to remember it. He was also interviewed on the Paracast about the skinwalker ranch. It's a fascinating story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kArpNd-b2fQ

Ah brilliant- thank you! I haven't come across this before.

Mastodonkey

I listen to all of Knapp's shows no matter the topic. Coast to Coast would be completely dead to me without him at the helm on Sunday nights.

MrHippie

Really enjoyed George Knapp's guest Joshua Cutchin's research on food interactions with fairies, E.T.'s and other creatures. Joshua Cutchin is well educated and funny and grounded. Another great new guest to look forward to by G.K.

Lon Strickler, creator of the blog Phantoms and Monsters, is an overlooked, regular guest of Knapp's who catalogs strange sightings from around the world. Always an interesting guest. Thanks George Knapp.

zeebo

Damn no Knapp this Sunday.  Noory's back to make us pay for his missing the first Sun. this month.  :( 

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 12, 2015, 11:21:16 PM
Damn no Knapp this Sunday.  Noory's back to make us pay for his missing the first Sun. this month.  :(
I knew Norry would try to get revenge on us.

Nebraska888

I know......and, he completely sucked........as though I would expect anything other than his usual suckage.

Nebraska888

Hey Zee........Saturday and Sunday with Knapp!  Life is good!   ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on June 19, 2015, 12:12:32 PM
Hey Zee........Saturday and Sunday with Knapp!  Life is good!   ;)

Nice!  Looks like good topics on both nights too.

311guy1

So far no SIT announced for Saturday night either. Weird. Maybe it's getting dropped now that Art's returning soon?

Nebraska888

Quote from: 311guy1 on June 19, 2015, 09:42:39 PM
So far no SIT announced for Saturday night either. Weird. Maybe it's getting dropped now that Art's returning soon?

SIT features Hoagland tonight.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on June 19, 2015, 01:11:57 PM
Nice!  Looks like good topics on both nights too.

Agreed!   8)

AvDaBr

Well, Knapp hasn't promoted the paranormal date thing thus far.  Speaking of which, how could the ladies resist you should you choose 'Blazing Scirocco' as a username?

Dateline

This is why I listened to Coast.  Interesting topic, good questions and thought-provoking insight, and great bumpers.  I am working tonight but this is Coast excellence.  I usually do not listen on the weekends, but since I took the weekly 30-day Coast hiatus challenge, I thought I would tune-in instead of tune-out.  I am not disappointed. 

zeebo

Quote from: Dateline on June 21, 2015, 12:12:23 AM
This is why I listened to Coast.  Interesting topic, good questions and thought-provoking insight, and great bumpers.  I am working tonight but this is Coast excellence.  I usually do not listen on the weekends, but since I took the weekly 30-day Coast hiatus challenge, I thought I would tune-in instead of tune-out.  I am not disappointed.

Yep, Knapp's a pro, and it's all the more obvious when compared to the usual Nooryized Coast fare.  Such a pleasure to hear a well-spoken host who really cares about crafting a good show.

Morgus

So Knapp never promoted Noory's dumb "Paranormal Date" last night?
All the other recent weekend guests hosts had to do so.
Cheers to Knapp for having good taste and the guts to ignore Noory's ad requests... :)

Quote from: Morgus on June 21, 2015, 02:42:52 PM
Cheers to Knapp for having good taste and the guts to ignore Noory's ad requests... :)

Knapp is lucky.  He really doesn't need Coast to Coast so can make his own terms.

albrecht

Unfortunately, Knapp called it.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/24-year-old-dies-overnight-electric-daisy-carnival
Though, to be honest, in a population of that size, in that heat, and likely ingesting various substances it is not that hard of a prediction.....

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on June 21, 2015, 02:42:52 PM

not surprised..he has too much class for promoting that junk

Juan Cena

Been trying to listen to both Knapp and Rich Russo on Little Steven's Underground Garage. Luckily Russo got around to playing the Manic Street Preachers like I requested on Twitter (Though he played "You're Love Alone Is Not Enough" as opposed to one of the songs I requested, but I ain't complaining cause he mentioned my name on the air.