Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

RoseGirl

Art....you should check out http://www.bbsradio.com/delta/

the design looks like it might be a good one for your web page

rosie

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on November 24, 2013, 08:06:44 PM
Much as I love it, I am not the only gamein town and even if I can not stream there now, it can be a starting place for the next great Broadcaster.
Feel free to give it a shot. We live in a time where just a few companys control everything.

Art                                                                     
A brilliant post.

munbeam666

The idea is simple, Keith is doing the heavy lifting. Simply provide a place where people who
want to do a Paranormal show can do it for free and it can be heard for free. A way to keep the
Web Site alive and provide a service for both Hosts who want to give it a try and a place where
the listener can encounter new ideas

If and when the time comes that I can go back on air, I will do so there. I hope it grows like crazy,
like most things it is just a idea, we shall see where it goes. Much as I love it, I am not the only game
in town and even if I can not stream there now, it can be a starting place for the next great Broadcaster.
Feel free to give it a shot. We live in a time where just a few companys control everything.

Art                                                                     
Unfortunitely, corporate America has completely taken over our lives

georgesucks

The idea is simple, Keith is doing the heavy lifting. Simply provide a place where people who
want to do a Paranormal show can do it for free and it can be heard for free. A way to keep the
Web Site alive and provide a service for both Hosts who want to give it a try and a place where

If and when the time comes that I can go back on air, I will do so there. I hope it grows like crazy,
like most things it is just a idea, we shall see where it goes. Much as I love it, I am not the only game
in town and even if I can not stream there now, it can be a starting place for the next great Broadcaster.
Feel free to give it a shot. We live in a time where just a few companies control everything.

Art                                                                     
Art, I hope that your new network goes well.

coaster

I'm sure its been mentioned, but does anyone remember the movie Pirate Radio? I say we get Art a boat and have him sail out to international waters. :|

littlechris

Quote from: c337pilot on November 24, 2013, 08:08:56 PM
Starting your own network will be better for you in the long run.

It's gonna be HUGE!! It will eventually cause C2C to lose most of its listeners once people become aware of it's existence. Sort of cool to see the birth of such a great network here!! Would AM stations that currently carrry C2C be able to replace C2C with Art's Channel, once theire contract is over with C2C?
Not sure how that works. If so, i eventually see most AM channels broadcasting The Art Bell Network instead of boring Snoorey, during that time slot!!!!!!

georgesucks

Quote from: littlechris on November 24, 2013, 08:22:57 PM
It's gonna be HUGE!! It will eventually cause C2C to lose most of its listeners once people become aware of it's existence. Sort of cool to see the birth of such a great network here!! Would AM stations that currently carrry C2C be able to replace C2C with Art's Channel, once theire contract is over with C2C?
Not sure how that works. If so, i eventually see most AM channels broadcasting The Art Bell Network instead of boring Snoorey, during that time slot!!!!!!
Art should have done this sooner.

littlechris

Quote from: c337pilot on November 24, 2013, 08:24:33 PM

I know, but it's happening NOW! Thats the cool part!!!

nika01

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 24, 2013, 08:16:27 PM
Unfortunitely, corporate America has completely taken over our lives

Only if you let them

dortmunder

Quote from: Art Bell on November 24, 2013, 07:48:41 PM
No worries, I am still here. I am here because for the most part I enjoy the people
on this forum. Even though it gets rough at times there are a lot of very smart, very
funny people here.

I have a hope that given some time it may well be that Sirius/XM will decide to drop
my NC, they may be just hurt/angry. They really have no real fear of competition that
I can see. I am almost sure if I press the matter legally I have a really good case, but
as I mentioned it should be considered long and hard before started. I have been in
legal fights before and it is rough in every way you can imagine, even when you win.

I do believe in freedom of speech, as you all know it is not absolute. For example
there is a part of the Internet that has absolute freedom but most members here
very wisely decided not to go there, right? I think MV maintains just the right amount
of control, very loose but short of anarchy.

Art

You hurt their feelings, Art. Maybe if you send Sirius some flowers and a nice card? Take them to a fancy restaurant? I have an idea for a nice aromatic bouquet you can send them.  ;)

munbeam666

Quote from: coaster on November 24, 2013, 08:22:14 PM
I'm sure its been mentioned, but does anyone remember the movie Pirate Radio? I say we get Art a boat and have him sail out to international waters. :|
How about broadcasting from an Indian reservation?

RoseGirl

Quote from: c337pilot on November 24, 2013, 08:24:33 PM

Yeah...sooner would have been good. But, you know, I think it needs to be better concept that all the other networks that seem to be popping up out there. First of all....don't call it a network....call it a 'hub' or a 'source' or something. Come up with a new description. On the net, the word 'network' is starting to equal 'loose association of amatures'. You need to think a little ahead of the curve, I think, and present it differently....or those corporate nasties will quickly label you as 'yesterday's bubblegum'. And you need some other creative ideas.

Shadow Wolf

Art                                                                     
Well with 3 individual shows already lined up, I am sure that number will grow as word spreads around the community.

Monday - Paranormal Podcast w/Jim Harold
Tuesday - The Spec Sheet w/MV and Curtis
Wednesday - Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam

Even with the speed of the internet, new Ideas/places do take awhile to grow. In six months, I would bet that there will be a full week of shows to listen to and most importantly to choose from. My first experience with PodCast was the Spec Sheet with MV, I found them to be fun to listen to, a bit rough, but it was real. I grew tired of the fake TV news, shows and entertainment about 5 years ago, and gave TV up. Now I just buy the DVD's of Shows like Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad,(my wife liked that show), when they are on sale at Wallmart. The only thing I really miss from TV is the Discovery Channel, but they changed a lot and became pap-culture,(play to the uninformed masses and make it so a 12 year old could understand it.) I hated the dumbing down of that channel.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Shadow Wolf on November 24, 2013, 08:34:20 PM
     Well with 3 individual shows already lined up, I am sure that number will grow as word spreads around the community.

Monday - Paranormal Podcast w/Jim Harold
Tuesday - The Spec Sheet w/MV and Curtis
Wednesday - Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam

Even with the speed of the internet, new Ideas/places do take awhile to grow. In six months, I would bet that there will be a full week of shows to listen to and most importantly to choose from. My first experience with PodCast was the Spec Sheet with MV, I found them to be fun to listen to, a bit rough, but it was real. I grew tired of the fake TV news, shows and entertainment about 5 years ago, and gave TV up. Now I just buy the DVD's of Shows like Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad,(my wife liked that show), when they are on sale at Wallmart. The only thing I really miss from TV is the Discovery Channel, but they changed a lot and became pap-culture,(play to the uninformed masses and make it so a 12 year old could understand it.) I hated the dumbing down of that channel.

Oh yes....television is starting to look like some sort of exquiste corpse of itself, isn't it? I think all those reality shows made everyone lose a few IQ points.

Maybe Sirius/XM will ease up before long, who knows... they could even approach Art about his independent broadcaster offer and ability to do the stream on the website with the "network" idea as a feature for artbell.com. It might be best for all parties involved to allow some time to pass before talks start up again.

jazmunda

Art                                                                     

Are you able to monetize this concept or would that be considered a breach of the NC?

I would ideally love a 24/7 stream of a variety of podcasts, with commercials (so you can make some mullah off us freeloaders), culminating in The Return.

Oh and I like the idea of an hourly countdown to The Return.

FallenSeraph

Hey Art, I'm just curious â€" what do you think of John B. Wells as a C2C host? I've always wondered.

Ravenna

Art just posted this on his FB page:

"If you are a Paranormal Talk Host or a listener it is all free at artbell.com a place where the next great Broadcaster may be found and the place I will be when I am free."

Sorry if this is old news; don't have time to read the back pages here.

littlechris

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 24, 2013, 08:39:55 PM
Maybe Sirius/XM will ease up before long, who knows... they could even approach Art about his independent broadcaster offer and ability to do the stream on the website with the "network" idea as a feature for artbell.com. It might be best for all parties involved to allow some time to pass before talks start up again.

I actually have a feeling that SiriusXM will try to stop Art from launching his new network based on some small legal print in his Non Compete contract. Hmmm.  They will say something to the effect of he "is violating his contract due to his affiliation and interest in a competing program" blah blah blah..

Ravenna

Also, Keith should be informed that the people who listen to the podcasts on Artbell.com want to have a way to download them to their iPods so they can listen to them whenever they want to.  This is what I'm hearing anyhow.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 24, 2013, 06:55:54 PM
I'd call dibs on "Mummers' Dance", but I'd butcher it .

Dibs on 'Highwayman' if I can sing the starship pilot. Who's in to sing the highwayman, sailor and dam builder parts?

And Art, it's good to see you on here tonight. I hope this means you're a regular now. 

nika01

Quote from: Ravenna on November 24, 2013, 08:55:49 PM
Also, Keith should be informed that the people who listen to the podcasts on Artbell.com want to have a way to download them to their iPods so they can listen to them whenever they want to.  This is what I'm hearing anyhow.

Ootunes will do this, I think

wr250

Quote from: littlechris on November 24, 2013, 08:55:29 PM
I actually have a feeling that SiriusXM will try to stop Art from launching his new network based on some small legal print in his Non Compete contract. Hmmm.  They will say something to the effect of he "is violating his contract due to his affiliation and interest in a competing program" blah blah blah..

id be willing to bet Art and his lawyer went over that contracts with a magnifying glass to be sure its ok.

littlechris

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 24, 2013, 08:57:16 PM
Dibs on 'Highwayman' if I can sing the starship pilot. Who's in to sing the highwayman, sailor and dam builder parts?

And Art, it's good to see you on here tonight. I hope this means you're a regular now.

Cool, youll play Cash's part, ill play Waylon jennings . Whos gonna play willie and Kris' part?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyTO-vU6i0&list=FLXOOQ3b0HHpmVeaLYIYe9Cw

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on November 24, 2013, 07:48:41 PM
No worries, I am still here. I am here because for the most part I enjoy the people
on this forum. Even though it gets rough at times there are a lot of very smart, very
funny people here.

I have a hope that given some time it may well be that Sirius/XM will decide to drop
my NC, they may be just hurt/angry. They really have no real fear of competition that
I can see. I am almost sure if I press the matter legally I have a really good case, but
as I mentioned it should be considered long and hard before started. I have been in
legal fights before and it is rough in every way you can imagine, even when you win.

I do believe in freedom of speech, as you all know it is not absolute. For example
there is a part of the Internet that has absolute freedom but most members here
very wisely decided not to go there, right? I think MV maintains just the right amount
of control, very loose but short of anarchy.

Art

Thanks for sticking around Art, I value your opinion and it's always nice to see your posts on here.  Maybe while you're waiting for the NC clock to tick you could do a pizza roll training video for noory :)

Falkie2013

I got an email from Art saying Keith is handling all submissions to the site.

And he also said that I've been a good friend through all this as well.

I will ALWAYS have your back Art.

And I'm having so much fun doing it too.

I did the first five notes of a musical theme for my videos. Now if I can just someone to write the whole thing.

I'd have to re-learn how to read music for the piano again.

Keyboard is on the list of things to get next year.

I'm always amazed that a huge radio guy like Art would even read my emails much less reply to them.

< blush >

hmm, how CAN I put pizza rolls on a video without Totinos getting YT to flag it ?

I have sooooo many ideas and so many melodies running thru my head.

" If I had a microwave, I'd burn myself in the morning ... "

" Pizza rolls a fallin' on my head,
  And I'm runnin' with my mustache turnin' red. "

" I ham a broadcasture and I suck the great divide,
   For pizza rollz, my mouth openz wide. "

I am gonna have to get contacts if I'm gonna do these.

I just thought of another one to do.

Me as Noory being Ravolta singing " Sucking Alive. "

Do I have to do them standing up ?

I could wrap my bad knee in ace bandages and ice it up later if I try to dance.

Wish I knew Weird Al. HE could do IN-justice to the $noore.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Ghost Gab on November 24, 2013, 01:00:21 PM
When I lived in Colorado Springs I would stand on the spot where Tesla had built his first giant tower and imagine the energy that flowed there and times thought I could still feel some. That tower and lab in Colorado Springs were before the NY tower and facility were built. I'm sure you already know that but it was interesting how he caused the entire city to go dark during an experiment. He loved the lightning around the mountains and buried many spools of wire around his property among other things. They tore down his lab and sold the wood for some houses built in the area and some of his equipment is said to still be near where the lab was taken by people wanting to save his work. Other equipment is in museums or collections I imagine. I went with one paranormal group to a house in Cripple Creek where Tesla stayed during his visits to study the lightning. We even got that investigation of the My Ghost Story TV show, one of two they filmed fyt?or us. Tesla was amazing! I once even did a ham radio special event from the spot the lab was once located at. Tesla power!

Yes a amazing mind...I think Tesla may have bee an alien.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on November 24, 2013, 09:12:15 PM
Yes a amazing mind...I think Tesla may have bee an alien.

$noory will soon be doing a special ham sandwich event at that location.

littlechris

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 24, 2013, 08:11:17 PM
Art....you should check out http://www.bbsradio.com/delta/

the design looks like it might be a good one for your web page

rosie

Thats a pretty cool design and would compliment the "Dark Matter" name and theme. Speaking of, does Art own the name "Dark Matter" or will SiriusXm be popping up their ugly head to claim ownership of the "Dark Matter" name???