• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: steelbot on November 24, 2013, 01:49:09 AM
NEW GAME -

http://www.random.org/

My random number was Post number 6451 between 1-18929 (post# at the time so you'll have to be current and try to keep up it's a little difficult....go there now and quote it...add to it...
SHIT FUCK FIRE!

The post I found was a beauty:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.msg188022#msg188022

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 07:49:26 PM
Dave's probably streaming right now.

It speaks for itself.

Falkie2013

That's funny and I eat popcorn while I'm listening to old AB broadcasts.
I can't stand the rock shows on Saturday so the radio's off.
Got to do dishes so I can make dinner. Haven't had anything to eat all day except coffee and a cough drop.

steelbot

# 14811 -
Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 15, 2013, 10:18:47 AM
Hey, I just woke up and got the coffee going. So, I'm going to ask something because I'm in total disbelief: Why the hell did you guys go to /b/? /b/ hates everything that isn't boxxy. Asking /b/ for help is like using plutonium to get rid of weeds in your garden.

That being said, you might have had some luck on /x/, which is the paranormal board. Lots of Art Bell fans there.
what is this x/y/z you speak of?

and if you've seen we're the millers...fuck of real life flanders!

FallenSeraph

This game. I got #4818.

Quote from: Xitheron on November 07, 2013, 01:15:55 AM
It would be interesting to know the numbers.

Do you think most people watch "Breaking Bad" for instance live or watch it later on their DVR so they can fast forward the commercials?  I don't know...  In this day and age, I personally hate commercials of any kind and will do whatever I have to do to avoid them.  That's why I love the on demand aspect personally. Don't know how that will translate to the masses or to SXM's mindset.

Live, because it's a "can't wait to watch this" show, just as Art's is a "can't wait to hear it." And a lot of the Art junkies are night people. And a lot of those people like(d) to gab about it live here. So . . . wait, what was the question?

::)

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 24, 2013, 01:50:08 AM
Falkie broke them and is wearing another pair of broken glasses. Next week Lenscrafters will be prescribing me a new pair of glasses for free. I just have to take the prescription in. They do this every year for people who can't afford glasses.

But in the meantime, I discovered this lost segment from Art " Free Me " Bell's NOT ANY MORE DARK MATTER and present it here for the first time anywhere.

Here JC Snebster calls Art and complains about the trolls attacking Art on Bellgab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFC5n18mqvY&feature=youtu.be

Maybe you can go again next year so you'll have a backup pair.

How did they break anyways? You don't seem like the type who gets into frequent barroom brawls or anything.

Nova

Quote from: shell88 on November 08, 2013, 12:24:11 PM
It is not my prayer but the spontaneous prayer of some other bellgabbers who were under the grace of Art.

Amen.  Too afraid to step on anybody's religion here.  I suck at this game.  Do over!

Queen

I still would like to see MV have AB and GN on his show together. 

Altho an mtv Celebrity Death Match would be more fun lol.

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 23, 2013, 10:30:10 PM
This is good stuff. Thanks for posting Art. Blow off penguin. Ft. Rock can turn those scorpions any direction he chooses. And I shall lead them.
Back from the dead to lead Fort Rock's scorpion army?  Man, this is exactly what I have missed since you slowed down posting.  Well, that and posts like:
Quote from: aldousburbank on November 23, 2013, 11:26:21 PM
Wow that sounds so reasonable. Are you feeling ok ?
I really did mean to send you my best wishes when you started wandering the desert.  Hope you return occasionally for a tall, cold drink.

steelbot

Quote from: NIN2 on November 24, 2013, 02:13:15 AM

LONG LIVE HARRY GOZ!
--NEVERMIND-- thought Harry was Nick Diamond on CDM - but RIP non the less Harry...oh Captain Murphy you sultain of the sea you!

jazmunda

Quote from: NIN2 on November 24, 2013, 02:13:15 AM

I think the space time continuum would explode.

ROBERTS

Wow, Did I ever get here LATE....
What absolutely insane drama we have here...wow.
As to the subject of trolls...yes. The internet is full of them. They're for the most part, completely meaningless people with no job or life who actually have time for such nonsense. Ignore them and they eventually die from lack of drama.

As for the apparent flood of post Sept. 01 negative posts...there are no coincidences. The simple truth that C2C immediately went on the assault against Art Bell and Dark Matter, making obvious moves and maneuvers out in the open to poach guests and openly tell guests they would "never work in this town again" if they did DM too, this couldn't be more clear to the blind and deaf. If it's true that Noory runs the C2C ship, then this rests on him. If Premier is still festering over old grudges and approved or even "inspired" these actions, they share the wearing of the mask of shame. And it is shame.

Bring your best game out onto the battlefield of talent and ideas. Compete against your competitors with your brilliance and superior product. Don't be a petty schoolyard punk. One of you troll toadies run back to your Master and deliver this message: Noory, you're sad. Just sad. Low class. Bad form. Petty. And Premier? What could you be thinking? All giants fall. All Empires collapse for the weight and stress of their own corruption. So it shall be thus in your instance..

Drive on Art. Do what you need to do. Here in Czech, you have a fan for life. I'll listen to your dead air over Noory babbling insipid nonsense on topics he has no knowledge or interest in, or his habit of letting droodling moron callers stoned on brake fluid babble crazyness on open air while he takes a bathroom break or preens his hair and makeup. I waited this long, I can wait a bit more. Get this straightened out. Wherever you are broadcasting, I'll be listening.

dortmunder

Quote from: laserjock on November 24, 2013, 01:22:37 AM
What I am curious is, well, Art has expressed his displeasure with Noory's lack of skill and professionalism, but what is Art's opinion of that other guy, the lunatic, John *B* Wells (that middle initial thing is a sure sign of inflated ego).  Wells might think he has a woofer voice, and that he's oh so slick, but he's also half a bubble off and frankly, a worse interviewer than Noory, neither of them ask good enough questions and can't lead a show in a good enough direction, though Wells does get credit for prepping for shows better than Noory, but Well's is a paranoid android.  He recently came unglued from an email I wrote to him, and when I said that we had enough wingnuts on the air already, he went on a sort of ramble on the radio about being called one, making little sense with his statement.

Neither man has the skill and character that Art seems to have.  Sure, Noory HAS stuck with things, but Noory doesn't stand up to or challenge guests or callers, Noory pussy foots around, and Wells blames every aspect of life on a grand conspiracy instead of what life really is: just a huge clusterfuck.

Art, if you are unhappy (using mild words here) with Noory's treatment of the show, how do you sleep at night with this Wells character doing even worse damage?  Punnet (I really miss him) was at least intelligent and challenged guests, and had good topics.  Knapp is alright too.  But they can't do the show.

My BIL went searching for other shows online that are paranormal and he told me there's a number of them.  But, Art has a special skill.  It's like me with photonics, I'm good at it.  We all have something we're good at, Maybe Noory and Wells can start doing what they ARE good at instead of ruining radio.

Wells also likes to entertain the delusion that Art listens to him whenever he's on. He's actually said it on the air before.

Nova

steelbot

Quote from: Nova on November 24, 2013, 02:25:01 AM
I'm waiting for a new game.
Guess I'm taking my ball and going home then!  :P

Nova

Quote from: steelbot on November 24, 2013, 02:25:49 AM
Guess I'm taking my ball and going home then!  :P

Come and get it then.

AppealPlay

Quote from: steelbot on November 24, 2013, 02:03:39 AM
# 14811 - what is this x/y/z you speak of?

and if you've seen we're the millers...fuck of real life flanders!

Different boards on 4chan.

steelbot

Quote from: littlechris on November 24, 2013, 02:28:30 AM
Ahh, how cute. :P
You guys still at justin.tv?
lol - nah - i'm just on the forums here tonight

Nova

Quote from: steelbot on November 24, 2013, 02:29:25 AM
lol - nah - i'm just on the forums here tonight

Chip Chan is waiting for you to let her out.  Shoo!

WOTR

Quote from: dortmunder on November 23, 2013, 11:39:59 PM
Insulting a man's wife (or any of his family, for that matter) is about as low and scummy as it gets. Anyone who does something like that deserves a proper fucking thrashing.
I have posted here that generally I m not overly emotional.  My major outburst was when a girlfirend had committed suicide and just after the funeral somebody said something along the lines of "good riddance."  He is only alive right now because there were people to stop me from going too far...
Quote from: Wolf on November 24, 2013, 01:12:07 AM
There were many weakly armed trolls indeed. In the midst of it all some new guy showed up vowing NOT to be a troll.  He seemed nice.  *wink wink nudge nudge* Thanks for the kind welcomes.  I bid you all goodnight!
It really says something about where this place has been for the last while when a poster joins promising to NOT be an asshat and the forum erupts into fits of celebration.  I was going to say "welcome" as well.  Enjoy your stay. :)

Falkie2013

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 24, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Maybe you can go again next year so you'll have a backup pair.

How did they break anyways? You don't seem like the type who gets into frequent barroom brawls or anything.

Originally I stepped on them while having a coughing fit. I couldn't see them and was wandering around going " where ARE my glasses ? " when I heard and felt this crunch & stepped on them and broke off the left temple. Later I broke them in half. Once I get the new glasses I WILL save up for a second pair. Glasses are expensive. I've bought cars that were cheaper than what I've paid for new glasses. I'm going to try to find someone who can put the lenses of the one's I'm wearing so I can have an " emergency " pair. When I get the new ones they will go in the glasses case when I am not wearing them.

I have had to defend myself against drunks in the street. I don't drink much so I stay out of bars except to go eat. But then most people don't bother me. I'm usually reading or looking at my email or playing backgammon or hearts while I'm waiting for food. Or listening to my gf is she's with me.

plumwalrus

Quote from: ROBERTS on November 24, 2013, 02:19:40 AM

<snip>

I waited this long, I can wait a bit more. Get this straightened out. Wherever you are broadcasting, I'll be listening.

My sentiments exactly.  Good night, all.  I'm off to say my prayers...

And lead us not into frustration,
but deliver us from Noory. Amen.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ROBERTS on November 24, 2013, 02:19:40 AM
What absolutely insane drama we have here...wow.
As to the subject of trolls...yes. The internet is full of them. They're for the most part, completely meaningless people with no job or life who actually have time for such nonsense. Ignore them and they eventually die from lack of drama.

As for the apparent flood of post Sept. 01 negative posts...there are no coincidences. The simple truth that C2C immediately went on the assault against Art Bell and Dark Matter, making obvious moves and maneuvers out in the open to poach guests and openly tell guests they would "never work in this town again" if they did DM too, this couldn't be more clear to the blind and deaf. If it's true that Noory runs the C2C ship, then this rests on him. If Premier is still festering over old grudges and approved or even "inspired" these actions, they share the wearing of the mask of shame. And it is shame.

Bring your best game out onto the battlefield of talent and ideas. Compete against your competitors with your brilliance and superior product. Don't be a petty schoolyard punk. One of you troll toadies run back to your Master and deliver this message: Noory, you're sad. Just sad. Low class. Bad form. Petty. And Premier? What could you be thinking? All giants fall. All Empires collapse for the weight and stress of their own corruption. So it shall be thus in your instance..

Drive on Art. Do what you need to do. Here in Czech, you have a fan for life. I'll listen to your dead air over Noory babbling insipid nonsense on topics he has no knowledge or interest in, or his habit of letting droodling moron callers stoned on brake fluid babble crazyness on open air while he takes a bathroom break or preens his hair and makeup. I waited this long, I can wait a bit more. Get this straightened out. Wherever you are broadcasting, I'll be listening.

" Stoned on brake fluid. "

LOL !

Welcome. My father's parents came from Czechoslovakia and Hungary. Hope you get the opportunity to post more often.

And I like Nova's avatar. It's quite pretty and striking.

We need someone to make a countdown clock for how many days it will be until Art can come back.