• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 09:10:10 PM
That reminds me of the campaign to get the TV show Jericho back on the air where people sent thousands of nuts to the studio. The last word spoken of the series was "Nuts".

FYI - The show was renewed for a shortened second season in order to finish the storyline.

I think we should purchase used copies of former guests' books (some of them go for pennies) and mail those in.

The same worked for Twin Peaks, Jaz. People were sending in wooden logs and stuff.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 06, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
The schedule on Sirius for tomorrow night has been updated on ARTBELL.COM:
11/07 - Thu - TBA

It should be a doozy.

Have you chekced out their website?

http://www.tba.org/

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 06, 2013, 08:21:13 PM
Look Art, our Aussie friend is willing to finance the whole operation.

Jump on the stream and say hi to jazmunda.

Checks in the mail. Right area51drone? ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: phrodo on November 06, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
He was too busy doing Hogan's Heroes nostalgia appearances .. strip malls and POW camps and such.

Which is damn hard to do after breaking out of Stalag 13 and finding out your dead.

Ravenna

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 06, 2013, 05:46:54 PM
They also say he didn't give it enough time, that one month is no time to 'build a base'... Was interesting to hear that when they moved from WNEW they didn't have a fraction of the callers and it took time to get callers.

"He's gotta give it a little time."

I think Art thought all his old regulars from the c2c days would be listening, live, and calling in.  Sure, many of them WERE listening, but not live.  Out of 6 weeks of shows, I probably listened live about 4 times.  The 'on demand' feature was just way too convenient, but if you're listening to an already recorded show you are hardly going to call in. 

I agree that six weeks is too short of a time to build a base.  Art assumed his base would be there, live every night (the old base), and it either just wasn't or it was listening to the show on demand.  I'd love to hear what the numbers were for listenership, both live AND people listening on demand, but of course Sirius "doesn't release those."

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 09:21:07 PM
Which is damn hard to do after breaking out of Stalag 13 and finding out your dead.

Bigfoot

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 06, 2013, 09:20:06 PM
It's not impossible, you can rent streaming servers from companies and have artbell.com redirect to their servers which is probably what they're doing anyway.  There are companies out there that all they do is run streaming servers for ice and shout cast.  You pick your bit rate, stereo/mono, number of listeners, and you pay your monthly bill, then you just point your output stream to the input of the server and the servers handle the rest.

He could do something as simple as get a pro account with Ustream or Livestream, etc. 

::) Such a shame that this is such a kerfuffle.  wtf

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 09:20:21 PM
I think we should purchase used copies of former guests' books (some of them go for pennies) and mail those in.

The same worked for Twin Peaks, Jaz. People were sending in wooden logs and stuff.

Would it help if we put dog shit in a paper bag, light it on fire and leave it on George's front porch, then ring his doorbell and run for the hills?

sydtron

Quote from: phrodo on November 06, 2013, 09:16:05 PM
He was too busy doing Hogan's Heroes nostalgia appearances .. strip malls and POW camps and such.
HOOOOOOOAGLAND!!!!!!
(Insert picture of Col. Klink)

Meanandnasty

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 06, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
The schedule on Sirius for tomorrow night has been updated on ARTBELL.COM:
11/07 - Thu - TBA

TBA _ True Bad Ass  Mr. Bell is BACCCCK.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 06, 2013, 09:22:45 PM
He could do something as simple as get a pro account with Ustream or Livestream, etc. 

::) Such a shame that this is such a kerfuffle.  wtf

agreed.  I'm really hoping it works out and he's back tomorrow :D

11/04 - Mon - REPLAY - Richard C. Hoagland

11/05 - Tue - REPLAY - Charles Faddis Ex-CIA

11/06 - Wed - REPLAY - Loyd Auerbach

11/07 - Thu - TBA

YEAH BABY

NOT REPLAY TBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanandnasty

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 09:23:54 PM
11/04 - Mon - REPLAY - Richard C. Hoagland

11/05 - Tue - REPLAY - Charles Faddis Ex-CIA

11/06 - Wed - REPLAY - Loyd Auerbach

11/07 - Thu - TBA

YEAH BABY

NOT REPLAY TBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since Mr. Noory likes to call in on streaming shows, maybe he will call in, just use a landline or Mr. Bell  will talk mean to him.

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 09:23:15 PM
Would it help if we put dog shit in a paper bag, light it on fire and leave it on George's front porch, then ring his doorbell and run for the hills?
I thought that we were already doing that.

zeebo

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 07:54:50 PM
I want the show to work at least as much as all of you but I have been at this for a while and I know what it
takes to be viable and when I say that I mean not just as a niche type show, viable Worldwide. I understand
that some of you are sooooo angry that you will not listen to the free steam and I will just have to find a way to
live with that.

Art please try to ignore the enraged trolls and focus instead on finding the right show format.  I trust you know what you're doing and I also believe that however you choose to work it you will have a multitude of vaguely lovable fans who will support you.

420desert

someone check the Princeton eggs, they should be cracked as fuck.. I'm in a mindmeld with Paglini equaling the power of a trillion minds on VIABILITY

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 07:50:49 PM
Ok, yes, google chrome is doing it beautifully.

To hell with you, firefox.

Bite your forked tongue. Google is the devil.

Falkie2013

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 06, 2013, 09:23:23 AM
If this happens I would be so happy :)

Art I've been listening since about 1996 and have never called in, but if you do come back, maybe I'll actually call in and tell you about the evil clown apparition I saw once..

That's strange. I've been seeing an evil clown apparation every night for 10 years.

Scariest damned thing I've ever seen and the nightmare will never end until we get to Mars.
Of course, we could all petition Obama to volunteer $noory, Tommy and Hoagland to be the first " volunteers " to go to Mars, thus ending the $nooremaster's contract.
And Hoagland could finally tell everyone just what the face was, the fireplug was and the thing with the wire sticking out of it was.
Probably the cable that jumps starts $noory's brain every night.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 06, 2013, 09:27:05 PM
Where was that announced?

It hasnt but unless Keith is a jerk, hes back.
It went from replay to TBA as a show.

Wilderness

Should Art come back on, some one should open a Book on how long he sticks around!! 

I very like Art Bell shows but 1.5 months into his new show he quits.  What happens if this live stream idea doesn't pan out due to low Listening Base.. then what - he'll quit again?  Lots of C-Cran gadgets suddenly appearing on EBay!!

We've already had "Art Bell Quits.. coast", "Art Bell quits Dark Matter", how long until "Art Bell quits again"?  Maybe at that point it should be time for "Art Bell retires". 

Art wants a large base of listeners, without that large Base - whats the point?  Whats the point of broadcasting a show to 500 - none really - like a once famous Musician performing in a Pub, when once they performed in 200,000 people stadiums.

aldousburbank

Quote from: 420desert on November 06, 2013, 09:28:08 PM
someone check the Princeton eggs, they should be cracked as fuck.. I'm in a mindmeld with Paglini equaling the power of a trillion minds on VIABILITY
Yeah, exactly!

Zenman

Didn't realize there were so many female pilots.

And they all have sexy voices. Or is that just because I'm envisioning them in their hot-pressed pilot uniforms?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 09:28:55 PM

That happened just before the streaming tests... very interesting...

nika01

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 09:28:54 PM
That's strange. I've been seeing an evil clown apparation every night for 10 years.

too funny

AppealPlay

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 09:28:55 PM

Ohhhhhhh.  Exciting! :D

Twotrips

On the front of Dark Matter page is now a link to www.RadioRage.com
wasn't there earlier.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 09:23:15 PM

That's a great idea!  Jorch would be delighted to have another recipe for his cookbook.  Flambe El Dave.  Yum.