• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Spinner

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 04:43:15 PM
That sure is interesting to hear Opie and Anthony agree with the problems Art is having. They always have said they want to leave. I guess Art was just the first to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlygtPXJR8#t=312

Thanks for posting that. It certainly confirms that other shows have been experiencing similar problems with Sirius.
Good stuff.

Ravenna

Quote from: DesertFox on November 06, 2013, 10:43:38 PM
Now I think the super skeptical can now see Art wasn't lying about being determined to return--he will stream thru Sirius or do it for himself EVENTUALLY if needed.  Told them he wouldn't make a lying vow--no reason to.  It was a statement of intention, not a lie.

Yeah, but it's just sad to think that the "eventually" will be two years from now if Sirius says no to the newly revamped schematics of having Art Bell on Sirius.  Am I willing to wait two years again to hear Art?  Probably.  Will Art want to come back and do an online radio show from his website at age 70?  I have no idea.  But, sorry, 70 sounds pretty old.  (That, to me, is technically when Old Age starts).

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 11:02:33 PM
ART BELL IN TALKS WITH SIRIUS RADIO TO BECOME 'INDEPENDENT BROADCASTER'

http://www.horrorreport.com/2013/11/art-bell-in-talks-with-sirius-radio-to.html

Nice digging. Anything about tides and sunrise/sunset.

That word Independent must made you vomit in your mouth a little.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 11:03:21 PM
What?  He's still on Me in my area.  He's a nice warm-up before Columbo on Sunday.  Loved the recent Columbo's with MacGoohan.

Sunday, Nov. 10th

6:00 pm  Kojak LETTERS OF DEATH
"Anonymous messages begin turning up informing a model that someone close to her is in danger of being murdered."

Me worked here until they moved it on the channel lineup. If I want to watch an old program bad enough I just go out and buy the DVD set.

I now have :

Highway Patrol
Streets of San Francisco
Ironside
Perry Mason
Banacek
The A Team and a lot more. I'm big into retro tv.

laserjock

Remember The Name of the Game?  I wish I could see that show again.

Falkie2013

Sunday November 22nd :

Kojak

Emails of Death

" A radio talk show host receives a series of emails warning him he's in danger of burning his tongue on a box of hot pizza rolls. "

Marc.Knight

Remember old Kolchak?  The progenitor for X-Files?

http://youtu.be/-Xfl0m6U8IE

DesertFox

Quote from: Ravenna on November 06, 2013, 11:06:50 PM
Yeah, but it's just sad to think that the "eventually" will be two years from now if Sirius says no to the newly revamped schematics of having Art Bell on Sirius.  Am I willing to wait two years again to hear Art?  Probably.  Will Art want to come back and do an online radio show from his website at age 70?  I have no idea.  But, sorry, 70 sounds pretty old.  (That, to me, is technically when Old Age starts).

Yep that's worst case scenario.  I'd wait, live my life in the meantime and have that as a goal to do/listen to down the line.  Age on radio if you still have the pipes is no big deal...Paul Harvey went well into his 80s.

Hopefully though we get it sooner.

Falkie2013

Quote from: laserjock on November 06, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
Remember The Name of the Game?  I wish I could see that show again.

Universal is kind of strange in that they have this huge library of shows and release them with no obvious pattern.
Name was a show that didn't quite fit into a niche and the LA: 2017 episode with Gene Barry just cries out for DVD/Blu Ray release considering it was directed by Spielberg.
They have released Probe, the pilot for Search, which does have a small fan base, and may release the whole series if there's enough interest. The show had the bad luck to come on during the 1972 energy crisis and both NBC and KRON tv here kept pre-empting it for shows on the energy crisis, something I'd not seen a network do to a new show in its first airing before.

Probe title sequence 1972

The name of the game 3 x 16 L A 2017 pte 1

ItsOver

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 11:07:51 PM
Me worked here until they moved it on the channel lineup. If I want to watch an old program bad enough I just go out and buy the DVD set.

I now have :

Highway Patrol
Streets of San Francisco
Ironside
Perry Mason
Banacek
The A Team and a lot more. I'm big into retro tv.

In this area, a local station broadcasts Me over the airwaves.  I just picked-up up a $10 antennae and am watching the old shows gratis.  I'm about 20 miles from the station but the quality of the reception is very good.  Of course you get the inevitable commercials but I sure like Me's line-up of old shows.  I even enjoy their clever promos.   

gbneely

Quote from: bateman on November 06, 2013, 11:06:09 PM
tertiaryimam's book, The Magick of Cats. The reviews alone have me in tears, I'm laughing so hard.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Magick-Cats-Feline-Grimoire-ebook/dp/B00C559N4M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1383798209&sr=8-5&keywords=the+magick+of+cats

I think I ruptured my spleen! The "effective paperweights" line was priceless.

popple

Quote from: littlechris on November 06, 2013, 10:19:06 PM
NIIICE!!! I knew not to cancel siriusxm yet, i figured Artie would hopefully come back!!!!!!!!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 11:10:07 PM
Sunday November 22nd :

Kojak

Emails of Death

" A radio talk show host receives a series of emails warning him he's in danger of burning his tongue on a box of hot pizza rolls. "

Hahaha... I can see Tommy in the background, following Jorch around during the episode.

shell88

This is who to e-mail at Siriusxm for best results:

"Scott Greenstein is President and Chief Content Officer of Sirius XM Radio, overseeing all of the satellite radio broadcaster's programming, marketing and corporate marketing activities.

Greenstein has extensive entertainment industry experience, and prior to joining the company he was a consultant to SiriusXM on the strategic agreements that were forged with the National Football League and Penske."

.  This is the yay or nay guy, I would think, and messages really should go directly to him.  Lots of messages sent to others in the company don't get through to him, I am sure.
I tested this email and it hasn't come back so I think it is good.

This guy is a bigwig, so I'd keep it clean and professional, grammatically correct. If you do write in support of Art and the quality of their on-line streaming, It might be beneficial to point out the benefits Art's stream would bring in terms of revenue. He's into money big time, so that's what you'd want to sell to him. Hope some of the more excelled writers send him a note.

Scott.greenstein@sirius.com

Catsmile

Quote from: laserjock on November 06, 2013, 11:01:53 PM

And to all you that were so unkind and hateful and foul mouthed and childish:  Shshshsh, take a chill pill and go do something else for a few days.  You aren't the know it all you think you are.
Mabuhay or maligayang pagdating!
Good thing we have you here, and your all knowingness, to set us straight... whew!

Maybe you can YM with your bride for a few days until things settle down here a bit if all us hateful folks get your pearls in a twist.
Magandang gabi.

phrodo

Evidently we have police scanner radio on the test stream now... could get interesting.  ???

Where's luna when you need her.

Get callin sirius people.

http://m.siriusxm.com/contactus

littlechris

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

Fuck you, little chris. Fuck you very much.

Looks like I got a stalker!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

Mystery43

My stream is fine on my Window's media player. (very cool to hear the air traffic ) If Sirius Denies Arts request to go independent, I hope that doesn't mean we have to wait two years for a new show.. my brain may explode in anticipation.

Future guests on Dark Matter:
Bob Lazar
David Paulides
Travis Walton
Dan Aykroyd (duh  ;))

sherry440

Siriusly, as TSX & philosopher pointed out, what the odds they will go for this now if they wouldn't Monday?

I'd love to be more confident, but what does the company gain by this?  Or...isn't this the same as streaming on your own without Sirius which could've happened a year ago? What am I missing here?

I just turned back in and I see we now have COPS - Las Vegas.  I am going to get some popcorn and listen.  This new channel is a blast - between the tension at the airport and now the adventure of COPS.  I hope later we get Cable Guy - Las Vegas and hear via their communication devices all the suspense that the cable guys endure. ;D

AppealPlay

Quote from: Mystery43 on November 06, 2013, 11:24:05 PM
My stream is fine on my Window's media player. (very cool to hear the air traffic ) If Sirius Denies Arts request to go independent, I hope that doesn't mean we have to wait two years for a new show.. my brain may explode in anticipation.

Future guests on Dark Matter:
Bob Lazar
David Paulides
Travis Walton
Dan Aykroyd (duh  ;))

There's only so much Travis Walton can say about his ride.  I think he's basically explained it all.

Isn't Bob Lazar dealing with legal trouble with his company?

Nighthawk

Quote from: littlechris on November 06, 2013, 11:20:57 PM
Looks like I got a stalker!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

Little chris you are one of the many haters on here that needs to go over to that other guys thread and show. Your not wanted.

Heather Wade

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 06, 2013, 11:25:21 PM
There's only so much Travis Walton can say about his ride.  I think he's basically explained it all.

Isn't Bob Lazar dealing with legal trouble with his company?

MadMan. 

tertiaryimam

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 11:20:16 PM
Where's luna when you need her.

Get callin sirius people.

http://m.siriusxm.com/contactus

Yea. Let's all do like Luna did and LET THEM KNOW HOW WE FEEL! This is what Democracy looks like!

[attachimg=1]

littlechris

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 11:26:51 PM
Little chris you are one of the many haters on here that needs to go over to that other guys thread and show. Your not wanted.
Apparently you dont know the definition of a hater. do you? if so, what is the definition of a hater??

tertiaryimam

Quote from: sherry440 on November 06, 2013, 11:24:19 PM
Siriusly, as TSX & philosopher pointed out, what the odds they will go for this now if they wouldn't Monday?

I'd love to be more confident, but what does the company gain by this?  Or...isn't this the same as streaming on your own without Sirius which could've happened a year ago? What am I missing here?

They don't have to pay art and still get ad revenue. Will they lose some subscribers? Sure. But its a pittance compared to the expansion of AD revenue, if Art has Sirius ads playing during his show. SIRIUS CAN'T LOOZ!