• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: Scruff on November 05, 2013, 01:13:27 AM
The truck driver cell phone excuse is SHIT - everyone use cell phones these days and for someone as tech-adept as Art knows that and is acting like an old fuddy duddy for not embracing that.

People who complained about the streaming issues have shitty computers because I have a mediocre computer and i get the Sirius stream just fine.  Art is taking that most extreme examples of problems and turning them into cases against his host.

I have never had any streaming issues. I only get the alert asking if I am still listening.

I wonder if all the issues were in the same geographical area? I think Art is exaggerating this whole stream issues thing. Yes people are having problems but no more so than any other time. Also for some people it may be quite the learning curve from going from using the dial on the radio to SiriusXM. All this appears to be a move by Art to hurry up the process of trying to crush Coast To Coast. Yes what is to argue about expanding the listener base and also taking some punches at Coast To Coast at the same time.. I'm cool with that. But Art has gone "all-in" and is totally willing to ruin his legacy as a pioneer in radio and be known as a Serial Retiree and a douche.

littlechris

OH GAWD!!!! Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who now "has nothing to live for now that Art is off the air"!!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:32:07 AM
Right now I'm listening to Howard Stern, who is currently playing audio of a retard getting a lap dance. With this to look forward to at least my SiriusXM subscription won't go to waste.

;D  Geesh...quality radio.  I'll be cancelling Sirius tomorrow.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 05, 2013, 01:36:59 AM
Rubbish, "decent" callers could Skype him with amazing clarity, even with a broken stream.  To blame the quality of callers is such a dick move, and plainly an out.

Well, what do you want? Unscreened callers or shills? It's not like he wasn't begging for Skype callers for the last two weeks. Did you Skype up and call?

Araxen

Rubbish, "decent" callers could Skype him with amazing clarity, even with a broken stream.  To blame the quality of callers is such a dick move, and plainly an out.

Yup, I agree. He's just looking for any excuse he can. I though the caller quality in terms of IQ was so much better than that crap callers on C2C. It was a night and day difference. The cell phone callers weren't that bad either. It's another weak excuse.

area51drone

There were a couple of skype callers who sounded okay but I thought most of the skype callers sounded bad, actually.   Skype detracted from the show, IMO.

Scully

Quote from: Scruff on November 05, 2013, 01:13:27 AM
The truck driver cell phone excuse is SHIT - everyone use cell phones these days and for someone as tech-adept as Art knows that and is acting like an old fuddy duddy for not embracing that.

... Art is taking the most extreme examples of problems and turning them into cases against his host.

^^^^^^^^^ This.

gbneely

After reading Art's email, it seems he's saying he left the show for the people who wouldn't buy a subscription and said "screw you" to the ones who did. Why doesn't he just say he doesn't want to put in the work to build the show? It just sounds like excuses from a serial quitter at this point.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 05, 2013, 01:36:36 AM
He should have stuck with C2C.

That's the bottomline.

It ain't in him to stick to anything, makes me wonder how much of his problem with Premiere was complete bullshit too.

Quote from: Araxen on November 05, 2013, 01:34:15 AM
I've never had problems with SiriusXM's stream on my Android phone or via their website. The On Demand stuff has worked flawless for me too. The app is a little clunky though but it hasn't failed to work for me.

I did the 30 day free trial thing. The show streamed flawlessly  every night on my Android.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 05, 2013, 01:35:42 AM
You can hear the cellphone audio and how it sucks on the show. It clearly did.

No problem here.  It sure beat listening to Noory suck full time.  ;)

Heather Wade

Quote from: littlechris on November 05, 2013, 01:38:00 AM
OH GAWD!!!! Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who now "has nothing to live for now that Art is off the air"!!!!

Whoa.  Ok, I love how life always brings along someone crazier than me.

I'm bummed.  Curiously hopeful.  But, it's not worth that, ffs.  Tell him to take his anger out on Sirius like an adult.

Callers on skype somehow sounded just as good as he did, and had no problem in reaching him. So there's not really much to say about a lack of international callers. Besides Australia, I'm pretty sure we got both Japanese and callers from Norway on the line that sounded great.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 05, 2013, 01:39:37 AM

I did the 30 day free trial thing. The show streamed flawlessly  every night on my Android.

Streamed perfectly the entire show on my shitty Sprint 3G connection while traveling.  Streamed perfectly from my PC.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 01:40:20 AM
No problem here.  It sure beat listening to Noory suck full time.  ;)

You leave Geo....Art alone! Hater! LOL, sorry Over. I do like you, your Jorch's flavored butter comment the other day made me spit coffee on the screen.

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 05, 2013, 01:39:37 AM

...The show streamed flawlessly  every night on my Android.

Same here.  Oh, well, it's truly over this time.

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 05, 2013, 01:39:10 AM
It ain't in him to stick to anything, makes me wonder how much of his problem with Premiere was complete bullshit too.

I said long ago there was another side to that story. I think people are now beginning to come to that realization.

HumanBeing

Quote from: littlechris on November 05, 2013, 01:14:40 AM
If that email was from Art, it does look like its over!! Art is ridiculous to demand a year of free streaming when sirius could possibly fix the "problem" in a few days!!

Yeah it is utter nonsense. SiriusXM would be able to resolve this.
Art has to know his place and eat a turd once in a while. He might be King of Paranormal Radio. But he isn't King at Sirius.
It is just a move to hurry along the increase in listeners. Art is obsessed with what happens when a person dies.
The spider story, although scary, is just an example how much death plays on Art's mind. Talk about a tantrum.
He expects things done yesterday. He's gone nuts dude.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:41:56 AM
Callers on skype somehow sounded just as good as he did, and had no problem in reaching him. So there's not really much to say about a lack of international callers. Besides Australia, I'm pretty sure we got both Japanese and callers from Norway on the line that sounded great.

Yup, I was taken aback by the quality of some of the Skype callers.  Art mentioned it himself a few times, I make clips, but it's not worth bothering.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 05, 2013, 01:40:56 AM
A proper radio host.

And what's that? I mean, if the medium can't deliver, then you can be god himself debating Einstein's corpse on the origin of the universe and still suck.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2013, 01:15:41 AM
We can write to Sirius XM, email them and also maybe sign this petition? ^^

hehe you wouldn't happen to be "Maggie Johnson" I see posting and liking all over Art's facebook?  ;D ;D She seems like a huge fan haha

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 05, 2013, 01:42:12 AM
You leave Geo....Art alone! Hater! LOL, sorry Over. I do like you, your Jorch's flavored butter comment the other day made me spit coffee on the screen.

This is like some kind of bizarro world Twilight Zone.  I never thought I'd become an Art "hater."  You did have some good points about Dave, though, SciFi.  Maybe he's not so bad after all.  :o

There's always Stern, people. Right now two strippers have been hypnotized so they have orgasms every time Gary the Retard scratches or pulls at his ear.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 05, 2013, 01:44:33 AM
And what's that? I mean, if the medium can't deliver, then you can be god himself debating Einstein's corpse on the origin of the universe and still suck.
I don't think it's at all too much to ask for a show that lasts for more than 2 months after paying for equipment and subscriptions.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 05, 2013, 01:45:36 AM
There's always Stern, people. Right now two strippers have been hypnotized so they have orgasms every time Gary the Retard scratches or pulls at his ear.

Do not want.

area51drone

What I don't understand is why Sirius wouldn't do what Art is asking.  EVEN IF Art is wrong and the streaming was fine for everyone, it only benefits Sirius to allow Art to stream the show.   They will get more subscribers who will subscribe to them because they can listen to Art in the car.   They'll also hook people into listening to Art on a regular basis, and when the free ride ends, they'll get subscribers that way.    It's pretty stupid of Sirius and I think they're just being old fashioned themselves.

Aside from that, the world is changing folks - people are expecting more for less all the time.  Once Google (or someone else) has their wide broadcast free wifi and everyone has finally converted over to a smart phone and most car stereos built into vehicles can stream bluetooth - watch out - it will be a different game.   Local FM stations will go the way of AM, and BYE BYE Sirius.   

Even then, it won't be long before car stereos themselves tune into wide broadcast wifi, and you'll have all the stations available to you at the touch of a button, just like the CCrane internet radio.    When that happens, it's REALLY over for regular radio (except say sports and news - but how long before people are broadcasting that way too).   You will even be able to download shows and listen to them while you're in areas that are out of coverage.

littlechris

this just posted at artbell.com:

To All Our Fans, Listeners and Web Visitors

We are sorry that Dark Matter on SiriusXM has come to an abrupt end. We'll examine our options and may be able to return in a different format and medium.

In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often.

Sounds like he may possibly go back on air, who knows.

Falkie2013

Quote from: steelbot on November 05, 2013, 01:25:42 AM
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.msg183292#msg183292 <-My email for the non readers! =)

" Petitions ? We doan need to sign no stinkin' petitions ! Vamanos amigos ! "