• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131031 - Spooky Matter (Thanks, Steelbot.)

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 31, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on October 31, 2013, 11:29:11 PM
wouldnt it be awesome if Art was going to go a full week  or have knapp on to cover him

My guess:  He's adding Fridays (I hope)

Northcoaster

Ah. The C Crane Super USB spooky matter deal announcement.

lonevoice

Okay, who's giving a shout out to BellGab, those people with whom he's only loosely affiliated...thank God?  That's pretty funny, actually.

SgtRocko

Art is going to announce that he is actually... GEORGE NOORY! 

ouch... my own internal orders just tried to throttle me for saying that

Spinner

Hey, nika01 is on the air!

He gave a shout out to BellGab and said he's "loosely associated with them. Thank God."  And Art chuckles!  LOL

coaster

I've been on hold for awhile now. Probably for the best. But we will see. I have a great story too.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: coaster on October 31, 2013, 11:29:11 PM
wouldnt it be awesome if Art was going to go a full week  or have knapp on to cover him
YES on both accounts.

SgtRocko

Art's going to pull an Orson Welles...  the big announcement?  "Spooky Matter is JUST A RADIO SHOW"

Meanandnasty

Quote from: SgtRocko on October 31, 2013, 11:32:08 PM

George Noory will be hosting weekends for him?

shell88

Quote from: zeebo on October 31, 2013, 11:30:12 PM
My guess:  He's adding Fridays (I hope)
If it's "were in", as in poker parlee, as he called it. Then perhaps that's a positive "we're in the money"
which means more money for hosting.

jazmunda

I think it will be the announcement of a Friday/Saturday/Sunday host which fits his analogy to poker parlance of "ALL IN" meaning all nights will be covered with live shows.

Hopefully it's a good host and hopefully Art does Friday.

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on October 31, 2013, 11:32:11 PM
Hey, nika is on the air!

He gave a shout out to BellGab and said he's "loosely associated with them. Thank God."  And Art chuckles!  LOL

Best shout out after Art's own "vaguely lovable" one.

Nova

Cut your tongue out of your mouth!

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on October 31, 2013, 11:34:17 PM
I think it will be the announcement of a Friday/Saturday/Sunday host which fits his analogy to poker parlance of "ALL IN" meaning all nights will be covered with live shows.

Hopefully it's a good host and hopefully Art does Friday.

Art on Fridays with Knapp on weekends would complete my radio fantasy.

Spinner

Quote from: lonevoice on October 31, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
Okay, who's giving a shout out to BellGab, those people with whom he's only loosely affiliated...thank God?  That's pretty funny, actually.
Yeah, Art thought it was funny too.  LOL
It was nika01.

Art

None of these callers are ghosts.  I'm very disappointed.

nika01

what person in their right mind wouldn't claim loose affiliation with you guys ! It was me.  Now I have to face my wife tomorrow morning. The call woke us both up, and I am sure she wont be amused.

Art: Alright very quickly now we're running out of time

GET TO THE POINT CALLER!

Spinner

Quote from: nika01 on October 31, 2013, 11:36:44 PM
what person in their right mind wouldn't claim loose affiliation with you guys ! It was me.  Now I have to face my wife tomorrow morning. The call woke us both up, and I am sure she wont be amused.
I'm sure you'll never forget this night. LOL
Good call, and excellent shout out. :)

littlechris

Quote from: Nova on October 31, 2013, 11:34:39 PM

Roflmao!

Twotrips

Quote from: Nova on October 31, 2013, 11:34:39 PM
Yes,,and bury it in the sand at low tide.....

SgtRocko

Art: This is Art Bell, ladies and gentlemen, out of character to assure you that Spooky Matter has no further significance than as the holiday offering it was intended to be. Sirius/XM Radio's own radio version of dressing up in a sheet and jumping out of a bush and saying Boo! Starting now, we couldn't soap all your windows and steal all your garden gates by tomorrow night. . . so we did the best next thing. We scared you before your very ears, and utterly destroyed the Sirius/XM You will be relieved, I hope, to learn that we didn't mean it, and that both institutions are still open for business. So goodbye everybody, and remember the terrible lesson you learned tonight. That grinning, glowing, globular invader of your living room is an inhabitant of the pumpkin patch, and if your doorbell rings and nobody's there, that was no Martian. . . it's GEORGE NOORY COMING TO FORCE-FEED YOU TURMERIC AND TELL YOU STORIES ABOUT ANGELS AND PORTALS UNTIL YOU GO INTO A COMA, THEN HE'LL STEAL YOUR ORGANS FOR HIS PIZZA ROLLS bwahahahahahaa

lonevoice

Thanks for the vicious but vaguely lovable shout out, nika.  You didn't sound at all like I would have imagined.  Good call, and you could tell it affected Art personally.  I'm sorry about the loss of your friend, but glad that he found a way to say goodbye to you.

Chine

Quote from: Remley on October 31, 2013, 11:19:47 PM

What do you experience when they come to you?  How does it make you feel?

It is hard to describe. Some, I'll feel them rub up against me and a strong smell. Now, I don't mean a light faint scent. It's strong as if under your nose like you can't get away from it. This happened at work also after a coworker's dog passed. No dogs in the workplace. The smell came on, then I saw the dog from the corner of my eye. I didn't know her well, especially didn't know she had a dog. Later, very delicately, asked if she had a 'german shepard husky mix' Described him. She confirmed it. Also, happened with another co worker. Saw her dog next to her that passed when she was a little girl.

I have one's come to me in my mind's eye. I feel this need to just go for the paintbrush. Sometimes, they paint themselves.  No idea who they are. A name sometimes pops in my head, so I title it the dog's name (once, 'Normandy').  I have painted them, posted on my website. A stranger emails me, 'That's my dog 'Normandy'. He passed weeks ago'. Some I've painted before they are about to cross. And some, I hear they passed and get that rush weeks later, and they come through on the canvas.

Desmond

Best story of the night in my opinion.  I think it touched Art and for a moment I thought he was going to share a Ramona story... seems like his voice broke a bit.  Or maybe it was my connection...

announcement: Art's father wears shoes in the pool.