• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131031 - Spooky Matter (Thanks, Steelbot.)

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 31, 2013, 07:03:42 PM

widespread1

Quote from: MV on October 31, 2013, 11:58:52 PM
announcement:  art has a surplus supply of plastic walmart bags stored under his sink which he'd like to ship to a listener for $50.

lol that made ME spew coffee

Spinner

Whoohoooo!
Art has asked Sirius for free live streaming for everyone!
Not what I was expecting, but still very cool news.
I hope that Sirius agrees.

Thank you, Art!

phrodo

That's odd - I have never had any issues at all while streaming the live show at all .. never a disconnect or a blip whatsoever.

maren

What did he mean that if they say 'no' they may not have a viable situation (option)?  I forget exactly how he said it...

Northcoaster

Wow. "Not a viable situation going forward" if they don't approve this. Interesting. What does that mean?

littlechris

Quote from: SgtRocko on November 01, 2013, 12:02:50 AM
You're right... it would destroy C2C and give XM incredible free advertising

hell yes it would destroy snoorey!!!! But the streaming is only available from artbell.com from what Art said.

wenck

Quote from: popple on November 01, 2013, 12:01:36 AM
Wow, Sirius is very generous to allow a live stream on artbell.com! They must really love Art.

They haven't officially signed off yet.

Job

If Sirius doesn't agree, Art could just podcast and sell the podcast to Sirius.

Leave it to me to look on the dark side:  Art said that if Sirius does not allow streaming from ArtBell.com then we may have an untenable situation.  What does that mean?  The end of the show?

The free streaming is great news! I have Sirius online and it drops out all the time. I listen to a pirate stream because the pirate stream is more reliable.

phrodo

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 01, 2013, 12:03:35 AM
I wonder what sirius is going to say.

Bet they say no way .. but hope they say yes...

coaster

Desmond

I would be very surprised if Sirius agrees to this. 

And I wonder what Art meant when he said, "If not, we may not have a viable situation."  Announcing this prior to Sirius agreeing to do it is odd...

Heather Wade

Quote from: Northcoaster on November 01, 2013, 12:04:00 AM
Wow. "Not a viable situation going forward" if they don't approve this. Interesting. What does that mean?

Yeah, that's giving me the creeps.

SgtRocko

Okay then...  bit of a letdown there, but c'est la guerre.

See ya's Monday!  Stay safe, people

wenck

Quote from: maren on November 01, 2013, 12:03:50 AM
What did he mean that if they say 'no' they may not have a viable situation (option)?  I forget exactly how he said it...

That's how he said it and that concerns me. If Sirius says no, and Art doesn't think there's a viable path forward then I can only fear the worst.

TumbleWeed

Quote from: Northcoaster on November 01, 2013, 12:04:00 AM

I'm somewhat worried about that.

If they say no to free streaming for all, is art going to quit? Or does that mean that sirius is going to drop him?

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on November 01, 2013, 12:03:37 AM
That's odd - I have never had any issues at all while streaming the live show at all .. never a disconnect or a blip whatsoever.

It's only happened to me once in a month and a half of listening.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Spinner on November 01, 2013, 12:03:18 AM
Whoohoooo!
Art has asked Sirius for free live streaming for everyone!
Not what I was expecting, but still very cool news.
I hope that Sirius agrees.

Thank you, Art!

actually, it was pretty close to my terrestrial radio suggestion, since it means general availability of the show.  same difference, whether it's the net or air.

littlechris

Apparently George Noory just had a heartache live on air!

Bonanza Pilot

I hope Art was just playing hard ball when he mentioned the current situation with the show 'might not be viable going forward'. It almost sounded like a ultimatum of retirement. I so hope that is not the case.

Chine

Quote from: coaster on October 31, 2013, 11:54:22 PM
All I wanted to do was mention bellgab. I had the greatest ghost story ever. Maybe another day.
btw, almost the greatest topic ever. ONe, I was happy. The entire nigh was fucking wonderful. I thank all of you.

I gave up on it. Was tired of redialing, waiting to get on. Wanted to just enjoy listening. I'm going to call in when Paglini is on.  ;)

EarthAlien007

Quote from: maren on November 01, 2013, 12:03:50 AM
Is all the online streaming crashing their servers? He said something about people streaming from England. So if Art streams from his site it will take the load off Sirius?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 01, 2013, 12:03:26 AM
Called it.

i don't think that was a prediction, but rather a play by play of what art was saying.