• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131007 - Ghost Investigator Society - Paranormal Matter

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

Quote from: Scruff on October 07, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Well no - having used the internet in the late 90s it was perfectly easy to look at any profile people chose to present online.  The GIS presented a very professional tight-nit group of investigators that did not include Chunkamunka.  I listened to Brendan through his Coast to Coast GIS shows and even his fledgling show "Contact Beyond with Brendan Cook".  He seemed very credible and passionate about the field the entire time. 
I did not listen to him on George's show.  I won't listen to George. 
Suddenly here he is with this DJ Chuddles and all the EVPs sound like faked crap. DJ Cankle has a ridiculous internet presence and that's what he chose to present to the world.  Now he is part of the GIS.   They sound like people trying to fake EVPs.  It's disappointing.  I could listen to an old GIS show tomorrow and enjoy it.  I won't listen to tonight's show again.

Same, except some of the older EVPS that were mixed in. But then Chumba lied about those, so, same.

Of course the Faraday cage has no effect on audio that's being hoaxed :)

indigoo

Quote from: Scruff on October 07, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Well no - having used the internet in the late 90s it was perfectly easy to look at any profile people chose to present online.  The GIS presented a very professional tight-nit group of investigators that did not include Chunkamunka.  I listened to Brendan through his Coast to Coast GIS shows and even his fledgling show "Contact Beyond with Brendan Cook".  He seemed very credible and passionate about the field the entire time. 
I did not listen to him on George's show.  I won't listen to George. 
Suddenly here he is with this DJ Chuddles and all the EVPs sound like faked crap. DJ Cankle has a ridiculous internet presence and that's what he chose to present to the world.  Now he is part of the GIS.   They sound like people trying to fake EVPs.  It's disappointing.  I could listen to an old GIS show tomorrow and enjoy it.  I won't listen to tonight's show again.

I agree, GIS was definitely legitimate. Not sure now. I'm talking about Chonga specifically, and the years since the advent of the internet people build up a trail, so to speak. There's more out there now on this guy, most likely, than back then. Obviously he wasn't around then, which is another matter.

DelphiDreams

Quote from: InsomniacMissourian on October 07, 2013, 11:42:22 PM
I took a picture of me waving to them, funny thing is that all of my fingers save the middle one have disappeared...
Oh how spiffy with a side of Keen even, <3...

popple

An entity pretended to be a little girl on EVP and got called out? This is some to catch a predator realness  :o

Quote from: popple on October 07, 2013, 11:47:25 PM
An entity pretended to be a little girl on EVP and got called out? This is some to catch a predator realness  :o

Chunga's voice work must have botched that one.

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 11:48:49 PM
Jesus, this lady is gonna finish out the show

She's a hoot though, huh? Bet she throws a mean tupperware party!

jazmunda

Quote from: indigoo on October 07, 2013, 11:44:45 PM
I agree, GIS was definitely legitimate. Not sure now. I'm talking about Chonga specifically, and the years since the advent of the internet people build up a trail, so to speak. There's more out there now on this guy, most likely, than back then. Obviously he wasn't around then, which is another matter.

He is claiming that he was. He slotted himself into the story of gathering the drowning EVP. At the time that the GIS presented that EVP on Coast with Art there was no mention of Jimmy Chunga as being part of the GIS either by the GIS or on their website at the time. So why is he claiming to be there all of a sudden.

I can't believe he said he wanted to punch people in the ass within the first five minutes. If that's not some Freudian shit, call me mickey mouse.

area51drone

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 07, 2013, 11:42:11 PM
Yes, put a faraday cage on the recorder, many problems solved

But then you wouldn't get any recordings! 

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 11:50:40 PM
He is claiming that he was. He slotted himself into the story of gathering the drowning EVP. At the time that the GIS presented that EVP on Coast with Art there was no mention of Jimmy Chunga as being part of the GIS either by the GIS or on their website at the time. So why is he claiming to be there all of a sudden.

No wonder Barbara left...

Quote from: casioson on October 07, 2013, 11:50:36 PM

its a ham thing....

Damn. I've heard of 73 as hamspeak for "best regards" but never 71.

What does 71 stand for?

area51drone

If this stuff were true, why wouldn't they get the same voice multiple times.. it's always a once and done thing

PotatoBuggin

Maybe I'd take EVP evidence a bit more seriously if shows like ghost hunters never existed.

eddie dean

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 11:39:32 PM
shit! you heard a feedback loop? Which one is 15, what are the "words" being said?

the voice says "she knows you're alone"
the feedback is very subtle and quick on "Knows" or "you're".
I could be wrong but I've been in enough bands with shitty PA's that have feedback loops. That is what it sounded like to me.

jazmunda

What's next on Dark Matter? RCH is going to reveal Major Ed Dames as his intern all those years ago with Cronkite.

Quote from: area51drone on October 07, 2013, 11:53:54 PM
If this stuff were true, why wouldn't they get the same voice multiple times.. it's always a once and done thing

Someone asked Barbara this on a previous episode, and they have gone to the same place and gotten the same voice twice. Well, supposedly. Fucking Chumba.

I wonder if Brendan knows that he just lost a lot of people that were behind him for over 10 years.

indigoo

lonevoice

Quote from: InsomniacMissourian on October 07, 2013, 11:52:11 PM
No wonder Barbara left...
Also, Barbara (and Brendan at the time) never really tried to impose on us with her speculation of what the EVPs actually were.  She was reluctant to even theorize.   Tonight we have Chumlee telling us that some of them are demons...some of the children's voices aren't really children, rather they're demons pretending to be children to deceive people...ol' Chumlee's got it allll figured out now.  He's been working so hard to teach Brendan too! 

Quote from: eddie dean on October 07, 2013, 11:54:09 PM
the voice says "she knows you're alone"
the feedback is very subtle and quick on "Knows" or "you're".
I could be wrong but I've been in enough bands with shitty PA's that have feedback loops. That is what it sounded like to me.

I'm going to listen for it myself after the show. I don't doubt you and I'm really interested in checking it out.

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: indigoo on October 07, 2013, 11:56:26 PM
I just can't wait for the proper open lines night!

I guarantee that will be the best episode of Dark Matter to date.

jazmunda

Quote from: indigoo on October 07, 2013, 11:56:26 PM
I just can't wait for the proper open lines night!

I'm going to try and call in. So will everyone I guess.