• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131007 - Ghost Investigator Society - Paranormal Matter

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

CRM 114

yes..Barbaras quavery 'grandma lady' voice and manner made a delicious sandwich, even if was just baloney....these guys are just microwaving crappy 7-11 burritos...they weave no tale, set no mood.

Don't like that they announce what you're supposed to hear

popple

sounds like a baby crying and then someone making it laugh and then it cried again.

SaucyRossy

I stopped listening, catching up on the dr Taylor episode from last week.

Sounds like a low fidelity recording of noise with a sample of a baby overtop of it

coaster

I think its pretty disrespectful for Brendan to be feeding Art such obvious bullshit after Art had GIS on so many times.

Uncle Duke

OK that last one was just too hokie, I'm not buying this.  I think I know why Barbara isn't with them tonight.

Quote from: The General on October 07, 2013, 10:05:53 PM
That "Hate you" one was bullshit.
Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 10:05:32 PM
Ok. I'm out of here. Just heard the "Hate You" and I'm calling bullshit.

Sorry Brendon but you hitched your wagon to the wrong guy. Bye bye credibility.

Bring back Barbara.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 07, 2013, 10:10:19 PM
OK that last one was just too hokie, I'm not buying this.  I think I know why Barbara isn't with them tonight.

These are people who I suspect have heard the same other 3 or 4 GIS appearances that I have. This is not the same sort of presentation. "Hate to break it to you."

PSSHHHHH

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:08:31 PM

Some of these are obviously dishonest and anyone with integrity would not have submitted them.

Maybe that's why Barbara isn't on?

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 07, 2013, 10:06:15 PM
Yes. To all of that.

And you should be able to understand why people would be disappointed by that.

Eh, other than Chunga's lame personality being annoying and the EVP's being more clear, I don't see any difference between the credibility of this show and the past. It's always been fake. These people have always been con artists.

It's still entertaining IMO, just in a different way.

CRM 114

I need to make up a fake CV and specialize in reverse-voicing EVPs.

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:10:21 PM
These are people who I suspect have heard the same other 3 or 4 GIS appearances that I have. This is not the same sort of presentation. "Hate to break it to you."

PSSHHHHH

Yes!  Multiple times.  This is different.

I don't know Zap, I don't think it's always been fake.  These, however, are as staged as pro wrestling.

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:10:21 PM

PSSHHHHH

In fact I have listened to every GIS appearance. They were my favorite guests.

Tonight is like meeting your hero and finding out he is a crack addict.

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: InsomniacMissourian on October 07, 2013, 10:12:34 PM
I don't know Zap, I don't think it's always been fake.  These, however, are as staged as pro wrestling.

If you think these are fake, then you think the old ones are fake too. Brendan wouldn't be a part of this fakery if he wasn't a fake all along.

PrairieGhost

So now GIS takes outside sources as truth? Great Britian? Come on!

ieboku

The baby does it. This is fake. It would be child's play to dub the real baby recording into the wind recording...

mattjs2732

I can honestly say, it was GIS that I was listening to back in the Fall of 2002 when I first heard Art. Best night I ever had. But now, seems like GIS has gone way down hill.

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 10:13:07 PM
In fact I have listened to every GIS appearance. They were my favorite guests.

Tonight is like meeting your hero and finding out he is a crack addict.

aldousburbank

My radio picks up evil creepy shit every time I tune in George's show.

jazmunda

"I'm your worst enemy I watch you sleep".

Puh-lease.

Art WTF!?

Scruff

Quote from: mattjs2732 on October 07, 2013, 10:15:30 PM
I can honestly say, it was GIS that I was listening to back in the Fall of 2002 when I first heard Art. Best night I ever had. But now, seems like GIS has gone way down hill.
This isn't the GIS from 2002 - This is Brendan Cook trying to impress his buddy by playing along with fake EVPs. 

Interesting everybody except for one person on the forum so far has noticed a huge change in quality on the part of GIS.

CRM 114

Poor Art must be pretty bummed out since he's desperately trying to feed them drama and they keep droppping the ball.

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 10:11:01 PM
Eh, other than Chunga's lame personality being annoying and the EVP's being more clear, I don't see any difference between the credibility of this show and the past. It's always been fake. These people have always been con artists.

It's still entertaining IMO, just in a different way.

Well, I guess I just liked the stoic approach in presenting this bullshit. Art's EVP shows always got me in the Halloween mood and as I say I am not a believer. On this one you've got a windbag talking about Buzz and Woody jumping out of toyboxes, the presentation has a lot less ... something. Gravitas? Don't know

This is an old one "I don't like you"

Hear the noise floor?

Chumba is talking too loud, clipping the mic on his handset.

SnapT

Quote from: CRM 114 on October 07, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
yes..Barbaras quavery 'grandma lady' voice and manner made a delicious sandwich, even if was just baloney....these guys are just microwaving crappy 7-11 burritos...they weave no tale, set no mood.
Original GIS was the REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.

Jimmy Chunga and Friends are the EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS.

indigoo

Quote from: ieboku on October 07, 2013, 10:14:26 PM
The baby does it. This is fake. It would be child's play to dub the real baby recording into the wind recording...

Yea the fidelity was just too good for this to be anything but bullshit. The EVPs that work for me are the ones that have some questionable quality because I believe, if it's a real phenomena then there will be imperfections.

Fucking Chunga is a boner. Seriously, he's a god damn DJ that poses with arms outstretched.