• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131007 - Ghost Investigator Society - Paranormal Matter

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Scruff on October 07, 2013, 09:49:44 PM
This is not a GIS show.  This is Brendan Cook trying to hang out with his buddy and creating fake EVPs for reasons unknown.  SO FAKE it's frustrating.

I really hope Brendon is not in on the "hoax".

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 09:54:30 PM
I really hope Brendon is not in on the "hoax".

I think he has to be.  Whether or not he was before the introduction of Chunga is now what should be up for debate.

CRM 114

Theory: Barbara believed and respected no money.....Younger dude eventually wanted to monetize the deal and got ahold of Chumpa...and they get a kickback from the Spirit Boxes, I mean they talked about a commercial product for 15 minutes while pretending not to....

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2013, 09:53:31 PM
They were using digital recorders in the last few shows they did with Art and they were a lot clearer but these sound crystal clear and I'm not buying that it's because it's on Sirius as the reason.

I was listening to the last 2010 GIS show on the streamlink feed, which aside from a few anomalies was a clean feed. And the audio was still more believable.

I've done some work in audio, and in my opinion the noise floor has everything to do with why these sound fake.

You can tell how far a sound source is from the microphone by comparing how loud the sound is versus the room noise on the tape. And when the sound source is so close to the mic, it sounds like a fake EVP, like its a person's head next to the microphone, as in this case.

In the older GIS recordings, the EVP's seemed to emerge from the noise floor itself, making them more believable and authentic feeling.

jazmunda

Quote from: InsomniacMissourian on October 07, 2013, 09:55:19 PM
I think he has to be.  Whether or not he was before the introduction of Chunga is now what should be up for debate.

Say it aint so Brendon.

Zap Rowsdower

this chunga guy is annoying but i think you guys are being a bit dramatic.

it's still an entertaining show. i'd say it's in the top half of dark matter shows so far

popple

"because it didn't come from us it's credibility is put into question"

LOL even the stuff coming from you is questionable, ok?

The General

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 09:59:21 PM

it's still an entertaining show. i'd say it's in the top half of dark matter shows so far
Of course. It's a very entertaining show.
It's Art.  It's great. He's back.
Chumba sucks.  And that's okay.

If I wasn't entertained, I wouldn't be here. It's still good radio, listening to how Art handles it. But we also know what the fuck we are talking about and Chunga is bullshit, a few of these EVP's have been complete horse shit, and we know it.

popple

is watching kids sleep wildly entertaining to demons?

Scruff

This sounds like someone trying to fake EVPS  . . . Growllllll.

Okay.  Brendan last appeared on C2C in March of this year, alone, and with a one hour segment.  I need to listen to the show to hear the quality/"authenticity" of the recordings.  Before that, the last time he was on the show was in 2010.  In the mean time, he was a part of a radio program with Chunga.  This is getting more and more strange as we look into it.

jazmunda

I'm still finding the show very entertaining. I'm just doubting the truthfulness of the subject matter which I never did before. The only thing that is different is Chunga and the fact that I have a slightly larger waistline.

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:03:33 PM
My dog freaked out on this last EVP

That would be hackles-raising if you just hit that bowl beforehand...

Zap Rowsdower

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:01:50 PM

If I wasn't entertained, I wouldn't be here. It's still good radio, listening to how Art handles it. But we also know what the fuck we are talking about and Chunga is bullshit, a few of these EVP's have been complete horse shit, and we know it.

sorry to break it to you, but every EVP ever has been horse shit. this chunga guy just makes it more obvious by being a douchenozzle

jazmunda

Ok. I'm out of here. Just heard the "Hate You" and I'm calling bullshit.

Sorry Brendon but you hitched your wagon to the wrong guy. Bye bye credibility.

Bring back Barbara.

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:01:50 PM

That "Hate you" one was bullshit.

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 10:05:08 PM
sorry to break it to you, but every EVP ever has been horse shit. this chunga guy just makes it more obvious by being a douchenozzle

Yes. To all of that.

And you should be able to understand why people would be disappointed by that.

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 10:05:20 PM
hah! almost forgot about 'ole oscar.

I love how Art owned him.  "If you want to talk like a demon," *hits audio filter* "you're going to have to sound like this!"

"I hear your voice cracking!"

DelphiDreams

Brendan and Barbra were Mulder and Scully- in a way...
Brendan and Chunga...
kinda like Walter White and Opie.
That's kinda bringing Opie down even.

mattjs2732

I guess what gets me is that, compare the content right now, with what has been presented in the past. The vast majority of these seem to be in a different genre.

Quote from: Zap Rowsdower on October 07, 2013, 10:05:08 PM

Here's the difference: Barbara didn't willingly try to pass bullshit onto us the way it's happening tonight. That's the reason Art has had this group on over and over. Because they were HONEST. They never ONCE made Art question their honesty and wether they really believed in their evidence.

Some of these are obviously dishonest and anyone with integrity would not have submitted them.

Yes, he is a douchenozzle and yes he makes it obvious.