• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131007 - Ghost Investigator Society - Paranormal Matter

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 07, 2013, 04:07:11 PM

DanTSX

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 08, 2013, 10:05:04 AM
I have the same complaints many others have.  The GIS no longer have the authenticity they used to when Barbara was present. This new member is an obnoxious ass who loves to hear himself speak.  I don't know why he was recounting events that he was not even present for, just to hear himself talk, I guess.

The EVPs they used to share were cinéma vérité in audio, slices of life from "over there." One of my favorites was taken in an old train station, and it was an old black conductor or ticket taker who they recorded saying, "Shit!" in a very exasperated manner.  Now they are all dark and "demonic."  Sorry, but I'm not buying it. The whole vibe of the group has changed with this new addition of Chumlee, Chunghole, or whatever the fuck he wants to be called.  It was lame.  >:(

Hey they ghosts want a reality TV show like Bungalow does too.  Probably has producers lined up.

Ghost DJ to follow Alien Abductee Kitchen and Samsquanch Gun Store starting mid season sweeps at history channel

Falkie2013

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 07, 2013, 11:53:06 PM
Damn. I've heard of 73 as hamspeak for "best regards" but never 71.

What does 71 stand for?

Well, there is this reference.

Home
What does "Shilshole Prepares" mean?

Shilshole Prepares is an emergency preparedness program supported by the Shilshole Livaboard Association, the Ballard District Council, the Port of Seattle Shilshole Bay Marina and the City of Seattle Department of Emergency Management.

Our mission is to help prepare residents of the Shilshole neighborhood with the skills, tools and resources needed to survive a major disaster with minimum injury and property damage.  We are assuming that we will be isolated and need to survive on our own resources for up to ten days.

Currently we are rolling out a three-part program to meet this mission requirement:

Communicating in an Emergency

In time of major emergency we cannot depend on the availability of traditional communications systems.  We have four ways to communicate between ourselves and out of the area that are independent of the traditional communications grid:

Vessel <> Vessel:  We have established Marine VHF Channel 71 as the Shilshole Vessel Mutual Assistance Network, or V-MAN.  V-MAN meets weekly, Mondays at 8:00PM on Channel 71 to practice communications skills, test radios, and pass relevant communications.

Vessel <> Port of Seattle Operations: These communications continue to use Marine VHF Channel 71.

Shilshole HUB <> Northwest Sector: This link is primarily for local communications with the greater Ballard area and uses Amateur Radio or GMRS equipment and trained operators.  This link will be activated during times of emergency and will be physically located in the central plaza area near the marina offices.  This HUB also participates in city-wide drills to verify that we can successfully transmit messages out of the area.  Both voice and digital protocols are employed.

Shilshole HUB <> Seattle EOC (Emergency Operations Center):  This link connects us with the City of Seattle for status reporting and is similar to the Shilshole HUB <> Northwest Sector except that it is manned by Seattle ACS (Auxiliary Communications Service) personnel and uses voice and digital modes on  amateur VHF or UHF bands.

Getting Prepared
If we are prepared for an emergency we stand a much better chance of survival.  Our preparedness plans fall into three categories:

Awareness:  It is critical that each of us know our neighbors, the skills we have amongst us, understand the plans that are in place before the disaster strikes.  Currently we envision these methods for building awareness:

V-MAN: Vessel Mutual Assistance Network on Marine VHF Channel 71 on Monday nights at 8:00pm.
Presence at community events such as Family Night Out and the Ballard Seafood Fest.

This ShilsholePrepares.org website
Word-of-mouth at dock events, dock captain meetings, etc.
Shilshole skills training events.

Vessel Preparation: Boaters almost by definition are set up to operate off the grid.  However, it is in our best interest to plan for major disasters and get our vessel in shape to survive.  We are developing a Vessel Preparedness Checklist with things to consider for giving your vessel the best chance to survive a major disaster.

Skill Training:  We need to know how to handle marina utility problems, fuel spills, fires, medical emergencies, sanitation, and security.  We are working with the Port of Seattle to address these issues and will be training those who are interested during the months ahead. We are encouraging everyone in our our neighborhood to consider the following courses:
SNAP basic training
CERT training
First Aid/CPR certification
Amateur Radio Licensing
Incident Command Structure (ICS)

Community Planning & Integration
In times of emergency we need to make sure our plans fit with and supports those of our neighbors.  Currently the Shilshole Prepares Leadership Team is working with the following organizations to plan and integrate our efforts:
Ballard District Council
Seattle/Ballard HUBS
Shilshole Livaboard Association
Shilshole Dock Captains
Port of Seattle
Seattle Office of Emergency Management
Seattle Auxiliary Communication Service
US Coast Guard

Shilshole Prepares is staffed by volunteers.  We are always looking for volunteers and no experience is required! For more information, contact any of the leadership team.  The Leadership Team Consists of:
Jim Doub, lead, community liaison, website
Jeff Aiken, skills training, recruiting
Dave Krause, vessel communications, recruiting
Sam Krause, awareness & written communications
Tom McIntyre, HUB/ACS/Ham Radio
Al Hughes, vessel preparation

Written by jdoub
Category: Shilshole HUB Operations
Published: 18 July 2013

Quote from: casioson on October 08, 2013, 12:02:17 AM
hamspeak is not a set in stone kind of thing....

I've been a ham almost 20 yrs and never heard 71s.
73, 88, 33 yes but never 71...

Juan

I missed the first part of the show and am just listening to the replay.  This Chunga character is obviously a fraud from his first words.

Murder101

Christ, some of you people seem like you have to find something wrong with everything. Last night was an awesome and fun show. The only bad thing about was the amount of people going"Is this me? Am I on?".

eddie dean

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 08, 2013, 02:20:26 AM

Someone needs to get away to have audio clips on Bellgabbers calling in and posting them on here for all to hear.
Of course, there might be an EVP of it out there somewhere.
;)
I heard you too. You said you worked in audio and gave a shout out to Bellgab. The guest went on and on about your answer and both he and Art seemed to forget you were there.
But it was still very cool.
I had tried for years on the old program to get through and never could. Maybe it's easier this way.
2 questions.
How long did it take for you to wait until you got on ?
What kind of audio work do you do ?
:) :) :)
A repository thread for Bellgab calls and forum shout outs or other relevant mentions is a great idea Fakie! You should start one and see if there is interest.
I was on hold for 5 or 10 minuets. I heard the longest Evp, with running water, right after I got put on hold, then Art went to break and I was the first caller.
The call screener only checked to make sure my phone was of good sound quality. He didn't even listen to my entire question, only maybe 10 seconds, then put me on hold.
I hope you can get through one day.

I record local artists of all genres. Projects include: Music,production,voice-over,radio & video promotions, commercials, Indy film scores.
It's my dream job for sure! 

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 08, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
Well, there is this reference.

Vessel <> Vessel:  We have established Marine VHF Channel 71 as the Shilshole Vessel Mutual Assistance Network, or V-MAN.  V-MAN meets weekly, Mondays at 8:00PM on Channel 71 to practice communications skills, test radios, and pass relevant communications.

Vessel <> Port of Seattle Operations: These communications continue to use Marine VHF Channel 71.

So the 71s was in regards to a disaster/emergency preparedness HAM channel?

Sardondi

Having almost finished listening to the replay I am once again struck, as I always was after hearing any of the dozens of GIS shows over the years, that Art is just as suggestible about the content of the EVPs as the most gullible Nooryite.

Art: "Okay, let's play the next one, which was taken in the mausoleum. Set this up for us."
Brendan: "This is pretty clear, and we think it's a child saying 'Help me, the monster is chasing me because he wants to hurt me.'.....It's pretty intense. Here goes."
Tape replay: "Gabba gobba gooba gibba woowoowoo"
Art: Once again.
Art: Once more.
Art: There's absolutely no doubt it - it says exactly that. There's just no other explanation possible. Disturbing. Chilling. Heartbreaking."

And then he goes on to a theological discussion worthy of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

*sigh*

You go, Art.

bmcintyre

Thank God, I thought I was the only one that hated Chunga and wanted Barbara back.  Someone sold out.

bateman

Just listening now.. This "Chunga" guy makes my skin crawl.

The General

I emailed Barbara and politely requested that she join Brendan next time instead of Chunga.
You can too.

barbara@ghostpix.com

My email to Barbara...

"Hi Barbara,

I was so excited to hear that the GIS was going to be on Art Bell's new show.  As great as it was, I have to say that I was disappointed that you weren't there.  I do hope you are well, and I do hope you are able to join Brendan on Art's new show the next time the GIS is on.  I know I speak for many fans when I say that we really missed you. 

I'm sure Chunga's a nice guy and everything, but he's no substitute for you.

Thanks
Eric"

bmcintyre

I fell asleep and woke up to the EVP with the water sound.  It was creepy.  After reading everyone's comments, I guess I did not miss much.  I really expected a lot from this program.  It was not Art's fault.  A good thing exploited.  Chunga was not a part of the group. 

When I first started listening to them, they were exclusive about membership and were not doing it for money.  Something happened.  I miss Barbara.

bmcintyre

Quote from: The General on October 08, 2013, 03:03:46 PM
I emailed Barbara and politely requested that she join Brendan next time instead of Chunga.
You can too.

barbara@ghostpix.com

My email to Barbara...

"Hi Barbara,

I was so excited to hear that the GIS was going to be on Art Bell's new show.  As great as it was, I have to say that I was disappointed that you weren't there.  I do hope you are well, and I do hope you are able to join Brendan on Art's new show the next time the GIS is on.  I know I speak for many fans when I say that we really missed you. 

I'm sure Chunga's a nice guy and everything, but he's no substitute for you.

Thanks
Eric"

You must be a very nice person!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Sardondi on October 08, 2013, 02:42:25 PM
Having almost finished listening to the replay I am once again struck, as I always was after hearing any of the dozens of GIS shows over the years, that Art is just as suggestible about the content of the EVPs as the most gullible Nooryite.

Art: "Okay, let's play the next one, which was taken in the mausoleum. Set this up for us."
Brendan: "This is pretty clear, and we think it's a child saying 'Help me, the monster is chasing me because he wants to hurt me.'.....It's pretty intense. Here goes."
Art: Once again.
Art: Once more.
Tape replay:
Art: There's absolutely no doubt it - it says exactly that. There's just no other explanation possible. Disturbing. Chilling. Heartbreaking."

And then he goes on to a theological discussion worthy of Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey.

*sigh*

You go, Art.

"Gabba gobba gooba gibba woowoowoo"

I missed that one.
Seems to me they accidentally channeled into a Snoory broadcast.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Murder101 on October 08, 2013, 01:34:53 PM
Christ, some of you people seem like you have to find something wrong with everything. Last night was an awesome and fun show. The only bad thing about was the amount of people going"Is this me? Am I on?".
Sorry, but I love this post.  This was only the 2nd show, first one being the first one with Kaku, that I felt like I strapped in for the rides I wanna take.  Am I complaining too? Not formally, though I came close after the Whitley show.  If you can listen to a show you've heard from the past and find it *fascinating, well that's a pretty damn good show.

While I have fast forwarded through ALL the others, I realize there are so many hearing it for the first time. 

Like any other time, if you even just have to pretend those EVPs are real, it is damn good entertainment!  The deep demon like growlers were just plain spooky matter.

Grov505th

Oh god..my office mate and I listened to the show, we both agreeded the Chungholio was a major asshat and Barb needed to be brought back.

ItsOver

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 03:37:16 PM
Sorry, but I love this post.  This was only the 2nd show, first one being the first one with Kaku, that I felt like I strapped in for the rides I wanna take....

The Kaku show was fantastic.  I've already listened to it several times.  Art's first Dark Matter show and he knocks it out of the park, as Michio brings up a little thing known as WR 104, which he informs us in an in an "oh, by the way manner," may devastate the Solar System. :o

Spooky Matter

Quote from: Grov505th on October 08, 2013, 03:44:12 PM
Oh god..my office mate and I listened to the show, we both agreeded the Chungholio was a major asshat and Barb needed to be brought back.
Major asshat that has recorded voices without bodies.

onan

I wonder what kind of damage control chunga is using at GIS today to maintain his position.

steelbot

Quote from: onan on October 08, 2013, 04:15:16 PM
I wonder what kind of damage control chunga is using at GIS today to maintain his position.
He's playing em all a free DJ Gig! using EVP's phased into techno songs!

Spooky Matter

And while I feel very certain that I was "taken," not WS's taken, by a force (?ghost?) I don't even bother to tell people because frankly I don't believe it myself.  Was it lucid dreaming, was it a demon, *was it an angel?  I'll be damned if I know.  First shadow man, and I mean "shadow man" right down to cloak and hat, at age 20, whose presence I'm guessing woke me up and who just began to walk on by and be gone... years and years before Art and shadow people stories, is another one I can't prove.
How the hell that's the description is beyond me!

My point is for all u debunkers, what the hell more proof do you need when there is a recording?  Even they give off a small not sure, it's so surreal and nobody believes us anyways vibe!

BobGrau

Quote from: onan on October 08, 2013, 04:15:16 PM

He's making oblique references to 'the negatives'

Spooky Matter

I sure hope tonight's another strap on!  Oopsie, I mean strap in.

steelbot

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 08, 2013, 04:25:48 PM
My point is for all u debunkers, what the hell more proof do you need when there is a recording?  Even they give off a small not sure, it's so surreal and nobody believes us anyways vibe!
I don't discount experiences anyone has had, I tend to find credibility in people without evidence vs this or that...the GIS stuff, I don't know what to say other than it's unusual.  REAL (IDK).  But anyone who's profession it is to make money off of this sort of thing, seems to lose some of my interest, but not always so.  Such as the cattle mutilations, those intrigue me.  I find it hard to replicate time and again to the same level perfection (time and again the stories are the same, no blood, no sex organs, no this or that) The audio evidence, as Art pointed out, could be fooled...how about take the fariday cage idea and turn these guys loose....what do they find then?  Why didn't they really acknowledge that as a great idea....would it debunk their 'science'?

Spooky Matter

Quote from: steelbot on October 08, 2013, 04:34:10 PM
I don't discount experiences anyone has had, I tend to find credibility in people without evidence vs this or that...the GIS stuff, I don't know what to say other than it's unusual.  REAL (IDK).  But anyone who's profession it is to make money off of this sort of thing, seems to lose some of my interest, but not always so.  Such as the cattle mutilations, those intrigue me.  I find it hard to replicate time and again to the same level perfection (time and again the stories are the same, no blood, no sex organs, no this or that) The audio evidence, as Art pointed out, could be fooled...how about take the fariday cage idea and turn these guys loose....what do they find then?  Why didn't they really acknowledge that as a great idea....would it debunk their 'science'?
And sorry Steel but I find it very, very hard to listen to 10 seconds of the dry, very annoying LMH.