• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

FallenSeraph

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 04, 2015, 06:16:19 AM
Well, my secret is out and everyone knows my shiny brand new title is Producer for the one and only Art Bell.

So... I am putting out a call for Guest suggestions!  I want names, I want numbers, and I want to know who you want to hear on Midnight In The Desert!  Send a PM or feel free to email me at Producer@ArtBell.com if you have a Guest suggestion for Art!  Don't be shy.

<3 <3 <3 Yay, Redacted!!

dan7800

Quote from: Art Bell on August 04, 2015, 03:04:59 PM
It is a VERY big mystery. I get to the Studio a Hour ahead of time, I saw a invite on Skype from Bassett, so I accepted and his was Orange (away) so I figured he was set and just waiting, I started calling him at 8:50 again and again, by 8:55 I started calling his Emergency back up number several times and got only voice mail. By 9:20 I went to break having waited as long as I could. At that point I had no choice but to go to open lines. As far as the congressman who was to come on in the next Hour that would not work because Bassett was the set up for that, besides I was well into open lines by then. So I still have no clue what happened to Bassett, it's like he just wasn't there. He also never tried to Skype or call me. Weird. When doing a show with a no show, a Talk Host has no choice, as the old saying goes, "The show must go on" that is still all I know, nobody seems to know why he never at least answered his back up line????

On the plus side, it was FUN.

Art

The show was great Art. Thanks for contributing to my shortage of sleep.

CornyCrow

The guests who are showing up are not mentioning that they were contacted by agents from  the other show, so perhaps it's coincidence - but a big one.  It would be nice if someone keeps a record of the no-shows to see if they appear on the guest list of the other? 

I trust Art's instincts, but from only my own point of view, some of those calls may have been ended a bit too quickly.  There was something about a guy with aliens saying he saw footprints the following day, and might have had more to contribute.  That woman who found her lying lover's wife on Facebook - I'd love to know more of that. 

Jackstar

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 04, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
You and I are the only ones that know the extent of what each other's paths have been like...

Jackstar

It is a VERY big mystery.

New developments can change timetables. I can just envision a team of guys working on the note to bring to the attendance office.

"I thought I was going to have steak and lobster for dinner. But now there's no steak, and all I have is extra lobster. And butter. Oh noes!!"

I am not gonna lie--I was disappointed. I like it when S. Bassett puts on the tails and serves it all up from a little silver cart with little silver tongs. Alas, I shall gamely struggle onwards.

ItsOver

Wasn't Bassett going to talk "disclosure?"  Hey, buddy, how about disclosing what was up last night with your no show?  The silence is deafening.  Very strange.  I smell PremRats, burnt pizza rolls, and the star system Turmeric.

Great show, anyway, Art.  Thanks!

Queen

It is a VERY big mystery. I get to the Studio a Hour ahead of time, I saw a invite on Skype from Bassett, so I accepted and his was Orange (away) so I figured he was set and just waiting, I started calling him at 8:50 again and again, by 8:55 I started calling his Emergency back up number several times and got only voice mail. By 9:20 I went to break having waited as long as I could. At that point I had no choice but to go to open lines. As far as the congressman who was to come on in the next Hour that would not work because Bassett was the set up for that, besides I was well into open lines by then. So I still have no clue what happened to Bassett, it's like he just wasn't there. He also never tried to Skype or call me. Weird. When doing a show with a no show, a Talk Host has no choice, as the old saying goes, "The show must go on" that is still all I know, nobody seems to know why he never at least answered his back up line????

Art

You can try to avoid me and change the topic. but ill find you and get my gold star ggggerrr

lmao

Wheres my gold star😔😞

BellBoy

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 04, 2015, 03:33:53 PM
I trust Art's instincts, but from only my own point of view, some of those calls may have been ended a bit too quickly.  There was something about a guy with aliens saying he saw footprints the following day, and might have had more to contribute.  That woman who found her lying lover's wife on Facebook - I'd love to know more of that.

algebra 101

hindsight = 20/20

bateman

Art

Really suspicious. For what it's worth, I had him in my Skype contacts from back when I interviewed him last year - he appeared as 'online' a bit later in the show. Either he completely flaked out & won't own up to it, had some sort of emergency (why wouldn't he explain later though) or Coast got to him. I really can't see any other possibilities.

paladin1991

Quote from: BellBoy on August 04, 2015, 01:44:54 PM

A lesser broadcaster would have folded under the pressure of last minute open lines. Art knows how to fly that "Mother" like no one else and does so with style and panache. Kudos Art and kudos Heather (Redacted)!

Let me   Wade   in here.  Lesser broadcaster?  HEheheh.  We are talking about ART FUCKING BELL here, aren't we?
The man can fly a mike and an audience like no other.  Guest?  Yeah, okay.  We can do that.  Schedule someone.  The guy in the glass box at the Thrifty Gas?  Cool.  In less than 4 minutes ART will have this guy going back and forth, waxing eloquent and ready to sing his version of 'Lady Sings the Blues.'  Acapella.
And we would love it.  ART is the Master of Mike.

Queen

Quote from: bateman on August 04, 2015, 05:00:32 PM
Really suspicious. For what it's worth, I had him in my Skype contacts from back when I interviewed him last year - he appeared as 'online' a bit later in the show. Either he completely flaked out & won't own up to it, had some sort of emergency (why wouldn't he explain later though) or Coast got to him. I really can't see any other possibilities.

If it is an emergency it could be days before we find out

If its coast well. Thats typical dave bs.

Jackstar

Either he completely flaked out & won't own up to it, had some sort of emergency (why wouldn't he explain later though) or Coast got to him. I really can't see any other possibilities.

I find your lack of perception towards any other obvious possibilities to be frankly disingenuous.

http://freshlyclassified.com/

QuoteI really can't see any other possibilities.

Cheap, fast, good: pick any two.

Queen

Well know we know why the membership is going up. Redacted is probably costing an arm and leg. I swear. Some people.

Lol. J/k

paladin1991

Quote from: Faustina on August 04, 2015, 02:13:08 PM
If Noory & Company are threatening Art's guests with "if you're on Art's show, don't expect to be on c2c anytime soon," then that could be a deterrent to guests who are doing radio shows primarily for publicity.  c2c still has a larger listening audience. 

The absolute last minute non-appearance of Bassett and the other guest last night, just not being available on Skype at the pre-arranged time, indicates to me that a c2c operative got to them at the last minute.  Sad, coz it means that Art probably had better not advertise his guests being on his show until the very last minute (thereby giving c2c operatives zero time to contact them and issue their warning).

And you know what?  I'm good with that.  A bit of a surprise on who the guests are?  Tasty.  Sure, there are probably a few guests who couldn't give a flying pizza roll if Dave and his cast of bitches know that they are coming on ART's show, and for those that may be desperate and need Dave's exposure (on his show, not his pants, comeonnow!  get your mind out of Dave's pantz!) they could go on the secret guest list.  Another cool thing, The Secret Guest List.  I just thought that up.  {Feel free to use that (Redacted) cuz you know I'm pulling for you babe!}

paladin1991

Art

Classic.  ART FUCKING BELL folks!  You can go on Youtube and find Tv personalities melting down over trivial shit.  ART loses his entire show....and the show must go on.  ART, just ART.  AND he has fun doing it.  That's ART. 

aldousburbank

Could it have been a portal?

aldousburbank

Quote from: NIN on August 04, 2015, 05:18:12 PM
Well know we know why the membership is going up. Redacted is probably costing an arm and leg. I swear. Some people.

Lol. J/k
You pay what you get for.

Zenman

Hey Redacted, congrats on the spiffy new email address!    :D

aldousburbank

Quote from: NIN on August 04, 2015, 04:48:10 PM
You can try to avoid me and change the topic. but ill find you and get my gold star ggggerrr

lmao

Wheres my gold star😔😞
Dude, it is my opinion that the Chefist called it first, then quickly deleted the post. Why he did so I attribute to one of the following;

A: Humility
B: Respect/Civility- not wanting to "out" potentially still classified intel.
C: Fear
D: Shame
E: A visit from the MIB

Therefore, I recommend the Bellgab Gold Star be honorarily be awarded to Chefist, the Silver Star to NIN, and the Bronze Star to me for keeping my trap shut about junk.

Jackstar

Oh my god. This place is full of stars.

boxman

I see that dave now has changed his last active info to hidden on his profile so he can now login and browse this forum without anyone knowing.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Faustina on August 04, 2015, 01:33:14 PM
There was a guest last week that mysteriously cancelled at the last minute too.  Pretty high percentage of non-appearances considering the show's only been going for two weeks.
Why did Michael Aquino cancel?
I highly doubt threats or bullying attempts from the other show would have any effect on him.
In fact, it could have an effect on them....

What happened? I was really looking forward to this show.

FortRock

Art

I AM BACK WITH ONE COMMENT, WE DID NOT LOAD DAVE TWINKLETOE'S ASS WITH ENOUGH VENOM!

GREAT SAVE FIELD MARSHALL!

centaurie

Quote from: (Redacted) on August 04, 2015, 06:16:19 AM
Well, my secret is out and everyone knows my shiny brand new title is Producer for the one and only Art Bell.

So... I am putting out a call for Guest suggestions!  I want names, I want numbers, and I want to know who you want to hear on Midnight In The Desert!  Send a PM or feel free to email me at Producer@ArtBell.com if you have a Guest suggestion for Art!  Don't be shy.

Congratulations, and I've been wanting somewhere to email a list, rather that have that other place nab them. May not have any good numbers though.

nika01

No excuse for anyone that doesnt follow through on their commitments. Especially with 2 people involved. One of them should have had the wherewithall to contact Art. This smells like Dave to me.

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 04, 2015, 05:30:23 PM
Could it have been a portal?
I'm thinking an angel abduction.  Although, Liam has been getting around a lot lately and HE WILL GET YOU.

bateman

Quote from: nika01 on August 04, 2015, 06:24:18 PM
No excuse for anyone that doesnt follow through on their commitments. Especially with 2 people involved. One of them should have had the wherewithall to contact Art. This smells like Dave to me.

There is a strong odor of suspicion. Smells like shoe polish.

chefist

Stanton Friedman would tell Dave to go to hell if he did that to him!

Queen

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 04, 2015, 05:42:23 PM
Dude, it is my opinion that the Chefist called it first, then quickly deleted the post. Why he did so I attribute to one of the following;

A: Humility
B: Respect/Civility- not wanting to "out" potentially still classified intel.
C: Fear
D: Shame
E: A visit from the MIB

Therefore, I recommend the Bellgab Gold Star be honorarily be awarded to Chefist, the Silver Star to NIN, and the Bronze Star to me for keeping my trap shut about junk.

Dude

Ummm

Yeah

Art told us to guess

So

Yeah

Ok

nika01

I think Bassett needs email feedback