• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: dan7800 on August 03, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
I am interested in listening to Merrill Cook.
I would rather watch Merrill cook. Periscope?

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on August 03, 2015, 03:35:27 PM
it's the adam's apple....

No argument. None whatsoever. Check for wormsign.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 03, 2015, 12:44:17 AM
...for me there has been only two DMDN problems: the rain fade from the test show, and the drop out during the first show.

same here.  i have had zero streaming issues otherwise.

CornyCrow

Quote from: DanTSX on August 03, 2015, 06:33:41 AM

Blah blah Blah blah blah whine whine sniffle snivvle whine.

Yeah it sounds like youve been watching people do business, not actually getting things done.

And when I say watching things get done, I don't mean by actually bein party to business success.  I mean that by it sounds like you watched every season of MadMen on a snow day.
Dan, you're just sounding inadequate and jealous.  Stop it.

boxman

Quote from: MV on August 03, 2015, 03:51:20 PM
same here.  i have had zero streaming issues otherwise.
Same here... The streams have been rock solid with no dropouts whatsoever for me.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: phrodo on August 03, 2015, 03:24:26 PM
Gee paranoid much? Exaggerate much? I've been using PayPal since the late 90's with no problems whatsoever.

Naïve much? I've got two locked accounts. I'm speaking from experience.

CornyCrow

Quote from: ChairSpud on August 03, 2015, 07:44:41 AM
I'm a time traveler subscriber and long time art Bell listener (early 90's) and want to support the show but not at any price. Being retired on a fixed income and already recording the live stream for my own consumption I don't need the archives and don't think under the current circumstances I'd be willing to pay $7.99 (I know current subscribers are grandfathered).

So I have a couple questions. The pending increase for new subscribers is to support exactly what? and where does the revenue from advertising come into play and exactly what does that pay for and is that going to increase too or are new time travelers shouldering the burden? And as I recall Art said the subscriber rate might go up not that it would go up, am I correct?
I know how you feel.  I became a Time Traveller, not to listen to the archives because I listen live, but to support Art's return, like a charitable contribution because I like Art.  I, too, am wondering about the payments vs. the expenses and how they play out. 

It turns out that I do listen to the archives because they're there, but I could live without them easily. 

The previous writer had a great idea - to concentrate public relations on the east coast, where people are way more apt to become Time Travelers because of the time difference. 

DanTSX

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 03, 2015, 03:55:59 PM
Dan, you're just sounding inadequate and jealous.  Stop it.

Jealous of what?

lonevoice

Quote from: dan7800 on August 03, 2015, 03:30:14 PM
I am interested in listening to Merrill Cook. A grad degree from Harvard and ex-congressman.
At least as far as I can find Merrill Cook's never been on that other show.  Bassett's been on a bunch of times with Dave, and it looks like three times with Art in the 90s.

Here's a youtube of Merrill Cook's closing thoughts on the citizen's disclosure congressional hearings, May 2013:

https://youtu.be/sUrnnPOK9cs

Jackstar

Quote from: lonevoice on August 03, 2015, 04:08:04 PM
Here's a youtube of Merrill Cook

This guy should have a Periscope feed running on his face every time he talks about interesting subjects. Those timed eyebrow lifts are exquisite. I'm so in love right now. Someone file my taxes.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Surmo on August 03, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
Not my cup of tea, but Art will make it a great evening.  Might be interesting to hear Cooks' perspective.
Agreed.  I can never tell how much I'll enjoy a show just by reviewing the guest.  Art makes the show.

phrodo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 03, 2015, 03:58:58 PM
Naïve much? I've got two locked accounts. I'm speaking from experience.

Butthurt much? Don't break or even try to bend their rules and you won't have a problem.

Jackstar

Quote from: phrodo on August 03, 2015, 04:29:35 PM
Don't break or even try to bend their rules and you won't have a problem.

You just drove straight off the rez, Chief.

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on August 03, 2015, 01:25:54 PM
I'm hoping it's a guy who decides on a Monday that Art Bell should be interviewed by John Bachelor, heard live on several hundred terrestrial stations, streamed on iHateArt radio, and four days later makes it happen.  Maybe a guy who has a proven track record of procuring his own guests, ones that deliver engaging interviews of the sort that Art Bell fans appreciate. 

Yeah, that guy.  That's who I'd pick if he was available, and count myself lucky indeed.

Baba Booey?

chefist

Flakie is a heat sink for negativity...his absence has left a deep vacuum that is being felt across all threads!

ChairSpud

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 03, 2015, 04:01:57 PM
The previous writer had a great idea - to concentrate public relations on the east coast, where people are way more apt to become Time Travelers because of the time difference.

Yes, you're right they really do have a greater need for the archives. The TuneIn app with built-in timer and TotalRecorder Pro gets around the problem nicely, you get all the music too but the commercials come with it too.

indigoo

Quote from: dan7800 on August 03, 2015, 02:30:02 PM
I worked for a company that took in millions in Paypal payments every month. Other than the fees, it worked pretty well for us.

Payments via Paypal are a different thing compared to subscriptions reliant on a payment through Paypal that have to rely on something as archaic as matching user names.

And your earlier strawman "if people don't like [x] then why don't you build a site or app and give it to Keith/Art" was typical. People just want a hassle-free experience that is up to the standards expected today.

That reminds me, I wonder if Mysterious Universe bozos ever released the Android app. Their indifference to providing a timely app for Android was one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription. Locking people out, or the deliberate defacing of a platform, or the childish brand alliance stuff is so annoying.

So yes, recommendations to improve the whole experience should be considered.

Freyja

Quote from: Jackstar on August 03, 2015, 03:02:51 PM

#1) No risk, no reward.

#2) The entire endeavor is a risk.

#3) It's simply amazing how in all of your twenty-five-post posting history, you haven't mentioned the singular fact that Bell is raising his price to one that exceeds Noory's for Coast Insider. It seems unlikely that a high-falutin' marketing expert, such as yourself, would be able to engage in all this hard-hitting big-business analysis without pointing out this crucially relevant fact.

#4) No one asked you, Shillsauce.

#5) I bet you've seen my dog.

I would never let you get near my dog!!

You know nothing about me ...thank you for showing everyone what  "low-falutin'" looks like.

You're counting my posts?...seriously?!?!? Are you doing this for all newer members here? Who appointed you the BellGab police, judge and jury of who can post here and what they can post?!?!

You obviously both don't like nor understand,nor are capable of understanding what I am trying to say, why I am saying it and  the intent behind it....that's fine.

Schill for Noory my ass!!...LOL...if you only knew.

Get a grip man...we all want the same thing...for Art to live long and prosper on the air.

Now go back and bow down before your Art Bell statue with your ass in the air, your ears, eyes and mind closed to anything that actually may or may not help Art/Keith consider some constructive feedback.... and leave that poor dog of yours alone!!  :-*

Jackstar

You've totally missed the point. You get one more.

dan7800

Quote from: boxman on August 03, 2015, 03:57:17 PM
Same here... The streams have been rock solid with no dropouts whatsoever for me.

None for me. They work great.

jerry

Quote from: dan7800 on August 03, 2015, 05:13:27 PM
None for me. They work great.

That stream guys announcement has popped up in the middle of Art's show and other on DMDN programs several times the last week...

starrmtn001

Quote from: Jackstar on August 03, 2015, 04:12:29 PM

This guy should have a Periscope feed running on his face every time he talks about interesting subjects. Those timed eyebrow lifts are exquisite. I'm so in love right now. Someone file my taxes.
You once said you were unavailable, because . . . Merrill Cook?  Who knew???

Queen

Art

Do yourself And your true fans a favor. STOP READING THESE BOARDS. Your 70 years old do the show how you want to do raise price to what fits for you to be able to do it.

Its awesome you post hear but i dont want to see the show end cos of people complaining and you wake up one day saying its not even worth it.

Just go have fun and ignore these boards please.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: phrodo on August 03, 2015, 04:29:35 PM
Butthurt much? Don't break or even try to bend their rules and you won't have a problem.

Paypal has a number situations that cause automatic locking of accounts. Anyone that knows how can lock someone else's paypal account very easily. Google it and you'll see the scope of the problem. 

indigoo

Quote from: NIN on August 03, 2015, 05:17:36 PM
Art

Do yourself And your true fans a favor. STOP READING THESE BOARDS. Your 70 years old do the show how you want to do raise price to what fits for you to be able to do it.

Its awesome you post hear but i dont want to see the show end cos of people complaining and you wake up one day saying its not even worth it.

Just go have fun and ignore these boards please.

I'm glad the prices have been raised. If it keeps the show going, I'm all for it. I was under the impression as well that the $5 was an introductory price.

I'm just saying, I want the other aspects that need some work to be addressed and addressed properly. I also hope the App, if that's in place of the RSS feed, to be stellar and not some sloppy, piece of buggy garbage.

Mastodonkey

Who is the guest tonight? No word yet?

Jackstar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 03, 2015, 05:17:12 PM
You once said you were unavailable, because . . . Merrill Cook?  Who knew???

"I'm self-contained."

SaucyRossy

It was about that time of the month for bellgab a ritualistic self hatred to boil over and cause these hilarious exchanges. We could all go back to mac vs PC if you guys and gals want a subject change. Windows 10 did just come out.