• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 11, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
If only they could add teenage sexual angst.

yea...Hollywood can market scarey/skin flicks...could not imagine Art describing a skinny dip horror story on air...:-)

PathoJen

Quote from: albrecht on June 11, 2015, 06:21:15 PM
HGH. Problem solved, or so I recall being told.  ;)
I can't wait for the new show, the main current offering and most of the others (aside from a few) are so bad that Art could simply do some radio checks and it would be more interesting.
I'm sure he'd be honored.
He probably should get a pedi before heading over there though.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 11, 2015, 06:21:57 PM
I don't worship you.  I do honor and respect you Art.  Quite a difference. ;)
OK, OK.  I'll dismantle my Art Bell shrine and stop with the chupacabra sacrifices.  I refuse to give up my Dave voodoo doll, though.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsOver on June 11, 2015, 06:26:17 PM
OK, OK.  I'll dismantle my Art Bell shrine and stop with the chupacabra sacrifices.  I refuse to give up my Dave voodoo doll, though.
Dave voodoo doll?  Did you buy it, or make it yourself?  Where can I get one?

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 11, 2015, 06:26:17 PM

don't stop with the chupacabra! that stuff tastes great smoked with a little chipotle BBQ sauce!

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on June 11, 2015, 03:01:09 PM
Listen, I want to lower expectations a bit, remember I am not 40 Years old anymore or 50or60 but in a Week 70. I will do my best but please keep this in mind. You all are raising the bar so high that even if I was still 40 I am not sure I could measure up.
I could be wrong, but I think that this time around, we all understand that what we have is a "bonus round."  Last time people thought (expected?) that you would be back every night for 100 years.  This time, I think that we know that you are going to have fun while you can, and that there may be stints of back pain and there may need to be some breaks.  Not to put pressure on an expected timeline, but I would suspect that you may even need to take the night off when your daughter graduates...  ;) (or even the occasional "concert" or event before that time.)

I think by communicating directly with your listeners you have allowed us to get our hopes up in terms of quality once again returning to this field without people having  unrealistic expectations.

ItsOver

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 11, 2015, 06:28:46 PM
Dave voodoo doll?  Did you buy it, or make it yourself?  Where can I get one?
It just showed-up at my door one night, saying how much it loved Dave.  It's had to pay ever since.

chefist

Quote from: wotr1 on June 11, 2015, 06:39:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that this time around, we all understand that what we have is a "bonus round."  Last time people thought (expected?) that you would be back every night for 100 years.  This time, I think that we know that you are going to have fun while you can, and that there may be stints of back pain and there may need to be some breaks.  Not to put pressure on an expected timeline, but I would suspect that you may even need to take the night off when your daughter graduates...  ;) (or even the occasional "concert" or event before that time.)

I think by communicating directly with your listeners you have allowed us to get our hopes up in terms of quality once again returning to this field without people having  unrealistic expectations.

I can see Art's point of view...it's like opening a restaurant where you already have die hard fans, but you know you need more than that to make it successful! I have a 7 year old daughter that I let listen to Art...she loves it and can't waitl for the new show! However, we are fans...we do that...in the old days someone at night would be bored and tune around on the radio looking for a station...now we have to be the Champions for Art! In anyway we can!

akwilly

might be a little off topic but why was a  rectal thermometer ever needed?

What great trailers, SR and Jaz.    Can't wait for our big "unleash" on July 4th!

onan

I will be happy with whatever Art wants to do. If my advice is worth anything, I would suggest three days a week as host and two days with supporting hosts. Perhaps some background on those two days.

chefist

Quote from: onan on June 11, 2015, 06:47:21 PM
I will be happy with whatever Art wants to do. If my advice is worth anything, I would suggest three days a week as host and two days with supporting hosts. Perhaps some background on those two days.

AGREED!!! Freakin Bob Costas just does before and after show...

zeebo

Quote from: onan on June 11, 2015, 06:47:21 PM

I'm also still hoping for something I think you suggested awhile back, that being an immediate rebroadcast following the show, for those of us who won't always be able to make the 9pm kickoff time. 

I don't know if this makes any sense with the business model, but just re-mentioning it as a nice-to-have.

akwilly

Quote from: serenity on June 11, 2015, 06:28:28 AM
We lost a great one today. Actor Christopher Lee died. Age 93
Also Dusty Rhodes if there are any wrestling fans on here

WhiteCrow

Quote from: albrecht on June 11, 2015, 06:03:55 PM
Amazing. Great job Jaz!

Wow that is creepy.....   Like!

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on June 11, 2015, 07:22:43 PM
Also Dusty Rhodes if there are any wrestling fans on here
Yes. Great memories of The American Dream. And Christopher Lee movies. But Dusty Rhodes, local Austin, TX product, and that era of wrestling was great. I knew if was "fake" even as a kid but the pain was real and the story-lines, rivalries, etc were hilarious. And every so often someone went off kayfabe. Like many things, the consolidation of the "sport" made it a less better (though, admittedly a much more productive business with, besides the NFL, (and I think before it) the best produced "sports entertainment" product out there. I was amazed to learn that he was still wrasslin' even up to recent years since I haven't watched wrestling in decades. Ouch, that is old to be going into the squared circle. RIP.

ps: actually some of the still around "old guard" or maybe even one of the new stars of Wrestling would make an interesting MITD show. I'm sure lots of interesting stories about wresting (developement, local and traveling circuits, bear wrestling, 'take all comer' matches at fairs, then the tv, and through to today to the big time along with the various Japanese, independent, and extreme circuits.) What is real? What is fake? The business side? Etc. Also a lot of those guys also used to like to party (in part for the pain) so some hilarious stories (and tragic ones) also.

MV/Liberace!

BellGab will be down for about ten minutes tonight due to a scheduled power system upgrade on the server. The outage should occur somewhere between 1AM and 2AM eastern time.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on June 11, 2015, 08:04:24 PM
BellGab will be down for about ten minutes tonight due to a scheduled power system upgrade on the server. The outage should occur somewhere between 1AM and 2AM eastern time.

That's not very convenient for me. Please choose another time.  8)

'Jay-Z-munda' .. congrats on another well made video.
Stock footage never looked so frightening.
Good clips.
And Art, my dad, also age 69 going on 70, is feeling young again now that I told him there's a chance I will not have to teach him to use a computer to listen to your show with the AM's starting to fill up.
I think this is a good chance for you to be you, get some old fans back and win over some new ones..
My niece, age 17, has been listening to old Youtube clips of you and actually is excited about hearing a new live version.

And you're coming back at an amazing time. There is an endless amount of paranormal activity in the news.. the world.. space.. science.. CERN.. so many topics that will amaze your listeners.

And Art, I always think back to an old show where a psychic (so sorry his name escapes me) said he will be on the air with you live during some tragic event in Califoria (I think that was the state) .. 

nbirnes

Quote from: jazmunda on June 11, 2015, 08:05:21 PM
That's not very convenient for me. Please choose another time.  8)

We can go to #bellgab for that hour and keep the fires lit. Just don't tell everyone, of course. You know who I mean.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on June 11, 2015, 07:42:39 PM
Yes. Great memories of The American Dream. And Christopher Lee movies. But Dusty Rhodes, local Austin, TX product, and that era of wrestling was great. I knew if was "fake" even as a kid but the pain was real and the story-lines, rivalries, etc were hilarious. And every so often someone went off kayfabe. Like many things, the consolidation of the "sport" made it a less better (though, admittedly a much more productive business with, besides the NFL, (and I think before it) the best produced "sports entertainment" product out there. I was amazed to learn that he was still wrasslin' even up to recent years since I haven't watched wrestling in decades. Ouch, that is old to be going into the squared circle. RIP.

ps: actually some of the still around "old guard" or maybe even one of the new stars of Wrestling would make an interesting MITD show. I'm sure lots of interesting stories about wresting (developement, local and traveling circuits, bear wrestling, 'take all comer' matches at fairs, then the tv, and through to today to the big time along with the various Japanese, independent, and extreme circuits.) What is real? What is fake? The business side? Etc. Also a lot of those guys also used to like to party (in part for the pain) so some hilarious stories (and tragic ones) also.
saw Ric Flair pumping up the crowd in cleveland at tonights nba game. Kinda wish he was home morning the loss of Dusty

Quote from: akwilly on June 11, 2015, 08:24:25 PM
saw Ric Flair pumping up the crowd in cleveland at tonights nba game. Kinda wish he was home morning the loss of Dusty

Flair has a pretty amazing PODCAST right now where he dishes out lots of dirt about old school wrestling. A good one for fans.

Catsmile

SO... See y'all on the forum about Sunday early AM?
I C U in chat. ;)

nika01

Quote from: chefist on June 11, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
AGREED!!! Freakin Bob Costas just does before and after show...

Just like in Pootie Tang

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 11, 2015, 08:14:51 PM
'Jay-Z-munda' .. congrats on another well made video.
Stock footage never looked so frightening.
Good clips.

Thanks Horror for your kind words in this article.

http://horrorreport.com/2015/06/11/the-scary-side-of-art-bell-revealed-in-new-fan-trailer/

I will take a screenshot, email it to myself, print it out on paper, cut it out and then give it to my mom so she can put it in her scrapbook. :P

Quote from: jazmunda on June 11, 2015, 08:29:00 PM
Thanks Horror for your kind words in this article.

http://horrorreport.com/2015/06/11/the-scary-side-of-art-bell-revealed-in-new-fan-trailer/

I will take a screenshot, email it to myself, print it out on paper, cut it out and then give it to my mom so she can put it in her scrapbook. :P

I will autograph it. Of course that will be as worthless as rubles.

You aussies still keep scrapbooks?

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 11, 2015, 08:33:30 PM
I will autograph it. Of course that will be as worthless as rubles.

You aussies still keep scrapbooks?

There's probably an app for it now but no.

Queen

Tell te truth dave is fuckin with ur system right and U need to get it dave proof.

Amazing trailer Jaz, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

cylon

the trailers be making me happy the most. i now am looking very much to hear the radio and Art Bell be on there. i make my way back to US from amsterdam in the july. voice that be in that trailer be so much scaring. i frighted by them.