• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on June 11, 2015, 03:01:09 PM
Hell, that one was so good it scared me!

Listen, I want to lower expectations a bit, remember I am not 40 Years old anymore or 50or60 but in a Week 70. I will do my best but please keep this in mind. You all are raising the bar so high that even if I was still 40 I am not sure I could measure up. One other note, you will hear many of the people you know because this is a small field, only so many good people in it.

Art
I can only speak for myself Art but I've gotten more capable, witty, handsome, and modest with age.  ::)

coaster

Quote from: chefist on June 11, 2015, 03:46:55 PM
how did you get close enough to smell?
I have a copy of his house key. shhh...

Marc.Knight

Listen, I want to lower expectations a bit, remember I am not 40 Years old anymore or 50or60 but in a Week 70. I will do my best but please keep this in mind. You all are raising the bar so high that even if I was still 40 I am not sure I could measure up. One other note, you will hear many of the people you know because this is a small field, only so many good people in it.

Art

I don't think the bar is being raised Art, we're just expressing love and appreciation for the work you have already done. What comes next is an extra treat that adds to the body of work you have given us over the years. 

RoseGirl

You hold that bar as high as you damn well want, Art....I'm a jumpin.

RoseGirl

Oh dear. Really? Did Peter Levenda just call the Dalai Lama a Nazi? Like...really?

RoseGirl

Time to up the meds, Peter.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on June 11, 2015, 04:05:27 PM
I have a copy of his house key. shhh...
Did you copy Jaz's or lawn-boy MV's?

bateman

Art

I remember you saying something similar 2 years ago, and you knocked Dark Matter out of the park.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 11, 2015, 04:27:48 PM
Did you copy Jaz's or lawn-boy MV's?

Where is MV? must be mowing that lawn!

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on June 11, 2015, 04:31:12 PM
I think Thursday's are shrub pruning days.

SciFiAuthor

Art

Art, we all heard you less than two years ago with DM. Despite its short run, it was freaking awesome. One of the most entertaining episodes was the Hoagland interview, even though we've all heard Hoagland many times before. It'll be fine. And besides, you could interview a talking parrot for three hours and it would be more interesting than C2C is these days.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 11, 2015, 04:48:52 PM
Art, we all heard you less than two years ago with DM. Despite its short run, it was freaking awesome. One of the most entertaining episodes was the Hoagland interview, even though we've all heard Hoagland many times before. It'll be fine. And besides, you could interview a talking parrot for three hours and it would be more interesting than C2C is these days.

Agreed! I thought the Dr. Steven Greer episode was one of if not the best UFO shows ever! He ran down an excellent summary and added a few incidents I had not heard of! The large craft over Alaska being one example.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on June 11, 2015, 04:31:12 PM

Uh.   If you want to call it that.

Check out his twitter.

He's out getting his twice a year circumcision.  "Just a little off the top, doc."

serenity

Art

Been with you from the beginning old friend. One show or a hundred, we will take what we can have and I for one, though I am sure many more, will enjoy the ride and the memories old and new. Besides Art your just 50 with 20 years experience. Do what you can. 

Well, I think it's time to get ready...

http://youtu.be/82DSEkHatpw

NowhereInTime

Quote from: MV on June 10, 2015, 05:33:01 PM
this hurt me, sir.  this hurt.

I'm sorry.  I don't know why I thought it would be funny. Looking at it now it's snide. I apologize.

Art Bell

It's to bad about XM, I would love to have them now as long as they do not stream me but I am sure they hate my guts. I don't hate them at all, I just tried to reason with them but it was not to be. I am a very competitive person and they only offered a slim market.

Art

PathoJen

Art
Art just do what you do. I can't imagine you not measuring up to our expectations. By the sure fact that you are coming back at age 70 means you already win at radio broadcasting.

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 11, 2015, 05:21:08 PM
It's to bad about XM, I would love to have them now as long as they do not stream me but I am sure they hate my guts. I don't hate them at all, I just tried to reason with them but it was not to be. I am a very competitive person and they only offered a slim market.

Art
Haha! They probably hate themselves for letting you get away, is my guess.

CornyCrow

Art
Art, I'm sure your mind is just fine. 
Guests, like the fellow from the other night, on Russia, could be interesting if they had an alert and engaged person asking questions.  People miss YOU.  You are intellectually curious and manage to pull interest out of boring topics.  Don't question your abilities.  Seventy is the new forty. 
We just hope that your back holds out and you don't get bored with us.   

Remember Art, 70 is the new 48. Live long and prosper.
As you can see in my avatar, I'm as old as I feel.

PathoJen

The new shows will be much shorter than the shows you did years ago., so that will likely be easier on your back.
I bet 100 bell gabbers would be crawling all over each other to volunteer to walk on your back during the commercial breaks.

PathoJen

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 11, 2015, 05:50:24 PM
Remember Art, 70 is the new 48. Live long and prosper.
As you can see in my avatar, I'm as old as I feel.
You don't look THAT old. Just a tad bit crooked.

ItsOver

Jaz and SR put the current mainstream Hollywood pukes to shame. 

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on June 11, 2015, 06:17:40 PM
Jaz and SR put the current mainstream Hollywood pukes to shame.

If only they could add teenage sexual angst.

bateman

Quote from: onan on June 11, 2015, 06:18:27 PM
If only they could add teenage sexual angst.

And the angry Inception boat horn.

https://youtu.be/SVt4XsTvWXY

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on June 11, 2015, 06:15:42 PM
The new shows will be much shorter than the shows you did years ago., so that will likely be easier on your back.
I bet 100 bell gabbers would be crawling all over each other to volunteer to walk on your back during the commercial breaks.
MV should be finished with the lawn work by showtime.  I'm sure he won't mind adding it to the list.

albrecht

Quote from: PathoJen on June 11, 2015, 06:15:42 PM
HGH. Problem solved, or so I recall being told.  ;)
I can't wait for the new show, the main current offering and most of the others (aside from a few) are so bad that Art could simply do some radio checks and it would be more interesting.

starrmtn001

Art
I don't worship you.  I do honor and respect you Art.  Quite a difference. ;)