• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 10:43:27 PM
No, it's still there but not much really and old now but they are welcome to go get it, actually they owe me a bunch of money for the ISDN they never paid.

Art

I don't want to know who you're using for internet because...well better to be as anonymous as possible but I thought it was really cool to find out that you and Keith both have two high speed broadband connections in case one drops out. What I wanna know is, what kind of speeds are you guys getting? Like google fiber?

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 10, 2015, 10:49:03 PM
Maybe they'll give you free streamlink "insider" membership.  :-\

I hear that's what they are giving the prisoners at Guantanamo instead of water boarding.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 10, 2015, 09:49:58 PM
I've got the same thing going in Missouri. For whatever reason, the cooler weather here has totally favored tomatoes. I started 20 tomato plants thinking it was going to be a so-so year and wanted to ensure that I'd have enough tomatoes for the household. Well, long story short, I must have 100 green tomatoes out there now and everything's blossoming like mad. I'm going to be buried in freaking tomatoes.

I'm still digging out my garden :(.  Peppers and tomatoes still in pots.

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 10, 2015, 10:02:46 PM
my room is like that now...i put an old mattress against wall which helped the reverberations

I hear they muffle the gun shots.

Heather Wade

Art:  "West of the Rockies, you're on the air with Mel.  Hello."

Caller:  "Hi, how you doing?" 

Art:  "Well..."

Caller:  "Another fantastic story, Art!"

Art:  "Yeah, I know."

8)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 10:43:27 PM
No, it's still there but not much really and old now but they are welcome to go get it, actually they owe me a bunch of money for the ISDN they never paid.

Art

Good luck seeing that money. I've found that the bigger the corporation is, the harder it is to get them to pay out the money they owe you when something goes bad. 

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 10, 2015, 11:02:31 PM
Good luck seeing that money. I've found that the bigger the corporation is, the harder it is to get them to pay out the money they owe you when something goes bad.

What this guy says. I'm still owed a bunch of change from Sperry AKA Unisys and Honeywell.

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 10:21:15 PM
I'm happy that the carpet matches the drapes.  ;D
Giggle!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on June 10, 2015, 11:07:33 PM
What this guy says. I'm still owed a bunch of change from Sperry AKA Unisys and Honeywell.

The big corporations realize that they really only have to pay up if a lawyer comes after them. Well, lawyers cost money, so they know that it's a good risk to just not pay you because most people won't find it worth it to retain a lawyer. Paypal stole $900 from me that way. I could get a lawyer and win, but it would cost me about that much to get a lawyer. Legal theft.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 04:56:27 PM
Taken a few minutes ago

Art

Art, I suggest that you install a Jacuzzi in there so you can take care of your back while Internet-casting. 

jazmunda

Quote from: Marc.Knight on June 10, 2015, 11:25:16 PM
Art, I suggest that you install a Jacuzzi in there so you can take care of your back while Internet-casting.

My mild dyslexia thought you were suggesting that I be installed in Art's studio which isn't the worst suggestion on this thread. Am I right?

Grov505th

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 10, 2015, 12:23:59 PM
Do you think they would carry him? I think that's a great idea.
I am not sure  thye might, I mean I heard Bob and Tom on the radio the other day.......

Art Bell

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 10, 2015, 10:52:06 PM
I don't want to know who you're using for internet because...well better to be as anonymous as possible but I thought it was really cool to find out that you and Keith both have two high speed broadband connections in case one drops out. What I wanna know is, what kind of speeds are you guys getting? Like google fiber?

Well without naming them I did a speed check today and I got 30Mb down and 37Mb up but better yet I got 1ms of jitter to LA.

Art

morgana213

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 11:31:40 PM
My mild dyslexia thought you were suggesting that I be installed in Art's studio which isn't the worst suggestion on this thread. Am I right?
lol!

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 11:31:40 PM

You so desperately want to whisper sweet nothings in Art's ear...

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 10, 2015, 11:44:54 PM
You so desperately want to whisper sweet nothings in Art's ear...

Those mean words would be so much easier to take if you were some anonymous jackass rather than some obscure podcast host jackass that I occasionally feign interest in.  :P

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 11:49:50 PM
Those mean words would be so much easier to take if you were some anonymous jackass rather than some obscure podcast host jackass that I occasionally feign interest in.  :P

I think it's cute. I thought we were learning to be more tolerant around here?

sydtron

For some reason, I see Art using Jaz as the Aussie corospondant.  Video could ve made of him in front of a green screen with him holding a small dish antenna. Just like Al Franken on SNL Weekend Update.
The screen behind him will show stock footage of kangaroos and koalas. Then change to non-seqitors like in flight F-16 footage or perhaps gerbil races.  Lol  ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on June 10, 2015, 11:52:34 PM
I think it's cute. I thought we were learning to be more tolerant around here?

I was trying to channel MV but I don't have the bitterness of years of rejection. Boom!

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 11:55:31 PM
I was trying to channel MV but I don't have the bitterness of years of rejection. Boom!

popple

The jacuzzimunda is now for sale in Art's Parts! WARNING: it is not recommended to use Snoorpool yellow wave turmeric brand cleaning solution in the jacuzzimunda. Especially around small pets & children, pregnant women, or women who may ever wish to become pregnant.

coaster

Quote from: jazmunda on June 10, 2015, 10:52:47 PM
I hear that's what they are giving the prisoners at Guantanamo instead of water boarding.
cruel and unusual punishment sir. I figured they would blast Noory's rendition of Elvis through the loud speakers. Talk about torture..

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 11:38:20 PM
Well without naming them I did a speed check today and I got 30Mb down and 37Mb up but better yet I got 1ms of jitter to LA.

Art

That's fantastic upload speed. Love the tech behind making the show happen.

Quote from: popple on June 11, 2015, 12:05:55 AM
The jacuzzimunda is now for sale in Art's Parts! WARNING: it is not recommended to use Snoorpool yellow wave turmeric brand cleaning solution in the jacuzzimunda. Especially around small pets & children, pregnant women, or women who may ever wish to become pregnant.

Also, Jacuzzimunda inc. is in no way responsible for any little Australians who may pop out of your uterus nine months after initial use of the Jacuzzimunda.

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 11, 2015, 12:23:00 AM
Also, Jacuzzimunda inc. is in no way responsible for any little Australians who may pop out of your uterus nine months after initial use of the Jacuzzimunda.
Like Jazz, I am going to claim mild dyslexia.  I read that as "Jacuzzimunda inc. is in no way responsible for any little Australians who may pop out of your uterus nine months after internal use of the Jacuzzimunda."

I was wondering what you would expect after the internal use of the jacuzzimunda, if not babies... ???

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 10, 2015, 10:56:53 PM
I hear they muffle the gun shots.
It only works up to a 9mm.  Anything more and the police still show up...

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 11:38:20 PM

Art

Well .. I know this will draw snickers -- but that is a seriously solid big pipe you have there.

raistlin

Quote from: Art Bell on June 10, 2015, 04:56:27 PM
Taken a few minutes ago

Art

I have to say Art, I'm surprised someone such as yourself with a bad back didn't invest in a nice office chair.  I'm *very familiar with the one you have and it's terrible.

I've got a bad back too and recently purchased a tempur-pedic chair with a fabric back.  Let me tell you it's a hell of a lot better.  It's quite a bit more comfortable to sit in angle wise, but more over the cushions are fairly decent quality for the price.  They do cost more, but it's worth it.