• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

The list of stations is really growing.

PathoJen

I love that new promo. You should have put Chunga in there somewhere though. He could really use the exposure.

paladin1991

Quote from: PathoJen on June 11, 2015, 10:07:23 AM
Then why is he associating himself with GIS? Maybe he's trying to be the next.....these guys.

The guy on the right, I could swear that I had him on the hood of my car once.

phrodo

VERY nice work Jaz!! Good thing I watched it this afternoon instead of last night... pretty scary.

serenity

Quote from: phrodo on June 11, 2015, 02:18:55 PM
VERY nice work Jaz!! Good thing I watched it this afternoon instead of last night... pretty scary.

That was the best one yet Jazz. Well done!

popple

Jimmy Chunga just sounds like a really bad 3am burrito type gas station meal choice.

"They didn't have my regular usual healthy turkey sammich. So rather than go home empty I bought these little Jimmy Chungas. Not very healthy I don't think, but I bought 'em anyway. Went home, microwaved them by the instructions. Took them out and I touched it, and it was very lukewarm. Almost cold. So I picked one and I bit into it and I am telling yewww it was the most scorching Jimmy Chunga stuff I have ever eaten. This stuff was in my mouth. It felt like it was 500 degrees. IT WAS UNBLEEVABLEE HAWT! It was so hot it scorched the roof of my mouth. The skin fell off. Literally. It fell off. And thennnnn that little flapper thing in your throat? That started swelling up. To a point where it was getting very close to blocking my air passage. I couldn't breathe. This was about 3 o'clock in the morning pacific time."

Take out the angel.  That's the iconic Weeping Angel from Dr. Who, in the scene where Amy is watching it come after her through the TV screen.  Otherwise it's great.

lonevoice

Quote from: serenity on June 11, 2015, 02:23:07 PM
That was the best one yet Jazz. Well done!
I love it that when Dave took away Jaz's "Z", Art gave it back to him plus a spare "Z".  Why hasn't Jazmunda changed his username yet to reflect Art's preference?  :) 

All these promo trailers are fantastic.  If someone edits them all together, we could have a full-length feature film. 

But what has happened to our one-man radio station marketing warrior, Khameleon808?!?

nbirnes

Quote from: chefist on June 11, 2015, 12:30:32 PM
Another Cool Jaz Promo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2q-DsXUMK-U

Wow, Jaz! Chills all over from this one, and I don't even (mostly) believe these things. But your vid draws one in with the scenery, the perfect soundbites, and those words ...

It is so cool to showcase the haunting resonance that a good Art Bell program creates.

nbirnes

Quote from: b_dubb on June 11, 2015, 11:23:27 AM
Get yourself a cairn terrier and those moles will all be history. No joke.

They are one of my very favorite types of doggie. Thanks for this tidbit of info. It should bolster my case. To get rid of the lawn bolsters. Much googling here.

Art Bell

Hell, that one was so good it scared me!

Listen, I want to lower expectations a bit, remember I am not 40 Years old anymore or 50or60 but in a Week 70. I will do my best but please keep this in mind. You all are raising the bar so high that even if I was still 40 I am not sure I could measure up. One other note, you will hear many of the people you know because this is a small field, only so many good people in it.

Art

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on June 11, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

Listen, I want to lower expectations a bit, remember I am not 40 Years old anymore or 50or60 but in a Week 70. I will do my best but please keep this in mind. You all are raising the bar so high that even if I was still 40 I am not sure I could measure up. One other note, you will hear many of the people you know because this is a small field, only so many good people in it.

Art
Just do what you do, bro. ;)

SaucyRossy

Art

Art, to many of us, including me. You're like a great friend we've known most of our lives and any time we get to spend with you comes without any expectations. We just want to have fun and make some new memories with our life long friend.

morgana213

Art
Understood.  Having said that, we want to take a ride with you and know you are still the best at what you do.  You always will be!

Jaz, that was creepy. In a good way. Nice!

Art, no one here is raising the bar. You already did that years ago. Whatever you're bringing we're listening.

The techie stuff is cool but I'm in the tin can / string camp. Hell, you could point a megaphone to a mirror on the moon and bounce the signal off the nearest baby monitor and you'd get no complaints from me.

Fun is the goal this time.

Zenman

Art

Sounds excellent, Art. Nothing wrong with well-seasoned-Art any day.

Any new blood as far as guests go is great, but what I'm really looking forward to are the old regular faces. But the real spice of the show, imo, is unscreened open lines where anything is possible. Yippy!

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 11, 2015, 03:14:51 PM
  Just do what you do, bro. ;)
Yes.  I'm not much younger, Art.  I hear you.  Do what you can, but most importantly, do what you like. 

I still enjoy the ride.  I just need more pit stops.  ;)

Heather Wade

Art

We just want to go for a ride in the night with you.  Good times ahead.  No pressure.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 11, 2015, 01:01:07 PM
It's is very good.  I think the BBC might have some legal problems with that stone angel image if it were to be posted as an official trailer.
That angel has about the same rigidity and slick moves in its acting as a Chunga. It is less annoying as it cannot move its lips, and of course is in monochrome, but both are frightening

jazmunda

Thank you to all for your kind comments. Art has given me hours upon hours of amazing entertainment so I only thought it was fair to pay it forward. I have two more in the works that I'm working on. I will try to space them out a bit but the excitement level is at 11.

Art we just want to join you on the ride.

Zenman

Hey Art, you know, now that I think about it, unscreened open lines is really what sets your show apart. I do like the classic regulars: Hoagland, LMH, Michio and so on, as well as lesser knowns, but I'm mostly a fan of the odd ball call-ins like the A51 flyover, Mel, the Bigfoot shooter and such and I bet I'm not the only one.

That's what I'm mostly in it for. You're a great interviewer but there's nothing like the excitement of the unexpected, crazy call-ins that turn into classics. And you never know when they're coming. And you don't know what's coming--even many of the duds are quite amusing.

chefist

Art

Age doesn't define your talent, Art! You will do great!

coaster

Art, you age like a fine wine. Actually, more like a stinky cheese. You're going to be great. No doubt about it.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 11, 2015, 03:45:38 PM
Art, you age like a fine wine. Actually, more like a stinky cheese. You're going to be great. No doubt about it.

how did you get close enough to smell?

popple

That was a very enjoyably creepy video Jaz. Who knew you had such a natural talent for this? :P

Art, please don't think of your past work as competition for the MITD era. Dark Matter was a fantastic show. It's us as participants/fans/gabblings that should be concerned about the ride we're gonna give you! We've gotta bring our best. No question we will all enjoy the show. I along with everyone else want you to have the time of your life. To make you feel your efforts were worth it. You have put so much into getting MITD going & the listening pleasure people have received from your past shows is immeasurable. Your shows have been a great friend to many. I'm glad you're a gabber and this time around just feels different. There is a unity. It's gonna be a unique experience. LET THE MITD ERA BEGIN!!! ;D

zeebo

Quote from: lonevoice on June 11, 2015, 02:43:53 PM
I love it that when Dave took away Jaz's "Z", Art gave it back to him plus a spare "Z". ..

lol good observation  :)

zeebo