• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

aldousburbank

Please excuse- I am cross-posting this from the GabCast thread. I think it's appropriate:

Quote from: boba FETT on June 05, 2015, 05:42:48 PM
It's just my opinion. If (Redacted) is going up to the big leagues, criticism, constructive or not will be LIFE. This board was created to criticise Noory.
Agreed. I could be her biggest fan and I know she'll have all stuff come at her, adulation, criticism, and constructive advice. She knows this and is grateful and honored and embarrassed to some degree, because she does not toot her own horn, and was not hitching for a ride. She was invited to take one. Mostly, as a dude with an ear for good radio and conversational interplay, I believe her natural talent is considerable, her manner entertaining, and she has a great desire and ability to learn. This could not be better imo.

akwilly

Im sure this question has been asked so sorry to repeat it. Art why did you decide to come back?

chefist

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 06:02:19 PM
Im sure this question has been asked so sorry to repeat it. Art why did you decide to come back?

I'm pretty sure he said because he loves the work and finds it fun.

albrecht

From a program director for the AM station near me, who even replays C2C at 7pm so things might not be doing that great over there.
"Hello Al.

Yes, Art is excellent.  We will look into his new show.

Thank you for the many kind words!

Have a good day."

BattyBrooke

Quote from: FortRock on June 05, 2015, 05:18:06 PM
FROM SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE

WE HAVE A CELEBRITY ON BELLGAB TODAY, J.C.'S FORMER WIFE EDNA!
THE LAST I KNEW YOU WERE LIVING IN ELY, NEVADA!

I DIED OF OF EMPHYSEMA AND CONSUMPTION FROM SMOKING MENTHOLS AND DRINKING MAKER'S MARK BUT HAVE ARISEN FROM THE DEAD BECAUSE MRSWIZARD IS OPENLY PRAISING THE DEVIL HIMSELF, EL RUSHBO, ON THE WRONG GODDAM THREAD. IF ANYONE HERE WANTED TO BE EXPOSED TO THAT SHIT THEY'D ASK EL RUSHBO'S TUESDAY WHORE TO OPEN HER CHAFFING LEGS!

heater

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 04:38:56 PM
the state of indiana has deemed him ineligible to use one.

dude when you cashed the check I had to send to get to talk to you on Skype you promised to not tell anyone about that little issue.

WOTR

Quote from: popple on June 05, 2015, 02:48:15 PM
I think people just want a classic Art Bell style show. People are concerned with the # of shows we are even going to get and saying they need the most Art possible before its gone lol I also think they shouldn't be jumped on for having their reservations about something new.
It seems like a sure-fire way to drive Art away and be guaranteed few shows would be to demand that he not try to do things in the manner he wishes.  Yeah, he has no corporate bosses to please this time- but now the fans are trying to run the show.

I hope he brings her on (and then, I hope he brings a few more people on board.)  If things work out, maybe he can leave the occasional open lines show to her and take a night off?  Maybe, if Bateman (or somebody else) works out doing some guest hosting, he will not feel obligated to the fans to produce a show even if his back hurts or he is ill?

Maybe, by letting him run things and trusting that he knows what he wants out of a show, we will get MORE episodes, and MORE Art before burn out or actual retirement?

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 05, 2015, 06:01:56 PM
Please excuse- I am cross-posting this from the GabCast thread. I think it's appropriate:
Agreed. I could be her biggest fan and I know she'll have all stuff come at her, adulation, criticism, and constructive advice.
Funny, I was actually considering starting a Redacted (sucks) thread just to lessen the sting.  Lets face it- the thread will appear, and to start it now as a joke (I do not believe that she sucks) may make it easier to swallow and less of a hit than after she does a show...

***Sorry, but it's the truth.  If there is an "Art sucks" thread and people criticize Knapp (and every other host) they will consume one of their own... Cannibals, I tell ya...

akwilly

I agree let Art run it the way he sees fit. Hell I think Dave's show would be great if Art was running c2c, and I do worry about him burning out. I want quality over quantity and I would love to hear some other hosts that I've never heard of like redacted or bateman

aldousburbank

Quote from: wotr1 on June 05, 2015, 06:30:28 PM
***Sorry, but it's the truth.  If there is an "Art sucks" thread and people criticize Knapp (and every other host) they will consume one of their own... Cannibals, I tell ya...
Well
They'll have to eat me first!  ::)

serenity

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 06:14:44 PM

I DIED OF OF EMPHYSEMA AND CONSUMPTION FROM SMOKING MENTHOLS AND DRINKING MAKER'S MARK BUT HAVE ARISEN FROM THE DEAD BECAUSE MRSWIZARD IS OPENLY PRAISING THE DEVIL HIMSELF, EL RUSHBO, ON THE WRONG GODDAM THREAD. IF ANYONE HERE WANTED TO BE EXPOSED TO THAT SHIT THEY'D ASK EL RUSHBO'S TUESDAY WHORE TO OPEN HER CHAFFING LEGS!

Bitch bitch bitch ........Fuck You :)

gabrielle

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
I agree let Art run it the way he sees fit. Hell I think Dave's show would be great if Art was running c2c, and I do worry about him burning out. I want quality over quantity and I would love to hear some other hosts that I've never heard of like redacted or bateman

I agree...when Art says wanna take a ride, I assume he is the driver.  I just enjoy the trip.

serenity

Quote from: gabrielle on June 05, 2015, 06:37:50 PM
I agree...when Art says wanna take a ride, I assume he is the driver.  I just enjoy the trip.

Can't hardly wait!

BattyBrooke

Thank you, TheGeneral and MindFlayerMonk, for your answers, and MV, Paladin, Aldous, JackStar, and FORTROCK for the giggles.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: serenity on June 05, 2015, 06:34:20 PM
Bitch bitch bitch ........Fuck You :)

The banter between me and FORTROCK (me as JC's wife, Edna) must have gone over your head. Keep up with the thread, big guy. I know you can do it. ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
The banter between me and FORTROCK (me as JC's wife, Edna) must have gone over your head. Keep up with the thread, big guy. I know you can do it. ;)
You will have to type slower for him.

ItsOver

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
Hell, yeah.  And if you don't like what Art's doing, you can go straight to Dave.

serenity

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 06:45:45 PM

As always I love the banter, just felt left out........(snif) but slower is good

pyewacket

Quote from: BattyBrooke on June 05, 2015, 06:14:44 PM

M'KAY...

So Art Bell doesn't have a side kick?

This forum is overwhelming.

Maybe I need to find a cool avatar picture and then I too can understand what's going on here

onan

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 05, 2015, 07:00:49 PM

Maybe I need to find a cool avatar picture and then I too can understand what's going on here

No but he does have an avatar to help guide him through the threads.

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on June 05, 2015, 07:02:21 PM
No but he does have an avatar to help guide him through the threads.

A pretty damn cool one, too.

akwilly

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 05, 2015, 07:00:49 PM

That was fast

It all makes sense now.

Jorch is George and Dave is George and GN is George and any 4 letter word accompanied by an animal/verb/foodstuff is a reference to George and the overall opinion is Art>George.

It all makes sense. Just needed an avatar.

Thank you all.

MAX

Quote from: Faustina on June 05, 2015, 03:19:04 PM
Cars are starting to be sold with wifi in them now.  I think it was Hyundai that just came out with cars with wifi.  Toyota and Honda can't be far behind.
h

Yeah think after they fix the air bags that are killing people first wifi next ... Just saying

ItsOver

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 05, 2015, 07:09:56 PM
It all makes sense now.

Jorch is George and Dave is George and GN is George and any 4 letter word accompanied by an animal/verb/foodstuff is a reference to George and the overall opinion is Art>George.

It all makes sense. Just needed an avatar.

Thank you all.

Very good.  You may have a cookie.

akwilly

this might be off topic but I have trained my body to be able to go number2 without going number1

onan

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 07:13:03 PM
this might be off topic but I have trained my body to be able to go number2 without going number1

Going number two without number one, puts you back at number one.

gabrielle

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2015, 07:05:40 PM
A pretty damn cool one, too.

Did you guys ever have a moment in your life when it just went still, and you thought...wow...this is serenity, this is awesome?  I am not making this up...one night a long time ago Art was talking to someone....can't even remember who, and I was reading really good book at the same time...and I had this ...time stand still moment....all was as it should be....

Don't mean to get deep or anything....just curious.